Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I guess we can come to some kind of agreement. The whole thing with this ransom seemed weird, like this person supposedly flew with cash (or when they arrived they withdrew a large sum from the bank). Of the people that do have ready cash money, I think a much smaller percentage of them would do what was described by CG where someone came into town with loads of cash (or that a bank would let them withdraw that much that quickly if they withdrew it after they arrived) and then after Thanksgiving that money was supposedly deposited in a bank. I think sort of by necessity there has to be at least one lie in the tale as those who deal in lots of cash aren't going to necessarily bring that much out of town (and keep it in their hotel room?) let alone then deposit this huge amount in a bank, so that is why I thought this either had to be from some sort of criminal enterprise or it didn't exist as the way the ransom was described just didn't sound as legitimate.

I didn't even think about the fact that they would have had to have flown with all that cash which makes it even less believable. Idk something just didn't sit right with me from the start. To be clear, just because I am not surprised by people having so much cash does not mean I wouldn't be incredibly surprised if they chose to use that money as ransom for someone they don't even know (I could be wrong but it seemed to me the donor was supposedly a stranger to the papinis).

If SP was kidnapped for someone, is it possible that person died? So these two women who procured prey for him let her go??

Dexter: the abduction site occurred outside the city limits of Redding and falls under the jurisdiction of the Shasta county sheriff's office, not the Redding police department.

Thank you for the info, I didn't know that.

I thought that Mountain Gate where the Papinis lived was a CDP, within the city of Redding, within the county of Shasta, and that the county sheriff's office was leading this investigation due to the nature of the crime.

Learn something new everyday.

I didn't even think about the fact that they would have had to have flown with all that cash which makes it even less believable. Idk something just didn't sit right with me from the start. To be clear, just because I am not surprised by people having so much cash does not mean I wouldn't be incredibly surprised if they chose to use that money as ransom for someone they don't even know (I could be wrong but it seemed to me the donor was supposedly a stranger to the papinis).

This why I've been on CG so much as I think he was either in on it or he was being played by someone who committed the crime and used him to make the crime more infamous. If he wasn't in on it and someone wasn't playing him because they did it, it also would be pretty bad if someone scammed CG into offering a ransom when no money existed, which a ransom going bust due to non-payment could have escalated to the murder of SP.

If SP was kidnapped for someone, is it possible that person died? So these two women who procured prey for him let her go??

You know.....this case is so frustrating and perplexing, at this point I'd believe anything.

Trash bags work...thrown on the side of the road
https://www.google.com/amp/kdvr.com...federal-charges/amp/?client=ms-android-att-us

What he has to say is that there is evidence of an abduction. Saying there is no evidence that there was not an abduction is not the same thing.

Why, sure, Ace, there is evidence of SPs abduction from when she was released wearing a metal chain about her waist and a hood type material that SP waved when flagging for attention from passersby and the kind of a hose clamp used as a handcuff.

The Sheriff also mentioned accumulating evidence at the released site CS (crime scene) in Yolo that was sent for testing.

Why, sure, Ace, there is evidence of SPs abduction from when she was released wearing a metal chain about her waist and a hood type material that SP waved when flagging for attention from passersby and the kind of a hose clamp used as a handcuff.

The Sheriff also mentioned accumulating evidence at the released site CS (crime scene) in Yolo that was sent for testing.

Perhaps the reason sheriff Bosenko didn't say: "We have evidence of an abduction." is because he DOES have evidence and he wants to keep that close to the vest for now.

Yeah, I realized the second I wrote that that it was going to get shot down based on sematics, but couldn't quite figure out how to clarify.

The is obviously a ton of evidence. The problem is, it's not the right type of evidence. We need a POI, or a witness, or DNA, or a fingerprint, etc. Outside, independent evidence.

Yeah, I realized the second I wrote that that it was going to get shot down based on sematics, but couldn't quite figure out how to clarify.

The is obviously a ton of evidence. The problem is, it's not the right type of evidence. We need a POI, or a witness, or DNA, or a fingerprint, etc. Outside, independent evidence.

We don't know what type of evidence LE has. For all we know, they even have a POI and are just lining up their ducks in a row as we type. The other thing I think I remember reading is that DNA evidence isn't back yet IIRC. Perhaps once that comes back, and if the perp is in the system, an arrest can be made or they can at least id a POI.

I wanted to see how consistent the Sheriff's statements had been, so I put together a list of every interview I could find where the sheriff said he believes SP is telling the truth, along with the dates he said it and the links:
(Snipped for brevity)
His statements seem consistent to me and the sheriff has not backed off on any details of the story. How many ways does he have to say it before others believe SP as well?

All the evidence has been turned over to the DOJ, acording to the Sheriff, so his "department" will have no choice but to believe her until that evidence is investigated by DOJ. Meanwhile, to question her description is not calling her a liar, and no one here, that I have seen, questions whether or not she was abducted or kidnapped. That said, anyone who doesn't find the chain of events that transpired after she was abducted odd - please tell us why not. IMO, the only thing that fits is ransom or some sort of debt owed - or jealousy.

SP based the ethnicity of her captors on the fact that they spoke Spanish...in California I would venture a guess that a lot of people are bi-lingual by necessity for employment, etc., so, it is possible they were not Spanish. JMO

I'm not sure if LE would be divulging if a witness came forward. JMO

This why I've been on CG so much as I think he was either in on it or he was being played by someone who committed the crime and used him to make the crime more infamous. If he wasn't in on it and someone wasn't playing him because they did it, it also would be pretty bad if someone scammed CG into offering a ransom when no money existed, which a ransom going bust due to non-payment could have escalated to the murder of SP.

True, but with Sherri Papini, I don't think a ransom going bust due to non-payment would have lead to a murder any quicker than an absence of a ransom offer in the first place.

All the evidence has been turned over to the DOJ, acording to the Sheriff, so his "department" will have no choice but to believe her until that evidence is investigated by DOJ. Meanwhile, to question her description is not calling her a liar, and no one here, that I have seen, questions whether or not she was abducted or kidnapped. That said, anyone who doesn't find the chain of events that transpired after she was abducted odd - please tell us why not. IMO, the only thing that fits is ransom or some sort of debt owed - or jealousy.

SP based the ethnicity of her captors on the fact that they spoke Spanish...in California I would venture a guess that a lot of people are bi-lingual by necessity for employment, etc., so, it is possible they were not Spanish. JMO

I'm not from that area of the country, so I may be mistaken. However, it's my understanding that a large percentage of the population in CA is Hispanic. I know Sherri grew up there, so I imagine she'd be able to tell the difference between a Hispanic and an American speaking Spanish. I'm just conjecturing that she'd be able to tell based on being exposed to them most of her life. JMO

I'm not sure if LE would be divulging if a witness came forward. JMO

If you listen to the dispatch audio, unedited version, CHP says something like "we have a witness over here". I figured maybe the truck driver, but who knows...you could be right.

I have read that LE has forensic tests to complete, does one assume automatically that is a DNA test? Anyone with background on DNA tests? Why does it take weeks for LE to complete DNA tests when Maury Povich was able to get test results back in 24 hours to prove "you are not the daddy!"?

I get the same feeling from this as I did when they said Casey Anthony took police to the babysitters house.

I'm not from that area of the country, so I may be mistaken. However, it's my understanding that a large percentage of the population in CA is Hispanic. I know Sherri grew up there, so I imagine she'd be able to tell the difference between an Hispanic and an American speaking Spanish. I'm just conjecturing that she'd be able to tell based on being exposed to them most of her life. JMO

Right, but we only know she said that is how she knew they were Hispanic. Living there so long was likely to her advantage b/c she could probably pick up on what they were saying, even if in bits and pieces. I had bi-lingual employees and when they spoke Spanish I could make out a lot of what they were saying, but I couldn't speak it, save for a few words. JMO

Not so much in Northern Cali. It's almost to Oregon and it's just 8% Hispanic. If the captors spoke Spanish it's highly likely that Spanish is their native language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member