George Michael Dies

In 1991, Michael met and fell in love with Brazilian Anselmo Feleppa. Shortly after they got together, Feleppa discovered he had Aids. Michael spent the next four years nursing his boyfriend to his death.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2005/dec/09/popandrock

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-9th-circuit/1262914.html

On April 7, 1998, Rodriguez, a police officer for the City of Beverly Hills, California, was working with his partner in Will Rogers Park in Beverly Hills due to complaints of lewd acts taking place in the men's restroom.   Rodriguez entered the park's restroom after observing Michael enter.   As he exited one of the stalls, Rodriguez saw Michael fully exposed and engaging in a lewd act.

 
22 Dec 2011
George Michael 'discharged from Vienna hospital'
George Michael has been discharged from a Vienna hospital after weeks of treatment for severe pneumonia, reports have claimed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...-Michael-discharged-from-Vienna-hospital.html

He later admitted: “I had my very first relationship at 27 because I really had not actually come to terms with my sexuality until I was 24.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...y-hills-lgbt-sexuality-hiv-aids-a7495986.html

Michael made no qualms about admitting how hiding his sexuality for so many years had taken a serious toll on his mental health.

By the age of 19, the Wham! front-man had admitted to his sisters and close friends as well as his bandmate Andrew Ridgeley that he was bisexual, but was advised not to come out to his parents.

“So firstly, understand how much I love my family and that Aids was the predominant feature of being gay in the 1980s and early 90s as far as any parent was concerned. My mother was still alive and every single day would have been a nightmare for her thinking what I might have been subjected to.

Wed, Jul 8, 2015

Bloated George Michael is unrecognisable as he steps out from rehab to celebrate birthday

http://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-...steps-out-Swiss-rehab-celebrate-52nd-birthday

26 December 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ds-months-world-s-expensive-rehab-clinic.html

Last year he underwent three months of treatment at the Kusnacht Practice, near Zurich, which charges an eye-watering £70,000 a week.

Michael refused to discuss the reasons for his stay.

I was shocked to hear this news last night. 53 years young. After looking up articles on his previous years and the battles he has fought it saddens me that he struggled so. Although my brother was not a pop star, "he was to me" he also was gay and hid it, I see lot's of similarities. He immersed himself in his job to achieve VP of a printing company. In 1985 he was diagnosed HIV positive, (he was 25)and never told anyone, he refused to take any medicine, (not much available then, the virus that causes it was discovered in 1983) and just lived life to the fullest, cruises and a condo at the beach. 10 years went by before the rest of us knew, 3 months later he died. His death certificate read that he died of kidney failure, not hiv/aids I miss him dearly.

We both loved George Michael. RIP

Elley Mae, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your brother. I like to think that times are changing for the better. I only wish your brother and others like him could see the changes that are happening now.

I found him dead in bed': George Michael's hairdresser lover tells how he discovered his boyfriend's lifeless body - as grief-stricken fans flock to the singer's home

'Its an xmas I will never forget, finding your partner dead peacefully in bed first thing in the morning...

England at 1:42 pm local (8:42 am ET) - BBC News

I suppose they might have wanted to get some time for everyone - not to hear it on news

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-fans-flock-singer-s-home.html#ixzz4Tz3kK2UM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-fans-flock-singer-s-home.html#ixzz4Tz2wy4Ar

A 69-year-old neighbour, who asked to remain anonymous, said Michael was notably absent from the midnight mass Christmas Eve service at St Thomas of Canterbury church, the parish church opposite his home.

'He wasn't at the Christmas Eve service which was very unusual,' she said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-fans-flock-singer-s-home.html#ixzz4Tz9HzRYw

George's beloved mother, Lesley Angold Harrison Panayiotou, died on February 26, 1997, of cancer. As any true fan knows, Mrs. Panayiotou was his pillar of strength. We at Yours Only George express our most sincere condolences to George and his family at this time.

"It's great to be able to admire your parents and most people love their mother and father, but there were things going on when I was growing up that I never understood. There are things about my
[FONT=&amp]mum that I only realized later, things that make me really admire her. If there's anything that I have got from her it's that she's like a rock. I've got that stability from her."

"My father was the typical Greek who comes to London and works 24 hours a day, so his views were never impressed
on [/FONT]me when I was very young. I always saw it through my mother's eyes in terms of what I should be after, and it wasn't money."

"I'd got the singing bug when I was seven, and Mum had given me a tape recorder as a present. As I got older, Dad was against the idea but Mum began to realize that I might have something and started to sympathize with me

http://www.yogworld.com/archive/lesley.htm

he is understood to have lived a reclusive existence, with locals in his Oxfordshire village rarely seeing him leave his home.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-fans-flock-singer-s-home.html#ixzz4Tz8LYu8d

George Michael, an enthusiastic cannabis user for decades, had moved on to a deadly selection of new narcotics. The singer, who had dropped out of public view after releasing his last album Symphonica in March 2014, was said to be smoking crack cocaine again.

