Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a quick word with my mate who was also a Telecom techie.
BRE was quiet, very pedantic (like his father he said). BRE had a French wife.
He only worked with BRE for a few weeks. "They have to ask his work colleague Dominic Fr*****ni for more info"
No clues that he was anyway dubious.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
I think blokes tend to overlook traits that women do take notice of. There's many reasons why women learn how to read signs, some better than other through experiences. I would like to know what women thought of him. Not that they knew what he was capable of but no doubt he would be giving out a vibe at certain times..

Wonder what will happen to Kewdale property now BE in custody...does it get sold? Always wondered what happens in situations like this ie; like when you own a property and become incarcerated for a serious offence/s...do the police seize it?

Only if the property was obtained through proceeds of crime would it be seized by the Government.

I imagine he'll have to sell everything to fund his legal team - unless they're funded or he has major savings.

Incorrect SN76

Jane was an employee of Nedlands Early Learning Centre from the early 90's up until she was abducted and murdered. Locations on Williams road Nedlands and Carrington Street Nedlands.

Thanks for clarification :) just going from media reports..

Only if the property was obtained through proceeds of crime would it be seized by the Government.

I imagine he'll have to sell everything to fund his legal team - unless they're funded or he has major savings.

For some reason I imagined them all racing to represent him at heavily reduced rates just for the publicity. Is that definitely not the case here?

So posters here were saying he has top legal representation. Can someone with some real world experience in this help me with some queries? He seemed to have that lawyer very quickly. Was it chance that he chose that person to represent him? In other words how did he manage to pick one of the top criminal defence lawyers in the state as has been suggested within a day or two of having been arrested? Would a lawyer have offered their services? Or would he have been advised by someone else to retain that particular counsel to represent him. Mr Joe Suburbia picks top gun right off the bat. How does that come about? My Dad was a supreme court judge so maybe I should know but I don't.

Wonder what will happen to Kewdale property now BE in custody...does it get sold? Always wondered what happens in situations like this ie; like when you own a property and become incarcerated for a serious offence/s...do the police seize it?

Possibilities are:

1) seizure by government
2) sale to fund legal fees

or, in the absense of either of those

3) if one joint tenant were to die then it would go to the surviving joint tenant under the survivorship rule.

https://www0.landgate.wa.gov.au/docvault.nsf/web/PS_TR_HOWTOGUIDES/$file/Landgate-How-To-Guide-Survivorship-Joint-Tenants-8pp.pdf

So posters here were saying he has top legal representation. Can someone with some real world experience in this help me with some queries? He seemed to have that lawyer very quickly. Was it chance that he chose that person to represent him? In other words how did he manage to pick one of the top criminal defence lawyers in the state as has been suggested within a day or two of having been arrested? Would a lawyer have offered their services? Or would he have been advised by someone else to retain that particular counsel to represent him. Mr Joe Suburbia picks top gun right off the bat. How does that come about? My Dad was a supreme court judge so maybe I should know but I don't.

Maybe he had that sorted in his head already...just in case

Wonder if there are other cars in the garage? It is big enough....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He may have used his own car but this is possibly not the case given the KK attack was pretty clearly in a commercial vehicle, that was referred to as a van possibly with tools in the back.
Previous pre-arrest posts also refer to ,"Telstra guy" who was asking people if they needed a lift in the area. One Telstra individual was presumably cleared but then this raises the question, did Macro clear the "Telstra guy" and all suspicious activities related to Telstra vehicles on the basis one man was cleared?
I initially thought the commodore wagon in his driveway was the VS series 1 JR was moved in. But a poster later pointed out it is not that specific vehicle. Also mentioned earlier, JR had fibres from the vehicle in a quantity inconsistent with normal sitting in a vehicle suggesting there was significant contact without a protective layer. To me this says 2 things,
- there was no protective layer in the car such as tarp or plastic cover
- BRE is unlikely to have cut JR in any way, most likely strangling as with the KK girl

He may have used his own car but this is possibly not the case given the KK attack was pretty clearly in a commercial vehicle, that was referred to as a van possibly with tools in the back.
Previous pre-arrest posts also refer to ,"Telstra guy" who was asking people if they needed a lift in the area. One Telstra individual was presumably cleared but that the. Raises the question, did Macro clear the "Telstra guy" and all suspicious activities related to Telstra vehicles on the basis one man was cleared?
I initially thought the commodore wagon in his driveway was the VS series 1 JR was moved in. But a poster later pointed out it is not that specific vehicle. Also mentioned earlier, JR had fibres from the vehicle in a quantity inconsistent with normal sitting in a vehicle suggesting there was significant contact without a protective layer. To me this says 2 things,
- there was no protective layer in the car such as tarp or plastic cover
- BRE is unlikely to have cut JR in any way, most likely strangling as with the KK girl

Gut feeling tells me BE was a strangler. Stabbing is too messy, and too hard to clean up for a person who was apparently pedantic.

Strange! By the look of his current house and the dumped/dilapidated cars on it, you'd think he was a careless sloth rather than a pedant.

Perhaps he kept his house(s) very plain and unappealing so as to not draw the attentions of burglars? If he'd been burgled then he may have felt pressure from his wife or family to report the incident to the police...and police interest would have been the last thing he'd have wanted.

