TN - Karen Swift, 44, murdered, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 *husband charged in 2022* #4

I dont believe in posting peoples fb links, but I was so happy to see Karens son Preston has graduated college and gotten married!

The American public is a very valuable investigative resource to squander. We are in the communication era. The close to the vest silence strategy utilized in the Karen Swift investigation by Sheriff Box, combined with the perceived hypothesis, is the catalyst for cases that end up in the cold case files.. It is past time for innocent victim Karen Swift to receive justice.. jmo

The American public is a very valuable investigative resource to squander. We are in the communication era. The close to the vest silence strategy utilized in the Karen Swift investigation by Sheriff Box, combined with the perceived hypothesis, is the catalyst for cases that end up in the cold case files.. It is past time for innocent victim Karen Swift to receive justice.. jmo

So very true! - Also applies to another case I'm following and hope you don't mind my quoting what you said -
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...le-home-18-Feb-2015-3&p=12311674#post12311674

Why oh why do some cases just fall off the grid?

Karen deserves justice. So very sad that she was killed and noone is held responsible. RUMOR: According to a post on FB, her older son's do not believe that any family member was involved; and actually believe that someone tried to "frame" their father.

In some ways, I wish that some of the evidence was made public. Maybe fresh eyes could help solve this mystery.

:rose: Karen :rose:

Greetings to all as I am new to the threads concerning Karen Swift's murder investigation. I recall when her untimely death occurred and followed it closely at the time; however, my employment and life, in general, led me away. I joined WS in 2013 as the investigation into Travis Alexander's murder by Jodi Arias was beginning.

From memory, as I haven't read many of the posts yet, Karen attended the Halloween party at the Country Club dressed as Catwoman without her husband with whom she still shared a home along with their four children. IIRC, her husband was the last to see her alive. She arrived home after leaving the party at midnight. Allegedly, she left her home to go running at 5 or 6am. She was never seen alive again. Her body was found in December of that year in an abandoned cemetery. Oh, my. So very tragic.

Anyway, I have subscribed to the thread and hope to catch up with the rest of you in due time. I remain hopeful. I do know for a fact that when someone hires the Farese Law Firm, then they are serious about their protection from prosecution and/or their defense. (Personal knowledge, without a supporting link, So JMHO)

The supplied links are more for my resources. :thinking:

Wednesday, October 29th 2014; included with video chat with Karen's mother
"For the first time, investigators are pointing their fingers at her husband, David Swift, as the prime suspect in her case."
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...aren-swifts-husband-victims-mother-speaks-out

Preston speaks out as does Attorney Steve Farese
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/clip/...aren-swifts-husband-victims-mother-speaks-out

TimeLine
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/link/718667/timeline-karen-swifts-disappearance

Would someone kindly inform me where or which state that David Swift moved to after this murder? TIA

From my memory (old age ya know,lol) they have never stated what her injuries were.....and I have thought the same as you maybe strangled...I know Jeff Box personally and I have often wondered how they have kept this so quiet. To my knowledge, no accurate info has been released...you would think somebody would have leaked something...of course there is Topix but we all know how that works,lol.

By them keeping everything quiet says to me it will be easier in the long run when they arrest/find somebody for this horrific crime.

To the best of my recollection, the investigators claimed there were injuries obvious to the body. For a silent death, such as the one Linda G surmised, immediate, intense strangulation would definitely leave a visible mark even after 6 weeks in chilly weather. It would not surprise me to discover that during the strangulation, if there was one, that she was strangled so severely that she was lifted off her feet.
Guess I'll need to look into Topix after reading here :facepalm:

Karen, my heart is aching for your mother always, but especially today. I read a heart-breaking post by her mom stating that she has not seen Karen's two girls in 2 years now. She not only lost Karen, but also lost her grandchildren. :cry:

My guess is that she also has not had any contact with Karen's older boys. A guess ONLY! They have been vocal that they believe that their dad was framed. She is not friends with either of them on FB. They have been moving on with life, love, education... Such a sad, sad situation. I sincerely believe that the sheriff's office mishandled this investigation from the start or there would have been an arrest and definitive answers by now.

:furious: :cry: :furious: :cry:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/211760682229223/

For what it's worth :twocents: In cases I've followed, where spouse kills spouse, children rarely believe the surviving spouse did it.

For what it's worth :twocents: In cases I've followed, where spouse kills spouse, children rarely believe the surviving spouse did it.

I live in a town nearby where this horrible crime happened. I have always suspected the husband. There really is no other suspect especially with the investigators not clearing him as a suspect. My opinion is they don't have enough evidence to charge him. I hate it so bad for Karen's children and mother. If her husband truly has nothing to do with her murder then why isn't he cooperating with the investigators and why did he move out of town. To me this screams guilt - to keep the children away from their grandmother is also cruel. If he was a good person he would encourage them to be close to Karen's mother. All my opinion - something just doesn't sit right with me about his behavior.

:bump: for Karen...

It's that time of year again.

Will :justice: ever be served???

:confused:

The Farese Law Firm is not located in TN. DS hired that firm from MS b/c of their ability to ....hang a jury. The F, F, and FLF represented several defendants, mostly other attorneys of whom some went to prison anyway, from tort lawsuits that were filed after the tobacco and Fen Fen settlements some 20 years ago.

Don't recall...did the DA present evidence to a Grand Jury? If not, they should. GJs have a lower standard for probable cause indictments. Would love to see someone question DS and watch him Swiftly sweat.

The Farese Law Firm is not located in TN. DS hired that firm from MS b/c of their ability to ....hang a jury. The F, F, and FLF represented several defendants, mostly other attorneys of whom some went to prison anyway, from tort lawsuits that were filed after the tobacco and Fen Fen settlements some 20 years ago.

Don't recall...did the DA present evidence to a Grand Jury? If not, they should. GJs have a lower standard for probable cause indictments. Would love to see someone question DS and watch him Swiftly sweat.

<BBM for Focus>

Imo, Karen Swift's case was presented to the Grand Jury a couple of years ago, but failed to receive a true bill of indictment...

After over five years without answers, you would think that investigators would release more information to the public. The public is Law Enforcement's most valuable investigative resource, especially in the 21st century; 'the communication era'... 'You can't connect the dots if you don't collect the dots'.. "Five years is much too long without justice for Karen Swift, her family, and her loved ones"... jmo

Why oh why do some cases just fall off the grid?

Karen deserves justice. So very sad that she was killed and noone is held responsible. RUMOR: According to a post on FB, her older son's do not believe that any family member was involved; and actually believe that someone tried to "frame" their father.

In some ways, I wish that some of the evidence was made public. Maybe fresh eyes could help solve this mystery.

:rose: Karen :rose:

<BBM for focus>

cocomod, I've been researching missing/murdered person's cases for almost a decade now, with the goal of identifying common denominators of the cases that are solved as opposed to those that grow cold. The catalyst for this journey was due to witnessing a sadistic sexual predator serial killer and his 24 year old victim the day before he murdered and decapitated her. Law Enforcement was providing misinformation to MS Media that the victim; a hiker, was only lost on the AT at Blood Mountain, GA. LE knew that she had been abducted, knew who took her, and knew the vehicle that she was being held captive in. The common denominator that crops up again and again is that the cases that are solved are the ones where the most info is released to the American public; transparency by law enforcement...

The Mystery on Blood Mountain, Part 1
Hiker Meredith Emerson goes missing on Georgia's Blood Mountain on New Year's Day 2008. Law enforcement officers become concerned after finding a police baton with some of her possessions on a trail. Dateline NBC's Dennis Murphy reports.
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/55844223

Who took the life of Karen Swift when she was ready to start a new life??? Why, oh why, do we not have an arrest in this case?

:rose: Foxfire, you know the answer to this mystery now. You are missed here! Tell Karen that the WS community cares!!

For some reason, I have been thinking a lot about Karen this week.

I wonder why the local police department was never able to make an arrest in her case. So very sad! I still hope for justice for Karen one day. She didn't deserve to die. :(

I came to Karen's thread a few months ago. However, I could not post a comment since Foxfire was the last post on her thread. I donated to his favorite charity, SAR, when he passed from this Earthly home. Our last personal communication was in regards to the Denver shooter of which my car's windshield was a victim as we headed from Boulder towards Pike's Peak. The [John Elway's] dealership that repaired, by replacing, the windshield, did not mention one word about it being a series of such incidences so I didn't learn about the active shooter(s) until I arrived home after the CO vacation.

Karen was a beautiful young lady. It is my opinion that her husband would not allow her to have the happiness and freedom from his clinches that she sought.

'You can't connect the dots if you don't collect the dots' ~ Foxfire

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back