Mark Ronson- he was the producer of Amy Winehouse 5 grammy album Back to Black.

Pts have described the drug instantly addicting.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-fans-flock-singer-s-home.html#ixzz4TzF121rl

So...

he missed mass the night before

lover says he found him early morning christmas day

cops called around two

[FONT=&amp]His publicist announced he has "passed away peacefully at home" at 11pm on Christmas Day.

So it does fit that the family statement was worded carefully -- christmas EVE is part of the holiday.

It does fit - he had been very isolative, its logical that someone would come over early in the morning, Christmas day to check on him

The autopsy would show if he had passed several days before being found I would think?

moo

[/FONT]

according to this article, he was seen looking out his window on Christmas Eve. The article covers a lot of his life, and his anonymous donations. I do think the different reports are worth hashing over their wordings, as most are geared toward sensationalizing. [ jmo]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...lone-boyfriend-reveals-battled-secret-heroin/

Fadi Fawaz, a celebrity hairdresser, who had been in a relationship with the star since 2011, said he discovered him when he went to his home in Oxfordshire as the pair had been planning to spend the day together.
He told the Daily Telegraph: "We were supposed to be going for Christmas lunch. I went round there to wake him up and he was just gone, lying peacefully in bed. We don't know what happened yet.

"I went down to lay a candle outside his house with a group and they said the last time he was seen was watching the torchlight procession on Christmas Eve from the window."

according to this article, he was seen looking out his window on Christmas Eve. The article covers a lot of his life, and his anonymous donations. I do think the different reports are worth hashing over their wordings, as most are geared toward sensationalizing. [ jmo]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...lone-boyfriend-reveals-battled-secret-heroin/

Fadi Fawaz, a celebrity hairdresser, who had been in a relationship with the star since 2011, said he discovered him when he went to his home in Oxfordshire as the pair had been planning to spend the day together.
He told the Daily Telegraph: "We were supposed to be going for Christmas lunch. I went round there to wake him up and he was just gone, lying peacefully in bed. We don't know what happened yet.

"I went down to lay a candle outside his house with a group and they said the last time he was seen was watching the torchlight procession on Christmas Eve from the window."

aargh .... my mistake in red/bold above
it should read " I do not think " ...sorry

I found him dead in bed': George Michael's hairdresser lover tells how he discovered his boyfriend's lifeless body - as grief-stricken fans flock to the singer's home

'Its an xmas I will never forget, finding your partner dead peacefully in bed first thing in the morning...

England at 1:42 pm local (8:42 am ET) - BBC News

I suppose they might have wanted to get some time for everyone - not to hear it on news

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-fans-flock-singer-s-home.html#ixzz4Tz3kK2UM

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-fans-flock-singer-s-home.html#ixzz4Tz2wy4Ar

I read, this morning, that his boyfriend said that he ( the boyfriend ) had been with George on the Friday and * over the week end * but sounds as though he did not stay over on the Saturday night ( Christmas Eve ) as he is also quoted as saying that he * went round* on the Sunday to George's home as they were meant to be going out for lunch.

My guess is that * first thing in the morning * means something different to his boyfriend than it does perhaps to me, or others. I think it was probably mid morning ( first thing for him, if he had just got up ).
After he found George I would imagine - after dealing with the shock and grief - he then called someone else ( perhaps George's agent ? ).
So by the time the police were called, it is probably not unreasonable to think that it was getting on for 2pm.
After which, the ambulance was called.

quote from The Mirror[/I]

Fadi has spoken of the devastating moment he found his partner dead.

He said: "We were supposed to be going for Christmas lunch. I went round there to wake him up and he was just gone, lying peacefully in bed.

“We don’t know what happened yet. Everything had been very complicated recently, but George was looking forward to Christmas, and so was I.

"Now everything is ruined. I want people to remember him the way he was - he was a beautiful person."

Speaking to the Mirror yesterday, he added: "It's a big shock, obviously and it's really upsetting. I stayed the whole weekend. I was there Friday night and then I found him Sunday. I found him dead in the morning. It was peaceful."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/george-michaels-boyfriend-fadi-fawaz-9521200

I saw that 2 days ago, because of his appearance, (weight gain) and looked up the medications to treat heroin addiction I didn't find anything to explain the weight he put on. Just not sure about that, unless he relapsed that evening.

I will say that I found it odd that his lover was not there Christmas eve/morning with him, but was meeting his for Christmas lunch, just seems odd. I also wonder if someone did a little house cleaning before authorities were summoned to the home. He could have had a heart attack, idk just seems odd that he was alone.

Did he have gifts for people that mattered to him for Christmas? idk All could be as it seems... or not. jmo idk

I saw that 2 days ago, because of his appearance, (weight gain) and looked up the medications to treat heroin addiction I didn't find anything to explain the weight he put on. Just not sure about that, unless he relapsed that evening.

I will say that I found it odd that his lover was not there Christmas eve/morning with him, but was meeting his for Christmas lunch, just seems odd. I also wonder if someone did a little house cleaning before authorities were summoned to the home. He could have had a heart attack, idk just seems odd that he was alone.

Did he have gifts for people that mattered to him for Christmas? idk All could be as it seems... or not. jmo idk

I'll try to find the report that stated him and his partner were patching up their relationship.
Could explain the luncheon and not the all night???
The weight gain? meds? heart damaged through abuse?
Depression? he always seemed sad in a way.
I have a friend with heart problems, she is bloated like that and her biggest fear is she will die in her sleep like most do with her type of heart damage.
In the same article he had a God son.........do we know who?

The weight gain is confusing. Crack and heroin usually are the reverse , but wonder about weed (eating disorder?)

My cousin has a heroin addiction and gets methadon. He is thin. My other cousin has depression and gets medication for it. He has gained a lot of weight because of it. Maybe George took something for depression.

Various things can cause fluid retention.... Heroin, cocaine, excess alcohol, benzodiazepines, anti-depressants, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc., etc.... most likely the possibility of pre-existing conditions, IMO. Well, he had become all but a recluse for a reason. Any of these aforementioned conditions can cause stress on the heart. I remember how he looked in the 80's and early 90's. And when I saw more recent photo's of him, I didn't even recognize him. Idk, just sayin'.

Also I read somewhere that he had AIDS, was that here? So there's no telling. I also read he almost died from pneumonia a few years ago. So, it could have been a perfect storm. He sadly was known for living a very high risk life style. That in itself was a bad omen. I just can't imagine how someone with so much talent could be so self destructive, and live such a tortured life. Why are all these talented artists dying? :tears: It's like some kind of disease associated with... ? Reminds me of Stephen King's "The Stand". But instead of Vegas, just insert "Hollywood" . JMO

I'm not going to speculate - what's done is done...RIP George Michael - Way too soon! I hope
you didn't suffer.

I'm not going to speculate - what's done is done...RIP George Michael - Way too soon! I hope
you didn't suffer.

I agree. IMO he gained some weight. And.....he's in his 50's. It happens. God Speed George. You are loved and will be missed.

I agree. IMO he gained some weight. And.....he's in his 50's. It happens. God Speed George. You are loved and will be missed.
It's kind of like when Prince died. I know there are lessons to be learned especially when a high profile person dies because of misuse of a drug. Or because they gained too much weight. Or because they didn't take care of themselves. These people are in the limelight and, like it or not, are role models to some. Heroes to some. It is what it is. Who wants to know someone they respected, adored.... Died this way? But they are first and foremost humans. I think it's fine for people to look for answers. It's the nature of the beast. For me, I'll just remember how much I loved his music and enthusiasm and passion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Has any one heard any date for a memorial service? funeral?
With all the money I am shocked that the creative people that gave us so much fun have inadequite health care.
Thinking of Elvis, Joan Rivers, Micheal Jackson, Prince?

Such a crush on this man; God-given gorgeous looks and a voice from the heavens. -Imo, "Everything She Wants" is the best of WHAM, and perhaps the song that hinted at a great song writing future. The variations on this song alone are stunning from live performances to the wonderful jazzy unplugged version.

So few albums like Faith are a tour de force. -The man was every sexuality. He loved beauty. His raw themes, utterly fine musicianship, artistry, has the power to transport one back to an amazing time in an instant, in a flash.

All I can say is I am so happy to have crazily enjoyed his dance hits in the clubs back in the day. Good times! -Like James Brown, who also died on Christmas Day, I find I can only celebrate the gifts he bestowed.

He was so young when he shot to superstardom. Every major artist loved dueting with him. He matured with a great body of work. And I think this is what defines a legend.

Such a crush on this man; God-given gorgeous looks and a voice from the heavens. -Imo, "Everything She Wants" is the best of WHAM, and perhaps the song that hinted at a great song writing future. The variations on this song alone are stunning from live performances to the wonderful jazzy unplugged version.

So few albums like Faith are a tour de force. -The man was every sexuality. He loved beauty. His raw themes, utterly fine musicianship, artistry, has the power to transport one back to an amazing time in an instant, in a flash.

All I can say is I am so happy to have crazily enjoyed his dance hits in the clubs back in the day. Good times! -Like James Brown, who also died on Christmas Day, I find I can only celebrate the gifts he bestowed.

He was so young when he shot to superstardom. Every major artist loved dueting with him. He matured with a great body of work. And I think this is what defines a legend.

George was definitely a genius musician, song writer and entertainer. It's great all the age groups who enjoy his music from teens in my family to my dad who is 70. He was on a different league talent wise to most of the male solo acts and manufactured boy/man bands we have currently in my opinion. George will be greatly missed.

I haven't heard any information about a funeral yet but I read that he is going to be buried beside his mum in England. Many of his family live abroad. We have recently had a bereavement and it is very difficult to organise funerals during the Christmas/New Year Period.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back