Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't live in the US any longer, but in just about any decent sized European city, it's impossible to drive to the store for milk without being recorded by multiple security cameras. There is no way two people were able to abduct her by car, drive out of Redding, and not be detected by some security system somewhere. Same for when they released her. There has to be a record of something, somewhere.

(BBM) If she were abducted from Redding proper--dense population of roughly 90,000--then perhaps a security system would have picked something up. But she was abducted from Mountain Gate which, like Yolo, is small and rural.

Also, Lake16 commented on a previous thread that there's other routes out of the Papini neighborhood that may have been taken to avoid cameras. IIRC, photos also showed that the neighborhood had homes on acreage spaced pretty far apart and back off the road.

Really, it's not all that surprising nothing has been found (yet) on camera IMO. Perhaps this was intentional.

The Yolo Census Designated Place had a population of 476 as of July 1, 2016.

http://california.hometownlocator.com/ca/yolo/yolo.cfm

The Mountain Gate Census Designated Place had a population of 894 as of July 1, 2016.

http://california.hometownlocator.com/ca/shasta/mountain-gate.cfm

YOLO COUNTY — The steady hum of Interstate 5, a quiet church and a few scattered homes among empty fields. This is where investigators say a nightmare that dragged on for three weeks ended, when a passing driver found Sherri Papini alive. Dispatch audio of the Yolo County Sheriff’s Department reveals the young mother was found battered and chained to something along Northbound I-5 near County Road 17 in Yolo County.

http://fox40.com/2016/11/28/investi...-sherri-papini-four-days-after-she-was-found/

Did the perps take SP house and car keys.

Has the locks been changed on the house and cars?

I am being too lazy to watch 20/20 for the 8th time, does anyone know if the mailboxes had locks?

Do we know what the maximum prison sentence for kidnapping an adult is? Didn't someone say 8 years a few threads back?

If she were lying out of fear I could see this being the reason. If they threatened to kill her or her family for snitching- putting them in prison for 8 years won't protect them.

I hope that's not the case, but if it is I understand the logic behind it.
Yes, I saw eight years mentioned. However, I think it would be more than that for several reasons. This is not a simple kidnapping.

It might be an aggravated kidnapping. Aggravated Kidnapping involves kidnapping that takes place during the commission of another crime - i.e. if the intent was to take the victim and then to rape or otherwise abuse her.
There would also be other charges added to this case, imo. Assault, battery, false imprisonment, and we don't know yet if rape was a factor. Because she was battered on more than one occasion, it is possible that the DA would add these charges individually, i.e. 22 counts of battery, one for each day. The charges could add up and, therefore the years could as well.

Unless, perhaps it means the person who dropped her off isn't all THAT familiar with the area. I live near Sacramento and went to college in Davis. I have been known to aimlessly drive on those county roads just for the heck of it. No reason, I just find it relaxing. From that point of view, I can think of very, very few businesses or properties out there. In my mind it's pretty much a bunch of farm roads that all eventually end up at I5, or a major street that will take you to I5.

Then I look on Google maps especially aerial views and think "What? All that stuff is out there?" Someone who lives there or travels there a lot probably knows this, but in my mind that whole stretch is pretty deserted except for farms. If you're lucky and have to pee you might find an exit with a gas station. So thinking of it as someone who is generally just driving through there I can see not even really knowing what's nearby or how close anything is. As long as it's not an exit with a gas station there's not much obviously around, so maybe that's all the person was looking for in a "safe" drop off spot. And from SPs perspective I can imagine I5 being the only major thing that stood out as a place to look for help when the church didn't work out.

