Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Anyone know any information on Amy Snow the girl that went missing 3 days after Sherri was found? She went missing not that far from Redding.

Or'
what if he made up the "anonymous donor" and his money? What if he hired some women to kidnap SP so that he could play the hero? What if he has one of those hostage simulation environments (storage containers) outfitted somewhere north, say about 150 miles away?

What if SP is so terrified to say anything to him b/c he owns guns and has all of that military training (not to mention lives in the same town as her children and family)?

It's as valid a theory as any put forth so far. Perhaps more so, since the man has the motive, the means and the opportunity. Plus naked ambition.

Perhaps SP was not held in a storage container. Did KP or LE ever say she was?
If he was playing the hero wouldn't he claim that a ransom he negotiated had been paid?
Why would SP withhold naming him if she knew? Hard for him to harm her from behind bars.

Having lived in this area quite a while, CG is not the only one with guns; I'm sure there would be a pretty serious group of family and friends protecting SP while waiting for CG to be picked up if that was the case.

Right, I took the first screenshot from I-5. However, if they could see a car, flying by at 70 mph, they'd not be able to describe it, get a plate, or know what the people were doing. I'd not think anything of a car on the side road. If I did, I'd probably just think it was turning around or something non-suspicious like that. Edit: That road goes a bit further back, toward a home. I just put the star there to denote a small circular area where I thought they may have turned around.
On Street View at the location of your star, I-5 is just a few feet away.
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.742...m4!1sBrYpsjmEBh0yeJC5yNIHtQ!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

attachment.php

Or'
what if he made up the "anonymous donor" and his money? What if he hired some women to kidnap SP so that he could play the hero? What if he has one of those hostage simulation environments (storage containers) outfitted somewhere north, say about 150 miles away?

What if SP is so terrified to say anything to police about him b/c he owns guns and has all of that military training (not to mention lives in the same town as her children and family)? What if he did, in fact, threaten her into silence, making her move out of town to get away from him?

It's as valid a theory as any put forth so far. Perhaps more so, since the man has the motive, the means and the opportunity. Plus naked ambition.

But he's not a hero because he stated that no money exchanged hands. I'd think that if he wanted to be a hero, he'd take credit by saying that a ransom was paid despite LE urging him not to. We already know that he doesn't care what LE says or advises.

I hope LE has a lot more than we do. We are running in circles. I really want to help get whoever did this, but I don't think we're bringing anything to the table, that LE hasn't already investigated. BOO... I'm going to go pout now. Hoping Sherri gets her justice sooner than later.

Or'

What if SP is so terrified to say anything to him b/c he owns guns and has all of that military training (not to mention lives in the same town as her children and family)?

If he set it all up so he could play hero, he failed. He can't even claim he negotiated a ransom. I don't buy that CG was involved because he did not get anything out of the kidnapping and torturing of SP. He barely got 15 minutes of fame and he was not paid for the 20/20 interview. Someone paid him $1 retainer--I guess to make it official?-- and he donated the money to St Jude's. What did he get? It's not like people are lining up to have him employ the same technique. He was asked to help with Stacey Smart's case and he consulted on it but has not announced any plan--likely SS family cannot pay anything either, JMO. And he said the reverse ransom wasn't even his idea--it was KP's idea.

If he was playing the hero wouldn't he claim that a ransom he negotiated had been paid?
Why would SP withhold naming him if she knew? Hard for him to harm her from behind bars.

Having lived in this area quite a while, CG is not the only one with guns; I'm sure there would be a pretty serious group of family and friends protecting SP while waiting for CG to be picked up if that was the case.

Well,itdoesn't
have to be a storage container. He does, however, have experience creating hostage environments. That much we know.

With regard to the ransom, he's not going to claim something that LE are going to start demanding proof of. All it would take is to subpoena banks (In my last position we used to subpoena banks to try to find account information or activity (wire transfers, withdrawals, deposits, etc.); you use one form and all area banks are subpoenaed). Very easy to do. And it actually doesn't even take that long to get back the requested info. Now, how do you think it would look if he claimed to have paid a ransom but there was absolutely NO evidence of such an amount being withdrawn or wired?

"CG is not the only one with guns; I'm sure there would be a pretty serious group of family and friends protecting SP while waiting for CG to be picked up if that was the case."

Good to know. That takes away the claim some are using that she is covering up for her attackers by saying they are latinas (I don't believe she's lying about that myself), or when some have said that KP wouldn't speak out in anger against them for kidnapping and beating his wife, I'm sure he wouldn't have fear about that.

Now that we know people around them are armed, there's nothing to fear, and for that I'm truly glad.

On the police report about "a man holding a woman hostage in a storage container":
One has to question what use someone saying that to their friend that reported it is IF they did not also know the location of the storage container.

So many psychics had "visions" about what happened and reported them I'm inclined to believe it was a psychic vision that someone mentioned to their friend that believes in their psychic powers and then reported it to the police. If there had been actionable evidence, i.e. location and the witnesses name released the police would of been all over it.

In that report, the caller said he was a family friend and received information from someone who didn't want to speak w/ LEO. I just don't know if the location listed was the family friend's location or the location of the storage container.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-12-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Bottom of page 1 to page 2

But he's not a hero because he stated that no money exchanged hands. I'd think that if he wanted to be a hero, he'd take credit by saying that a ransom was paid despite LE urging him not to. We already know that he doesn't care what LE says or advises.

I think he wanted to find Sherri and that's about all he wanted. JMO Okay this time I really am going to pout.

Yes, a dangerous loose cannon. At the very least, a "nuisance", as I believe LE called him.

Remember; he IS trying to play hero b/c he's claiming that SP was released b/c of him (regardless of whether ransom was paid).

Lol. Lake

RobTeyes was just kidding around with the What If scenarios.

At least I think.

Lol

I'm so tempted to go drive over there (I5/County Road) at night to go see what it looks like at that specific spot in the dark. Maybe not 4 something AM, but when it's dark. We're supposed to get some major storms this week so it might have to be after those pass, but does anyone think it'd be useful? I'm so curious now what it looks like.

Good point made about the fog too. I can't remember now if it would have been foggy that night and early morning. I think it would have been mentioned if so, especially if it was that impossibly thick fog, but maybe not?

Right, I took the first screenshot from I-5. However, if they could see a car, flying by at 70 mph, they'd not be able to describe it, get a plate, or know what the people were doing. I'd not think anything of a car on the side road. If I did, I'd probably just think it was turning around or something non-suspicious like that. Edit: That road goes a bit further back, toward a home. I just put the star there to denote a small circular area where I thought they may have turned around.
Sure. I get that. And far be it from me to say what a person would/wouldn't should/shouldn't do. But it just seems to me that if she were dropped at that location, she might just as well cross over that low fence to I-5 and flag down someone for help right away.. IDK.

I think he wanted to find Sherri and that's about all he wanted. JMO Okay this time I really am going to pout.

Whydoesn't
he seem as eager to want to find Stacey Smart? Not one video or comment on his Project Taken website about that woman.

"Someone paid him $1 retainer--I guess to make it official?-- and he donated the money to St Jude's."

Yet another bizarre claim, IMO. Easy enough for LE to check that claim out, though. Hope all his ducks are in a row, that's all I'm saying.

The hinky meter is on high.

I believe he truly wanted to find SP but he also didn't mind the potential fame. I'm sure he didn't envision all of the negative publicity he provoked.

Well,itdoesn't
have to be a storage container. He does, however, have experience creating hostage environments. That much we know.

With regard to the ransom, he's not going to claim something that LE are going to start demanding proof of. All it would take is to subpoena banks (In my last position we used to subpoena banks to try to find account information or activity (wire transfers, withdrawals, deposits, etc.); you use one form and all area banks are subpoenaed). Very easy to do. And it actually doesn't even take that long to get back the requested info. Now, how do you think it would look if he claimed to have paid a ransom but there was absolutely NO evidence of such an amount being withdrawn or wired?

"CG is not the only one with guns; I'm sure there would be a pretty serious group of family and friends protecting SP while waiting for CG to be picked up if that was the case."

Good to know. That takes away the claim some are using that she is covering up for her attackers by saying they are latinas, or that that his why KP wouldn't speak out in anger against them for kidnapping and beating his wife. Now that we know people around them are armed, there's nothing to fear.

Given that CG would have to KNOW before hand that he could not claim a ransom was paid without an investigation, what are you claiming he hoped to gain from kidnapping and torturing SP? He would not get to play the hero and he did not have any money yet he somehow convinced LJ there was an anonymous donor in order to convince KP to not only go along with this plan but to also SUGGEST a reverse ransom? And what do you think CG was planning if LJ had not vouched for him or KP said, "no way, I'm only trusting LE"? Sorry, but this theory makes no sense to me. There was no motive for CG to kidnap and torture SP. And SP WAS ACTUALLY kidnapped and HEAVILY BATTERED.

"Someone paid him $1 retainer--I guess to make it official?-- and he donated the money to St Jude's."

Yet another bizarre claim, IMO. Easy enough for LE to check that claim out, though. Hope all his ducks are in a row, that's all I'm saying.

The hinky meter is on high.

The fact that the claim is easy to check makes it likely to be true, IMO.

Given that CG would have to KNOW before hand that he could not claim a ransom was paid without an investigation, what are you claiming he hoped to gain from kidnapping and torturing SP? He would not get to play the hero and he did not have any money yet he somehow convinced LJ there was an anonymous donor in order to convince KP to not only go along with this plan but to also SUGGEST a reverse ransom? And what do you think CG was planning if LJ had not vouched for him or KP said, "no way, I'm only trusting LE"? Sorry, but this theory makes no sense to me. There was no motive for CG to kidnap and torture SP. And SP WAS ACTUALLY kidnapped and HEAVILY BATTERED.

Fame. The excitement of pretending to be a hostage negotiator; one so "wonderful and effective" that it brings in tons of future business prospects.

Sorry, but IMO this angle makes a hell of a lot more sense than sex trafficking. Or two women who kidnap 30-something year old suburbanites, hold them for three weeks, beat them, and then let them go with no discernible motive.

Is it possible that the Papini family paid CG under the table for his assistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow