UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a link to these 4 vehicles as I can't seem to find one?
I still keep going back to the horseshoe myself, until vehicles have been confirmed that they left the area, I'm still in two minds as to what happened though I do think he met someone.

Makes sense to me, Ironside. Even though there's no hard evidence of a meeting, it would explain a few things.

Maybe I missed earlier discussions on this topic, but do we know why Corrie slept outside rather than in the warmth and safety of his car?

Or, if he needed to sleep and kill some time before picking us his car the next morning, why not take a taxi home and rest for a few hours? He wasn't penniless, so why are we discussing hitching rides, travelling on the back of bin lorries, and the like?

I know Nicola and his brothers have said that sleeping out and hitching rides were normal things for him to do, but why?

I genuinely don't subscribe to the family's thoughts about sleeping outside being normal. Or any of his actions that night. There have been many anomalies. The phone pings and timings being just one. These were the reasons I stepped away temporarily so others could throw their thoughts into the ring.
As far as I know there is absolutely NO evidence to support a meeting apart from circumstantial.
I think Corrie 'slept' outside (which I think is BS) because he was waiting for his 'guest' to arrive at 0130...or so he thought, hence the second burger and large chips. I also don't entirely believe that the photo image that he sent of himself and friend...to his brother was actually TO his brother. I think it was a photo using a messaging service that his brother was privy to, that was used for his 'guest' to ID him. When his guest asked where he was, he asked to meet in a more discreet spot ('Horseshoe') instead of the more public Hughes doorway.
Timing is everything to the military and very few civilians appreciate punctuality. The 0324 was a definite jog to a 0330 collection in my mind....and probably someone he met in Flex that lived in the BM/M area.
JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalka

Buying a large kebab, chips and two burgers fits well with an offering. Makes a good opening line...'want some of my burger?'.
Maybe I'm old fashioned but "want some of my cold congealed 2 hour old burger?" doesn't seem that romantic to me!

So he could have left without being seen?

d1ea57bd5d4eaa9e25b15e725052867b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are caught over the limit in your car you get charged with drink driving even if you're not physically driving. It's to discourage people going for a snooze then driving home a few hours later still very much over the limit.

Even if he didn't give a damn about getting a drink driving charge his car was a two seater so not very comfortable to stretch out in.

Thanks for that, Ironside. Who better to rely on than you for information about "wheels"!

We still don't know why he chose to remain in the town - habitually, so we are told - overnight, rather than go home by taxi. Has this been discussed?

Maybe I'm old fashioned but "want some of my cold congealed 2 hour old burger?" doesn't seem that romantic to me!

Remember, Corrie wasn't carrying any chip papers or kebab boxes at 0324. He probably consumed them just after 0130 when he realised his 'guest' wasn't arriving until 0330?

If you are caught over the limit in your car you get charged with drink driving even if you're not physically driving. It's to discourage people going for a snooze then driving home a few hours later still very much over the limit.

Even if he didn't give a damn about getting a drink driving charge his car was a two seater so not very comfortable to stretch out in.

Also, if he's caught intoxicated whilst in charge and loses his licence, that's a hell of a long train journey up to Dunfermaline to see his family. Especially from Honington. Incentive enough regardless of being a risk taker.

is there a link to these 4 vehicles as I can't seem to find one?
I still keep going back to the horseshoe myself, until vehicles have been confirmed that they left the area, I'm still in two minds as to what happened though I do think he met someone.

If you mean link as in more info on the vehicles, no there isn't. All we know is the police have identified them and investigation continues.

Thanks for that, Ironside. Who better to rely on than you for information about "wheels"!
We still don't know why he chose to remain in the town - habitually, so we are told - overnight, rather than go home by taxi. Has this been discussed?
He wouldn't actually spend the whole night sleeping in the town. Early on his mum did say he would maybe go for a nap somewhere but never all night. She also said he sometimes would walk home but she was referring to when he lived in his home town in Scotland where home was a much shorter distance away.

If they're not releasing any info are we to suggest they think he was defo in one then and are doing further investigations as it makes no sense to me why any info hasn't been released about them.

If you mean link as in more info on the vehicles, no there isn't. All we know is the police have identified them and investigation continues.

Also, if he's caught intoxicated whilst in charge and loses his licence, that's a hell of a long train journey up to Dunfermaline to see his family. Especially from Honington. Incentive enough regardless of being a risk taker.

I went to court several times to speak for airmen with driving offences. When it came to punishment, it was explained how points/ban could affect them at work; there was some leniency for all, especially ascthey are in a controlled environment. Even one with 3 charges wasn't given enough points to be banned. Driving skills are valuable for gunners.

I'm not convinced he wouldn't have drunk drove home, we don't know, all we know is he parked his car in a disabled bay and went drinking.

I went to court several times to speak for airmen with driving offences. When it came to punishment, it was explained how points/ban could affect them at work; there was some leniency for all, especially ascthey are in a controlled environment. Even one with 3 charges wasn't given enough points to be banned. Driving skills are valuable for gunners.

I genuinely don't subscribe to the family's thoughts about sleeping outside being normal. Or any of his actions that night. There have been many anomalies. The phone pings and timings being just one. These were the reasons I stepped away temporarily so others could throw their thoughts into the ring.
As far as I know there is absolutely NO evidence to support a meeting apart from circumstantial.
I think Corrie 'slept' outside (which I think is BS) because he was waiting for his 'guest' to arrive at 0130...or so he thought, hence the second burger and large chips. I also don't entirely believe that the photo image that he sent of himself and friend...to his brother was actually TO his brother. I think it was a photo using a messaging service that his brother was privy to, that was used for his 'guest' to ID him. When his guest asked where he was, he asked to meet in a more discreet spot ('Horseshoe') instead of the more public Hughes doorway.
Timing is everything to the military and very few civilians appreciate punctuality. The 0324 was a definite jog to a 0330 collection in my mind....and probably someone he met in Flex that lived in the BM/M area.
JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalka

So how do they know a photo image was sent unless the recipient came forward? Do you mean that if it was something his brother was privy to, Darroch would know that Corrie sent a pic just after 3am? Sorry, I'm not up with all these message services, but that would put a different slant on things.

Exactly. I was just discussing this with my partner. If the police have no evidence of him being seen in the vehicle they cannot get a warrant to search or question. Only as a potential witness. This is why they are desperate for individuals in the area to come forward to say, yes we see him in that car that night.

It would be interesting to see if any vehicles where found burnt out in the weeks after Corrie disappeared. Ones in the local area. Does anyone know of any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this in the local news
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/e..._car_on_fire_in_a_ditch_near_bungay_1_4758166

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they're not releasing any info are we to suggest they think he was defo in one then and are doing further investigations as it makes no sense to me why any info hasn't been released about them.

The belief he could not have left the Horseshoe area on foot comes from police testing the cameras in the area and determining had he walked out of there he had to have been picked up by a camera thus making it mpossible not to be seen emerging on foot. The family are absolutely adamant about it and Corries Uncle has explained it in depth. He had to have left in a vehicle.

As it is an active police investigation the police have to be very careful about what they release as it could jeopardise a future prosecution. If they have the details of the vehicles I'm confident they'll do everything they can with that information and I see no need why the registrations, names of drivers etc. should have to be released to the general public.

I'm not convinced he wouldn't have drunk drove home, we don't know, all we know is he parked his car in a disabled bay and went drinking.

Website says he was due to collect his car the next morning, but it's been said on here that's a very early start for Corrie to do that after a night's drinking, equally so if he asked for a lift into town from a friend.

Website says he was due to collect his car the next morning, but it's been said on here that's a very early start for Corrie to do that after a night's drinking, equally so if he asked for a lift into town from a friend.

Correction, it says 'the next day' but don't think there would be much leeway for where he was parked.

If it's a Grindr style hookup, not only would it be embarrassing for the family, but the military also. I can absolutely see why things have been hushed up a little to save the family's embarrassment. I can also see why the 'D Notice' comment was silently ushered in by UT to put people off the scent.
If an AWOL notification is issued by the military, Corrie's immediate superiors who would fill out the AWOL paperwork would be obliged to enter the details of the absence. This then gets sent up to his CO and onward to the Admin staff with all the. Relevant information on it. That's even BEFORE it gets flagged up to the police for them to allocated the label of 'Missing'.
A hell of a lot of in house diplomacy would be needed (exceptionally possible IMHO) to keep the wolves away from the door. It could explain why proper equipment and manpower wasn't allocated as the military didn't want egg on their face so to speak. I entirely get that now retrospectively.

I think "the next morning" is just a phrase and they meant he'd collect his car once he'd rolled out of bed and got back to BSE and it's being taken literally. I can't see how his family would know Corrie planned to pick up his car before 12pm for certain.

I've had plenty of "morning afters" which only started at 3pm as that's when I woke up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni