Toddler's Mother/Peaches/Jane Doe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the pillowcase
Saw this on ebay http://geb.ebay.com/geb/ImportHubViewItem?itemid=142126802537
shows a pic of tag on pillow. Tag hard to read but can make out Ave of the Americas
Then...Here is an article from 1990 New York Times, mentions Wamsutta

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/04/05/garden/a-luxurious-new-look-for-bedrooms.html

ETA: In the article they name the "vice president and director of creative services at Wamsutta". It was 1990 though. His name in article, didn't want to put the name here. Wonder if he is alive? Would he be useful to tell more about this pattern was sold.

I'm not sure who is taking the lead in the queries to Wamsutta...

But, I also found a current way to get in touch with the former Vice President/Creative Services Director for Wamsutta/Pacific Home Products for the time period the pillow sham was in production. He's currently has his own business as a textile designer.
I'm sure he still has an old textile portfolio, which includes his own/the brands designs from the 1990s. Perhaps, he can provide a picture of the complete bedding ensemble, which if made widely available to the public, could help? And also, perhaps he can provide a point person to find out distribution of the design on Long Island.

But, I also found a current way to get in touch with the former Vice President/Creative Services Director for Wamsutta/Pacific Home Products for the time period the pillow sham was in production. He's currently has his own business as a textile designer.
I'm sure he still has an old textile portfolio, which includes his own/the brands designs from the 1990s. Perhaps, he can provide a picture of the complete bedding ensemble, which if made widely available to the public, could help? And also, perhaps he can provide a point person to find out distribution of the design on Long Island.
They are located in the Garment District on the west side of Manhattan. Of course they would have records and pattern design patents on the sheet runs, they should have a record of every design and when it was used etc.

[h=1]Springmaid Wamsutta[/h]

104 W 40th St
New York, NY 10018

(212) 556-6000

Per the Doe network
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Detective William Brosnan
Nassau County Police Department
516-573-7000
OR
1-800-244-TIPS[/B]

Have you or anyone reached out to LE regarding your pillow sham discovery yet? (Not that LE has a great track record on this case). I would think they could follow up on it and talk to him? Or, Josh and Rachel. Not sure what best route is.

They are located in the Garment District on the west side of Manhattan. Of course they would have records and pattern design patents on the sheet runs, they should have a record of every design and when it was used etc.

[h=1]Springmaid Wamsutta[/h]

104 W 40th St
New York, NY 10018

(212) 556-6000

This company may be a version of the old Wamsutta but I have not seen Springmaid in the name before your post. I have seen Wamsutta/ Pacific Home Products. Are you sure it is the same company?

Records back them of fibers and thread counts for a specific model or product wouldn't be on a computer somewhere. Sadly maybe lost to time.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I tried to find as much as I can on Watsumma products. I'm fairly certain Watsumma was purchased by Bed Bath and Beyond in 2012 and now exclusively sold in Bed Bath and Beyond. Prior to that, they were a big brand in Bed Bath and Beyond. It seems they were in Marshall Fields, but that store was not in the east coast. I can't find any mention of them in K-Mart and K-Mart started a Martha Stewart line of beddings in 1997. I checked everything I could find on JC Penny, Macys and Sears also and found nothing. I'm fairly certain Walmart, Target, and Kohls werent in the NY area back then. I was able to find mention of Watsumma in Loehmanns in 1990. They had about 100 stores, with its largest presents in the NY area. They closed all there stores in 2014 and only operate a web site
There is a possibilty they could have been sold as at a mom and pop store, but I doubt it.

Based on what I've been able to find, I'd say purchase was made at either a Loehmanns or a Bed Bath and Beyond, probably at Bed Bath and Beyond.

We bought our first Wamsutta comforter set in 1991 at a store at the outlets in Hilton Head, SC, that was not a Bed Bath and Beyond. Store was considerably smaller than a BB&B, only had bedding, maybe some towels. Was like a tiny outlet version of a Linens and Things...or an independently owned bedding shop at the outlet mall.

--Bloomberg has it listed as follows, that Wamsutta is a subsidiary of Springs Global US which is the parent company. Springs Global also lists Springmaid as a brand. The New York City Yellow pages has it listed as Springmaid Wamsutta. As mentioned Suffolk county had a Springmaid Wamsutta Factory store in Riverhead (Suffolk County). All of Springmaid Wamsutta outlets closed the end of 2007. The Riverhead factory outlet stores first opened in 1994, where Springmaid Wamsutta was located. The 2nd portion of the outlet stores opened 1997-1998 with high end stores.

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=133752860

http://www.springmaid.com/springsgl...en.asp?idioma=1&tipo=46651&conta=44&id=173837

http://www.ny-companies.com/busines...res-companies/133190-springmaid-wamsutta.html

http://www.ny-companies.com/busines...res-companies/133190-springmaid-wamsutta.html

Just thinking on this...is hunting a popular sport in that area? I know tons of guys(but I'm in Texas via Georgia) who have small campers, they take with them when they go hunting for a weekend. Lots use discarded bedsets from home or friends, wives don't often go in them, and even if there was blood it could easily be explained away.

Records back them of fibers and thread counts for a specific model or product wouldn't be on a computer somewhere. Sadly maybe lost to time.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Part of your statement could be true, but the design may be patented. I have a friend here in NYC that is a tie designer, she creates designs and patterns at once on paper now on computers, that are eventually put on ties. She has records of all her designs.

Interesting suggestion. Amityville is on Long Island.

Check the jewelry
NCMC796293c1.jpg
MDominique.jpg

Adding links to their case
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/westford_tiffany.html
http://www.forthelost.org/family/twestford.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8479/1/

DQN as you have submitted someone recently, would you be so very kind to submit Tiffany Susan Westford as match suggestion for Baby Doe and Marie Catherine Dominique as match suggestion for Peaches?

Tiffany has been suggested too many times over the years, lets find out once for all! (her links are in my copy paste above)

DQN as you have submitted someone recently, would you be so very kind to submit Tiffany Susan Westford as match suggestion for Baby Doe and Marie Catherine Dominique as match suggestion for Peaches?

Tiffany has been suggested too many times over the years, lets find out once for all! (her links are in my copy paste above)

I have a possible lead on that mother...it said she speaks Haitian Creole, and i found a mention of someone with the same name, with an additional surname on it, that is in a country where speaking Haitian Creole would be beneficial as the language spoken there is similar.

I have a possible lead on that mother...it said she speaks Haitian Creole, and i found a mention of someone with the same name, with an additional surname on it, that is in a country where speaking Haitian Creole would be beneficial as the language spoken there is similar.

On Mauritius? or different lead? I still think its very worthy to submit both of them and to know for sure if they are rule out.. or not...

Just thinking on this...is hunting a popular sport in that area? I know tons of guys(but I'm in Texas via Georgia) who have small campers, they take with them when they go hunting for a weekend. Lots use discarded bedsets from home or friends, wives don't often go in them, and even if there was blood it could easily be explained away.

Hunting is really rare, if not nonexistent on Long Island.

Now that CoffeeAndACig has made this discovery (which is remarkable, BTW - please do not take this as a slam, or to any research that's been done), I ultimately don't think sleuthing the actual pillow sham and towel, their brands, designs or distribution will advance the case. My generalization is based on the research which proves that the Wamsutta brand(s) have been readily sold in the greater metropolitan NYC area for many years at several stores. The sheets themselves are a standard thread count that was normal in the 90s. I think this same type of research, broadly, will or would prove true for the green storage tote, unless it was traced in a very specific way to a certain region, store, etc.

What I do think this gives us, as some have stated, is a new or different psychological angle to examine. Who would have floral sheets or use floral pillow shams? Many people don't bother with them, but often keep them. If you used the shams, were they on your bed, or in a guest bedroom? Where do you keep the pieces of bedding or toweling that you don't want to get rid of but don't use? A linen closet, cupboard or drawer? Do you turn them into dust rags, like my mom did with old sheets?

Who owns a storage tote? Where do you keep them? What do you put in them? Probably in a garage, or shed. You keep tools in those places. How was Peaches dismembered? Cleanly, with surgical precision, or with a blunt action that might suggest a saw, axe, hatchet or chainsaw? Could the towel and sham been handy because they were being used as shop rags? Could they have wiped blood away, then been discarded inside the tote to conceal them? Where was the dismemberment performed? If a garage has a drain, you could possibly hose most of the liquid mess away. You might only be left with the actual body and a little bit of cleanup. Nobody would miss "rags." (I do want to say that the combo of the sham and the towel make me think about a man being unprepared for the size of the mess, and so he grabs something to mop up, but doesn't realize that what he's picked won't help him that much. Making rookie mistakes, maybe.) So do these things point to the killer living with someone else, having a significant other, or perhaps even living with Peaches herself (and possibly Baby Doe?)?

Someone astutely mentioned that toddlers just don't "go missing." I think that's absolutely accurate. So if Peaches and Baby Doe weren't reported missing as a pair, that implies something to me. Assuming there IS a missing persons report for Peaches and NOT for Baby Doe, that would tell me that Peaches's family isn't aware of Baby Doe's existence and therefore don't know to report Baby Doe missing. It would also imply to me that Peaches went missing before she received her tattoo and/or Baby Doe's birth (likely the source of the C-section scar), either of which would probably be mentioned as an identifying mark. We know that toddlers - whose existence was known to more than just their mother - have gone missing and not been reported by people with that awareness. And we know those cases end badly. So if there is no report for Baby Doe, either no one knows about her, or the person/people who did wanted her gone with Peaches or willfully looked the other way.

Can't supply a link right now because I saved it to my iPad at home BUT I found a newspaper ad from Florida in 1989 that stated that pattern was a Macy's exclusive. I'll post the link when I get home.
I found and posted an ad showing that they were sold at Marshall Field's in Chicago in October, 1990. Ironically, Target (Dayton Hudson Corporation) purchased Marshall Field's in 1990. That was followed up with Target selling to Macy's in 2005.

I can't for a few reasons as follows:
The mother is not among the missing in "Missing Persons" in the Doe Network or Namus. There has been an arrest warrant issued for custodial interference.
Baby Doe associated with Peaches is not listed in Namus or Doe Network. The key to Baby Doe identity is finding out who Peaches is. Therefore everyone should concentrate on the identity of Peaches.

When a submission is made all of the case numbers have to be entered from the missing or the unidentified. We can not do that in this case.

For argument sake : When the mother Marie Catherine Dominique abducted Tiffany, I don't see her staying in the Long Island area for 4 years trying to hide. Peaches body was discovered June 28, 1997, she was murdered within 3 days prior, so we have to assume so was Baby Doe.
Tiffanys mother Marie Catherine Dominique was 40 at the time she abducted her, in 1997 she would have been 44. Peaches was described as being between the ages of 16-30. The authorities believe she left the country with Tiffany or is hiding out living in a Haitian Community in the states.

Here is the form for future use to submit matches 2nd link. The 1st link are match making tips.

http://www.doenetwork.org/matches.php

http://www.doenetwork.org/forms/index.php/945274?lang=en

On Mauritius? or different lead? I still think its very worthy to submit both of them and to know for sure if they are rule out.. or not...

Yes on both accounts. I think getting a rule out is definitely helpful! I also found another woman on fb, obviously can't post here, but if you just search combos of her name and put in Haiti you will find someone who could possibly be her.

Do we know if anyone has ever submitted the mauritus lead to whatever agency issued the warrant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998