His pedantry may have been displayed more in relation to his dealings with other people as a means of controlling or dominating them, or to show his 'superiority' over them - and also in regard to his organisational skills.

JMO

It would be interesting to know if the man who may have been seen having coffee with Corryn Rayney after her boot scooting class, matches the description of BE?

I know guys who go fishing solo at all hours, it's not suspicious if they do it consistently

It's not suspicious if you are coming back to an empty house which is what I think was happening. It would be risky to tell your wife you are going fishing as an excuse but you are really popping off to Claremont. Didn't someone say EE worked for a law firm? Claremont seemed to be a haven for professionals like this and one poster even sent a link that EE and BE gave a lift to a colleagues partner once. Could you imagine if BE was seen in Claremont by one of her colleagues. Perth is a small place and I bump in to people I know all the time. Imagine the conversation " What were you doing in Claremont when you told me you were going fishing?!!" All hell would break loose.
Lots of us thing MM is BE so he wouldn't risk being seen if he was lying to a partner where he is. If he was living alone and in between relationships it wouldn't matter as if he was recognised by someone (say EE's) friends they would only think he has moved on.
I know fishing is not suspicious ( I didn't bring up fishing in the first place) but in the context of this thread I am only trying to point out it is a risky excuse to use to a live in partner. Does no one get that?
This is why it is more plausible he was either living alone, in between relationships or coming back to another empty home...either his or somewhere else.

Interesting that BE's barrister went to CCGS in the 1980's so he may know the Claremont area quite well.

Used to go to CCGS. From memory there wasn't a break in the fence near the Art/Manual arts building so you couldn't have dragged someone onto the school grounds there. You'd have to have dragged her about 30 meters up Queenslea drive to the car par outside that building. There were plenty of bushes in that area. I've been thinking about the possible CG grab site for quite a while. Christ Church (the church) is pretty close to the bus stop outside HJ's, maybe only 100m, so if he grabbed her there he'd have had to king hit her or there likely would have been loud sounds of struggle, certainly yelling/screaming otherwise.

The school has changed a lot, that big car park along the side of the road was only built about 2006/7 ish. Until then that side of the school was all fenced off and grass (the long jump pits were along that edge) until the driveway that ran up to the back of the gym. The chaplain's residence was back there too but might not have been occupied in January. That area used to be quite dark and overgrown with bushes. Further up a little Corry Lynn Road would have also been a good grab site. All these places have changed a lot and don't look all that probable now.

Wherever he grabbed them he would have had to strike suddenly and hard, and had them hooded or gagged before they returned to their senses. Anywhere from the church onwards with a violent blitz attack would have been the way to go. SS's last sighting close to there suggests he liked that area.

As an insight to why CG may have been walking:- When taxis get really scarce and demand high your best bet is often to leave the busy area and try to catch one that's driving into the area to look for a fare before it gets there and twenty people try to hail it. Taxi ranks can get pretty nasty late at night, full of drunks with no manners wanting to go home NOW.

The Yorkshire Ripper hit his victims with a hammer on the scone. That would knock you out/disable you pretty quickly.

Hi there. She wasnt an idiot but she did just hitch hike across Europe. So not out of character. I think she accepted a lift

Interesting that BE's barrister went to CCGS in the 1980's so he may know the Claremont area quite well.

I finished in 1980, so I wouldn't likely know him. My younger brother (7 years) may well, but he's in Iraq atm. What's the brief's name? Was it something like Van Dongen? I've seen it reported somewhere.

It's not suspicious if you are coming back to an empty house which is what I think was happening. It would be risky to tell your wife you are going fishing as an excuse but you are really popping off to Claremont. Didn't someone say EE worked for a law firm? Claremont seemed to be a haven for professionals like this and one poster even sent a link that EE and BE gave a lift to a colleagues partner once. Could you imagine if BE was seen in Claremont by one of her colleagues. Perth is a small place and I bump in to people I know all the time. Imagine the conversation " What were you doing in Claremont when you told me you were going fishing?!!" All hell would break loose.
Lots of us thing MM is BE so he wouldn't risk being seen if he was lying to a partner where he is. If he was living alone and in between relationships it wouldn't matter as if he was recognised by someone (say EE's) friends they would only think he has moved on.
I know fishing is not suspicious ( I didn't bring up fishing in the first place) but in the context of this thread I am only trying to point out it is a risky excuse to use to a live in partner. Does no one get that?
This is why it is more plausible he was either living alone, in between relationships or coming back to another empty home...either his or somewhere else.

I like the idea of the fishing trip alibi to the Mrs but have an issue with the KK attack. Would he be taking a Telstra vehicle fishing?

Yes, according to the press report.
I finished in 1980, so I wouldn't likely know him. My younger brother (7 years) may well, but he's in Iraq atm. What's the brief's name? Was it something like Van Dongen? I've seen it reported somewhere.

I like the idea of the fishing trip alibi to the Mrs but have an issue with the KK attack. Would he be taking a Telstra vehicle fishing?

I think given that a caveat was put on their house in 1995 for a loan against the property it is more likely they broke up then and he used the money to settle with her. I think it is more likely he was living there alone.

JR worked at a day care in Claremont. I don't know which one but I had a neighbor whose child was minded there. They said JR was an assistant.

Not sure if answered yet: I believe it was in Carrington St Nedlands. Backs onto the cemetery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member