Burke Ramsey Files 750 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if BR shows up for his deposition barefoot & picking at his feet - like he did years ago in his interview. I won't elaborate how I feel about this man/boy - all I can say is "Coddled"???

Cbs probably has years of unedited footage and information on the Ramseys. So Burke should have left cbs alone.

I wonder if BR shows up for his deposition barefoot & picking at his feet - like he did years ago in his interview. I won't elaborate how I feel about this man/boy - all I can say is "Coddled"???

How funny! Perfect description of his interviews as a child.

ETA: Months before release LW, JR and BR were given a preview of the CBS Special. It was then that LW threatened litigation, particularly over the accusations made in part three.

Please cite a source for this, or stop repeating it.

It's important because the admissions on the Dr P show could very well have been made because team R wrongly believed CBS had a smoking gun regarding the flashlight. Those admissions presumably would never have been made if they had seen the shows ahead of time.

In my opinion.

It's important because the admissions on the Dr P show could very well have been made because team R wrongly believed CBS had a smoking gun regarding the flashlight. Those admissions presumably would never have been made if they had seen the shows ahead of time.

In my opinion.

That's a good point. Suddenly putting the flashlight in Ramsey hands after 20 years of distancing seems like the move of someone who thinks there will be a big reveal about, say, Ramsey DNA found in a remote crevice. (Frankly, that's what I expected from the footage of Dr. Lee swabbing the flashlight in the teaser clip.) In reality there was no reveal about the flashlight, just discussion of it as a possible weapon. Not a smart move by LW if he'd seen the doc. Another thing they focus on spinning is Burke's recently released interview tape, specifically the part of him leaving JB out of the family picture he drew, an aspect of his interviews that has been discussed as odd for years in the tabloids (and Kolar's book). It would have been a good preemptive strike...but CBS didn't even touch that one and focused instead on his "I know what happened" and pineapple comments.

And then there are the strange contradictory comments about Burke's Hi Tecs. Lin firmly establishes for the viewers that no Ramsey had Hi Tec boots (something he knows to be a lie since he was with the Ramseys when Levin told them Burke told the GJ he had a pair - but a fact obscure enough he could rightly assume no one would bother to research). Yet Burke establishes that he had a pair of boots with compasses on the laces (ie the Hi Tecs) so that if the issue of Burke owning the shoes is raised by CBS, it can be diminished. Hey, no one was lying, Lin would point out - he just didn't remember the brand name of some shoes he wore when he was 9. But CBS never bothered with the Hi Tec non-evidence anyway. All in all, it's clear that LW knew the doc was focusing on Burke, as CBS reached out to Burke and John for comment and even resorted to standing outside Burke's house (per the deleted footage shown in the promo clip). But we've no reason to think he got a special viewing unless LW said so at some point. Seems like he went into the Dr Phil disaster blind.

All in all, it's clear that LW knew the doc was focusing on Burke, as CBS reached out to Burke and John for comment and even resorted to standing outside Burke's house (per the deleted footage shown in the promo clip). But we've no reason to think he got a special viewing unless LW said so at some point. Seems like he went into the Dr Phil disaster blind.
I can't see anyone giving him a preview of the actual show, but he says he knew "about" the show sometime in advance. So I think you're right, and fearing the worst (because he knows the truth) he panicked and shot his own client in the foot. Especially by having/allowing him and Dr. Phil put the flashlight directly into play.

Well...
I personally am too scared to hope.
Wood ain't stupid. He knows the case was totally botched and this will always be their golden goose to use. Second, they will always be able to use PDI as their defence if in trouble. I wish I could say I believe the experts on the show and CBS will do everything for justice. I just don't feel it. If it were C. Brennan for ex I would have some hope but...

Can someone pls clarify this. They claim fibers consistent with the cord were found in JB's bed. Is this true or not. Can they go to court and just make things up? If this is true it changes most theories. TIA

Can someone pls clarify this. They claim fibers consistent with the cord were found in JB's bed. Is this true or not. Can they go to court and just make things up? If this is true it changes most theories. TIA

I believe that to be true. I was aware of it anyway, so they just didn't make that up. There was also fibres from the brown rope bag in JARs room found in the bed as I remember.

Well...
I personally am too scared to hope.
Wood ain't stupid. He knows the case was totally botched and this will always be their golden goose to use. Second, they will always be able to use PDI as their defence if in trouble. I wish I could say I believe the experts on the show and CBS will do everything for justice. I just don't feel it. If it were C. Brennan for ex I would have some hope but...

The Ramsey's want people talking about this crime. Why do you think John goes on television all the time. If people talk about the case, the media will write about it or produce programs about it and the Ramsey's will sue and settle from now to eternity. This is now a family business, make no bones about it.

In my opinion.

Don't know about 6 months before but I know for a fact that when the special was pulled and cut to four hours LW bragged on Twitter that he was responsible for that. Not sure that he could have done that having not seen it.

That's a good point. Suddenly putting the flashlight in Ramsey hands after 20 years of distancing seems like the move of someone who thinks there will be a big reveal about, say, Ramsey DNA found in a remote crevice. (Frankly, that's what I expected from the footage of Dr. Lee swabbing the flashlight in the teaser clip.) In reality there was no reveal about the flashlight, just discussion of it as a possible weapon. Not a smart move by LW if he'd seen the doc. Another thing they focus on spinning is Burke's recently released interview tape, specifically the part of him leaving JB out of the family picture he drew, an aspect of his interviews that has been discussed as odd for years in the tabloids (and Kolar's book). It would have been a good preemptive strike...but CBS didn't even touch that one and focused instead on his "I know what happened" and pineapple comments.

And then there are the strange contradictory comments about Burke's Hi Tecs. Lin firmly establishes for the viewers that no Ramsey had Hi Tec boots (something he knows to be a lie since he was with the Ramseys when Levin told them Burke told the GJ he had a pair - but a fact obscure enough he could rightly assume no one would bother to research). Yet Burke establishes that he had a pair of boots with compasses on the laces (ie the Hi Tecs) so that if the issue of Burke owning the shoes is raised by CBS, it can be diminished. Hey, no one was lying, Lin would point out - he just didn't remember the brand name of some shoes he wore when he was 9. But CBS never bothered with the Hi Tec non-evidence anyway. All in all, it's clear that LW knew the doc was focusing on Burke, as CBS reached out to Burke and John for comment and even resorted to standing outside Burke's house (per the deleted footage shown in the promo clip). But we've no reason to think he got a special viewing unless LW said so at some point. Seems like he went into the Dr Phil disaster blind.

LW probably said Burke wouldn't consent to be interviewed without seeing rough cut first. Not hard to get what you want when you hold all the cards.

If Burke actually did do it, you would expect Lin Wood to be focused like a laser on the presumption that CBS would head that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget that BR will never be prosecuted even if he admits he did it. Colorado law at that time stated that minors under the age of 10 could not be prosecuted. The only person who *can* be prosecuted at this time is JR, and that could be as an accessory or even the cover up. I look forward to seeing what happens once JR had passed on.

PS: (I do not harbor ill will towards JR and do not want my statement to be interpreted in such a way as to indicate I want him to die.)

PSS: (Every family has secrets. These secrets might be as insignificant as Mom likes her little yellow pills, Dad steps out on Mom, etc. They can also be as damaging as Grandpa sexually abuses the kids, Uncle once accidentally killed a prostitute, etc. The Ramsey is no different. All it takes for the family's secrets to be revealed is for 1 person to not keep them anymore.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't know about 6 months before but I know for a fact that when the special was pulled and cut to four hours LW bragged on Twitter that he was responsible for that. Not sure that he could have done that having not seen it.
I wouldn't believe a word that weasel says. I'm sure he threatened them many times before the show ran, but there is no way he knows any more than you or I why they pulled the third episode. It could simply have been that that 3 nights JBR was considered too much by the powers that be. Or maybe they didn't want to release everything they had for some reason. Or maybe some other party or parties pulled their consent to appear. Regardless, Lin Wood cannot credibly claim he is responsible. He can assume and claim what he likes, but he doesn't know. The entire show was not very well edited, IMHO. So it seems probable to me that it wasn't a matter of them simply taking an ax to the last 2 hours so much as an edit of the full 6 hours to pare it down to 4.

I wouldn't believe a word that weasel says. I'm sure he threatened them many times before the show ran, but there is no way he knows any more than you or I why they pulled the third episode. It could simply have been that that 3 nights JBR was considered too much by the powers that be. Or maybe they didn't want to release everything they had for some reason. Or maybe some other party or parties pulled their consent to appear. Regardless, Lin Wood cannot credibly claim he is responsible. He can assume and claim what he likes, but he doesn't know. The entire show was not very well edited, IMHO. So it seems probable to me that it wasn't a matter of them simply taking an ax to the last 2 hours so much as an edit of the full 6 hours to pare it down to 4.

I won't disagree, but nonetheless it would make sense for CBS to run it by Wood first, note his objections, then run that by their own lawyers. Like him or not, Lin Wood is a very powerful man and not to be treated lightly, even by CBS.

I wouldn't believe a word that weasel says.

That made a me giggle a little and I'm also bored so:

As websleuther I must aver,
I thoroughly examined him.
And he's not only merely a weasely weasel,
he's really most sincerely a weasely weasel.

(Apologies to L. Frank Baum)

I also think if he was actually responsible for getting anything cut he'd talk about it more. He made one or two vague tweets after the news broke, so it doesn't even seem like he knew before it hit the media. Knowing Woody Weasle, if there was any substance to it he would have added it to his list of "Why CBS sucks" talking points he's been flogging in the media.

But maybe it will come up in trial, if that ever happens. Surely they'll discuss the redacted footage. Does LW say anything about it in the filing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members