OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for everyone. Do you think the murderers are following and reading here? IMO if the perps are locals, family, friends, neighbors, coworkers or employers, then I think they are probably reading everything in these threads. Which totally creeps me out :doorhide:

Sadly yes I do. While I cannot say for certain, I would guess they are not registered.

I, too, think about that quite a bit. Coincidences can happen --- but how eerie is it that so many changed plans and the murders happened. I have no theory about it, other than just being unsettled by the sudden changes.

Yes! For the longest time I couldn't get that out of my head. Now I can't get out of my head that it involves someone who changed their plans that night. From reading a recent post I think someone else has the same idea I do.

I, too, think about that quite a bit. Coincidences can happen --- but how eerie is it that so many changed plans and the murders happened. I have no theory about it, other than just being unsettled by the sudden changes.

True. Let's not forget the full moon too. I believe it was used to the advantage of the killers.

Totally agree. Don't know about you, Cryptic, but when I talk about non-local killers I'm not talking about a cartel. I'm thinking more regionally, such as KY or Detroit or maybe even Columbus or Cleveland. Who knows. While I think the hit may have been ordered from a local, I don't think the actual gun men were local.

I agree about the high possibility of non local perpetrators. I dont think the possibility of the perpertrators being a hit squad hired by a local are very high though.

Truly professional hit squads, and especially those willing to murder eight people, are probably extremely rare. I cant see an angry local having the connections or the cash to hire such people. Rather, I think either a direct or an indirect link to a larger orgainization

That there is the existence of such a loosely connected ring is without doubt as I have read articles where cockfighters would travel many miles and many states away with their roosters to go to these events.

That these events are violent affairs for both chickens and humans is indisputable. There have been many murders and fights in connection with these events. Most of the time these are because someone felt they were being cheated.

Though I agree with you about Cockfighting being inherently violent, I just don't see a local *advertiser censored* fighting ring resorting to that kind of violence. A drive by shooting, or a solitary "knock on the door and shoot" type murder sure. But the murder of eight people, including those with no fighting birds etc?

Though cheating people involved in some sort of underground *advertiser censored* fighting Triple Crown could lead to more violence, my understanding is that there were no signs of a "big time" *advertiser censored* fighting operation regarding the victims. Rather, it seemed like it comprised of just a few birds for amateur "fun" out on the back five acres type thing.

There could be a few possible reasons

1) There could have been open tensions in the family and visitors could have changed their plans thinking it's not the right time to visit

2) Another possibility, a person didn't stop because someone else was present

Above are only scenarios. Some of these change of plans are verifiable, others not. No information was disclosed publicly about this.

I think people are wrong in believing this crime being committed by more than 2 people. I believe 1 could easily accomplish this with the knowledge a family member would poccess.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Another poster is adamant this was done by one person, who either is, or has been in LE. I'm still running that thru my mind, trying to see where he's coming from. That's a pretty tall order, especially considering the confrontation he must have had at Chris's house. I guarantee he didn't go down without a fight.

Well people will do anything to save their kids. It gives people control. Also you could have 2 dead in a house before anyone knew something was even happening. You see a family member you wouldn't jump to thinking it was them your brain would take a moment to process what was happening and even more to figure if you woke from a dream or if you really heard something. I've heard of a single gunman taking on 6 people while them all aware and knowing. Some cases of 1 vs 8 especially if they was told they'd live. Mostly though you could just point the gun at a child and who would do much knowing the kid would die for even attempt to do anything.

JMO
Im leaning toward one of the initial theories and sticking with that.

Its too complicated to go into much detail and I dont have any links but the theory was discussed a lot on earlier pages.

It is the theory involving a connection to the Post Office bust.
I am leaning toward a major MJ supplier in California or another state got wind about the Post Office bust and was worried that there were some who were going to work with LE and become informants to stay out of having to do long prison sentences.
The MJ was used to make the oil.

That supplier sent a two person hit squad to take out anyone and everyone that had any knowledge or possible knowledge of their operation. Removing anyone that could ever testify against them in a court of law. And removing any witness that knew about them since they are an out of state organization.

I also think this certain operation that was involved in the shipping had a connection on the inside of the post office and also possibly a LE connection that helped keep the shipping deliveries going without much fear of ever getting caught. Something went seriously wrong on the day the shipments were uncovered at the PO.

As far as I know the last I heard about that PO bust was LE never did arrest anyone because they were trying to bring down the whole chain of command and the higher ups.

Once the killings happened then the chain link was broken since the victims were at the end line and middle line of the chain. Now LE has no way to work back up the chain and the only person left who could make a link is the crooked person who was getting kickbacks from the organization and they have no reason to talk.

All just theory and speculation :)

Well people will do anything to save their kids. It gives people control. Also you could have 2 dead in a house before anyone knew something was even happening. You see a family member you wouldn't jump to thinking it was them your brain would take a moment to process what was happening and even more to figure if you woke from a dream or if you really heard something. I've heard of a single gunman taking on 6 people while them all aware and knowing. Some cases of 1 vs 8 especially if they was told they'd live. Mostly though you could just point the gun at a child and who would do much knowing the kid would die for even attempt to do anything.

I can see your point, and it's a valid one, however, I keep returning to GR's father, saying at the funeral home, that they found two different types of shell casings at CR1's trailer. I tend to believe him, and he made no comment that either CR1, or GR, got any shots off themselves, only the number of times that GR was shot.

Could very well be two guns. I'd bring two myself if I'd have done this if nothing more than to have a active gun during reload. Also tho because you can kill 2 at once while they slept without them ever waking. We had many in beds still.

Could very well be two guns. I'd bring two myself if I'd have done this if nothing more than to have a active gun during reload. Also tho because you can kill 2 at once while they slept without them ever waking. We had many in beds still.

This is true, plus, if one malfunctions you're screwed!

Possible, but if you're halfway prepared, as it seems they were, the shooter(s) more than likely were familiar with their firearms, ammo, (and magazines, too, I'd guess), before going in, and honestly, jamming is something that really doesn't often occur if you take care of your firearm. I'm not convinced there were more than one, but I'm less convinced there wasn't either. It's really fast to load another magazine, if needed, but even more likely, to be prepared and have a high capacity magazine already loaded. Also, I'd guess that HR and CR2 had separate sleeping quarters, as did DR. I think it's possible that DR let the assailant(s) in though.

Could be one person with several guns. Not uncommon...

Somebody posted a while back about an Ohio fund that helped with victims funeral expenses, but would not pay if tox reports found illegal drugs in anybody's system. We have found out this fund did pay for a majority of the final expenses, especially the younger victims. So, if this was drug related, then they must have only been dealers, not users. Of course, I realize this might not have any bearing on the case, but, right now, who knows?

Somebody posted a while back about an Ohio fund that helped with victims funeral expenses, but would not pay if tox reports found illegal drugs in anybody's system. We have found out this fund did pay for a majority of the final expenses, especially the younger victims. So, if this was drug related, then they must have only been dealers, not users. Of course, I realize this might not have any bearing on the case, but, right now, who knows?

I don't recall that the donated funds would not pay if illegal drugs werefound in their system. That info was never released anyway so how would they know?

Here's a link to the guidelines for the victim compensation program. Ohio government these days is extremely conservative, so this kind of restriction isn't surprising. IMO, some of these restrictions seem excessive, esp. the 10 yr window for those having been found guilty of a felony.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/victimscompensation

Who may not be eligible to receive a payment:

Offenders or accomplices of offenders.
Victims who have a felony conviction, or a child endangering or domestic violence conviction, within 10 years prior to the crime or while the claim is pending; or anyone who engaged in a felony offense of violence or felony drug trafficking, within 10 years prior to the crime or while the claim is pending; or anyone who, at the time of the crime, engaged in felony drug possession.
Victims who were minors and do not file within two years of their eighteenth birthday or two years from the date a complaint, indictment, or information is filed against the alleged offender, whichever is later.
Victims whose crimes are not reported to law enforcement.
Victims who do not fully cooperate with law enforcement.
Victims who committed criminal or tortious acts that contributed to their injuries.

If the state helped with the funeral expenses from this fund, it was likely because there were so many victims in one family and the possibly to avoid adverse publicity. JMO.

I think this might be my first time posting on this case here but I have been following. Based on everything I have read, I think this was planned and orchestrated by at least one family member who had help from another person. I'm not sure if this other person was also a family member of any of the Rhodens, or just related to/friends with the person I think was involved. I don't think it had anything to do with drugs, or any other possible illegal activities, but was much more personal than that. I think investigators have a pretty strong hunch who is responsible, but I think they need more direct evidence, and might be waiting to see if anyone talks. I find the latest comments about the investigation from the sheriff very telling and strategic. This is all JMO based on what I have read. I don't think many will be surprised when an arrest(s) finally takes place, again JMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mollyyandme I like your post!!I believe LE knows who the culprit is.
While I certainly don't know who the perps are, if you put the pieces together that we do have, it's obvious the killer was indeed known to the family and knew the homes and properties well.
Reader said in his last article friends, family and neighbors had not been forthcoming. They need to go to him, or he will come for them and they may face charges.
He is determined and not one that known to bluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998