John Ray Suggests Peter Hackett is the Manorville Butcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

LikeAHunter

Reaction score
It seems we no longer have any open threads on the good doc!

In the press conference today, John Ray strongly suggests that Peter Hackett is the Manorville Butcher while James Burke is the LISK (GB4 killer). He obviously believes that PH is responsible for Shannon's death, hence the wrongful death lawsuit, but he also implies that more than one person may have been involved in her murder.

Thoughts on PH as the Manorvile Butcher? Shall we review evidence for and against?

It seems we no longer have any open threads on the good doc!

In the press conference today, John Ray strongly suggests that Peter Hackett is the Manorville Butcher while James Burke is the LISK (GB4 killer). He obviously believes that PH is responsible for Shannon's death, hence the wrongful death lawsuit, but he also implies that more than one person may have been involved in her murder.

Thoughts on PH as the Manorvile Butcher? Shall we review evidence for and against?

Are you serious!? :eek:

John Ray is the lawyer. I thought you meant the new head of police voiced this. This is why I placed the bug eyed emoji.

Personally, I've never been able to remove Hackett from the top of my suspect list for a number of reasons. Here are my top 3:

1. I wouldn't attempt to diagnose him, but my observation based on his interviews and writings is that he displays intense narcissism and a lack of empathy. That's never a good combo. To me, he appears to fit a specific psychological profile. I could say more but I'll leave it at that.

2. He inserted himself into the investigation, which a certain type of SK is known to do. By calling Shannon's mother then denying it, he placed himself directly in the media spotlight. And in doing so he also greatly increased the family's pain.

3. I've never been able to get over the fact that his father wrote a book in which he talked about needing to go directly to the whorehouse if you want to convert *advertiser censored*. From a psychological perspective, it could mean nothing. Or it could really mean something! But it's an interesting factor for me. If you're a child being raised by a single father after the death of your mother, and he talks to you about converting *advertiser censored*...that likely has an impact.

There is so much more that keeps him high on my list, but it's late and I'm tired. Interested to hear what's on others' minds!

Guys, I'm closing up the thread. We're going to require something more concrete to support the premise of this one. My concern with such a discussion is that it will quickly spin out of control on a layer of black ice, ungrounded and without clear focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76