Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching back up.
I'm glad Lake brought up looking at jail records .... if nothing else it keeps our wheels spinning

IMO this family used the media and kept pushing to find her , to make things Happen , even after she was released.
So I'm thinking that LE has to be onto something or the family would be pushing for help in finding these awful people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you. I'm just wondering, if there is still a reward for the arrest of the perps, then why isn't that being publicized. I would think that the Papinis would want to bring them to justice so that they could go on with their lives without always watching their backs. This is something that puzzles me. Perhaps someone has some thoughts on this.

That's
precisely the reason some people are so incredulous of this part of the story, with many saying SP must be protecting the identity of the perps out of fear or whatever. Kidnappings by women are extremely rare - especially ones where the victims are tortured and kept hostage for weeks; add hispanic to the mix and it becomes even more problematic.

I'm truly not surprised you couldn't find anything to mirror this case. It's pretty unique.

The uniqueness of the description is what makes me believe even more that Sherri is telling the truth. If she was going to make something up, why not make a more generic description? When I search "kidnapping Redding, CA" I come up with lots of examples--almost all by male perps. Some were committed by couples or women as accomplices but very few by 2 women. In the cases I linked above that WERE by women, however, they mostly have some connection to the people they kidnapped/attacked. This makes me think there could be a personal connection or they were hired by a man that we have not heard about yet. JMO.

The media used her case to keep it going for their ratings. Jmo. Because most families barely can get access to local reporters. Let alone Good Morning America and every major news channel and websites to advertise their missing loved one cases.

Jmo. The media decides if they will give your case national attention or none at all.

Jmo. But the family still did good in keeping it out there.

I agree , they did do good !
My point (a lousy one at that , blame the sinus meds ) is they could still have that media attention and beg for help , tips etc.
therefore I think the police have something big and the family doesn't need the publics help or she is pulling an AH
If that's the case I hope counselors can help get her to place she can share the real details
And my first thought is the one I lean to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you. I'm just wondering, if there is still a reward for the arrest of the perps, then why isn't that being publicized. I would think that the Papinis would want to bring them to justice so that they could go on with their lives without always watching their backs. This is something that puzzles me. Perhaps someone has some thoughts on this.

I wouldn't be saying anything about the suspects if I were in the P family. I bet she was warned that if she told anyone what happened, they would come after her and her family. It is better for the P's to lie low, and not publicly discuss their anger towards the perps and call for vengeance. That could seriously backfire.

JMO

CG's involvement
does NOT necessarily mean KP is involved. For me, though, there are FAR too many "coincidences" and hinky things about this guy.

As for LJ (is that the friend's initials?), who knows how well or how long she really knew the family. She watched their kids; that doesn't mean they were bosom buddies all their lives. Hell; for all we knew, she inserted herself into the P's lives as a babysitter to get close to them. Odder things have happened. People backstab, doublecross, and pull confidence scams (and worse) on acquaintances all the time.

Why don't we ask Lake16 about how long LJ has known the Papini's? That may help.

The uniqueness of the description is what makes me believe even more that Sherri is telling the truth. If she was going to make something up, why not make a more generic description? When I search "kidnapping Redding, CA" I come up with lots of examples--almost all by male perps. Some were committed by couples or women as accomplices but very few by 2 women. In the cases I linked above that WERE by women, however, they mostly have some connection to the people they kidnapped/attacked. This makes me think there could be a personal connection or they were hired by a man that we have not heard about yet. JMO.

From a statistical point of view regarding the type of people who commit certain crimes, however, it's unlikely (not impossible, just unlikely).
I'm not taking a side either way. Just explaining why people are skeptical.

I wouldn't be saying anything about the suspects if I were in the P family. I bet she was warned that if she told anyone what happened, they would come after her and her family. It is better for the P's to lie low, and not publicly discuss their anger towards the perps and call for vengeance. That could seriously backfire.

JMO

So
once again, are we back to the belief that SP will not testify? Because if she is too afraid to identify them now, what's going to change with regard to her safety when this goes to trial?

If it's a ST case the FBI bulletin to LE states:

Traffickers represent every social, ethnic, and racial group. Various organizational types exist in trafficking. Some perpetrators are involved with local street and motorcycle gangs, others are members of larger nationwide gangs and criminal organizations, and some have no affiliation with any one group or organization. Traffickers are not only men—women run many established rings.

I think the street and motorcycle gang aspect should be explored as well.

I agree with you...if she was going to make up a perp....saying a white male with a hoodie, a Hispanic male with a limp...some story like that would be more likely if Sherri was lying (which I believe she is not)

This thread moves so fast there's no way I can keep up. I'm probably better off just googling news reports. :(

Where is the tipline phone number?
Wasn't easy, but finally found this:
Shasta County Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Unit 530-245-6135 or Nor-Cal Alliance For The Missing anonymous tipline at 530-378-4491.
(Hope you have a tip!)

So
once again, are we back to the belief that SP will not testify? Because if she is too afraid to identify them now, what's going to change with regard to her safety when this goes to trial?

If they go to trial, that will mean they are in custody. Much different from the current situation. They could be anywhere right now, including lurking outside her parents home or her sister's home...etc etc...Or even in the shadows outside the 'secret' location. I am sure they are both scared to death whenever they hear a noise outside or a creaking floor board.

So

Do we know what the maximum prison sentence for kidnapping an adult is? Didn't someone say 8 years a few threads back?

If she were lying out of fear I could see this being the reason. If they threatened to kill her or her family for snitching- putting them in prison for 8 years won't protect them.

I hope that's not the case, but if it is I understand the logic behind it.

Do we know what the maximum prison sentence for kidnapping an adult is? Didn't someone say 8 years a few threads back?

If she were lying out of fear I could see this being the reason. If they threatened to kill her or her family for snitching- putting them in prison for 8 years won't protect them.

I hope that's not the case, but if it is I understand the logic behind it.

I think I heard 8 years. Does CA have an aggravated enhancement since a gun was used?

Also there would be charges related to each beating Sherri can recall
Also for branding
Starvation perhaps

I think they will be in for lengthy sentences

Did the perps take SP house and car keys.

Has the locks been changed on the house and cars?

Why don't we ask Lake16 about how long LJ has known the Papini's? That may help.

In a previous post our VI reports the J's are a kind and trustworthy family
Not sure it was stated how long aquatinted with Papinis

I watched this case bubble to the top consistently every day I logged in, but I never participated.

I then saw a 40 minute tv show and was perplexed at the end of it. That was a week or so ago.

Yet still this thread bubbles to the top of its forum. Hmmm, whats happening here?

Nothing, as far as I can see, has happened here since a week ago. But I still log in and hope there is some new information.

My money has always been on personal/knows her or knows of her

Did the perps take SP house and car keys.

Has the locks been changed on the house and cars?

I know they didn't take her car, not sure about house keys

Edited to add, I don't know for sure, they probably had 2 sets of car keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members