Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
A refresher regarding the details of the night SS went missing: https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/the-...-from-a-claremont-street-corner-ng-b88337785z

It seems she spoke to a friend and suggested they catch a cab home together. However, it appears Sarah left alone after the friend left the scene to find the remainder of the group and proceeded to the telephone box to book a cab to South Perth.

Again, another strange and unexplained separation by the victim from their entourage for no apparent logical reason other than perhaps an impatience to get home to bed.

I wish I could find the link so bad (or maybe it was just someone posting on here), but I read not too long ago that one of her friends said JR was basically keen to find a man that night.
I will keep trying to find where I read this but it definitely fits with her not getting in the taxi with them. I think she was waiting for someone she met at the previous bar/club to turn up there and from her interaction with MM...that was him...and I am quite sure he is CSK..

Which was pretty damn brazen of him..be seen in public like that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
It was her friend Linda Donovan on the CIA doco. She roughly said that Jane wanted a boyfriend/to meet someone.

My gut feel is BE was not attending any of these local haunts (CBV, Conti, OBH etc) and had never met any of the girls prior to the abductions. I think Jane saw a guy she liked at The Conti and was waiting outside in the hope that when he left at closing time (12am) he'd approach her. This didn't happen and for whatever reason she started walking.

It'll be amazing if DNA is found after so many years.
The news report I heard said that DNA could be found in places under the carpet or hidden in the vehicle's trims.

Claremont serial killings: Forensics test car linked to accused killer

POLICE are forensically testing a 21-year-old Holden station wagon they believe accused Claremont killer Bradley Robert Edwards may have been driving at the time of the murders.

Police believe the 1995 model white VS Commodore was used by the 48-year-old Telstra technician as his work vehicle during 1996 and 1997 when Sarah Spiers, Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon disappeared.

The Commodore could be significant because fibres believed to have come from the seats of a VS model were reportedly found on Ms Rimmer’s body when it was recovered from bush in Wellard in July 1996.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...r/news-story/6c72e0b800816c7c17018525bcd68229

A refresher regarding the details of the night SS went missing: https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/the-...-from-a-claremont-street-corner-ng-b88337785z

It seems she spoke to a friend and suggested they catch a cab home together. However, it appears Sarah left alone after the friend left the scene to find the remainder of the group and proceeded to the telephone box to book a cab to South Perth.

Again, another strange and unexplained separation by the victim from their entourage for no apparent logical reason other than perhaps an impatience to get home to bed.

There is a logical reason - she wanted to go to the guy's house in Mosman Park. Maybe she was tired, maybe she only had enough money to get a cab to Mosman park, maybe it was a booty call, maybe all three.

Timeline Updated

Excuse formatting

Mistakes just PM me and I will sort them in the next update.

Attachments

• BRE TIMELINE 1968 to 2017.pdf
    266.1 KB · Views: 74
no kidding. maybe SS might be buried right near or right next to an exchange then. Noone would go excavating around them without permits and a whole range of mumbo jumbo. i reckon once they are in too there wouldnt be much reason to be excavating around them unless extending but i wouldn't imagine that being common
I think the baseline at the Gnangara OTC site was previously searched for a missing person a couple of years ago, otherwise I'd start there, being private property, no one would Bush walk around there and it's owned by Telstra

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

There is a logical reason - she wanted to go to the guy's house in Mosman Park. Maybe she was tired, maybe she only had enough money to get a cab to Mosman park, maybe it was a booty call, maybe all three.

True. All very logical albeit hypothetical possibilities. The facts are few and far between . . .

Out of interest, was the door man at the club (who reportedly knew Sarah quite well and of whom was quite possibly one of the last people to chat to her before she proceeded to the phone box) ever identified?

He may well be able to recall if she revealed her plan for the night in that passing polite conversation to clarify.

hi, where the one year come from?
It's only been recent weeks he's been on the radar. According to news article today and prior to Xmas.
Sorry. I thought the police said they made a major break through in 2015. I'm assuming it's this. Depending on the evidence, they may have taken a while to investigate/watch him before arrest. I wonder what they saw seeing the arrest was do dramatic.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Has BRE's DOB been confirmed?

Date of birth is either 6 or 7 of December I think from memory. The night he was arrested someone posted a screen shot of his SD's FB page that was sharing a birthday memory from that date and also wishing him a happy birthday for this year

His particular choice of Defense Counsel will all likelihood elect a Judge only trial. Jury trials in WA are optional and are most commonly chosen by unrepresented defendants or against the advice of lawyers, or so a former prosecutor told me

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Not quite. If the accused wants a judge only trial then he or she must make an application for that to the trial judge, who will decide this. The accused does not have the right to a judge only trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies in advance. This post is not related to the Claremont serial killer. But today a guy exposed himself and masturbated infront of me at Lake Monger. He then followed me until he realised I was on the phone to the police at which point he went in the opposite direction. The police missed him by about 1 minute. He got into a white hyundai excel (1994-2000) model with a new style plate possibly beginning with 1A. Does anyone know what year the new plates were introduced? I have been trying to find out. Wondering whether it is worth pursuing with the police further or not. If the number plate combo was common for this type of car then might prove to be a dead end. But if it is a car that has been re-registered might be easier for them to track.

Apologies in advance. This post is not related to the Claremont serial killer. But today a guy exposed himself and masturbated infront of me at Lake Monger. He then followed me until he realised I was on the phone to the police at which point he went in the opposite direction. The police missed him by about 1 minute. He got into a white hyundai excel (1994-2000) model with a new style plate possibly beginning with 1A. Does anyone know what year the new plates were introduced? I have been trying to find out.

The current series is of the form (e.g.: 1ABC-123) introduced in July 1997, commencing with the characters 1AAA-000

Ok thank you. I will follow up with the cops on Monday. This guy gave me the creeps big time and I can't sit by and let it go

Hi, first time poster- I've just been reading the threads.
I'm pretty sure the CIA Documentary said that earlier in the day, SS had been at a friend's house in Mosman Park and it had been suggested that she could crash at their's if needed- it would be cheaper than to go to South Perth.
As for why she left the group- it's as isisaw said- perhaps an impatience to get to bed, and her friends were taking too long for her.

b6bdc350382d2cefff5cef3a3d8d93c4.jpg

Picture source :Google

Do you have a link for this? Wondering where is it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes