Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #7 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charged over a 1988 attack in huntingdale. 18 year old girl in her home

Bart based on what was discussed in the major thread I'd like to know if he was Telstra (Telecom) worker and if he was familiar with the site because of his work

I feel for the daughter. By all accounts she seems very outgoing and an active member of several communities. Another victim :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100%. Another similarity to BTK.

The biggest surprise for me is that he's not a local. He travelled a fair distance to his abduction patch. Maybe he was doing work locally at the time?

By local you mean to Claremont area? Not really that far from Kewdale to Claremont. Like you said, he could have worked there. Wonder what his jobs were at the time/currently.

Yes, worked/works for Telstra.

Would match vehicle fibres because Telstra used Commodores back then and still do.

Ok so BE has been charged for the following:

Ciara Glennon murder 1997
Jane Rimmer murder 1996
Karrakatta rape 17 year old 1995
Huntingdale rape 18 year old 1988

Hasnt been charged for Cutler or Spiers yet

Anyone think the Huntingdale attack may have broken the case?

I just want to say good work to the people in this thread who did a boatload of research on the Telstra vehicles and matching car models with fabric types. You were definitely on the right track and got things narrowed down quite well.

"Investigations into the disappearance of SS as well as other incidents are ongoing"

Or words to that effect.

There must be more.

Appearing in Court today.

How will he plead??

The biggest surprise for me is that he's not a local. He travelled a fair distance to his abduction patch. Maybe he was doing work locally at the time?

Maybe he lived in the Western Suburbs in his earlier life and moved to Kewdale later on? Real estate records show the house was sold in 2000. Maybe that was when he went from renting in the west to owning in Kewdale. I imagine the average Telstra worker probably couldn’t afford a place in Claremont.

His last name is very common, but when I was searching for traces of him online a few links to cemetery plots in Karrakatta for people with the same name came up- and I was only searching for his name + Claremont. Could be he has relatives buried there or it could be coincidence given the number of people in the world with the same last name.

So what exactly is the next course of action. Does he enter a plea and go from there? Guilty gets charged. Not guilty goes to trial?

I too would be interested in the printing ink side of the investigation.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So what exactly is the next course of action. Does he enter a plea and go from there? Guilty gets charged. Not guilty goes to trial?

I too would be interested in the printing ink side of the investigation.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"When a criminal offence occurs, or a civil dispute arises, these are the procedures that lead to a court case:

Criminal matters

In the case of a criminal offence, the accused is arrested and taken to a police station where the charge is explained and a formal written charge is made.

The alternative is that the accused is summonsed by police to attend court to answer the charge or charges.

Usually, the arrested person is released on bail, which is an undertaking/agreement to attend court on a certain day at a given time. For the most serious offences, the arrested person may be kept in custody....
The accused receives a document requiring his or her attendance at court, which also provides information as to the alleged offence.
A date is set for the court attendance and the accused person will be requested to plead ‘guilty’ or ‘not guilty’.
If a person needs legal help before being able to plead, the case is adjourned to a later date.
If the accused pleads guilty, the magistrate will deal with the matter. If the plea is not guilty, a trial date is set and trial preparations begin."

From the W.A Courts site.

"When a criminal offence occurs, or a civil dispute arises, these are the procedures that lead to a court case:

Criminal matters

In the case of a criminal offence, the accused is arrested and taken to a police station where the charge is explained and a formal written charge is made.

The alternative is that the accused is summonsed by police to attend court to answer the charge or charges.

Usually, the arrested person is released on bail, which is an undertaking/agreement to attend court on a certain day at a given time. For the most serious offences, the arrested person may be kept in custody....
The accused receives a document requiring his or her attendance at court, which also provides information as to the alleged offence.
A date is set for the court attendance and the accused person will be requested to plead ‘guilty’ or ‘not guilty’.
If a person needs legal help before being able to plead, the case is adjourned to a later date.
If the accused pleads guilty, the magistrate will deal with the matter. If the plea is not guilty, a trial date is set and trial preparations begin."

From the W.A Courts site.

I'm calling that he pleads guilty.

Sentencing set for mid 2017

this grub was chief starter at belmont little athletics
lets hope he gets a warm christmas welcome from all the boys at the hotel casuarina,
when he gets there

I just want to say good work to the people in this thread who did a boatload of research on the Telstra vehicles and matching car models with fabric types. You were definitely on the right track and got things narrowed down quite well.

ho ho ho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member