New book coming out by Paula Woodward

I agree. In most of the subjects that interest me(Reagan, Kennedy, rise and fall of Hitler, WWII in general, etc.) I like to read all the various POV. That's how you get something that most closely resembles what really happened.

I've been watching "Hunting Hitler." Really fascinating.

No apologies!!

I couldn't find the quote anywhere either. And the fruit cocktail is bogus, IMO. And the souvenir statement? Please. She'd make Lyin' Lou proud. Can I call her Perfidious Paula?

I'll stick with @$$-clown!

I've been watching "Hunting Hitler." Really fascinating.
Indeed. Hitler is one of the most fascinating leaders in world history. Many people simply consider him evil(he was) and they never dig beneath the surface to understand why he did the things he did. Maybe its because they know that to dig deeper will take them places they don't want to go as studying Hitler will reveal to you the inner depths of the human condition and let you truly understand the meaning of the banality of evil.

You also come to the understanding how easy it is for such a figure to rise. All it takes are a certain set of conditions.

I'll PM you a list of recommended documentaries and books I've read/watched.

Sorry to others for going off topic. Back to regularly scheduled Ramsey programming.....

And the fruit cocktail is bogus, IMO.
I'm not too sure about that. Yes the source is suspect and she wont be winning any truth teller of the year awards any time soon. Having said that, she did have access to police reports and I'd like to hear more about this fruit cocktail before just discounting it as bull poop.

If indeed there was fruit cocktail in her system, its a slight game changer. Not only does it change the dynamics of that pineapple clue and how much importance it may or may not play in the evening's events, it also possibly changes the timeline.

WE know BPD has been keeping lots of info secret. Fruit cocktail may be one of those things. Yeah someone will say its not in the autopsy report but I am in the small group who believes that may have been redacted.

And the souvenir statement? Please
Yeah that definitely sounds ridiculous. It has to be ridiculous due to the fact there was no intruder. Any items that could fall into the category of "souvenir" is more than likely items not seized by BPD and just remained in the house. I'm sure JOhn and Patsy both had pockets to stick things in if they wanted certain items taken from the house and Patsy had her bra to stick a few more items in. Like I've always said, they both should've been strip searched.

My thing about this pineapple/fruit cocktail conundrum is that Lou Smit never jumped on it even though he described the pineapple as a "bugaboo" for his IDI theory. Was he not aware of the dissenting report, or did he not take it seriously? He did everything he could to fit pineapple into his intruder scenario to the point it was absurd. I never read the book Smit co-authored (and it doesn't seem many people have) but I wonder now if it addresses the pineapple and possible fruit cocktail issue. It's just odd to me that in 20 years she's the only one coming out with this info. Without having read the book, my impression is that her angle here is that biased RDI cops withheld potentially exculpatory evidence from the public. But it doesn't sound like anyone on the IDI side was interested in this either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it was only a "bugaboo" for Smit because even though he was incompetent(and corrupt), he was smart enough to realize that the pineapple(or any food in the house actually) pointed towards the family, not away from them. Smit didn't like things that aimed towards John and Patsy's direction.

I have always felt too much emphasis was/is placed on the pineapple but at the same time, it cant be ignored. It's sitting right there. So are those two glasses. She has pineapple(or fruit cocktail) in her system. If it is fruit cocktail and this is where the pineapple comes from, this would mean its possible that bowl had been sitting on that table longer than previously thought. Its right next to the gingerbread houses from the 23rd party and its in a bowl similar to those used during that party. Does that mean the pineapple sat there for two days? No. It cant be ruled out though and if we do find out she had fruit cocktail that night, can it easily be sourced to the house? The Ramseys had breakfast that morning. I assume the kids might have had a snack later that day as well while John is gone. Maybe pineapple was eaten then and when she arrives home she eats some fruit cocktail(IF its true).

If she thinks fruit cocktail clears the family, she's nuts. A child can just as easily take a few bites of fruit cocktail at home as they can pineapple.

I shop at Safeway often. They have these containers of fruit that will have big chunks of pineapple, some grapes, pieces of mango, and sometimes melon. Instead of fruit cocktail, is it possible that what is in that bowl is a similar assortment but the pineapple is all that can be seen in the bowl with some small pieces of other fruit underneath it, or the other fruit already eaten first and what is left in the bowl is the pineapple?

Assorted fruit in her system doesn't mean it had to be a can of fruit cocktail. Maybe it was one of those fruit cups dumped into a bowl.

I don't recall fruit cocktail having pineapple in it anyway. Peaches, pairs, grapes, and cherries, but no pineapple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certain brands have some pineapple. I was never very fond of fruit cocktail anyways. They put way too many pears in it for my liking. Usually only a few cherries in it although nowadays a few brands do add more.

https://cherokeeranch.org/special-events/

Jonbenet Ramsey~We Have Your Daughter~Exclusive with Paula Woodward LIVE Q&A Thursday, August 10, 2017 6:30 PM
Cherokee Ranch, Sedalia, CO

When: Thursday, Aug 10, 2017 6:30 PM (Doors open at 5:30 PM) Ticket Price: $35.00
Door Time: 5:30 PM

Who Did It? It's been twenty years since six year old Jonbenet Ramsey was murdered in Boulder, Colorado.
Cherokee Ranch & Castle Foundation is honored to host an exclusive interactive speaking engagement with Paula Woodward, the Emmy award winning investigative journalist, and author of 'We Have Your Daughter'. This unprecedented, enlightening and chilling presentation will be followed by a Q&A, and book signing.

https://cherokeeranch.org/special-events/

Jonbenet Ramsey~We Have Your Daughter~Exclusive with Paula Woodward LIVE Q&A Thursday, August 10, 2017 6:30 PM
Cherokee Ranch, Sedalia, CO

When: Thursday, Aug 10, 2017 6:30 PM (Doors open at 5:30 PM) Ticket Price: $35.00
Door Time: 5:30 PM

Who Did It? It's been twenty years since six year old Jonbenet Ramsey was murdered in Boulder, Colorado.
Cherokee Ranch & Castle Foundation is honored to host an exclusive interactive speaking engagement with Paula Woodward, the Emmy award winning investigative journalist, and author of 'We Have Your Daughter'. This unprecedented, enlightening and chilling presentation will be followed by a Q&A, and book signing.

Tadpole12,
$35.00 to hear her yada, yada on stuff we already know about, hope she flings in a copy of her book so we can understand where she is coming from?

The thing about the pineapple is not whether its fresh or canned including cherries or pears, it's that it's there at all, Especially it's location in her digestive tract, e.g. above everything else.

Demonstrate this as fact and you break the Ramsey version of events, how difficult is that?

http://www.wehaveyourdaughter.net/dna-evidence/2017/3/2/gq2q172ev5vgpu1yaf9earizliw8ax

PW's take on
DNA DISCUSSIONS:
Febuary 28th, 2017

"This information does not include the new questioning of the accuracy of the DNA. The current Boulder District Attorney Stan Garnett plans to retest the JonBenét DNA in 2017 when new DNA technology is available for his use. He says it’s part of the routine review on cold cases. That might reveal new information on the JonBenét DNA for all of us to be able to absorb."

I got this book over the weekend. It has been a real struggle to read it. I think I am about 20 percent into it. PW's bias is so obvious.

Is anyone else having a struggle to read this?

TIA for your thoughts.

Haven't read it but this book seems to have influenced a new generation of Redditors that the Rams are innocent & there really was an intruder & they're all just victims of Mayberry police & a cruel media. o_O It's frustrating because I'm too rusty on this case to refute their obviously superficial/weak arguments, yet they're so obviously WRONG! It's a shame someone so biased & not even involved in forensics, law enforcement or really any relevant field is having such an effect on public opinion.

Younger people are too far removed from the actual event to recall what it was like when these two were in the media daily peddling their crap. It was all about making themselves look good...as if they were on a PR campaign (they did hire a public relations person). Oh, and then John did run for public office in 2004! It was always about the Ramsey name; not about Jonbenet or finding the true killers.

I'm not one to judge how people mourn a deceased loved one, but this isn't that. When you try to take a plane out of state while your dead daughter's corpse is sitting in the living room floor, that's not about grieving styles but about fleeing a crime scene. Sorry, Paula!

Page 307: The Baseball Bat

'Clarifications Paula Woodward September 16, 2016

"Page 307: The Baseball Bat

Page 307 re: the baseball bat, which was considered a possible weapon when JonBenét was hit in the head:
“John, Patsy and Burke all said the bat didn’t belong to them.”

From Paula: The sources for that information were: a Ramsey attorney investigator’s report and a conversation with John. I was unable to find any BPD reports on the bat. At the time, I wrote it, Burke was not available to be interviewed. On his Dr. Phil television interview on Tuesday, September 13th, Burke clarified: “It was my bat. I left it outside a lot.” So, it was Burke’s bat and found outside. Posted Thursday, September 15, 2016."

Page 307 re: the baseball bat, which was considered a possible weapon when JonBenét was hit in the head:

From Paula: The sources for that information were: a Ramsey attorney investigator’s report and a conversation with John. I was unable to find any BPD reports on the bat. At the time, I wrote it, Burke was not available to be interviewed. On his Dr. Phil television interview on Tuesday, September 13th, Burke clarified: “It was my bat. I left it outside a lot.” So, it was Burke’s bat and found outside. Posted Thursday, September 15, 2016."
Well, perhaps Paula should of did her homework and read through the official BPD interviews with John, Patsy, and Burke. There is plenty of information on the bat(s) in those interviews. Including, all of their denials and half truths. Team Ramsey actually got Carnes to sign off on her order, that the bat did not belong to any Ramsey, and it became a SMF. The Ramseys also have in their complaint against CBS that the bat did not belong to them and site the same SMF.

I have seen a US documentary about memories and how you can tweak someone memories that "(s)he does not like scrambled eggs".

I would not put much believe in a "memory" of the 9 yo kid.

I have my own memories I am not able to distinguish between reality and a dream.

Tadpole12,
On his Dr. Phil television interview on Tuesday, September 13th, Burke clarified: “It was my bat. I left it outside a lot.”
The Ramsey strategy has always been deny whatever can be be plausibly denied then attribute that to a potential intruder, i.e smoke and mirrors.

What BR is saying on Dr Phil is in response to what the Ramsey's had viewed in the CBS three parts, so its not rocket science to factor in the bat.

Still BR has clarified he went back downstairs after other family members had retired to their bedrooms, that he received a bike for Christmas, and that the bat was his, but he left the flashlight question hanging, curious that, particularly after JR saying he took it upstairs, and he will not be around for ever to confirm this.

Notably the Dr. Phil show is not the Court Room so BR is at liberty to refresh his memory and account of events at any time in the future.

In the Police interviews and other sources of information:

"Burke was leaving his bat(s) outside"

"Burke most likely had no metal bat" - not from his parents.

Did he at least know how the bat looked like?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back