GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sills once mentioned her interviewed a female family member who broke down during her interview . Not sure if that was the daughter or could be a daughter inlaw or granddaughter or perhaps other family member . He said he interviewed her twice and that he only interviews twice if the person was not truthful. Nothing has been mentioned about that person since then which makes me suspicious. What made him think she wasn't being truthful? Usually when someone isn't truthful they are hiding something whether it be for themselves or someone they know. Whoever did this knew this area and the house very well as well as the lake and local area.. Lets say someone planned this out like a hit man. 1 why would they pick an elderly couple who had money yet stole nothing from them after they killed them? Random murder as in they just picked a house and decided to behead a victim for kicks? No this couldn't be it because this was a middle class maybe upper middle class family home with plenty of valuables something would have been stolen keep in mind this as a random murder we are talking about so it was done in the spur of the moment which means they had no plan except chaos.

Now lets review what really happened. 2 elderly people were killed, Sills says evidence was found including all forms ( apparently the fingerprints and dna was not in any database which I find odd since this person clearly has a criminal mind. Nothing was stolen = Plenty of valuables including cars, cash, antiques ( old people of all classes have antiques worth stealing. ) No ransom call? very odd since they didn't take anything of value what was the sense of them breaking into the house? This one has been thrown out here before so lets examine this one. A cult killing? Possibly and beheading is a religious thing but I doubt any of those in that cult are still in the area since their leaders arrest and most have probably gone far away from there to rebuild. Seems they have gone back towards New York area and they probably wouldn't want to come back for fear of being recognized but it's still possible because of the beheading but even they would take some valuables or cash wouldn't they? What was to gain by killing an 99 year old man and beheading him and killing an 87 year old woman and dumping her body in the lake with blocks tied to her?

Well I guess if nothing else they have plenty of family fingerprints since they had visited just recently...........though I doubt the daughter or other family member actually DID it but could have hired a hitman....she heard a noise and got up from puzzle to investigate or answer the door to someone she recognized, they hit her then went after him................WHY...........WHO......................and there have been police impersonators in or near that area I think last year, so clearly this was a HIT but hired since nothing was taken, very professional to leave no trace, but hired by whom and of course none of these want bullet left behind either no matter who they work for

So sorry to hear that about Foxfire. I always thought his insight was highly intelligent and dedication to solving crimes was second to none. I'm going to miss his thoughts and good humor. R.I.P Foxfire

Foxfire post #164 - 06/28/2014

Found Deceased GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Dermond-88-Putnam-County-2-May-2014-8/page11

NJ State VS Savage
http://nj.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19900719_0040484.NJ.htm/qx
A jury convicted defendant, Roy Savage, of the capital murder of Carolyn Hubbard and sentenced him to death.

<I am only 20% into the book Ungodly; by Bill Olinski; AJC Journalist's decade plus journey investigating Dwight Malachi York. In 1979, York was the leader of the Ansaru Allah Community in Brooklyn, NY. His right hand man; Roy Savage; Hashim the Warrior, was the leader of DMZY's security force; the Mujahid; a well trained and disciplined paramilitary.organization>

For more info on the Nuwaubian Cult go to the parking lot thread:
The Parking Lot - Nuwaubian Cult
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...uwaubian-Cult/page12&highlight=nuwaubian+cult

Bumping for Foxfire! #RIP Let's solve these murders!

Oh no!
RIP Glenn (Foxfire and Wolfscratch) Adams
I will truly miss him.

Sills once mentioned her interviewed a female family member who broke down during her interview . Not sure if that was the daughter or could be a daughter inlaw or granddaughter or perhaps other family member . He said he interviewed her twice and that he only interviews twice if the person was not truthful. Nothing has been mentioned about that person since then which makes me suspicious. What made him think she wasn't being truthful? Usually when someone isn't truthful they are hiding something whether it be for themselves or someone they know. Whoever did this knew this area and the house very well as well as the lake and local area.. Lets say someone planned this out like a hit man. 1 why would they pick an elderly couple who had money yet stole nothing from them after they killed them? Random murder as in they just picked a house and decided to behead a victim for kicks? No this couldn't be it because this was a middle class maybe upper middle class family home with plenty of valuables something would have been stolen keep in mind this as a random murder we are talking about so it was done in the spur of the moment which means they had no plan except chaos.

