Charles Manson Returned to Prison After Stay in Hospital

I really can't believe he's lasted this long.

He simply needs a hot cup of tea with 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of Anthrax.

Jmo for now.

I wouldn't want to be a doctor or nurse treating him, or others like him. I know they will be professional and treat him medically as they would any other patient, but they are also human and must have some feelings to be confronted which such a person. I wouldn't want to be in one room with him.
I used to worry at the beginning of my career how I'd treat people who committed crimes if ever in that situation until about 10 or so years ago, I went to work at the Facility in SWF for sexual predators confined due to the Jimmy Ryce Act. Somehow, I was able to give each and every person there the same dignity and compassion I gave others at any other facility I worked at as a nurse. Even though each and every 'resident' (inmate), was a convicted sexual predator, the nurses I worked with were extremely protective and caring for them. I cannot explain it, and we all hated what they each had done, and I am a SA survivor, so it was personal. We all would comment how we were treated better by the 'inmates' than most patients anywhere we worked, including schools-probably because few others there treated them decent. I think nursing is an art and science where most of us look for the good we can do, even to those who denied that compassion to their victims. I honestly don't know how I would act if Manson arrived in the ER, but I would assume that I would treat him in a professional manner...and hope to see some humanity left in him.
But, if you aren't my patient, my opinion isn't so nice. I take that hat off when my shift is up.

I used to worry at the beginning of my career how I'd treat people who committed crimes if ever in that situation until about 10 or so years ago, I went to work at the Facility in SWF for sexual predators confined due to the Jimmy Ryce Act. Somehow, I was able to give each and every person there the same dignity and compassion I gave others at any other facility I worked at as a nurse. Even though each and every 'resident' (inmate), was a convicted sexual predator, the nurses I worked with were extremely protective and caring for them. I cannot explain it, and we all hated what they each had done, and I am a SA survivor, so it was personal. We all would comment how we were treated better by the 'inmates' than most patients anywhere we worked, including schools-probably because few others there treated them decent. I think nursing is an art and science where most of us look for the good we can do, even to those who denied that compassion to their victims. I honestly don't know how I would act if Manson arrived in the ER, but I would assume that I would treat him in a professional manner...and hope to see some humanity left in him.
But, if you aren't my patient, my opinion isn't so nice. I take that hat off when my shift is up.
Well, as one RN to another, I can only say that's who we are... that's what we do. It's an oath, a mindset, and a duty to self. While we're on duty anyway. But, as you say, when we're off duty, it's another thing altogether. Then we're just regular people.

Beautifully said Dockins! It's one of the reasons I believe nursing is truly a calling. I'm honored to be a member of this beautiful profession.

I just read about him and his super young fiancée a few weeks ago. That's all I have to say. I'm a RN too, by the way.

I can't even imagine all the tax payers that have paid all these years for this . He will rot in hell. IMO - he is NOT mentally ill - he is just pure evil.

My first thought when I read about this was: "He's gonna make a run for it!"
Wouldn't get too far now though.
He's the bogie man IMO

Popcorn, I love popcorn.

:popcorn:

I was living down in L.A. when this all came down; found out my friend "Shorty" was a victim of Manson....

Is he dead yet??? Any more "new" news??

:popcorn:

I was living down in L.A. when this all came down; found out my friend "Shorty" was a victim of Manson....

Is he dead yet??? Any more "new" news??

He's not dead. Just heard on news. Hmph...

This turned out to be a really good thread, considering.

A big THANK YOU to all the beautiful nurses. :daisy:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree U2Forever !

Nurses are angels.

Whenever I have been in the hospital I find that later I don't recall the doctors or the medicine.

But I always remember the kindness and wisdom of the nurses. They are absolutely brilliant. I can't say enough kind thoughts about nurses. They are simply amazing people.

U2forever and zencompass, Thank you so much for your kind words. :blowkiss:

And...back to Manson.........

The California State Prison, Corcoran, has medical facilities to treat inmates requiring urgent or emergency care as well as in-patient hospital stays.

"In general, inmates are sent to outside hospitals if they need surgical services, emergency care, or diagnostic services of an acute nature," said Joyce Hayhoe, a spokeswoman for the federal receiver who controls prison medical care. "These services are not provided in state prison facilities."

In November, the state inspector general, which monitors the corrections system, characterized care at Corcoran as "inadequate."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/reports-manson-hospital-officials-alive-44542153

I wouldn't want to be a doctor or nurse treating him, or others like him. I know they will be professional and treat him medically as they would any other patient, but they are also human and must have some feelings to be confronted which such a person. I wouldn't want to be in one room with him.

I have a cousin who treated Dzhokhar in April, 2013. I agree with you. I couldn't do it either. I'd rather get fired.

As for Manson, I hope if he gets cremated that they slip in some popcorn kernels.

But I always remember the kindness and wisdom of the nurses. They are absolutely brilliant. I can't say enough kind thoughts about nurses. They are simply amazing people.

Agree 100% :loveyou:

b2c3d42fa347697e80a4285febba8d9f.jpg

Thank you so much on behalf of nurses everywhere. You are all very nice. And it is appreciated.

But I have to let you in on a little secret. Brace yourselves.

Here's the harsh truth - nurses are not angels. I'm Sorry. But it's true. Just like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and unicorns, there are no nurse angels. I am certainly no angel. And in my 36 years as an RN, I have never met another nurse who is a nurse-angel. There just aren't any. It's a myth.

There are, however, many highly skilled and knowledgeable healers, heroines, and heroes. Those who truly have something special. (Well, and some who fall short, but we won't discuss them.) In my experience, when a nurse starts buying into that and thinking of herself/himself as an angel, that's when we start to see real problems in their behavior and performance.

Are nurses angels of mercy?
They are college-educated science professionals of all genders who use their advanced skills and courage to save lives.

http://www.truthaboutnursing.org/faq/nf/angels.html

But really, Thank You! :daisy:

Iirc it was discovered that she wanted him for his body. Literally. She'd planned on exhibiting his body after he was deceased. He found out and called off the wedding.

Ooh really?! How erm... interesting.

Like how am I supposed to feel about this?

Like it or not he's part of American history. Much like the Unabomber, and that guy who shot up the movie theater during Batman (for real forgot his name) and Adam Lanza.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So... it's been like two days. What's taking him so long to kick?

Two people familiar with the situation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, confirmed Manson’s hospitalization to the Los Angeles Times. TMZ reported Tuesday afternoon that Manson, 82, was taken to Bakersfield hospital, where he was rushed to the emergency room because of gastrointestinal issues.

Citing a person who spoke on the condition of anonymity, the Bakersfield Californian reported that Manson, who is being held at Corcoran State Prison, about 60 miles outside Bakersfield, was signed in as “Joe Doe” when he arrived at Mercy Hospital’s location in downtown Bakersfield. Three prison vans were parked outside the hospital late Tuesday night, the Associated Press reported.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-with-serious-illness/?utm_term=.fa9939e76ceb

:waiting: :juggling: :martini:

Gastrointestinal issues - any guesses? Gallbladder? Cancer? Foreign object stuck up his... ?

Not about Manson's current illness, but a good new article from the LA Times today. Prison or in the ground is where Manson belongs, & although I think we already knew that, this article explains how he continues to be a truly dangerous man.

During his decades in prison, Charles Manson has repeatedly broken rules, caused trouble
During his more than four decades behind bars, convicted murderer Charles Manson — the mastermind behind a gory 1969 Los Angeles killing rampage — has been an unrepentant and incorrigible inmate, repeatedly cited for behavioral problems including hiding cellphones and a hacksaw in his cell.

State corrections officials say Manson, now 82, has incurred more than 100 rules violations since 1971, when he and other members of his so-called family were convicted of killing pregnant actress Sharon Tate and six other people during a bloody rampage in the Los Angeles area during two August nights in 1969.

Over the years, he has been cited for assault, repeated possession of a weapon, threatening staff, and possessing a cellphone, Terry Thornton, a spokeswoman for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, said in an email Wednesday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back