UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think how hard you would have to hit someone in a car to injure them enough to think the easiest way out is either leaving them somewhere quiet to go on their own or hiding their body.

Someone would have had some serious damage to their car, damage that would need to have been hidden or fixed, debris in the road etc

If you were going to try and get away with it as horrible as it sounds, it's easier just to drive off and leave them there rather than risk leaving forensic evidence on their body and being found later.

IMO it's not logical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this, even more so if they were driving dangerously. If Corrie was found and they were linked they could argue they thought they'd hit a deer or similar and not stopped? Moving a body of a person you've hit is a completely different ballgame. Has this ever happened?

Hit by a car in the Horseshoe area which has been mentioned before on here (was that you Midsummer?) and body disposed of? Mind you, if that was the case you would think that something would come up forensically and perhaps evidence of damage to a car leaving on CCTV?

It doesn't seem like there would be enough room for a car/vehicle to have got up sufficient speed to kill someone in the small space of the horseshoe and then enough time to put a body in the car and drive off without being seen.

JMO

It doesn't seem like there would be enough room for a car/vehicle to have got up sufficient speed to kill someone in the small space of the horseshoe and then enough time to put a body in the car and dribe off without being seen.

JMO

could have been crushed - someone reversing into the horseshoe didn't see him urinating in the dark, that would not necessarily leave forensic evidence would it

It's as many acres as Sulsar have covered to date in their search.
The forest is massive and would take a good few weeks to search, personally unless they have evidence to search in a particular area they are unlikely to find any thing as it would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack ,

Do you know if SULSAR are keeping a publically-accessible record of places they have searched already?
They tell on their website where they are searching and have searched. That's the only information I have.

It doesn't seem like there would be enough room for a car/vehicle to have got up sufficient speed to kill someone in the small space of the horseshoe and then enough time to put a body in the car and drive off without being seen.

JMO
the only problem with that is no DNA found in loading bay so I can't see that happening

It has been mentioned that 15 square miles have been searched. 1 sq mile is 1760 x1760 yds. I acre is 4840 sq yds. So a sq mile is 640 acres meaning nearly 10,000 acres searched so far. The forest is therefore nearly 5 times what has already been searched.

Edit. Assuming 10 weeks to search 10,000 acres it will take almost a year to search the forest. Daunting task.

This is the best answer to the questions about the search to date. Mine is wrong.

I guess a head injury may not leave any dna maybe. Busted wall, bin wagon, phone in bin wagon - this is all speculation not accusing anyone of anything.

Unless the speed 12mph is average, he did walk out of the horseshoe and was hit. The body and phone in the car and driven to thetford forest hence the miles covered slowly on average. I can't see why the hell anyone would hide a body they hit accidentally in the dark but I guess people do?

Something tells me walking out of the horseshoe is 100% possible. Nicola has always believed third party involvement but sulsar don't seem to agree in part.

Itv reporter was in mildenhall so I think the undisclosed location has to be thetford forest

I totally agree DC

This is the best answer to the questions about the search to date.

Looking at the the maps and the separate section of Thetford Forest Park near Mildenhall/Barton Mills would make much more sense to search first given it is where is phone was last at and it is a much smaller area?

The forest is massive and would take a good few weeks to search, personally unless they have evidence to search in a particular area they are unlikely to find any thing as it would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack ,
I posted Shiresleuth calculations and mine are way out so deleting my comment.

That is surprisingly a lot. According to their website they only have 37 active members so adding 30 more should speed things up a lot.
best answer on the thread, mine is wrong.

Originally Posted by Shiressleuth
It has been mentioned that 15 square miles have been searched. 1 sq mile is 1760 x1760 yds. I acre is 4840 sq yds. So a sq mile is 640 acres meaning nearly 10,000 acres searched so far. The forest is therefore nearly 5 times what has already been searched.

Edit. Assuming 10 weeks to search 10,000 acres it will take almost a year to search the forest. Daunting task.

Think how hard you would have to hit someone in a car to injure them enough to think the easiest way out is either leaving them somewhere quiet to go on their own or hiding their body.

Someone would have had some serious damage to their car, damage that would need to have been hidden or fixed, debris in the road etc

If you were going to try and get away with it as horrible as it sounds, it's easier just to drive off and leave them there rather than risk leaving forensic evidence on their body and being found later.

IMO it's not logical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not logical... But a drunk or high driver may not think or act in a logical way if they hit someone and killed them.

I am so out of date with this case. I need to read some of the latest links.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Could this be the sugar beet sighting she said she was unhappy about police dismissing.
40 sq miles sounds more like Thetford Forest than the Sugar Beet factory IMO. Would be interesting to know exactly what NU is thinking.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Sorry but cannot believe the Horse Shoe CCTV theory. Not sure if they search the verges and ditches on all the routes back to base. If it were me I would use the phone pings to coordinate the preferred route and go from there with alternatives.

What is it with every statement is in some sort of code, can't we just have plain and simple facts! <modsnip>

It's a military thing!! Even for people leaving the service, if it was for disciplinary reasons, you weren't allowed to say so in their 'reference', just cover dates, jobs and leave off 'we recommend to a future employer'.

Best advice - read between the lines and also think about what's not been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288