Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. ...... i reckon he was a person of interest or suspect on the 88' case. Either a neighbour or someone of interest during enquires
I wouldn't go as far as saying he was a neighbour (he may well have been) but his name definitely was in the report for the Huntingdale attack. After there was a confirmed DNA link between the Huntingdale/KK/CG attacks I theorize that the police covertly used familial DNA from family members of ALL names that were linked to the Huntingdale investigation which led to a hit for BE, this would have been sufficient enough to gain a warrant and the rest is history.

Yep, checked it out earlier in the week (after I discovered this website and thus the parents address and gave google earth and landgate a hammering) and that particular area I am referring to is pretty thickly vegetated - typical Perth scrubby, marshy bush. There are car tracks (you would need a 4WD to really go in there - and I didn't have time, or a 4WD) that give you access (as you can see from g earth) and I thought that there might have been an unmarked cop car near the oval but they didn't have the CB arials on it, so it was probably just a late model Holden.

Idle hands, it is amazing what your mind can turn to with a week off work. Back to work on Monday so my sleuthing days will probably be very short lived.

I was more interested to see the extent of the development that had gone on in the area and whether or not it was more probable that she was (sadly) already under one of the resi subdivisions. But the 95 map gives me a little more hope that that isn't the case as most of it was pretty open (as per my earlier concealment comments). Would be an even greater tragedy for the family if it turns out she is under some new suburb. D10 bulldozers aren't the most delicate tools and I think there is a massive chance that in getting the civil works done for those areas 10-15 year old bones could have easily been swept up and transported elsewhere and or crushed and lost forever.

So hopefully probability wins out again and she is still in the bush and the family can get a tiny bit of peace.

Yep, checked it out earlier in the week (after I discovered this website and thus the parents address and gave google earth and landgate a hammering) and that particular area I am referring to is pretty thickly vegetated - typical Perth scrubby, marshy bush. There are car tracks (you would need a 4WD to really go in there - and I didn't have time, or a 4WD) that give you access (as you can see from g earth) and I thought that there might have been an unmarked cop car near the oval but they didn't have the CB arials on it, so it was probably just a late model Holden.

Idle hands, it is amazing what your mind can turn to with a week off work. Back to work on Monday so my sleuthing days will probably be very short lived.

I was more interested to see the extent of the development that had gone on in the area and whether or not it was more probable that she was (sadly) already under one of the resi subdivisions. But the 95 map gives me a little more hope that that isn't the case as most of it was pretty open (as per my earlier concealment comments). Would be an even greater tragedy for the family if it turns out she is under some new suburb. D10 bulldozers aren't the most delicate tools and I think there is a massive chance that in getting the civil works done for those areas 10-15 year old bones could have easily been swept up and transported elsewhere and or crushed and lost forever.

So hopefully probability wins out again and she is still in the bush and the family can get a tiny bit of peace.

Great post.... I live in the area and have walked in here a few times and always got the heebie jeebies....Thanks for a decent and logical post Yoillsolveit!

appealed. He was successful. So my google skills informed me

Charged, went to trial, sat there smirking, found guilty, appealed, got off on a legal technicality. one of the witnesses (evidence against another media/music colleague was about this 11 yr old boy he used to drag around everywhere calling him his girlfriend.) Very strange case or was it par for the course

possibly because you were an eye witness from the start.I don't think macro would react from everyone like that.
also possibly because it was made up, I'd struggle to get 5 cars turn up to my house in 5 minutes if I called in an armed and dangerous report let alone just to provide some info for an ongoing investigation.

So lets presume for the sake of argument (notwithstanding legal process) that BRE is the man. ie the sleuthing to find the CSK is complete - thus no real need to keep turning over old ground.

Lets turn our attention to where SS might be.

Lets also remember that very few things in life are "indisputable facts" and that most things are balance of probabilities. So keeping probability in mind...

Probability would indicate he was initially "just" a rapist. He (via the DNA) has demonstrated that he has been "happy" to let a victim go (post rape) ie KK victim. There has been no indication that she escaped. All reporting is that she was let go. If he were a "murderer" / full blown SK why does he let the first one go??

Probability is that SS was a blitz due to the fact that she had called a cab - therefore improbable that she would just grab a lift (within 8 minutes) - also probably not completely falling over drunk as she still had the wherewithal to make the call. A drunk(er) person would probably have hoped to flag a cab down (rather than call), and therefore more likely to accept a lift.

SS was a country kid (father a shearer) and not super petite so she was probably reasonably strong. So BRE grabs her for the purpose of a rape. She fights back a little too well and he then goes over the top and kills her. ie the death is in all probability an accident, and not the primary purpose of the (likely) blitz. Now he has a problem. He has a dead body he needs to get rid of and he is probably pretty panicked, because a "simple" rape that he has done before with success has now gone massively pear shaped. Where do you go and what do you fall back on?

I think in that "stressful" situation probability dictates you fall back on places that you know, but aren't stupidly obvious and problematic (like ones actual backyard). To that end I think you get rid of the body in a place you are deeply familiar with rather than some random place that you likely know less well (eg Eglington and Wellard).

So where is the highest probability place that you know well, that is not as stupid as a backyard, that is suitable for the concealment of a body?

The bushland opposite your parents old place. You would know it like the back of you hand as you probably spent plenty of time in there as a younger kid / man. It is far enough away from your current place (Fountain Way) so as not to be completely obvious (in the same way that there is almost no chance she is in any of the backyards.)

As you can see by the wider view of the attached images (historic from Feb 95 - note north of the map is primarily residential housing in 95 hence not included) it was the heaviest piece of vegetation in the area (other area might be over near corner of Warton and Ranford Roads - Rectangle). I doubt you would use the less vegetated areas as I can't imagine you want someone to drive past and see you with a shovel at 3:30 am. You need the concealment of the vegetation.

The overlay of the map shows where the houses currently are. I don't think she would be under the small northern bit that has been redeveloped as that was done ~2000 and also may have been a little too close to the neighbour with the vineyard / plantation.

So the question is why aren't the cops all over this patch of dirt???

It is a comparatively small (inexpensive to search) piece of ground. It has to be the most probable place for SS to be and even if it turns out she isn't there surely the cost benefit has to be worth a crack. PR win for WAPOL would be massive and would reduce any bargaining for a reduced sentence if they find her without a confession.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
I wonder if she'd spent too much that night hence was catching a cab to mosman and not south perth. In that case she may have accepted a lift. Even cheaper! Especially if she'd run into the nice, social guy earlier. Remember, there was no fear at that time.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

In fact, a free lift all the way to South Perth. Even better!!!

He put the bag over KK head so he probably never intended to kill her

But I think he was working up yo it. If the book devil's garden is correct,JR had throat cut. That's sadistic. Shows he intended to see suffering. Where on earth would he have gone so as to not leave blood? A lot of blood. If that detail is correct.

I personally think that area near Gay street is too risky. Way too many houses around it. I'm wondering if it's toodyay way. Same distance from perth but other direction. To throw police off.

Just one final thought to hopefully support my "close to home" argument. If we accept the presumption that it was a blitz "rape only" (again I think more likely than less), you wouldn't have a shovel in your car. So you are going to need to go home first grab some gear and get cracking.

SS goes missing at ~2:15am. Lets assume the rape / kill takes ~15-45 minutes. So it is now possibly 2:30-3:00am before you are mobile in your car (with no shovel). Its a 30+ min drive to Huntingdale from Clubba, presumably you drive pretty sedately so as to avoid any constabulary on the way home. So it is now 3:00-3:30 and Sunrise is at 5:30 and first light probably 5:00. So there is the possibility that you have as little as 90 minutes to dig a person sized hole (in crappy Perth sand) and be at least back in your car and not carrying a shovel (if not actually at home). I don't know how long it takes to dig a half decent sized hole but I reckon it has got to be at least an hour. It really doesn't leave you any meaningful amount of time to travel too far (as well as come up with a location) from where your tools are.

Of course my theory all starts to unravel a little if it wasn't a blitz and the whole thing was intended to be a kill from the get go, as then you are likely to be prepared with equipment and have a pre-determined final destination.

But I still reckon blitz is the most probable given SS's movements prior, and his previous KK actions.

I wonder if she'd spent too much that night hence was catching a cab to mosman and not south perth. In that case she may have accepted a lift. Even cheaper! Especially if she'd run into the nice, social guy earlier. Remember, there was no fear at that time.

In that case why make the call? If you have met a guy you just go home with him.

Just one final thought to hopefully support my "close to home" argument. If we accept the presumption that it was a blitz "rape only" (again I think more likely than less), you wouldn't have a shovel in your car. So you are going to need to go home first grab some gear and get cracking.

SS goes missing at ~2:15am. Lets assume the rape / kill takes ~15-45 minutes. So it is now possibly 2:30-3:00am before you are mobile in your car (with no shovel). Its a 30+ min drive to Huntingdale from Clubba, presumably you drive pretty sedately so as to avoid any constabulary on the way home. So it is now 3:00-3:30 and Sunrise is at 5:30 and first light probably 5:00. So there is the possibility that you have as little as 90 minutes to dig a person sized hole (in crappy Perth sand) and be at least back in your car and not carrying a shovel (if not actually at home). I don't know how long it takes to dig a half decent sized hole but I reckon it has got to be at least an hour. It really doesn't leave you any meaningful amount of time to travel too far (as well as come up with a location) from where your tools are.

Of course my theory all starts to unravel a little if it wasn't a blitz and the whole thing was intended to be a kill from the get go, as then you are likely to be prepared with equipment and have a pre-determined final destination.

But I still reckon blitz is the most probable given SS's movements prior, and his previous KK actions.

Really like the thought you've put into this scenario. I will just say this though. We know the KK victim was dragged into the work van. She described it as having tools in it from memory. If he used the work van again with SS I'd say he had a shovel in there. I'm assuming you're thinking SS must have been buried as she hasn't been discovered. Likely enough I agree but remember that neither JR or CG were buried. I think the description was something like 'crudely covered with sticks and branches'

He put the bag over KK head so he probably never intended to kill her

But I think he was working up yo it. If the book devil's garden is correct,JR had throat cut. That's sadistic. Shows he intended to see suffering. Where on earth would he have gone so as to not leave blood? A lot of blood. If that detail is correct.

I personally think that area near Gay street is too risky. Way too many houses around it. I'm wondering if it's toodyay way. Same distance from perth but other direction. To throw police off.

I haven't read any of the literature so no idea about causes of death, but this is the photo from 95 with the current overlay taken off and a closer zoom. There aren't really a lot of houses so there is a pretty good buffer all things considered. Agree still risky but coupled with my time post I reckon it is more probable. I reckon you roll the risk dice on familiarity rather than risking more time on the road, daylight and potentially unknown disposal location.

Again my theory is about probability rather than certainty.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 95 Gay.jpg
    95 Gay.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 340
In that case why make the call? If you have met a guy you just go home with him.
I'm suggesting he watched her leave. Grabbed his car then drove past offering a lift.

Right or wrong at the end of the day I guess my theory is more that for the sake of maybe worst case $20,000 it wouldn't be the worst idea to have a good hard look at this area. I know if I were D&C S I would appreciate the effort and I reckon the taxpayer would see it was one of the more meritorious wastes of taxpayer funds if it proved fruitless.

Obviously if anyone else has any solid ideas of potential (ideally low search cost) locations throw them out there.

It just seems a little unfair to me that 2 families might be on the verge of seeing justice and one gets left behind.

But bedtime for me. Keep at it team.

I haven't read any of the literature so no idea about causes of death, but this is the photo from 95 with the current overlay taken off and a closer zoom. There aren't really a lot of houses so there is a pretty good buffer all things considered. Agree still risky but coupled with my time post I reckon it is more probable. I reckon you roll the risk dice on familiarity rather than risking more time on the road, daylight and potentially unknown disposal location.

Again my theory is about probability rather than certainty.

attachment.php
I lived in the area at the time. Always seemed busy with gosnells and Canning Vale around.

One thing's for sure, I seriously hope he gives up her location. I'm not sure how they will make that happen. I can't imagine there'd be any leverage. Only way I can imagine is to stroke his ego.

Thank you Agatha.

This was interesting reading also, if BRE is the man, well he certainly fits the bill of appearing above reproach and yet, hides a sickening dark life of rape and murder.

Mr Edwards’s former state MP Eric Ripper recalls meeting the couple at functions for community volunteers about three times a year, including at Christmas drinks in his electoral office to say thanks to those who gave their time for children’s sport, the disabled and the elderly.
In 2013, it was Mr Ripper’s duty to award Mr Edwards a service medal for 10 years at Kewdale Little Athletics.
“I am deeply shocked, as I’m sure everyone in Belmont is,” Mr Ripper said yesterday.
In October 2008, federal *Liberal MP Steve Irons praised *Mr Edwards in a speech that *acknowledged the work of volunteer sports administrators in his Perth electorate. “The (Kewdale Little Athletics) chairperson, Bradley Edwards, heads up a fantastic committee and a hardworking group of volunteers,” Mr Irons said.
“As we know, without volunteers, sporting clubs and competitions like this would not exist.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d/news-story/f34913420ecf0edf1a4b991994f8254d

I hope this doesn't come across as insensitive but this will make a great book when the dust has settled. It just goes to illustrate how some of these psychopaths hide in plain sight. Three other psychopaths that met politicians and were involved in various altruistic ventures were Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy and Jim Jones. People like these are frightening because they can keep the mask on when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms