Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that the claim is easy to check makes it likely to be true, IMO.

Really?
So you believe all of his claims about having trained Navy Seals and DoD personnel, and all of the other claims on his website, after having nothing but 3 years of military service in which he refueled planes?

The status of his business as a 501c3 charity was also easily debunked. Why do you think he lied about THAT, seeing as how easy it was to check into?

Fame. The excitement of pretending to be a hostage negotiator; one so "wonderful and effective" that it brings in tons of future business prospects.

Sorry, but IMO this angle makes a hell of a lot more sense than sex trafficking. Or two women who kidnap 30-something year old suburbanites, hold them for three weeks, beat them, and then let them go with no discernible motive.

Then why have two women abduct SP and risk more people involved who know about the crime?

What a horrifying experience. Heavily battered. My heart is crushed for this woman. If you have ever been heavily battered you know it is a horrible experience.

Sent from my LGLS675 using T
she must have been truly terrorized. probably never knew from minute to minute if she was going to live or die

It can't go to trial until perps are arrested. IF/when the perps are arrested, SP may feel much safer knowing they are behind bars. I know I would not be making angry statements or letting my family make strong statements about the perps until they were caught. Until I knew they could not come back and hurt anyone else I loved I would stay in hiding. JMO.

Thank You. That's what I tried to say upthread. But you explained it much better.

Sure. I get that. And far be it from me to say what a person would/wouldn't should/shouldn't do. But it just seems to me that if she were dropped at that location, she might just as well cross over that low fence to I-5 and flag down someone for help right away.. IDK.

That fence is not going to be that easy to climb, however, by that reasoning, if she were dropped on I-5, why not just stand there til the next car comes along, instead of walking 1 1/4 miles to the opposite side of the interstate? I think they dropped her there b/c she was less likely to get hit by a car. They wanted her left alive. If they'd dropped her on I-5 w/a bag over her head, there's a good shot she could've staggered into traffic before she got oriented, and someone could make their vehicle too.

Who knows? But criminals work with accomplices all of the time. That doesn't mean he can't be behind it.)

Many on WS aren't even sure about whether the latinas really exist, feeling that SP is afraid to reveal the true identify.

Why hasn't he explained where he was during SP's kidnapping ordeal? He admits he was out of town while she was missing. So where was he?

Who knows? But criminals work with accomplices all of the time. That doesn't mean he can't be behind it.)

Many on WS aren't even sure about whether the latinas really exist, feeling that SP is afraid to reveal the true identify.

Why hasn't he explained where he was during SP's kidnapping ordeal? He admits he was out of town while she was missing. So where was he?

Well, I really don't believe he was anywhere near SP. Why does it matter where he was?

Fame. The excitement of pretending to be a hostage negotiator; one so "wonderful and effective" that it brings in tons of future business prospects.

Sorry, but IMO this angle makes a hell of a lot more sense than sex trafficking. Or two women who kidnap 30-something year old suburbanites, hold them for three weeks, beat them, and then let them go with no discernible motive.

Do you think the other hostage situations he claimed to negotiate in the past were faked or made up stories? And if your answer is yes, why not just keep making up stories to draw people in? If the answer is no, then he had no reason to try to "boost" business with a risky scheme--and a reverse ransom scenario never tried before-- where a REAL woman was terrorized. The "fame" he got is hardly admirable fame--I have not seen any experts arguing for this new model. No one is lauding him. Except, perhaps the Papinis who had KP admit it did not hurt and brought media attention--the ones you claim should be terrified of him if this was his plan are thankful he kept SP's name in the headlines. Did he do this just so he could have a private chuckle at their expense? Because he can't even claim to anyone else to have pulled the wool over their eyes if he did this. :scared:

That fence is not going to be that easy to climb, however, by that reasoning, if she were dropped on I-5, why not just stand there til the next car comes along, instead of walking 1 1/4 miles to the opposite side of the interstate? I think they dropped her there b/c she was less likely to get hit by a car. They wanted her left alive. If they'd dropped her on I-5 w/a bag over her head, there's a good shot she could've staggered into traffic before she got oriented, and someone could make their vehicle too.
Well, I'm just going to go with the info Lake16 gave us, which was, "My understanding is that she was dropped off on 17 not far from some dark houses a bit west of the drilling company which I speculate is what she thought was a wrecking yard in the dark and in her disoriented state.."
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-2-November-2016-20&p=12999203#post12999203

Really?
So you believe all of his claims about having trained Navy Seals and DoD personnel, and all of the other claims on his website, after having nothing but 3 years of military service in which he refueled planes?

The status of his business as a 501c3 charity was also easily debunked. Why do you think he lied about THAT, seeing as how easy it was to check into?

You are the one who just made the claim the it was easy to check if CG had donated $1 to St. Jude's. I was agreeing with your assertion that it is easy to check. I'm not going to argue that he is some paragon of virtue but lying about a charitable status is a FAR cry from kidnapping and torturing a woman for 22 days. JMO.

