Toddler's Mother/Peaches/Jane Doe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points! Information requested today.

-Nin

Maybe people in New York and Long Island especially can go to any bed and breakfast or hotel or motel that was around back then and show them it. Actually the fancy expensive hotels I worked at really are the only I ever see using fancy shams and duvets so I wonder if we have been looking at wrong hotels cause I doubt a wife or girlfriend would not noticebit missing and no DNA and hair on it shows to me it's new and maybe bought for this because otherwise it should have fingerprints of maids and cleaners and husbands and wife's etc etc I think he would go to the place closest to the site and buy a pair either from a fancy store or from some thrift store or goodwill because less likely to be seen but he also could have never touched the room and always wore gloves and anything on the case was hers because maybe she was only on the bed. Going from hotel to hotel Ana store to store that were around back to hen and near could work but if he travels and doesn't live in New York then that's more confusing so who knows

Looking through some of Wamsutta's stuff, I recall my parents having the single rose pattern sheets, this was in Florida in the 80s. I think there was wide distribution through places like Sears, Montgomery Wards, etc.
I remember that dusty blue and mauve color combo was huge in the mid to late 1980s. Think laura ashley, floral (chintz) fabrics and country deco trend.

Also, this link re: thread count. Did Wamsutta jump on that wagon before 1997? Older companies may not incorporate new market trends immediately.

http://www.linenplace.com/product_guide/truth_about_thread_count.html

I could also see them being tomatoes based on the greens and what are the weird dots under them anyway? Talking about cherry that is

What I see in the tattoo is:

"C4 TB" or "C+ TB"
I did also but now that my tattoo artist told me what she thinks it is I'm trying to find the best quality images but to send her every possible one to get more opinions cause if she sees tony then what if that's an ex or a husband and perhaps the killer tattooed over it to mask it for less chance of being identified?

You would have hoped LE would have checked with Wamsuta, but you never now. The company has been sold a couple of times now, so its doubtful there would be any records.

I checked a couple of hotel distributors, and can't find one currently selling Wamsuta.

I think rather then randomly running around BBB or any other shops on LI, the best way to get accurate information about this exact pillow shams is to contact Wamsuta.com and enquire by whom the exact design was made (they have used work of many famous designers) but most importantly WHEN was this design firstly made. If it was mass produced or in limited numbers on pillow shams prior to 1997. They could still have information about distribution points on East Coast or LI. If they could not find the information, they would be the best to know who to contact further. Just my humble opinion.

Here is design http://www.ebay.com/itm/WAMSUTTA-2-...036457?hash=item211d5516e9:g:-F0AAOSwgQ9VntGm
Called - WAMSUTTA pillow shams cotton blend FLORAL BLACK GRAY ROSE

I'm not sure they will be able to answer, but I do feel someone should ask if they had deals to supply hotels in the 1990s. As I stated up thread, the higher the order, the cheaper the cost.

Problem is, staff turnover coupled with time elapsed (companies only obliged to hold financial information for certain period of time - UK its 7 years) means some of this information may be unavailable by now.

A friend of mine, who is a licensed PI asked for specific info with pics as well as any additional contacts. They are well aware, what it is about. -Nin

Anyone notice how thebtop of the tattoo looks bruised or like it's been rotting? I don't get what the black one be or now that I think about it why have yellow highlights in the leafs. Normally different types of green would be used. Could it be a rotting peach? And that's like a piece of it falling off? I see what my tattoo artist says where she thinks something is hidden under the yellow highlight on the fruit. I only showed her a few photos originally but sent more. And I'm hoping my jeweler friend may have any insight on the jewelry. Which did we ever assume he wore gloves? No prints or DNA on the pillow sham or tote or towel says to me brand new. And no hairs either. Though I think the towel almost looked to have a bleach spot looking part. Jewelry and Asian male etc none of it I've heard had prints even what xherry was found in etc

Does the same company making the shams make maroon towels? If so that would never very odd

Jumping in. I am only on page 5 of this thread...so I'm sorry if this has been asked/answered.
My question - why does everyone call that tattoo a peach? Is it because the tattoo artist came forward? 'Cause, every time I look at it I see a dripping orange with seeds, no pit. I do not think of peaches as dripping like that.

Wondering how long BB and Beyond keeps wedding registries?

Ok guys my tattoo artist said this "Interesting. I'm always fascinated with this kind of stuff. It's definitely covering something. The previous tattoo is more than just under the leaf. You can see some old line work under the yellow highlight in the peach. I also think that the bite was put there to help cover some word. I can't make it out from the picture, but it looks like there are two small words in the leaf the first looks like "MY". In the it looks like something like TONY" I told her I'll send her a link ton this thread if she wants to join in

Can't supply a link right now because I saved it to my iPad at home BUT I found a newspaper ad from Florida in 1989 that stated that pattern was a Macy's exclusive. I'll post the link when I get home.

Personally I don't think any clue could be too small, it may jog someone's memory...options such as peach, orange, apricot, different letter combinations in the leaves, you never know what may spark someone to say OMG that is .....

But who would see it (other then websleuthers) to jog their memory? Unless they are a websleuther following this thread... or law enforcement or Namus changes the tattoo description they have listed or publishes the change to the tatt being listed as a peach somewhere... I don't know if we would ever convince them they had the wrong fruit or to publish a change to the fruit... but I guess anything is possible

Re: the pillowcase
Saw this on ebay http://geb.ebay.com/geb/ImportHubViewItem?itemid=142126802537
shows a pic of tag on pillow. Tag hard to read but can make out Ave of the Americas
Then...Here is an article from 1990 New York Times, mentions Wamsutta

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/04/05/garden/a-luxurious-new-look-for-bedrooms.html

ETA: In the article they name the "vice president and director of creative services at Wamsutta". It was 1990 though. His name in article, didn't want to put the name here. Wonder if he is alive? Would he be useful to tell more about this pattern was sold.

I'm not sure if the origin of where the sheets were purchased will come to anything. There are so many possibilities of various stores, plus the possibility the sheets were given away to the final user or bought second hand. Also, they could have been from a twin bed, thus no missing second sham. Unless the exclusively made for Macy's is correct and can be traced.
I wonder if the towel and sham were put in the tote to control and fluids that might leak from the body or if those were two forgotten items thrown in the tote after all the other sheets or materials were removed and/or destroyed. Just some thoughts.

I'm not sure if the origin of where the sheets were purchased will come to anything. There are so many possibilities of various stores, plus the possibility the sheets were given away to the final user or bought second hand. Also, they could have been from a twin bed, thus no missing second sham. Unless the exclusively made for Macy's is correct and can be traced.
I wonder if the towel and sham were put in the tote to control and fluids that might leak from the body or if those were two forgotten items thrown in the tote after all the other sheets or materials were removed and/or destroyed. Just some thoughts.
You are probably correct, although a great find, too difficult to lead any where. Unless of course they were exclusively made for a motel/hotel or B and B with the actual name of the place on it. Or with hopes someone comes forward, a family member or whomever that is associated with the sheets. To add to list of stores that may have sold them, Home Goods, TJ Maxx and Marshalls (for over runs).

A few days ago I mentioned I submitted a potential match for Peaches to the Doe Network. I heard back from them and they said they do not believe it it has ever been submitted before as a possible match and it will go in front of the panel.

I submitted Sharaun Cole missing from NYC in 1983 at the age of 12.
-Peached was found in 1997 25 miles from where she went missing in 1983
-Both light skinned
-The age would be correct :
----Peaches was between 20-30
----Sharaun would have been 27 in 1997.
-When I zoomed in on the photo of Sharaun Cole at a young age it seems as though she had pierced ears with small gold earrings.
-The toddler found associated with Peaches DNA had gold earrings. (Thus Peaches/Sharaun Cole had her own toddlers ear pierced as hers were at a young age). Not a big similarity, but you never know.

In addition I suggested to the Doe Network a subject that was being discussed the other night.....a list with the profiles of submissions of possible matches that the panel rejected and did not forward to law enforcement, so web sleuthers etc. would not be redundant in submitting possible matches that have already been rejected. Therefore we would be more productive in finding other viable possible matches. I will let you know what thier response is to this suggestion.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/86dfny.html

attachment.php

Attachments

• SCole.jpg
    SCole.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 367
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online