Now lets review what really happened. 2 elderly people were killed, Sills says evidence was found including all forms ( apparently the fingerprints and dna was not in any database which I find odd since this person clearly has a criminal mind. Nothing was stolen = Plenty of valuables including cars, cash, antiques ( old people of all classes have antiques worth stealing. ) No ransom call? very odd since they didn't take anything of value what was the sense of them breaking into the house? This one has been thrown out here before so lets examine this one. A cult killing? Possibly and beheading is a religious thing but I doubt any of those in that cult are still in the area since their leaders arrest and most have probably gone far away from there to rebuild. Seems they have gone back towards New York area and they probably wouldn't want to come back for fear of being recognized but it's still possible because of the beheading but even they would take some valuables or cash wouldn't they? What was to gain by killing an 99 year old man and beheading him and killing an 87 year old woman and dumping her body in the lake with blocks tied to her?

Might wonder if they'd live to be 100, seems they were in good health.......somebody may have needed something and thought the same? but foxfire RIP would beg to differ on some of your post! LOL

Might wonder if they'd live to be 100, seems they were in good health.......somebody may have needed something and thought the same? but foxfire RIP would beg to differ on some of your post! LOL

Indeed he would, indeed he would!

I just wish they would give more information about the man seen on the Dermonds' property. I would have loved to have seen a drawing of him.

The case, involving two prominent Atlanta figures -- Tex McIver, 75, is a lawyer with the Fisher and Phillips law firm and Diane McIver, 63, was president/CEO of Corey Airport Services -- has received and continues to receive widespread attention from Atlanta media outlets. Tex McIver grabbed Atlanta headlines again earlier this week when the CBS 46 Atlanta TV station aired reports saying Tex McIver had owed $350,000 to his wife -- money she had reportedly loaned to help pay for improvements at a Putnam County ranch the Atlanta couple owned on Pea Ridge Road. The loan was reportedly originally supposed to be paid back in 2014, but McIver had received an extension to 2017.

https://etypeservices.com/SWF/LocalUser/Eatonton1//Magazine151973/Full/index.aspx?II=151973#9/z

My goodness! I remember when Mr. McIver donated to the Dermonds' fund for information leading to their murderer. He wrote a letter to the editor about the murders and everything. Need to dig that up again.

Haven't been keeping up with this thread like I should. And just want to think out loud.

They have fingerprints and DNA which don't match anything in the system? Just because someone has a criminal mind doesn't mean that they have a criminal record. Whenever I refer to someone as having a criminal mind, it means that I think they are a criminal who has never been caught. I go back and forth between who I think committed this crime. Sometimes, I wonder if the killer was a surgeon, because if I remember correctly, Sills stated how clean the cut was.

How long do fingerprints and DNA remain anywhere? I would assume that everyone who has been in the home (i.e. family, repairmen, etc.) have been fingerprinted. And if it's been a long time since someone has been in that home... and their fingerprints are found in the home, can LE do anything if they have no other evidence?

https://etypeservices.com/SWF/LocalUser/Eatonton1//Magazine151973/Full/index.aspx?II=151973#9/z

My goodness! I remember when Mr. McIver donated to the Dermonds' fund for information leading to their murderer. He wrote a letter to the editor about the murders and everything. Need to dig that up again.

can't read that link bootsctr.....Im not a subscriber but here is the story........I remember that story! I did not know he had ties to Putnam county!! Pearidge road fwiw is about halfway beetween lake sinclair and lake oconnee......very interesting thanks for sharing!....http://www.11alive.com/news/tex-mciver-i-passed-polygraph-test/329645671 adding the news article about loan from another source http://www.myajc.com/news/breaking-news/mciver-borrowed-350-000-from-wife/4Pw2UlQyT7gwLSyKnE4KUI/

Quote Originally Posted by dancinunderthemoon :

You are so right. He set me a few private messages about his theories. :)

Thanks to bootsctr latest post, my mind is reeling! My husband had a stroke last year and I've not been engaged here much but current thoughts are............................A suspect living in the area could pass thru the gates of GW without suspicion coming and going,........A suspect living in the area would know if the D's were attending the Derby party............A suspect in the area would know the lake well...............A suspect who was in the field of law to some degree might know well how to make a crime look like a hit..............A suspect knocking at the door of a friend would be let in readily................Since nothing was taken, could there have been a private loan to someone? I wonder too Canaille, about evidence, the perp may go free...... I too wish we had a description of the man on the lawn Bootsctr and I would sure like to know who attended the Derby party and who attended late possibly or who was acting strange if in attendance............Oh FF I miss your input! Here is a map of a few wellknown residents and Lawrence Shoals I mapped out ..........there are 2 downtown eatontons, one in historic downtown bewteen(sortof) lake sinclair and Lake oconne and the new eatoton area 10miles or so north near I20 where GW and RP is, on lake oconee......................https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Gre...0047e03443!2m2!1d-83.2377483!2d33.3960358!3e0

and this, wonder what else that wasn't reported.......
of course that was long ago......just can't get over he was living in GW a mile and 1/2 from the Dermonds......http://www.myajc.com/news/local/tex...90-shooting-teens-car/NgCSQDruQjiEL6gCVfsW7I/

Sills never said if they got a hit from the fingerprints or dna that I recall but he said he had all evidence, this sounds like it could possibly be someone close to them and he can't prove the evidence left was from that weekend. Sills can't possibly not have a suspect if he has the evidence he claims to have. My bet is he knows exactly who did this and he's just gathering more concrete evidence. Feds showing up could mean this person was from out of state as the feds can pursue people in other states easily as opposed to Sills department . Why hasn't there been any updates in almost a year? Keeping quiet hoping this will fade away and the suspect slips up is a strong possibility and the only thing that makes sense to me.. Or maybe he has nothing

Sills never said if they got a hit from the fingerprints or dna that I recall but he said he had all evidence, this sounds like it could possibly be someone close to them and he can't prove the evidence left was from that weekend. Sills can't possibly not have a suspect if he has the evidence he claims to have. My bet is he knows exactly who did this and he's just gathering more concrete evidence. Feds showing up could mean this person was from out of state as the feds can pursue people in other states easily as opposed to Sills department . Why hasn't there been any updates in almost a year? Keeping quiet hoping this will fade away and the suspect slips up is a strong possibility and the only thing that makes sense to me.. Or maybe he has nothing

Seems like I remember, but maybe not this case IDK, but was Sills REQUIRED to call in the FBI for this case...but not GBI?? Except for autopsy.............and I agree, all are very plausible........hahaha You know i just thought of the meeting they had at GW way back, he invited ALL the area or neighborhood to come in to give all the info they knew or be questioned about suspicious things..........wonder how many finger prints he collected on glasses haha............AND, just remembered, didnt SOMEONE on the list not show up for that meeting? Been so long............Also, bootsctr did you find the interview or article of McIver interview on the death of the Dermonds? Would like to hear what he had to say, not many came forward IIRC except their preacher, Keys.......and McIver??

Hmm, IDK, seems Sills is as confused as we are......theories abound......this article, sills says RD was NOT shot .......and that he was decapitated AFTER he was bludgeoned to death Iof course no VISIBLE stab or gunshot wounds below the shoulders)................http://jimfishertruecrime.blogspot.com/2014/05/who-murdered-and-decapitated-88-year.html

THIS article, states that Sills beleives RD was shot..............http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...gia-elderly-couple-slain-year-later/70875900/

My question is, if there wasn't much blood splatter, then if shot in th ehead, wouldnt there be?

Also, I think it was because SD was MISSING the reason the FBI was called in

Was looking for McIver interview

I can't remember now why the FBI was called in unless it was because of the suspected kidnapping but then again, wasn't Lake Oconee also federal land that was leased to GA Power?

If he was bludgeoned to death, that would cause a lot of blood.
Didn't we suspect at the beginning that he was shot in the front yard and then dragged into the garage? Maybe the person seen in the front yard was using a hose to wash the blood away from himself and from the actual spot where RD was killed and beheaded?

If he was bludgeoned to death, that would cause a lot of blood.
Didn't we suspect at the beginning that he was shot in the front yard and then dragged into the garage? Maybe the person seen in the front yard was using a hose to wash the blood away from himself and from the actual spot where RD was killed and beheaded?

I dont know if it was ever determined by Sills sure that he was dragged inside from outside , I remember here it was discussed alot, , I remember there was a few feet of drag marks mentioned in an earlier article also that he could have just been moved or turned for better positioning, gross but wouldnt someone need to be on their back..........but bludgeoned could mean ONE HIT in the head that killed him couldnt' it? There was nothing to determine how bad he was hit or bludgeoned, then each article quote of sills flip flops, so IDK, ..............BUT yes the FBI was called due to the fact that SD was missing and mpossibly kidnapped, she was in green county when found? lived in putnam.............and IIRC, it was reported there was very little blood spatter in teh garage, and becasue so, determined he was beheaded after he was killed...........but if there was a gunshot to the head, there would be a blood splatter high and low and all over the cars etc if it happened in garage, why I think one hit to the head might not create spatter.....also, dont recall if there was any blood found outside, i dont think it could all be washed away could it? Would lumlnol detect it outside even after it was rinsed of obvious blood? Did Investigator do a luminol test inside and out?

guy33 post had me question some things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member