There seems to be alot of naysayers on this forum. I am leaning toward the man in the article today who mentioned she may have been taken by a serial killer and tortured and adding my own thinking, is she may have said or did something that made him release her. This has happened in a few cases, very few, but has happened. If she promised to not give his identity and he threatened her family and children if she does, she may be making up the 2 Hispanic women.

Would you blame her? The after effects of horror and shock. The fear.

I feel strongly that is a distinct possibility. Thanks for the info on "Lima Syndrome".

I got pilloried for suggesting that one of the captors might have had an ounce of humanity and orchestrated SP's release, but here we are again. I feel that Lake can't say exactly what happened, obviously, but what would anyone's first question to SP be, if you knew her? "How did you get away?" With that in mind, I tried to build a theory around it because I think whoever released her will be the key to bringing the perps to justice. So here goes:

Two women abducted SP for the purposes of ST. The elder is a veteran of all kinds of evil crime and inhumanity. The younger is a victim of ST herself, and habitually does what she is told after being brutalized and abused for months or even years. The elder is a sadist and beats and abuses SP because she realizes that SP is useless to her criminal ends and selling her is a dead end. The younger sees an opportunity to free both herself and SP, and grabs it when the elder is away, asleep, or otherwise incapacitated. She dumps SP in Yolo, and makes a run for it herself.

Some might say they always wore masks because the plan all along was to set her free. Why? To what end? I think they wore masks because they were cautious, or they were told to, or experience had taught the elder that sometimes victims escaped or were rescued after being sold.

IOW, pay attention to what Lake is saying, or what she can't say. Why one? I'm pretty sure it's significant.

You must have watched that movie Ransom with Mel Gibson.

And you think CG is similar to the role that Gary Sinise ( Csi Ny and Forest Gump) played where he was the insider cop plus the bad guy at the same time.

Lol.

But you are right. Anything is possible for now.

Whydoesn't
he seem as eager to want to find Stacey Smart? Not one video or comment on his Project Taken website about that woman.

If he wanted to be the hero and help boost his business, why isn't he helping Stacey Smart?

I'm so tempted to go drive over there (I5/County Road) at night to go see what it looks like at that specific spot in the dark. Maybe not 4 something AM, but when it's dark. We're supposed to get some major storms this week so it might have to be after those pass, but does anyone think it'd be useful? I'm so curious now what it looks like.

Good point made about the fog too. I can't remember now if it would have been foggy that night and early morning. I think it would have been mentioned if so, especially if it was that impossibly thick fog, but maybe not?

Yes, do it!

Well, I'm just going to go with the info Lake16 gave us, which was, "My understanding is that she was dropped off on 17 not far from some dark houses a bit west of the drilling company which I speculate is what she thought was a wrecking yard in the dark and in her disoriented state.."
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-2-November-2016-20&p=12999203#post12999203

That's Lake's "understanding". Only SP knows for sure where they dropped her off, and we've not heard anything, directly, from SP.

There was discussion of that in thread #1. Summary: Many people don't take their keys jogging--Some have a hide-a-key or have a key pad with combination lock or enter through their garage. Some found this very suspicious and still thought she had maybe a single house key in a running belt and left the rest of her keys at home and somehow her husband didn't know the difference/that the house key was missing. This is a summary of what people posted. The report was, she left her keys at home. No follow up on that since she has been found, as far as I know. I would change my locks regardless. I also probably wouldn't want to live there again though. :scared:

There were calls on the police log about two dogs that were running loose...I wondered at the time if they could have been her dogs. I don't recall the address

There seems to be alot of naysayers on this forum. I am leaning toward the man in the article today who mentioned she may have been taken by a serial killer and tortured and adding my own thinking, is she may have said or did something that made him release her. This has happened in a few cases, very few, but has happened. If she promised to not give his identity and he threatened her family and children if she does, she may be making up the 2 Hispanic women.

Would you blame her? The after effects of horror and shock. The fear.

There are parts of this I agree with, but if the perp is a serial killer, when has one ever let a victim go? Sexual fantasies being fulfilled, they would either kill the witness or keep them for a sex slave. I am genuinely interested in a contrary past case, though.

There are parts of this I agree with, but if the perp is a serial killer, when has one ever let a victim go? Sexual fantasies being fulfilled, they would either kill the witness or keep them for a sex slave. I am genuinely interested in a contrary past case, though.

He confirmed the police theory of how the women were abducted, adding that he would sometimes let a potential victim go if she convinced him that she wouldn't report him to police.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hansen

There are a few more, but it is not super often. The way she was said to be chained reminded me of this guy. He was really evil, allowing some girls to think she had escaped and then he hunted her down again. It is sad to think of their fear and fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong