Searching for Anna

Happy birthday. Hope we find you soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having thoughts of Anna randomly popping into my head recently.

Thought I'd check the board for any updates and just to tell Annasmom that I'm thinking of Anna and of all those who love her. :hug:

Waiting for the AncestryDNA results...several people bought the book Searching for Anna on her birthday this year, so we have some continued awareness out there. Thanks so much for your good wishes.

Ancestry came up with a fascinating ethnic profile and hundreds of cousins, including two of my first cousins, so I'm really glad you all encouraged me to do this. I know it's a far stretch to think that Anna would do the DNA, but it's something...

Ancestry came up with a fascinating ethnic profile and hundreds of cousins, including two of my first cousins, so I'm really glad you all encouraged me to do this. I know it's a far stretch to think that Anna would do the DNA, but it's something...

Thank you for the update. I'm so glad you are getting interesting results. Even if it is a far stretch, there is always the possibility a child of Anna's might one day search and the ancestry pages might be easier to find than finding us here at WS.

Posted in the dreams section but hardly anyone saw my post what about the William c lead was he ever officially ruled out if not would you be open to having that looked into again

Posted in the dreams section but hardly anyone saw my post what about the William c lead was he ever officially ruled out if not would you be open to having that looked into again

Smile22, could you jog my memory about William C? The name doesn't ring a bell.

A women came forward and said she saw Anna with a man it has been so long since he was mentioned I forgot most of it

Maybe someone else who remembers more can chime in

This is from the other thread

At one point someone came forward and said they thought they saw Anna with a man called William c he was collecting rent for his tenants or someone was collecting rent from him. I also think this William was also involved with law like he was in trouble for things
Doogie would know more about it as my info is hazy at best

I've read about a rent story, where a woman said she saw Anna with a man years ago. He came by to pay her father, but he wasn't there. and then that man went into another room - which was weird to me - and supposed Anna had said that she's Anna and that he couldn't conceive so they took Anna or something?? And then that man said something weird I can't remember.

Is that William C?

I've read about a rent story, where a woman said she saw Anna with a man years ago. He came by to pay her father, but he wasn't there. and then that man went into another room - which was weird to me - and supposed Anna had said that she's Anna and that he couldn't conceive so they took Anna or something?? And then that man said something weird I can't remember.

Is that William C?

Yes that is him I don't think we fully ruled him out but what I don't understand is if she said her name is Anna wouldn't she have googled her first name missing and somehow found Anna waters info and then made contact with Anna's family years later.

My theory she knew she was not theres and was told she was adopted she's searching but her stolen family has fed her lies and her memories of before she was taken were suppressed

IIRC Annas mom and Sherlockjr spoke with the girl who thought William C had a child with him who resembled Anna. From what I recall the info was too vague to dig any deeper. There just wasn't enough information to do any additional research.

hth

IIRC Annas mom and Sherlockjr spoke with the girl who thought William C had a child with him who resembled Anna. From what I recall the info was too vague to dig any deeper. There just wasn't enough information to do any additional research.

hth
SherlockJr
and I did quite a lot of checking on this story and came to the conclusion that it was probably unreliable. The woman came forth after the local newspaper printed a story about Anna and some of the facts that initially seemed interesting were common knowledge at that point. The woman who reported it had been ill and was taking some medication. I actually listened in on a phone conversation Sherlock had with her. We decided that it was just another false lead, but that was only after Sherlock tried to follow up on it in several ways. Police did not think the story was verifiable, and neither did one of the woman's relatives.

The story had a lot of weird elements. At least to me.

Thanks for the clerificatiom back up square one again

Trying to brainstorm some out of the box ideas for searching but I can't think of anything. Driving into work the other day Anna's song came on the radio and I said to myself 2017 is
The year she will be reunited with her family I feel it's a sign.

Trying to brainstorm some out of the box ideas for searching but I can't think of anything. Driving into work the other day Anna's song came on the radio and I said to myself 2017 is
The year she will be reunited with her family I feel it's a sign.

Smile, you may be the only long-time WebSleuther who still posts here, and it always gives me a lift to read your words.

Tomorrow it will be 44 years since my daughter Anna disappeared from our home south of Half Moon Bay, California. It has been an amazing journey. Searching for Anna has brought me into contact with remarkable and good-hearted people from all over the western world, people I would never have known under other circumstances. An astonishing amount of skill, talent and ingenuity has gone into the attempt to find Anna.

We have given up so many times. Every time we decided that we had tried everything, that there was nowhere else to look, some new angle would crop up or some new person with new ideas would appear and offer to help. Lots of people DID give up along the way and decided that there was no point in looking any further. Some of them made up their minds as to what had happened to Anna, in the absence of the slightest clue. Others decided, I think, that I was crazy to continue to expect some kind of answer. But there have always been a few people who, like myself, refused to make an opinion into an answer.

I will always be grateful to you. Thank you, thank you so very much.

Here's what's new: A technical wizard from Europe has created a new web page, Searching for Anna.net, in place of the old page which is now unavailable. She has posted photos, links, and the history of Anna's case in a way that makes it much easier to grasp the whole picture. Several WebSleuthers suggested I have a DNA test at one of the genealogical sites. Some surprising family stories have come from this service. In the case that Anna is still alive and wanted to look for relatives, she might somehow do the same and we would be put in contact. It's a stretch...but it's something, and so I have done this through Ancestry.

Miracles happen. I am not necessarily expecting a miracle, but I don't want to rule it out either. So once again, thank you all for your support, your efforts, your ideas, and for the hope and understanding you have always given me.

Annasmom

I will never give up on Anna until we find the answers we're looking for. I may temporarily run out of ideas, but will never give up. The answer IS out there somewhere and someday we'll find it.

Thinking about Anna today and hoping she feels how much she is loved and missed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back