Found Deceased CO - David Puckett, 6, Aurora, 31 Dec 2016

David was reported missing 1 hour after he was gone, family did their own search first.

Last person to see David was a non family member about 2 o clock, earlier the same day

LE had bloodhounds on the ground within an hour of David being reported missing.

People being asked if they find clothing, or potential evidence not to touch it but to call 911

Following on leads...Maybe those leads have to do with abduction, and that's really the reason and Amber Alert was allowed to be sent out?

I think this case is exactly as reported - whether there's a grandmother or not. This child had a fight with a sibling, was sent to his room, kicked out a screen and left. And now he's gone. I don't think it's more complicated than that.

Prayers they find him, although at this point it's likely he's frozen.

So was he seen by a non-family member or was he seen 'with' a non family member?

For those mentioneding window screens....It's winter...They've likely been removed until spring. So all he had to do was open the window.

I think this case is exactly as reported - whether there's a grandmother or not. This child had a fight with a sibling, was sent to his room, kicked out a screen and left. And now he's gone. I don't think it's more complicated than that.

Prayers they find him, although at this point it's likely he's frozen.

All of that could be true, and yet he still ended up being abducted. If the wrong person stopped to 'help' him, that is.

Aurora Police Department Press Conference 1.2.17 @ 7pm via Periscope (Aurora Police Depart.)

----------

- David was seen earlier in the day on Saturday by a non-family member.
- Police were notified about an hour after David went missing because they were searching for him.
- David has 3 juvenile siblings.
- Family very cooperative.
- Home has been searched several times.
- All known sex offenders are being spoken to.
- Road canvassing by FBI. Canvassing helps police to get word out to residents.
- Bloodhounds on the ground 1 hour after APD notified of situation.
- If you find evidence, do not handle it. Call 911 or tip line immediately. Do not post to social media.
- Check property by more than calling name. Check every space where a small child could hide.
- $10,000 Crime Stoppers & APD. 720. STOP or text to 274637.
- Over 100 LE on site today.
- Someone other than a family member saw David prior to him going missing on 12.31.16. Possibly around 2pm.
- Original search area was 1/2 mile, now at 2 1/2 miles.
- Very cold, very concerned. Need to find David immediately.
- Call tip line even if you think it's not important.
- Searching will continue tonight.
- No knowledge of condition of home.
- Check RVs, open cabinets, check abandoned vehicles, check empty boxes.
- Ongoing investigation regarding how David left the home, cannot comment at this time.
- APD asks for any video from homes or businesses be reviewed and call tip line if there's anything.
- No need for more volunteers tonight due to bloodhounds. APD will announce on FB & Twitter if need volunteers.
- Amber Alert - APD has been in consultation with CBI and agree that it will help find him.
- Bodies of water - Arapahoe Water Rescue Team searching water and are also searching broken ice.
- Family cooperating with police. No polygraphs at this time.
- No reason to believe there is a danger to the public.
- Schools might be upping their security.
- Lots of tips coming in to the tip lines. All are being investigated.
- We will search for David for as long as it takes.

The family searched for a whole hour before calling police?
The dogs were on the ground an hour after that?
I have a feeling that a lot of time passed between David 'running off' and then discovering he was missing.

Aurora Police Department Press Conference 1.2.17 @ 7pm via Periscope (Aurora Police Depart.)

----------

- We will search for David for as long as it takes.

Snipped for brevity. Sadly, no they won't search as long as it takes. They will search for awhile. I agree with another poster who noted that children can get FAR, FAR out of the range that is being searched. This child could be 20 miles away by now.

David was reported missing 1 hour after he was gone, family did their own search first.

Last person to see David was a non family member about 2 o clock, earlier the same day

LE had bloodhounds on the ground within an hour of David being reported missing.

People being asked if they find clothing, or potential evidence not to touch it but to call 911
Wow. The bloodhounds were out an hour after David was reported missing. Is that quick or does PD
usually get the dogs out that quick?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Are they suggesting - obliquely - that David may have been lured out of his room? That he was sulking and was an easy target to be lured? Or somebody was waiting for an opportunity?

Yes I know that is 100% pure speculation but the wording is very careful wrt commenting on how David left the house.

Has there been any info at all about his dad? Is there any remote chance this is a non-custodial snatch and run?

Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow, there's a good update. This press conference seemed awkward and... Raised more questions for me. The use of the water rescue team and such point to the fact they're losing hope to find him alive.

Wow. The bloodhounds were out an hour after David was reported missing. Is that quick or does PD
usually get the dogs out that quick?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

You might remember a few years ago when Jessica Ridgeway was abducted and murdered. That was in a different county and police force but LE in CO does not take missing kids lightly. They are one of the best in the country at this sort of thing. There is a lot of inter-agency sharing of resources so if those dogs (although I believe it was just one dog in Saturday) were available I would bet they were utilized within an hour of APD being informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe the comment about how he left was strange. I am. It sure why that's a big deal ? Especially after they have already said he left through the window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they suggesting - obliquely - that David may have been lured out of his room? That he was sulking and was an easy target to be lured? Or somebody was waiting for an opportunity?

Yes I know that is 100% pure speculation but the wording is very careful wrt commenting on how David left the house.

Has there been any info at all about his dad? Is there any remote chance this is a non-custodial snatch and run?

The father is in prison and I am under the impression that he is in a different state.

I don't know how one would lure a child out of a window during this time of year, especially when the sun was up. School had been out for a week at that point so I don't know if there would have been other neighborhood children playing in the street outside. The family lives on a cul-de-sac (as do I) so it's not outside the realm of possibility that kids might've been out and loud. Saturday was relatively warm, especially when you consider our arid climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back