CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

For a person to be attacked by a wild animal, I'm sure there would have been evidence to that effect (blood, hair, paw prints, signs of a struggle).

Do we know if LE brought K9s in to search for Madison?
Yes, very shortly after it was discovered she was missing.

Fribjon Bjornson disappeared just two days after meeting with law enforcement & passing a polygraph regarding Madison's disappearance. I understand RCMP has reported they have no evidence connecting his case (disappearance/death) with Madison's disappearance, but... it seems quite a coincidence. I haven't followed the trial, but does anyone else think Bjornson possibly knew his killers before he partied with them the night of his death?? Could any of Bjornson's killers have been the Hogsback Lake party the night Madison was last seen??

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/fribjon-bjornson-murder-near-fort-st-james-1.3743221
Grisly northern murder mystery ends with 2 guilty pleas

Severed head of young father Fribjon Bjornson found weeks after he disappeared in 2012

By Betsy Trumpener, CBC News Posted: Aug 31, 2016
attachment.php

What happened to Bjornson has always been a mystery.
In 2012, Bjornson's parents told CBC their son struggled with a cocaine addiction.

The truth may finally be revealed when the men who pleaded guilty to Bjornson's murder return to court for sentencing.

Both men are known to police.
hi-bc-121017-fribjon-bjornson-2.jpg

Duncan had previous convictions for impaired driving, theft and assault.

Bird had been convicted of possession of stolen property and theft.
Bird was one of three men charged — but later acquitted — after a 2008 gunfight in which 40 shots were fired in broad daylight on a downtown street corner in Prince George.
A man and a woman are still facing charges, including indignity to human remains and accessory after the fact in the Bjornson murder case,
rbbm.

Attachments

• si-bc-121017-fribjon-bjornson-rcmp.jpg
    si-bc-121017-fribjon-bjornson-rcmp.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 169
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/fribjon-bjornson-murder-near-fort-st-james-1.3743221
Grisly northern murder mystery ends with 2 guilty pleas

Severed head of young father Fribjon Bjornson found weeks after he disappeared in 2012

By Betsy Trumpener, CBC News Posted: Aug 31, 2016
attachment.php

hi-bc-121017-fribjon-bjornson-2.jpg

rbbm.

More about the murder of Madison's friend, Fribjon, snipped from an October 2012 article...
...Fears of a violent gang are keeping some northern B.C. residents from sharing information about the torture and decapitation of a young man following a party last winter, CBC News has learned.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...de-witnesses-silenced-by-gang-fears-1.1202737

"A surprise guilty plea has resulted in the cancellation of a murder trial that was scheduled to begin in Prince George later this month.

It could also mean the details of Fribjon Bjornson’s death may never be divulged publicly."

http://www.haidagwaiiobserver.com/news/392044611.html

Should I assume the public may never know if a relationship existed between Fribjon and his killers before he was attacked??

'Curious if there was any "unknown" DNA collected from Madison's tent and/or belongings... anyone know?

She disappeared during the night, she did not disappear the next day. If she woke up at the campsite on Saturday, she would have called her family or friends. She would have been all alone and bored. Her purpose in going camping was to have some fun with her friend, but her friend had already gone home. Maddy would have wanted to go home Saturday. Her friends who stopped by the campsite Saturday morning did not see her there. They said she might have been asleep in her tent, but it's just as likely she wasn't there at all.

She did not die by an accident that she caused. She was too drunk to have wandered far on foot. If she fell and hurt herself, or fell in the lake and drowned, her body would have been found within a couple hundred yards of the campsite, but they've already searched there thoroughly.

During the night, after all the other party people had left, Maddy was all alone in her tent. Someone saw she would be alone, waited for everyone else to leave, then went back to the campsite to get her. They forced her into their car and drove away. Then, they raped and murdered her. They left her body somewhere far from the campsite.

Alternatively, she may have agreed to get in the car with some man, believing he was trustworthy. She was drunk and making bad decisions. That person drove her far away, then raped and murdered her.

She's dead, or she would have gone home by now. It's most likely that the person who did this was someone who was at the party. They should especially look at the very last people to have left the party. This was a spur-of-the-moment violent act. It was not premeditated. No one knew until late that night that Maddy was going to be all alone at the campsite. No one but her close friends and family knew she was going camping, and those people thought she was going to have a friend with her.

Still puzzled as to why Madison's rings and earrings were left behind, apparently outside a disheveled tent and her purse and backpack found safely locked in her trunk, but her phone missing.
Why would she, or anyone else, remove jewellery and leave it behind? Why leave it outside the tent, when they could have been tossed inside it?
Unless after leaving, or forced to leave, creating the mess, whoever removed the items returned to the tent and tossed them in that direction as an after thought?
Almost seems like it was out of " consideration" for her family.
speculation, imo.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/48-hours-explores-the-mysteries-and-murders-along-the-highway-of-tears/
Dawn and Eldon found Maddy's purse and backpack inside her locked truck, but her phone was missing.

"She doesn't go anywhere without her purse or you know, her personal belongings," Dawn told Van Sant.
"So at what point does panic set in?"
"Immediately," she said.

By 10 the following morning, Bolduc was feeling guilty about leaving Maddy alone. She returned to the lake to help her pack up.

"And then I got there and there was no Maddy. And I looked around ... checked the place. I was like, 'Oh maybe she's in her truck,'" she said.
Jordy Bolduc noticed that the tent was a mess.
"The door was wide open," she recalled. "The blankets and everything were pushed to the side. Her rings were outside ... she never takes off her rings... there are rings on the ground and earrings, wooden on the ground ... and I was like 'Whoa.' ... It was just like 'Where's Maddy?'"

That is hard to explain, the rings and earrings on the ground. Maybe she took them off, thinking it was time for bed, and then carelessly dropped them on the ground because she was drunk? Maybe they were not her rings and earrings, but belonged to someone else who had been at the party?

Now, the purse and backpack and phone are easy to explain. Once a lot of people started showing up at the party, she probably worried that someone would steal her purse and backpack, so she locked them in her trunk. The phone, she probably kept it in her pocket and still had it on her when she was kidnapped.

The tent was left wide open and all the stuff inside pushed to the side because someone had dragged her out of it.

I agree that the fact that purse and backpack were in the trunk is not suspicious.

I am not ready to assume that she was kidnapped. It is normal to push everything to one side of a tent to make sleeping space.

While she may have been abducted, it is possible that she went into the woods to relieve herself, got lost, panicked, and got more lost. A person who is lost in the woods and panicking could cover many miles quickly, drunk or not.

That said, her connection to someone who was murdered within days of her disappearance does make me lean towards foul play.

If she had gotten lost in the woods, she was right

next to the lake, so she could have used the lake as

a frame of reference to get back to the campsite or

at least get herself out in the open where she could

be seen. Also, she had her celphone with her, and

it didn't shut off until Sunday.

The thing that makes me most suspicious it was a

rape/murder is that when her friend Jordy Bolduc

left the campsite at 1 am, she was the last of

Maddy's friends to leave, and the only people

remaining were Maddy and five people who Jordy said

were strangers. It sounds like these strangers were

the same people who started the fight that had

knocked Jordy into the fire a few minutes before she

left.

The following are some quotes from this article

about the disappearance:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/48-hours-explores-the-

mysteries-and-murders-along-the-highway-of-tears/

Word had spread (about the party) online. "It was

posted on Facebook, so that's how everybody found

out and went to Hogsback. Big party," said Bolduc.

Asked if there were strangers at the party, Bolduc

told Van Sant, "I know most of them, but the people

that came at the very end of the party, I did not

know. I had no idea who they were."

At one point, the party got a bit rough. "People got

up and started a fight behind me and I bounced into

the fire," she explained.

Jordy Bolduc was injured, so her boyfriend carried

her to his truck and told Maddy they were leaving.

"What did she say to you?" Van Sant asked.

"She was just like shocked," Bolduc replied. "She's

like, 'Really, you're going?' and I was like, 'Yeah,

I'm going.' And she kinda begged me and then I was

like, 'Well, you can come with us ... and she said

no ... she wanted just to stay there with her tent

for it to be safe."

"Did she tell you she thought it would be safe?"

"Yeah, she said she thought it would be fine," said

Bolduc.

"What time did you leave the party?" Van Sant asked.

"Hmmmm, I left around 1 [a.m.]," she said.

Investigators have focused a lot of attention on

Bolduc and the last people to leave the party.

"Common sense dictates that Jordy was a suspect. She

was one of the last people ... who spoke with

Maddy," said Sgt. Ken Floyd of the RCMP.

"I was probably talked to every single day for three

months," Bolduc explained. "I went in for like two

polygraphs."

"And the result?" Van Sant asked.

"They said I aced it. I aced the polygraph," she

replied in a whisper.

"Jordy is no longer a suspect," said Constable Tom

Wamsteeker of the RCMP.

(Although the police said they questioned everyone

at the party, I don't see how they could have known

who those very last people at the party were because

they were strangers. Jordy and her friends would

not have known their names.)

If she had gotten lost in the woods, she was right

next to the lake, so she could have used the lake as

a frame of reference to get back to the campsite or

at least get herself out in the open where she could

be seen. Also, she had her celphone with her, and

it didn't shut off until Sunday.

The thing that makes me most suspicious it was a

rape/murder is that when her friend Jordy Bolduc

left the campsite at 1 am, she was the last of

Maddy's friends to leave, and the only people

remaining were Maddy and five people who Jordy said

were strangers. It sounds like these strangers were

the same people who started the fight that had

knocked Jordy into the fire a few minutes before she

left.

The following are some quotes from this article

about the disappearance:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/48-hours-explores-the-

mysteries-and-murders-along-the-highway-of-tears/

Word had spread (about the party) online. "It was

posted on Facebook, so that's how everybody found

out and went to Hogsback. Big party," said Bolduc.

Asked if there were strangers at the party, Bolduc

told Van Sant, "I know most of them, but the people

that came at the very end of the party, I did not

know. I had no idea who they were."

At one point, the party got a bit rough. "People got

up and started a fight behind me and I bounced into

the fire," she explained.

Jordy Bolduc was injured, so her boyfriend carried

her to his truck and told Maddy they were leaving.

"What did she say to you?" Van Sant asked.

"She was just like shocked," Bolduc replied. "She's

like, 'Really, you're going?' and I was like, 'Yeah,

I'm going.' And she kinda begged me and then I was

like, 'Well, you can come with us ... and she said

no ... she wanted just to stay there with her tent

for it to be safe."

"Did she tell you she thought it would be safe?"

"Yeah, she said she thought it would be fine," said

Bolduc.

"What time did you leave the party?" Van Sant asked.

"Hmmmm, I left around 1 [a.m.]," she said.

Investigators have focused a lot of attention on

Bolduc and the last people to leave the party.

"Common sense dictates that Jordy was a suspect. She

was one of the last people ... who spoke with

Maddy," said Sgt. Ken Floyd of the RCMP.

"I was probably talked to every single day for three

months," Bolduc explained. "I went in for like two

polygraphs."

"And the result?" Van Sant asked.

"They said I aced it. I aced the polygraph," she

replied in a whisper.

"Jordy is no longer a suspect," said Constable Tom

Wamsteeker of the RCMP.

(Although the police said they questioned everyone

at the party, I don't see how they could have known

who those very last people at the party were because

they were strangers. Jordy and her friends would

not have known their names.)

I have never read anything about the cell pings or anything. The phone was shut off or the battery ran out on Sunday, I wonder where it may have travelled from Friday night to Sunday when it was turned off/went dead.

Does anyone have any info on Maddy's cel phone?

Canada’s most dangerous city: Prince George
Gang wars, drug abuse and a serial killer guaranteed Prince George, B.C., the top spot
December 15, 2011

Read more: http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/crime-most-dangerous-cities/

Quoting myself as a reminder...

Human trafficking alleged against local man and woman
October 14, 2016
http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...alleged-against-local-man-and-woman-1.2365710

Where are you Madison???????????????

Still puzzled as to why Madison's rings and earrings were left behind, apparently outside a disheveled tent and her purse and backpack found safely locked in her trunk, but her phone missing.
Why would she, or anyone else, remove jewellery and leave it behind? Why leave it outside the tent, when they could have been tossed inside it?
Unless after leaving, or forced to leave, creating the mess, whoever removed the items returned to the tent and tossed them in that direction as an after thought?
Almost seems like it was out of " consideration" for her family.
speculation, imo.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/48-hours-explores-the-mysteries-and-murders-along-the-highway-of-tears/

I would really like to see how the jewelry was positioned/found because IMO that would tell us a lot.

I do think it's very possible Maddie left the jewelry behind intentionally as something for her family to have of hers. Like, a keepsake. I remember a story on 'I Survived' detailed how a madman got into a woman's car and she put her ring near the carseat for her family to find because she thought she was going to die and wanted them to have something left of her. Also a way to say 'hey, I was here. I existed and was taken from this place.' It gives confirmation that she was actually there.

The other possibility is that the abductor tossed the jewelry because he was afraid a metal detector would find Maddi's body or something but if so why would he leave them in such a visible place? You would think he'd toss them in the lake or something. And actually thinking more about this that doesn't make much sense because he could toss them somewhere very remote away from the abduction site.

I suppose it also is possible that the abductor left them for her family. But is someone who abducted a girl really thinking about her family in the moment he's abducting her? And does it really make sense from a captor's perspective to leave anything behind? Something that could have your fingerprints?

So I'm actually leaning towards Maddi leaving the jewelry herself & probably being taken at gunpoint/knowing what her fate probably was.

I would really like to see how the jewelry was positioned/found because IMO that would tell us a lot.

I do think it's very possible Maddie left the jewelry behind intentionally as something for her family to have of hers. Like, a keepsake. I remember a story on 'I Survived' detailed how a madman got into a woman's car and she put her ring near the carseat for her family to find because she thought she was going to die and wanted them to have something left of her. Also a way to say 'hey, I was here. I existed and was taken from this place.' It gives confirmation that she was actually there.

The other possibility is that the abductor tossed the jewelry because he was afraid a metal detector would find Maddi's body or something but if so why would he leave them in such a visible place? You would think he'd toss them in the lake or something. And actually thinking more about this that doesn't make much sense because he could toss them somewhere very remote away from the abduction site.

I suppose it also is possible that the abductor left them for her family. But is someone who abducted a girl really thinking about her family in the moment he's abducting her? And does it really make sense from a captor's perspective to leave anything behind? Something that could have your fingerprints?

So I'm actually leaning towards Maddi leaving the jewelry herself & probably being taken at gunpoint/knowing what her fate probably was.

Madison's mother said the jewelry was found at the entrance of the tent. And this was costume jewelry, not anything special. She also said that Maddy frequently left things/jewelry all over the house. She's just forgetful like that. Maddy's mom doesn't feel like this is a clue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back