UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way I must have missed the poll results. Also, I didn't vote because I don't know how to like a post is it the right hand quote thingy which I often hit by mistake anway? The one that comes up with a tick (check mark) on it?

By the way I must have missed the poll results. Also, I didn't vote because I don't know how to like a post is it the right hand quote thingy which I often hit by mistake anway? The one that comes up with a tick (check mark) on it?
We were asked to thank the post the last time for two options.

The tick thing is to quote multiple quotes and you have to turn it off again or you'll keep quoting the post. To thank posts you have to go on the full website (option at the bottom of the mobile site) but I don't do it often.

I didn't vote in the last poll purely because I can't call it. If Corrie is still alive then my gut feeling is this was a premeditated awol situation, I can't see any other alternative.

If Corrie is not still alive then we could have any scenario, foul play, accidental death caused by a third party, intentional suicide or accidental death from exposure or falling in a river. These combined with either intentionally binning the phone or in my opinion the phone travelled with him.

In my mind I've ruled out accidental binning of the phone and I've ruled out someone binning his phone and taking him unwillingly sheerly because the area seemed active and there's no indication anyone saw or heard anything unusual.

If we're looking at him not being alive I think there has to be a third party involved for the phone to have travelled with him, either he got a lift and then succumbed to the environment (but why would they not come forward? Perhaps they are not openly gay or they did an activity the person does not want know such as dogging or criminal) or the third party has caused unintentional harm and concealed (also a crime) or we're looking at a very dangerous individual. If the last option I'd expect to see that person strike again at some point in the future in all honesty.

It he's binned his phone, exited the horseshoe on foot and gone somewhere to commit suicide and not been found. But I would expect he would be found eventually if this is the case.

I think that maybe we should just forget the phone and the bin lorry, for now and try and work on the other facts, we don't have many to be honest,

1, corrie parked his car in Robert boby way.
2' corrie visited so bar and wetherspoons before going on to flex
3, corrie left flex time not known and went to pizza place,
4' eat takeaway , sleep, send picture message from door way,
5. walks in to loading bay at around 3.35!!!!
we know nothing! so little , even basic facts change, what would be the reason? if you are telling the truth from day one what is the reason to have facts keep changing,
what we don't know,
1 did corrie drive in alown
2. What exact time did he arrive at flex and what time did he depart,
3 how long was he in pizza place and what happened,
4, at what time did corrie talk to the homeless man and ware abouts
5, who was the person that spoke to him in the doorway,
6 what happened to his other mates were they out in bse if so how did they get home,

In fact in my opinion there's not even anything available to us that would sway me to one particular theory.

From what I've taken from his character is that it's absolutely possible he was struggling or in a bad way mentally which could point to either suicide or awol. Awol isn't just for people who can't be bothered to turn up for work or want out of the mil. It could easily be a decision made by someone not thinking clearly or struggling.

Equally I think his behaviour shows he's not adverse to taking risks, hooking up with relative strangers, getting in cars with people he doesn't know. I also think he would attempt to walk home although I don't think (in my opinion) he would do this from bse (as in he got up from the doorway intentionally to walk home) I think it would more likely be after meeting someone and walking from perhaps somewhere a bit closer. Logically I can't see why you wouldn't get a taxi from bse and I don't buy he had no money. Basic wage as a private in the army is 18k a year, I can't imagine his being wildly out of that range. When you're paying subsidised accommodation, food and bills from living on base and you have no dependants, no responsibilities, no wife or even girlfriend then he would have had a fair amount of disposable income.

It would be a great help if we could clear the phone thing up, It clearly says that the phone last pined at 5am and then was ether switched off or the battery went flat, that makes me think that the phone did nothing after 5am, then we have 8am come in with no explanation , so I expect the police think 8 and the family think 5, in that case what is the reason for 8 being on the family page? we will just stick that in and confuse people a bit more! I'm well confused as it is now!
Yes I agree. I cannot for the life of me see how both the first ping and the lastping are both 0500 as well as the app update. It should clearly be 0430 first ping, app update 0458 last ping 0800. I don't see how the 28 minute travel time is worked out either. All I would like to see is the LE pings on the timeline but all we have is 0500 on there. Its not surprising noone can follow it . Thats my last word on it for today at least.

Just a quick bit of info on the phone pings and why in my opinion they aren't particularly useful;

https://www.quora.com/How-often-does-a-Cell-phone-ping-the-towers

So basically, dependant on your handset and it's settings you can be invisible when idle. You won't ping a mast unless you exit a last area and enter a new one or send or receive data. With smart phones there can be an open connection - I imagine this is probably apps that have location services on or is constantly updating - so therefore without knowing what was on Corries phone and how they were set up you don't know if Corries phone pinged Bury mast at 04:30 then stayed inactive until 04:58. This means someone in a car could have driven at 100mph and then stopped for a while before entering the BM mast area. It could be that Corries phone pinged regularly or constantly on the way therefore the police would have more information as to whether there were stops on the way. Suffice to say it doesn't really answer any questions, in fact it probably asks more.

Add into the equation the possibility it could have been switched off, had its data turned off, hit a black spot somewhere and lost signal for a while or just ran out of battery and it becomes a mine field.

It's probably why the police weren't willing to waste resources emptying landfill sites and chasing rubbish across the country as it very well may have been pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We DO know that he had a certain social account as mentioned by Nicola in the tv interview (as well as Instagram). I feel sure that they would update regularly if the location services were on as you suggested. No doubt he had a number of other social accounts too. This is probably how they came to a specific time of leaving the BSE mast area (albeit of varying distance from the mast) and entering the BM mast area?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm opinion its want ever time he saw the homeless man would be a big clue, if it was early after flex and before the takeaway then not so important but if it was later in the door way or on the way to loading bay then I would think more important, looks like I'm walking home, the word it looks like is more like my mates have gone so it looks like I'm on my own to make my own way back, but we don't even know if they are the same words used !

I would suggest not as the time is a fixed constant. The speed is a variable in this case.
Jmo

So if the phone pings at 04:30 & 04:58 then it's not possible that it could have moved very fast between 04:30 and 04:45 and then very slowly between 04:45 and 04:58? Covering the same distance in the same time at varying speed?

***edit*** to clarify my statement is regarding your comment about being 6 mins away from the centre of BM mast. 6 minutes depends on the speed you're travelling

IMO all the information presented from the early stages vary or change for whatever reason. If the facts cannot be confirmed, we will be chasing a moving target and could be here forever with the main chatter being the BIN LORRY and MOBILE PINGS. This case has a large following compared to other missing persons in the UK. There has been considerable interest by means of people offering to carry out searches but going by SALSAR only 30 will be invited to assist with the first search on Saturday from 08.00 to 15.00. I take it this will be to search Thetford Forrest which is 50,000 Acres. How effective will this be and can anyone estimate how much of that area will be covered? I really think that for this to work it would require a lot more feet on the ground while at the same time I understand that these searches need to be effectively managed in order to avoid / reduce risk to injury. Not much by way of updates of late as far as I can see. It all seems to have gone very quiet and I'm at a loss.

So assuming his phone was with him and discounting the bin lorry how did he get to BM/mildenhall and is he still there?

So assuming his phone was with him and discounting the bin lorry how did he get to BM/mildenhall and is he still there?

Unless they have already searched that route extensively I wouldn't know and nor would anyone else.

Blind Eye to the Telescope and get on with the job!

I think that maybe we should just forget the phone and the bin lorry, for now and try and work on the other facts, we don't have many to be honest,

1, corrie parked his car in Robert boby way.
2' corrie visited so bar and wetherspoons before going on to flex
3, corrie left flex time not known and went to pizza place,
4' eat takeaway , sleep, send picture message from door way,
5. walks in to loading bay at around 3.35!!!!
we know nothing! so little , even basic facts change, what would be the reason? if you are telling the truth from day one what is the reason to have facts keep changing,
what we don't know,
1 did corrie drive in alown
2. What exact time did he arrive at flex and what time did he depart,
3 how long was he in pizza place and what happened,
4, at what time did corrie talk to the homeless man and ware abouts
5, who was the person that spoke to him in the doorway,
6 what happened to his other mates were they out in bse if so how did they get home,
The timeline should answer some of these but some still remain open which is crazy really after so long. Has me puzzled as to why things are so difficult. Were his mates purposely avoiding him for some reason we do not understand ? I know they may all have been on the razzle but that's no reason imo.

He'd have to have gotten into a car with a third party. I would say if he did get into a car, whether he tried to walk from there or was a victim of attack he's still in the general bm area.

So if the phone pings at 04:30 & 04:58 then it's not possible that it could have moved very fast between 04:30 and 04:45 and then very slowly between 04:45 and 04:58? Covering the same distance in the same time at varying speed?

***edit*** to clarify my statement is regarding your comment about being 6 mins away from the centre of BM mast. 6 minutes depends on the speed you're travelling

Not sure I understand what you mean.
I think yes you're correct about the varying speed. My compass rose was based on an approximate 30mph vehicle and yes, the 6 minutes does depend on the speed.
Trying my damnedest not to infuriate the masses here lol.
3eca7272d649519fd222c9b0f98a8852.jpg

Edit.
I understand now. It's essentially a 'vector quantity' in that it has magnitude (speed variance) and direction (north west).

IMO all the information presented from the early stages vary or change for whatever reason. If the facts cannot be confirmed, we will be chasing a moving target and could be here forever with the main chatter being the BIN LORRY and MOBILE PINGS. This case has a large following compared to other missing persons in the UK. There has been considerable interest by means of people offering to carry out searches but going by SALSAR only 30 will be invited to assist with the first search on Saturday from 08.00 to 15.00. I take it this will be to search Thetford Forrest which is 50,000 Acres. How effective will this be and can anyone estimate how much of that area will be covered? I really think that for this to work it would require a lot more feet on the ground while at the same time I understand that these searches need to be effectively managed in order to avoid / reduce risk to injury. Not much by way of updates of late as far as I can see. It all seems to have gone very quiet and I'm at a loss.
It has been mentioned that 15 square miles have been searched. 1 sq mile is 1760 x1760 yds. I acre is 4840 sq yds. So a sq mile is 640 acres meaning nearly 10,000 acres searched so far. The forest is therefore nearly 5 times what has already been searched.

Edit. Assuming 10 weeks to search 10,000 acres it will take almost a year to search the forest. Daunting task.

1. Contents of long Tel. conversation with his brother on the evening?
2. Full in depth investigation regarding activities in Flex
3. Full account of events from his work colleagues pre & post that evening?
4 Re-visit Takaway to obtain In Depth information of what took place before Corrie departed

Folks, I really think we should forget about the pings & the bin. For one, the phone pings really don't tell us anything solid & the bin has been checked and the weight calibrated to check that it was weighing correctly so we can scrap that idea entirely

1. Contents of long Tel. conversation with his brother on the evening?
2. Full in depth investigation regarding activities in Flex
3. Full account of events from his work colleagues pre & post that evening?
4 Re-visit Takaway to obtain In Depth information of what took place before Corrie departed
Hmmmm. Note to self?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member