MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when that pic is from. I've seen it posted the last couple days. Curious because, while I have no idea if it is the same phone, it's definitely in a different case than the rose gold one described.

It looks like the same phone without a case, IMO. I saw somewhere that one of her friends (possibly SP) posted this picture was taken as Danielle was making fun of her for taking so many selfies while they were on vacation.

Dang. Your life can change with a last minute decision to do something else. Wow.

No do overs at all. I feel sorry for the friend as well.

That's why one of my all time favorite movies is sliding doors. In one instant decision the entire path of your life can change.....

The timeline is weird. I'm discerning that her position at MetLife was hourly. Job description doesn't seem like one that's salary and asking to leave early tends to favor an hourly position. That would lead me to believe she clocked out at a certain time and let's those investigating know a certain time.

Actually leaving early would more likely be salary..especially since she had to work on a Saturday.

Actually leaving early would more likely be salary..especially since she had to work on a Saturday.

Yes, I agree. I am salary and won't lose anything if I have to or ask to leave early. Especially when I am doing extra hours a different day.

I think I'll make this a regular 'thing.'

First week back at work since Christmas today but needed to come here first and check for any updates... :(
Such a nice picture, Dani looks as if she would be a damn good goofy friend :)

attachment.php

www.finddani.org
She sure does😁

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

First time poster, following this case closely. I'd like to mention my initial thought and get other opinions on it. Almost immediately, MetLife offered a $50k reward, before any of the initial facts were released. Anyone who works for a large corporation, knows how much red tape is involved in getting $$ approved for pretty much anything. I work for a similar national insurance company, and we're talking 6 weeks to get funding approved for a new chair. The point I'm trying to make is that it just seems very difficult to believe that $50k was approved and released, literally overnight, before any facts were known. MetLife is a public company, that dollar amount would have to be approved by a board, justification given, facts presented, i's dotted and t's crossed, etc. before they're offering $50k. It literally would have had to all happen overnight and that's just not realistic, especially when at that point, MetLife would have had no real justification. Now include the FBI, DEA, Secret Service involvement in this case. My first thought was, the FBI put up that $50k and they're saying it's from MetLife. Same exact thought regarding the other $50k that the apartment complex offered. The apartment complex is owned by a large corporation, not a person. They also immediately released $50k, before any facts were released. It just doesn't happen like that when dealing with large dollar amounts and getting through all the red corporate tape that quickly and also before LE even confirmed that foul play was suspected. There's more going on here. I believe that the FBI put up that $100k. There's a reason why FBI, DEA, Secret Service are all involved and it's not because business is slow right now. There's also a reason why there has been no ground searches and search assistance from the public unwanted. Somehow, the reward money, the agency involvement and lack of searching is tied together. IMO.

Very thoughtful and interesting post.

I hadn't really thought of how weird it was that they both the apartment and MetLife put up $50k that quickly. I worked for a very large (30k+ employees) company in healthcare and that much money wouldn't have had to go to the Board of Directors ($50k not considered "material" to a company with revenue counted in billions), but it would have had to go to a senior vice president or above. That said, if the general manager of a particular business or division (who would have been at the SVP level) wanted to spend $50k out of their budget, they would have been able to do so and do it quickly. However, at least at my company, the law department would DEFINITELY have had to weigh in on whether that was a good idea or not and on exactly how to word the announcement to avoid the risk of opening the company up to a lawsuit that would be bigger than the one they could be potentially facing. If the apartment complex had not offered an equivalent amount of money, I would be thinking that the reward offered by MetLife is about as close to "proof" as it gets, without us having access to security video, that she was abducted from the parking lot or building and that it was caught on film, and that it involved someone working directly or indirectly for MetLife. But then there is the exact same amount from the apartment complex's parent company.

So that makes me wonder... was there a ransom note demanding $100k? $100k that the family tried to provide? Did an abductor fail to show to pick up the ransom? As I type that, it sounds nuts, but on the other hand.. $50k from one, $50 k from another? Very unusual. That the amounts are equal is probably not a coincidence. It could be as simple as MetLife making the first offer, and the management of the apartment complex deciding to match it, but the speed and amount it is much more interesting than I originally thought now that I've read Michellebelle's post.

A lot of companies do have kidnapping and ransom insurance. I don't know if it would cover someone at DS' level who didn't do significant travel, but I know that my husband's was particularly high when he was doing a lot of work in Asia and South America, don't know what his coverage was when he was working in the US. I don't know about what it usually is for someone who doesn't travel out of the country for work. But I would imagine that if any company would have K&R insurance coverage for all employees, it would be an insurance company. But that would not really explain why the apartment would join in with an equivalent reward, unless they had some liability coverage and given that MetLife was making an offer, they decided to jump in, too.

Agree. Met Life has revenue of well over $50 Billion a year. $50k wouldn't need board approval for a company that size. I used to work for an $11 billion company and it took an expenditure of $500k to get to the board. The $23 billion company I work for now, $50k could be authorized by our SVP out of the department budget with no problem.

But when we moved locations it took three months to get white boards. Go figure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Whoops, I made the same point. Wyle, It almost sounds like we worked for the same company!

Snipped for focus: I am in no way putting down your thought, but I just wanted to add, as I looked through her instagram, it did seem like she was traveling for work in the past few years. Obviously, I don't know the extent, how often, for what, etc., and I do not feel it's the same as traveling out of the country, but I wasn't sure if companies had something for employees that do travel. But maybe it was just a few times a year and not significant. I've never worked for a company that I could travel with, so I honestly don't know, just wanted to piggyback on your thoughts!!

Very thoughtful and interesting post.

A lot of companies do have kidnapping and ransom insurance. I don't know if it would cover someone at DS' level who didn't do significant travel, but I know that my husband's was particularly high when he was doing a lot of work in Asia and South America, don't know what his coverage was when he was working in the US. I don't know about what it usually is for someone who doesn't travel out of the country for work. But I would imagine that if any company would have K&R insurance coverage for all employees, it would be an insurance company. But that would not really explain why the apartment would join in with an equivalent reward, unless they had some liability coverage and given that MetLife was making an offer, they decided to jump in, too.

I agree leaving early would be salary. I don't think having to ask permission after working there 11 years fits.

I wonder when that pic is from. I've seen it posted the last couple days. Curious because, while I have no idea if it is the same phone, it's definitely in a different case than the rose gold one described.

It doesn't appear to have a case on it.

First time poster, following this case closely. I'd like to mention my initial thought and get other opinions on it. Almost immediately, MetLife offered a $50k reward, before any of the initial facts were released. Anyone who works for a large corporation, knows how much red tape is involved in getting $$ approved for pretty much anything. I work for a similar national insurance company, and we're talking 6 weeks to get funding approved for a new chair. The point I'm trying to make is that it just seems very difficult to believe that $50k was approved and released, literally overnight, before any facts were known. MetLife is a public company, that dollar amount would have to be approved by a board, justification given, facts presented, i's dotted and t's crossed, etc. before they're offering $50k. It literally would have had to all happen overnight and that's just not realistic, especially when at that point, MetLife would have had no real justification. Now include the FBI, DEA, Secret Service involvement in this case. My first thought was, the FBI put up that $50k and they're saying it's from MetLife. Same exact thought regarding the other $50k that the apartment complex offered. The apartment complex is owned by a large corporation, not a person. They also immediately released $50k, before any facts were released. It just doesn't happen like that when dealing with large dollar amounts and getting through all the red corporate tape that quickly and also before LE even confirmed that foul play was suspected. There's more going on here. I believe that the FBI put up that $100k. There's a reason why FBI, DEA, Secret Service are all involved and it's not because business is slow right now. There's also a reason why there has been no ground searches and search assistance from the public unwanted. Somehow, the reward money, the agency involvement and lack of searching is tied together. IMO.
Very much agreed. The multi-agency presence and lack of searches from day one leads me to believe there was an ongoing investigation long before Dani disappeared, and now your points about the $$ support so early in the game only add another layer to support my conviction. The question is WHO was being watched, and why.

I really feel Dani accidentally got injected into the middle of something quite nefarious, and she's a statistic in whatever bigger investigation is ongoing.

How that investigation and Dani's disappearance both tie into the search of the security guard's home makes me quite curious.

I still have hope and give the possibility of a positive outcome in her return alive to be 50/50. I personally have not ruled out some sort of slave labor/trafficking ring as the motive behind her disappearance. In fact, when adding all the components up, it's only one of two scenarios that make sense. The only other is a demented stalker type situation, which is also quite viable as an explanation in my opinion, but does not have the possibility of a positive outcome. :(

Just when I thought I had posted my last thought on this sad case, I had one last thing to check out. <admin snip>

Whoops, I made the same point. Wyle, It almost sounds like we worked for the same company!
[emoji4] lol... Mine weren't health care, defense contractor and banking. Funny, though, that the SVPs have the power!

I agree leaving early would be salary. I don't think having to ask permission after working there 11 years fits.

Depends on the company culture, and even the department culture. I've worked for some very relaxed companies where you can come and go as you please, work from home, whatever. I've also worked at companies where salaried people are held to very strict requirements as to their working hours. Heck, at the defense contractor I worked for we actually had to track our time, even in the "overhead" departments like finance and accounting.

I'm really thankful we have mods. Sometimes the things I read in these threads just makes me shake my head in disbelief.

Now, what can we do here in WS to help find Dani that we haven't already thought of?

I believe that the FBI and Secret Service got involved because the Farmington Hills police department requested it and also is ill equipped to handle a serious missing persons case and who know whether or not this will be an isolated incident. Secondly, we only know these agencies were/are involved and we don’t know the depth to which they are involved. It could be very minimal or significantly. There are too many wild conspiracies going on. I’m pretty sure that they’ve narrowed in on their suspect and are just collecting enough information to formally charge him. I think it might be difficult to prosecute him without a body and a confession (won’t talk to police). I think they have enough evidence to know it was him, but not enough to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt which is why they’re holding out. Perhaps they’re watching him and hoping he goes back to the body? I also think they're desperately trying to find any kind of witness who can help corroborate their timeline/story which is why they're pushing for eye witnesses without releasing many details.

I'm at the executive level and I still sort of "check in" if the person I report to is around and I'm planning to leave early. Partly just to manage the perception of my work ethic and so that it's clear that it's not something I do often, and partly to make sure that there isn't some important last minute thing that is about to land on my desk.

Noted the wording regarding the " reward " with those conditions attached it would make getting those amounts approved much easier and probably faster than saying - Reward offered for her safe return no questions asked - no conditions.
( Not to downplay the generosity by both businesses just adding my own opinion on why the rewards were " approved " so quickly. They appear less risky with stipulations so to speak , it also allows time to get the amounts approved because from start to finish these types of cases can be quite lengthy ... years ) JMO

From MSM-
Additionally, Independence Green Apartments, where Stislicki lives, is offering a $50,000 reward for the safe return of Danielle and arrest and conviction of the individual or individuals involved.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch....-missing-farmington-hills-woman?client=safari

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58502bc9e4b04c8e2bb207d1

From MSM
MetLife is offering a reward of $50,000 for information that leads to the safe return of Stislicki and the arrest and prosecution of whoever is responsible for her disappearance. Independence Green Apartments is also offering a $50,000 reward

New to websleuths so I hope I am following the rules. I have been following this case since the beginning, since Danielle and I are so close in age it really resonated with me. I have been looking at her IG account and think it's a bit odd that her close friends and family have not posted anything about her missing on IG.<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288