Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The three men who saw CG said she leaned over and had a fair discussion with who we suspect may be the CSK>>> this also indicates its most likely there was only 1 person in the car visible to her, i.e. nobody in the passenger seat or you don't lean over.

If he has a gun or a knife she does not lean into the window and have a discussion, she either instantly follows his orders or runs/screams

It's more likely he said I am headed to perhaps the cottesloe exchange to fix some phone lines, emergency call-out, I can give you a lift.
Cottesloe borders mosman park for a long distance, its a very plausible reasoning.

The thing is.... I am assuming had he gone with the soft approach he MUST have tried this on others girls that said no thanks and then he would drive off.

Have to disagree with you about using computer building as a gauge of high intelligence.
It’s pretty much like putting together a lego set.
I’ve been building computers since I was a teenager, and it would be trivial for someone working in any sort of technical field.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that he was volunteering to get close to and photograph young girls?

It's been raised already that he was the official photographer for the LAC

I agree with the part about computer building. It really is just like Lego. Any idiot can do it. I have known many people of sub normal intelligence who could put computers together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Could or actually do? I'm talking ordering correctly specced parts, installing RAM, setting up hard drives, without any formal instruction. Yes I build my own machines so it's simple to me but this guy is not from a generation that grew up with this.
I am talking sub 100 IQ people building gaming machines.
I suspect he is above 100 maybe 110, nothing to indicate that its higher than 110.

I look at the home made starter air horn?? they use at the LAC on the trolley, are we to assume he constructed this? It looks very homemade.

People looking for an example of BE's writing style can check http://www.blac.asn.au/add_files/club_portal/reports/report2009.pdf Its the 2009 annual report for BLAC. He appears to be the author of both Presidents report and Registrars report within that document.
In my purely layman's opinion this does not read to me as someone of below average intelligence(sub 100 IQ), but nor is rich in a vast vocabulary.
I am sure an expert could provide considerable more insight.

Just another thought.

BE, his partner and also stepdaughter all appear to have become WCE members in 1998.

source: https://membership.westcoasteagles.com.au/sites/default/files/eagles/pdf-353520-year-members.pdf

So, working on the assumption that they purchased these tickets as a collective, BE may have already been in a long term relationship at the start of the 1998 AFL season. Agreeing to purchase season memberships together is a pretty big step in a relationship and normally something that 'families' do. This is only one year after the disappearance of CG. So maybe they were already together during at least the 3 abductions and murders?

I am sure WAPOL have been questioning her very intensely to find out what she knows.

Just another thought.

BE, his partner and also stepdaughter all appear to have become WCE members in 1998.

source: https://membership.westcoasteagles.com.au/sites/default/files/eagles/pdf-353520-year-members.pdf

So, working on the assumption that they purchased these tickets as a collective, BE may have already been in a long term relationship at the start of the 1998 AFL season. Agreeing to purchase season memberships together is a pretty big step in a relationship and normally something that 'families' do. This is only one year after the disappearance of CG. So maybe they were already together during at least the 3 abductions and murders?

I am sure WAPOL have been questioning her very intensely to find out what she knows.

Great pickup.
You don't buy a membership if you are not serious.
I wonder if he has done something post-breakup to put him on the radar.

CG was fully aware of the CSK existence also. This is another furphy that gets thrown around, her mother 100% talked to her about it.
How did he get them to hop in and not scream?? This is why the taxi theory made so much sense.

once they sit in car, stun gun/knifsimilariliar and he is in full control
Maybe the girls were wary of taxi drivers. I'm thinking if I was in the area at the time and police are interviewing taxi drivers in relation to disappearances...maybe a stranger offering a lift in a non taxi vehicle could seem a safer option!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I dont think this man is an idiot. I also dont believe hes a genius either. He seems to me to be pretty average and normal seeming in most aspects...and thats worrying.
Definite darker humor from the little I have seen though.
I dont agree he was a pervert towards the kids. Someone surely would have noticed something odd after all these years.
I think he was there for his stepdaughter then just continued on after as he had some respect and authority and it fitted with his being normal charade

As do I and I'm on record many times as this.

Deb Marshall quotes a police detective or one of the liaison officers as stating the girls weren't sexually assaulted. I queried this in my own mind at the time as apparently the bodies were so decomposed that identity was only achievable via teeth and DNA samples so how would they definitively know this? Also, the previous crimes he's been charged with suggest he is a sexual predator motivated by lust so why would he go to all the trouble of abducting, potentially holding captive, and then murdering and disposing of the women if not to sexually assault them. I know the kill itself is sometimes the sexual gratification that the killer requires so there is that possibility but the brutality of the karrakata rape would suggest otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32.0543 S 115.5793E refers to a location about 12km directly west of Fremantle and 5 km south east of Rottnest. Its in the water.

Lowr.GN212 refers to a particular model of Lowrance sonar GPS receiver? I am not a a gps person. Since it would seem BE is a keen fisher, it's _probably_ a location recorded for this purpose. Fisherman regularly record GPS locations so that they can return to them later.

It's actually in degrees minutes decimal seconds and is a location near gay st huntingdale/southern river.

32 05 25.8S 115 57 55.8E

Perhaps he offered to wait with them for a taxi and then blitzed them. Or perhaps he just blitzed them. He could have been hiding nearby, waiting for the opportunity to present itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Stirling highway is/was reasonably well lit, I think he got the girls to hop in, it would be fascinating to know how he picked up the girl on gugeri street, keep in mind JR may also have been taken on gugeri, gugeri has much less lighting and traffic, it's literally at absolute most 2 mins from karrakata cemetery

Deb Marshall quotes a police detective or one of the liaison officers as stating the girls weren't sexually assaulted.
I don't recall this and think I'd remember if she said this. Do you have a link by any chance?

I queried this in my own mind at the time as apparently the bodies were so decomposed that identity was only achievable via teeth and DNA samples so how would they definitively know this? Also, the previous crimes he's been charged with suggest he is a sexual predator motivated by lust so why would he go to all the trouble of abducting, potentially holding captive, and then murdering and disposing of the women if not to sexually assault them. I know the kill itself is sometimes the sexual gratification that the killer requires so there is that possibility but the brutality of the karrakata rape would suggest otherwise.

My answer to this has been posted previously.

And again - I'm on record multiple times that I believe the main motivation is sex rather than killing. There's a few reasons why a person with the intention to rape and kill wouldn't follow through with it and there's a way of being reasonably sure a rape didn't take place with a decomposed body.

I'm not going to sit here and debate it. Let's just wait for the information to come out.

I don't recall this and think I'd remember if she said this. Do you have a link by any chance?

My answer to this has been posted previously.

And again - I'm on record multiple times that I believe the main motivation is sex rather than killing. There's a few reasons why a person with the intention to rape and kill wouldn't follow through with it and there's a way of being reasonably sure a rape didn't take place with a decomposed body.

I'm not going to sit here and debate it. Let's just wait for the information to come out.

Yeah well she did. It's in her book just after the body of Jane was found <modsnip>

Maybe the girls were wary of taxi drivers. I'm thinking if I was in the area at the time and police are interviewing taxi drivers in relation to disappearances...maybe a stranger offering a lift in a non taxi vehicle could seem a safer option!

No doubt, taxi drivers were the prime suspects at the time, he may even have said, look you need to get off the road its not safe out here with these rogue taxis.
I suspect he was reasonably passive and if the girls said no he played it very cool to not cause them to approach authorities about the encounter, but I have little doubt some girls have been approached by this guy and told him no and he has said ok no worries.

Once they are in the car its game over. I suspect the cemetery assault recount is vital to fill in the blanks of what probably happened.

I just asked my father about Telstra in the 90's and he said that exchanges, even the small, suburban ones were only accessible to staff who worked there. Most exchanges only had a few staff. Most technicians never went to an exchange - they received their jobs via a remote office.

For those few staff authorised to access an exchange, access was via keypad and all entrances were logged electronically at a central base. I didn't get to ask whether there were cameras installed at these exchanges as Mum didn't want talk of such dark things on Christmas Day but I would doubt there were cameras in those days.

To tap a phone from the street one would need to access a pillar (not a pit) and know which two cables to locate. This would take knowledge and time as there are many cables in a phone pillar.

Dad was scathing of the idea that BE might have tapped a 'phone box. He doesn't believe the young techs were well trained enough by the 80's and '90's to know which pair of cables to locate. By the 90's Telstra was being privatised and training was going by the wayside, in his view.

Not many Telstra techs worked at night, not even in the telephone exchanges which were all automatic by then and in my youth (70's and 80's) I don't believe my father ever did night shifts. He did work in exchanges as he was a Supervising Technical Officer.

As an adult, I've only ever seen Telstra techs on the street working in the daylight hours.

Dad tends to think the CSK used quiet, open areas like the Karrakatta Cemetary to do his nasty deeds in and I tend to agree.

I think CSK was responsible for the abandoned Lakeway Drive-In attack (even though it was not reported to police, I have no reason to doubt it occured).

There were so many quiet, dark, remote spaces out that way that he could have taken his victims to...Karrakatta Cemetary, Lakeway Drive-in, the Fremantle wharf area (massive car-parks around there)...beach sand dunes.

Make of this info what you will. Just my opinion, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa