UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if one of the cars was a Blue ford focus... here it is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bungay has a lot of traveller population, I wouldn't say it's overly out of the ordinary. Hopefully the police have considered it a possibilty being connected.

I think Corrie was doing what he always did on his weekends off and he had an arranged meet with someone he knew. He got asked to leave Flex early ( timeline has incorrect time of 00.40 Nicola said just after 01.00 and doorman said 0120 so between this maybe 01.10? So off to get grub. Takeaway guy said he came in every two weeks. He refused a lift and headed off. Some food he gave to the homeless guy. He turns of to hughes specifically and this is not in the direction of his car so I believe he settles down in the doorway due to free wifi close by at the Grapes. Falls asleep due to surfeit of drink and grub probably around 01.45 ? Wakes up on receiving photo and forwards it on. Is in no hurry to go to his meet as he still has 20 mins to wait. Dozes or surfs net till 0320 or so and sets off to meet lift. When he arrives he sees lift is there and goes to meey up. The vehicle leaves immediately at 3.26 so is not seen by cameras or any one at all. Straight up SB. Corrie spends his weekend with this person and is either still with them or has had a big bust up and come to harm. Phone is gone out of area with corrie and does one glancing ping before leaving area completely.

Agreed.

Just a thought, could the 0340 'Lurker/Legs' man be the actual driver of the vehicle? He certainly seems to be evading detection very, very well.
c63003aa289b1cb94efc8bcaff06e0cb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be interested to know if the 2 people in the 3.26 clip have been identified. The times are just so close to when Corrie would have been around there. The person above (I would also say woman) could have been a lookout or disturbed by the man running. It seems odd that they just appear to stop turn and watch.

I think Corrie was doing what he always did on his weekends off and he had an arranged meet with someone he knew. He got asked to leave Flex early ( timeline has incorrect time of 00.40 Nicola said just after 01.00 and doorman said 0120 so between this maybe 01.10? So off to get grub. Takeaway guy said he came in every two weeks. He refused a lift and headed off. Some food he gave to the homeless guy. He turns of to hughes specifically and this is not in the direction of his car so I believe he settles down in the doorway due to free wifi close by at the Grapes. Falls asleep due to surfeit of drink and grub probably around 01.45 ? Wakes up on receiving photo and forwards it on. Is in no hurry to go to his meet as he still has 20 mins to wait. Dozes or surfs net till 0320 or so and sets off to meet lift. When he arrives he sees lift is there and goes to meey up. The vehicle leaves immediately at 3.26 so is not seen by cameras or any one at all. Straight up SB. Corrie spends his weekend with this person and is either still with them or has had a big bust up and come to harm. Phone is gone out of area with corrie and does one glancing ping before leaving area completely.

Going back to the CCTV, I am not certain that Tony's map is correct as I don't believe that there is a camera on the outside of McDonalds. In the hub, footage was only shown from Adnams, Cornhill, Greenwoods and Edmundos, there was nothing shown from McDonalds. There are 4 cameras in the car park at the back of Cornhill walk, however, to me they don't appear to be pointing directly to Short Brackland, the angles don't seem right and they appear to be fixed.
The Greenwoods camera rotates every 30 seconds over 9 positions, 2 of which point down towards the horseshoe. If the camera in Cornhill walk is fixed, then I would think it is possible to leave the horseshoe undetected.

I wonder after the marham and aldershot trouble would the military warn the personnel to be on guard when out on their own, I guess not by what corrie did that night, I don't think that this is the reason corrie is missing but would be easy pickings if that is normal, maybe the should be warned to stay safe and stick with your mates a bit more as things are at the moment you never know what isa lot might try, just a thort,

Timings:

The teenagers were "towards Cornhill shopping centre (Suffolk Constabulary) so I doubt the bin driver could see them during his collection, more likely when travelling.

Also, even allowing for a 2 minute chat with the doorman as Corrie left Flex, it's not 15 minutes to Mama Mia, it's 5 minutes. Especially when you look at Corrie being relatively steady on his feet near the Grapes, with little fresh air or food at that point to sober him up.

I believe he was meeting someone for the first time. Someone he didn't know thoroughly enjoyed enough.

Motive I couldn't say. If he was awol he'd have surely tipped a family me member off that he was ok.

Going back to the CCTV, I am not certain that Tony's map is correct as I don't believe that there is a camera on the outside of McDonalds. In the hub, footage was only shown from Adnams, Cornhill, Greenwoods and Edmundos, there was nothing shown from McDonalds. There are 4 cameras in the car park at the back of Cornhill walk, however, to me they don't appear to be pointing directly to Short Brackland, the angles don't seem right and they appear to be fixed.
The Greenwoods camera rotates every 30 seconds over 9 positions, 2 of which point down towards the horseshoe. If the camera in Cornhill walk is fixed, then I would think it is possible to leave the horseshoe undetected.
I still think that it is possible to walk out, uncle tony has been sure right from the start that it is impossible, did they know that they might have had a dodgy car early on and that's him trying to say he never walked, went another way, IMOIMO

His brother Darroch during the Sky News interview broadcast on 19th Oct in answer to a question about whether Corrie had walked back to camp before (and I'm paraphrasing) said that Corrie had at least started the walk back to camp on previous occasions (approx 2.40 in). Presumably someone known or not on these previous occasions had stopped to give him a lift.

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/10/19/was-corrie-in-a-vehicle/

Also, Sky News interview from 3rd Oct about 7.30 in: Nicola has explained his friends couldn't have stopped Corrie going off on his own and he has a sleep before heading home, then is asked if was "in the habit of walking that route home. " N replies "Not in the habit, but yes, he had done it." Long pause, err, I'm, "Yes, he had done it."

Reporter clearly says "that route". To Honington imo.

I wonder after the marham and aldershot trouble would the military warn the personnel to be on guard when out on their own, I guess not by what corrie did that night, I don't think that this is the reason corrie is missing but would be easy pickings if that is normal, maybe the should be warned to stay safe and stick with your mates a bit more as things are at the moment you never know what isa lot might try, just a thort,

My thoughts as well. In many countries, albeit more dangerous ones than ours, military personnel are considered targets and there are very strict protocols regarding their movements off duty - for their own personal security, and for national security in general, given the type of political and other problems that can arise if a service person goes missing or gets captured. I lived in the Middle East for a while and military personnel there would never go out alone no matter what the time of day or night; all activities would be organised by the army itself, with transport and security arrangements provided. It was definitely hard for the young people involved, but it went with the territory.

I don't know about British Army and Air Force rules, but given that the British national security level is currently at 'severe' (is that correct?), one would assume that that would come with implications for the military.

I agree with you 100% that even if Corrie's disappearance has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism or politics - and there's no evidence, as far as we know, that it does - the whole episode raises a lot of questions about security and safety. The fact that Corrie is a service man also has legal and other implications for how his disappearance is investigated and reported, so however you look at it, you can't take his job out of the equation.

That's not to criticize the Air Force or anyone else involved here. No-one has done anything "wrong".

I think a lot needs to be accounted for as to how intoxicated Corrie was.
We all know if you've had a skilful you judgement and thinking is distorted. On one of the CCTVs he looks to stumble as he walks along.

I'd rule out a drugs meet. It doesn't make sense to go out drinking then wait 2 hours for a drug dealer to the turn up.

I've thought about going Awol. I struggle to grasp this theory. IF he has gone awol surely he would of tipped his parents off he's ok other than putting them through this. On that I can't see it.

I can only assume as per my post last night, that he's gone out and got drunk, then wanted a liason possibly sexually motivated, waited 2 hours for the rendezvous and I'd suspect it's gone terribly wrong from there.

Alternatively did he get into a fake cab?... It happened to me once where I jumped into what
I thought was a cab which wasn't. Luckily I got away.

Also, Sky News interview from 3rd Oct about 7.30 in: Nicola has explained his friends couldn't have stopped Corrie going off on his own and he has a sleep before heading home, then is asked if was "in the habit of walking that route home. " N replies "Not in the habit, but yes, he had done it." Long pause, err, I'm, "Yes, he had done it."

I hadn't picked up on that.

Maybe they know exactly what they're investigating.

Son tells me, Based w, England, they all were warned about being on their own whilst off the base at lunch times and after work/shift especially down town when many go in together but through the night they tend to bomb burst onto areas/places etc, of their own choice and their 'alert state' increased for a short while. (now reverted back to what it was). Even the families, leaflets through the doors of married Quarters etc, kids in play grounds on the married patch everybody was informed about it and to report anything untoward, strange cars, personnel etc.

Thanks Miss French. Lots of 'erms' there.

I believe he was meeting someone for the first time. Someone he didn't know thoroughly enjoyed enough.

Motive I couldn't say. If he was awol he'd have surely tipped a family me member off that he was ok.
I'm more thinking someone that he knows well and trusts, we don't know that he haven't been in contact or has not , IMOIMO

Agreed.

Still can't get my head around a person walking such a long distance in the night, when there are much easier options available for getting home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member