I'm thinking they knew the area pretty well or had scoped it out well in advance, and the goal was to release her alive, on Thanksgiving Day, all along. I think they released her on the dead end, side hwy, that runs along I-5, and also exits onto 17. I don't think folks would see well from I-5. Even if they did see a vehicle, who'd be able to describe it?
Looking at 97F, where I think they dropped SP off, (the star), from I-5.
attachment.php

Overhead. I think she walked from the star, to the church, and to the first freeway light.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Papini_Dropoff.jpg
    Papini_Dropoff.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 316
  • Papini Overhead.jpg
    Papini Overhead.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 325
So
once again, are we back to the belief that SP will not testify? Because if she is too afraid to identify them now, what's going to change with regard to her safety when this goes to trial?

It can't go to trial until perps are arrested. IF/when the perps are arrested, SP may feel much safer knowing they are behind bars. I know I would not be making angry statements or letting my family make strong statements about the perps until they were caught. Until I knew they could not come back and hurt anyone else I loved I would stay in hiding. JMO.

If this is your theory, do you think the case will be solved because the perps know/know of SP?

I have a couple of theories, but I am not willing to marry them yet :)

In a previous post our VI reports the J's are a kind and trustworthy family
Not sure it was stated how long aquatinted with Papinis

I do remember Lake saying that. I'm just wondering how long they've known them, since LJ introduced them to CG. I don't think that either of them have anything to do with SP's abduction, but some posters do. I wonder if Lake is able to shine some more light on that subject.

It can't go to trial until perps are arrested. IF/when the perps are arrested, SP may feel much safer knowing they are behind bars. I know I would not be making angry statements or letting my family make strong statements about the perps until they were caught. Until I knew they could not come back and hurt anyone else I loved I would stay in hiding. JMO.

I do agree with this. I think they're terrified the suspects may come back and retaliate against them, if they're not careful. I think KP's emotions are conflicted because they gave him his wife back. It could've easily not ended that way. I think he's struggling with feelings of relief and anger against the suspects. Having his wife back is still his number one focus. JMO

I have a couple of theories, but I am not willing to marry them yet :)

How much longer do you have to know them to commit? You know what they say, " you never know someone until you marry them.":laughing:

If the two perps have a criminal history and tendencies, how could they resist trying for the 100,000 dollar reward?

How much longer do you have to know them to commit? You know what they say, " you never know someone until you marry them.":laughing:

Haha, well I need more time, feet are cold. I do think it was targeted and the "brand" was a message that was meant to be a warning...

Or not....

If they go to trial, that will mean they are in custody. Much different from the current situation. They could be anywhere right now, including lurking outside her parents home or her sister's home...etc etc...Or even in the shadows outside the 'secret' location. I am sure they are both scared to death whenever they hear a noise outside or a creaking floor board.

Not necessarily. There's always the possibility of bail. Even in the unlikely event no bail is granted, what's to stop other members of their gang from taking revenge?

I'm thinking they knew the area pretty well or had scoped it out well in advance, and the goal was to release her alive, on Thanksgiving Day, all along. I think they released her on the dead end, side hwy, that runs along I-5, and also exits onto 17. I don't think folks would see well from I-5. Even if they did see a vehicle, who'd be able to describe it?
Looking at 97F, where I think they dropped SP off, (the star), from I-5.
attachment.php

Overhead. I think she walked from the star, to the church, and to the first freeway light.
attachment.php
On Street View at the location of your star, I-5 is just a few feet away.
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.742...m4!1sBrYpsjmEBh0yeJC5yNIHtQ!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dead End CR 97F.jpg
    Dead End CR 97F.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 381
In a previous post our VI reports the J's are a kind and trustworthy family
Not sure it was stated how long aquatinted with Papinis

No
offense, but if we listened to everybody who ever said "but he/she was such a nice boy/girl", the police would never investigate anyone for ANY crime.

Not saying she's involved; but I'm NEVER convinced by "she's a wonderful person" type stories. Everybody is wonderful to someone, and yet we have kidnappings, rapes, murders, child molestations, etc. etc. every day in the papers.

Haha, well I need more time, feet are cold. I do think it was targeted and the "brand" was a message that was meant to be a warning...

Or not....

Perhaps you need some fuzzy slippers.

On a different note, this is me right now.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics