Found Deceased OR - James 'Jim' Cross, 41, Eugene, 12 Dec 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
University of Oregon student, 41, missing
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

A University of Oregon student and former bartender in the Eugene area is missing, according to friends of James “Jim” Cross, a student of the business program.

Cross, 41, was last seen Dec. 12 by his neighbors on Lawrence Street, according to Eugene police.

“It’s a mystery, we just don’t know where he was headed or what he was up to at all,” Brazier said.
http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/35108409-75/university-of-oregon-student-41-missing.html.csp

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

His FB leads me to believe he is gay but I don't see a partner or husband.

This is prob a dumb question...but is there water nearby? within a mile of his last known place?

The article says he has a roomate. I wish the roomate would speak out and say when s/he last saw Jim. The neighbours were the last to see him, but I wonder what time of day that was. Was he going to meet a friend, or hook-up with someone, or off to a bar for a night of drinking... I hope LE have searched his computer, he may have used it to make plans to meet someone.

James Cross won the Media Studies Essay of the Year award in 2016. He posted the essay on his Facebook on June 21st, it's entitled "Misogyny, It's Not Just for Women".

So it seems like he was doing really well at university...

However, on October 20th he was asking about finding a psychiatrist. Possible mental health issues?

James Cross won the Media Studies Essay of the Year award in 2016. He posted the essay on his Facebook on June 21st, it's entitled "Misogyny, It's Not Just for Women".

So it seems like he was doing really well at university...

However, on October 20th he was asking about finding a psychiatrist. Possible mental health issues?
Weird, I just had that essay show up on my FB feed a couple of days ago.

I hope he is OK. Sounds like there may be a sad situation going on.

This is prob a dumb question...but is there water nearby? within a mile of his last known place?
There's the Willamette river and a couple of canal kinda things. I'm not sure how close to where he was. But there's plenty of water and it's not frozen all the way through. They had a huge ice storm in the last several days. It's been crazy cold for that area and extremely slippery. There's also more than their fair share of sketchy folks in that city, too, but that's all just my opinion from having lived there.

He was really upset in August when his rabbit, Captain Mayhem, went missing. And thrilled when he found him :)

I don't think James would just take off and leave his rabbit... I have a really bad feeling about this one :( I really want to hear from the room-mate. It was Jim's friend from a different state who spoke to the press and said she was worried about him and it's not at all like him to take off, and according to MSM the neighbours were the last to see him. So where was the roomate?

I can't find any mention of a boyfriend or dating on his fb either, but maybe he had started seeing someone, or maybe he was using an online dating site and went to meet with someone and met with found play... :(

I sure hope LE are taking this seriously. Adult men who go missing seem to be low priority for most LE agencies, but I think they really need to look into this one...

There's the Willamette river and a couple of canal kinda things. I'm not sure how close to where he was. But there's plenty of water and it's not frozen all the way through. They had a huge ice storm in the last several days. It's been crazy cold for that area and extremely slippery. There's also more than their fair share of sketchy folks in that city, too, but that's all just my opinion from having lived there.

I also lived in Eugene (UO alum- go ducks!!). There's def some water near campus. In order to walk from campus to Autzen stadium (football stadium)- students walk over the footbridge (which is over the willamette river). I'll try to put a pic in.
e7d63bfabd6074d11e6c5b788407f6f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just really get the feeling he is in or near moving water....I wonder if he slipped? Hopefully more will come out soon...I've seen no mention of family?

He also seems to be very disappointed with the election and fearful of how it. Would affect his life and those he loves...I'm thinking his FB shows some real depression.

I hope he's found. It does sound as if suicide is a possibility here. I do hope he's somewhere clearing his mind. Or he reached out for help.

He also seems to be very disappointed with the election and fearful of how it. Would affect his life and those he loves...I'm thinking his FB shows some real depression.

Do you think so?? I hope not :( :( I didn't get that feeling from his Facebook... But you can never tell. His roomate should know... Or LE could check his computer for Google searches about depression and stuff :(

If he ever did see a counsellor/ psychiatrist they would know, but I guess they wouldn't be allowed to even tell the police if they were asked?

Do you think so?? I hope not :( :( I didn't get that feeling from his Facebook... But you can never tell. His roomate should know... Or LE could check his computer for Google searches about depression and stuff :(

If he ever did see a counsellor/ psychiatrist they would know, but I guess they wouldn't be allowed to even tell the police if they were asked?

I don't think they can without either permission or death.

Jim has history of drug abuse. This could be a factor here.

Jim has history of drug abuse. This could be a factor here.

Hi agpo,

Thanks for sharing and for joining us. It sounds like you know Jim, and if so, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I looked at Jim's FB feed and couldn't stop reading; he sounds like such a caring human being, a deep-thinker, with a great sense of humor. I really hope that he is found very soon.

Are there certain parts of Eugene Jim is known to frequent? Have the police or friends and/or family contacted area hospitals and mental health/substance abuse treatment facilities to see if he has been admitted?

Hi agpo,

Thanks for sharing and for joining us. It sounds like you know Jim, and if so, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I looked at Jim's FB feed and couldn't stop reading; he sounds like such a caring human being, a deep-thinker, with a great sense of humor. I really hope that he is found very soon.

Are there certain parts of Eugene Jim is known to frequent? Have the police or friends and/or family contacted area hospitals and mental health/substance abuse treatment facilities to see if he has been admitted?

Thanks. It is quite scary. He and I are former coworkers. I haven't seen or talked to him in a few months, other than occasionally passing him on the street on/near the UO campus. I'm not sure what facilities have been contacted. I know he doesn't have much family in the area (family is in Seattle and Bellingham, I believe) but is well cared for by good friends in Eugene. I am worried about what's happened to him. I think he does suffer psychologically somewhat, but presents as a diligent student and overall jovial person.

As for places he's known to frequent, I think he lives near 13th street in Eugene, near Hot Mama's restaurant somewhere. He's a UO student and I think many of his friends live in the whiteaker neighborhood. He spends time downtown, too, I think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back