Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
My money has always been on personal/knows her or knows of her

I
agree 100%. I, too, think this is someone who knows her; maybe well, maybe just in passing...but I'm willing to bet this person comes from the same town and had plenty of opportunities to watch her and see what her routine is.

No
offense, but if we listened to everybody who ever said "but he/she was such a nice boy/girl", the police would never investigate anyone for ANY crime.

Not saying she's involved; but I'm NEVER convinced by "she's a wonderful person" type stories. Everybody is wonderful to someone, and yet we have kidnappings, rapes, murders, child molestations, etc. etc. every day in the papers.

I agree. Just relaying what VI stated

I
agree 100%. I, too, think this is someone who knows her; maybe well, maybe just in passing...but I'm willing to bet this person comes from the same town and had plenty of opportunities to watch her and see what her routine is.

KP did say she ran the same route every day

Why not take the keys while jogging?

There was discussion of that in thread #1. Summary: Many people don't take their keys jogging--Some have a hide-a-key or have a key pad with combination lock or enter through their garage. Some found this very suspicious and still thought she had maybe a single house key in a running belt and left the rest of her keys at home and somehow her husband didn't know the difference/that the house key was missing. This is a summary of what people posted. The report was, she left her keys at home. No follow up on that since she has been found, as far as I know. I would change my locks regardless. I also probably wouldn't want to live there again though. :scared:

I agree with you. I'm just wondering, if there is still a reward for the arrest of the perps, then why isn't that being publicized. I would think that the Papinis would want to bring them to justice so that they could go on with their lives without always watching their backs. This is something that puzzles me. Perhaps someone has some thoughts on this.

There is a $10,000 reward on the Shasta County Secret Witness site. The family members put up money for info leading to Sherri's safe release. She's released. How big of a check would you write if you were a relative out of your checking account for a conviction? Just asking.

There is a lot of fog in the area. I think it's possible she could hear I-5, but most likely due to the fog, she could see the glow from the highway lights reflecting off of the fog. Probably very dark down one way, and lighter towards highway. I used to live in Sacramento area, and remember how the fog really reflected lighting. Just a thought I had. JMO

If the two perps have a criminal history and tendencies, how could they resist trying for the 100,000 dollar reward?

Maybe they made more money keeping her for 22 days? Or maybe they DID collect the ransom? I saw the theory somewhere that one perp picked up the money while they other one dropped her off as soon as they got a text saying the money was secure. :dunno:

I've been a lurker, but I have a thought. Should we also be looking out for any news stories of murders of Hispanic women in the time since Sherri returned? I wonder if maybe the woman that released her will be punished or killed.

Also, hello.
I think that is an excellent idea and not out of the realm of possibility. And perhaps it could be the other abductor instead. We just don't know.

I

Ok, so assuming this is the case, IMO SP would have had to do something horrible to them for the perps to abduct her and torture her for three weeks. While I can see why you think they knew her, I don't see SP as being someone who would make these perps so mad that they'd do that to her. She wasn't involved in LE or any other objectionable dealings that we know of. She wasn't a high profile person. She was a typical stay at home mom. I think she was taken for ST and released because she turned out to be useless due to all of the media attention her disappearance garnered. Besides, the VI seems to think this crime points to ST if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe they made more money keeping her for 22 days? Or maybe they DID collect the ransom? I saw the theory somewhere that one perp picked up the money while they other one dropped her off as soon as they got a text saying the money was secure. :dunno:

VERY interesting. I hadn't thought of that. I don't see how it's possible that they wouldn't get caught. How does the money change hands?

On the police report about "a man holding a woman hostage in a storage container":
One has to question what use someone saying that to their friend that reported it is IF they did not also know the location of the storage container.

So many psychics had "visions" about what happened and reported them I'm inclined to believe it was a psychic vision that someone mentioned to their friend that believes in their psychic powers and then reported it to the police. If there had been actionable evidence, i.e. location and the witnesses name released the police would of been all over it.

There is a $10,000 reward on the Shasta County Secret Witness site. The family members put up money for info leading to Sherri's safe release. She's released. How big of a check would you write if you were a relative out of your checking account for a conviction? Just asking.

I think you may have misunderstood. I wasn't questioning the amount of the reward. I was asking why the reward is not being publicized.

Ok, so assuming this is the case, IMO SP would have had to do something horrible to them for the perps to abduct her and torture her for three weeks. While I can see why you think they knew her, I don't see SP as being someone who would make these perps so mad that they'd do that to her. She wasn't involved in LE or any other objectionable dealings that we know of. She wasn't a high profile person. She was a typical stay at home mom. I think she was taken for ST and released because she turned out to be useless due to all of the media attention her disappearance garnered. Besides, the VI seems to think this crime points to ST if I'm not mistaken.

Add to this that LE starts with: the spouse, family, associates, co workers.
They investigate to see if there are people who have debts, grudges, hate for the victim or their family. IMO such a person would have already become known if this was the case here. To me this leads away from the this being personal/revenge.

I think you may have misunderstood. I wasn't questioning the amount of the reward. I was asking why the reward is not being publicized.

The Secret Witness Program usually is reported on in the Redding Record Searchlight. I will ask family members to share the phone number on social media, but unless the MSM feels like reporting it I'm not sure what else the family can do.

This remains a huge mystery. I feel like I have to "check out" - SP is home. I will devote my
time to other missing people. :fence:

I fear that if the perps did get $100,000, they are long gone now.

VERY interesting. I hadn't thought of that. I don't see how it's possible that they wouldn't get caught. How does the money change hands?

They may not have gotten caught if LE was not involved in the money changing hands. CG said no money changed hands but he also said he would not work with LE. I would be surprised, however, if LE did not investigate the heck out of CG to make sure no ransom was actually paid. And if a ransom WAS paid and LE knows, I doubt very much LE would want the public to know that. The last thing they want is to encourage kidnappings for ransom. At the very first PC after her release the sheriff was asked by reporters if the ransom had anything to do with her release and he said "no" almost before the reporter finished the question. It's possible his answer would have been "no" regardless of the truth...JMO...I don't know if money was paid but I'm not going to place any bets that it wasn't...

A Hate Crime is a Hate Crime. Nothing is personal with a Hate Crime. Jmo

I do remember Lake saying that. I'm just wondering how long they've known them, since LJ introduced them to CG. I don't think that either of them have anything to do with SP's abduction, but some posters do. I wonder if Lake is able to shine some more light on that subject.

They've known the J's for at least 8 years that I know of, probably considerably longer.

They may not have gotten caught if LE was not involved in the money changing hands. CG said no money changed hands but he also said he would not work with LE. I would be surprised, however, if LE did not investigate the heck out of CG to make sure no ransom was actually paid. And if a ransom WAS paid and LE knows, I doubt very much LE would want the public to know that. The last thing they want is to encourage kidnappings for ransom. At the very first PC after her release the sheriff was asked by reporters if the ransom had anything to do with her release and he said "no" almost before the reporter finished the question. It's possible his answer would have been "no" regardless of the truth...JMO...I don't know if money was paid but I'm not going to place any bets that it wasn't...

Didnt he say that his phone didn't have Call Waiting. So was he vetting calls from a landline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth