UK UK - Caroline Glachan, 14, Renton, Scotland, 24 Aug 1996

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/75...oline-Glachan-pleads-people-step-forward-1996

Caroline was last seen after visiting with friends and her body was found on August 25, 1996 – her mother’s birthday – in the River Leven in Bonhill, Dunbartonshire.

She had been viciously beaten although there were no signs of robbery or sexual assault...

Today, as Mrs McKeich marks her daughter’s birthday, the heartbroken mother who had four miscarriages and a stillbirth before the difficult pregnancy and birth of her much-wished for child, said: “Although Caroline is in my thoughts daily, the fact that she would have been 35 today really brings home the overwhelming loss that I feel with her not here."

https://www.sundaypost.com/news/mum-sees-new-hope-long-fight-justice-daughter-murdered-20-years-ago/

Margaret, 60, has been buoyed by a fresh Police Scotland probe into Caroline’s death which she hopes will finally see justice done for her daughter...

The schoolgirl had been killed in a frenzied attack during which she suffered horrific head injuries. Her body had been dumped in the river fully clothed – apart from her shoes...

Detectives hope the new inquiry – supported by an appeal on the BBC’s Crimewatch programme – will finally snare Caroline’s killer. And forensic scientists are re-examining more than 300 items collected at the time of her death.

Hey. I really dont know if this is any help but I suppose a Google is as good as anything right? This might be something I suppose... Also forgive me because this is my first reply on WS. If this link doesn't work, I'm sorry. This case is awful.

Caroline Glachan - Police Scotland

Caroline was killed by a local and the identity of this person is being kept secret by individuals in the community. The police are positive that someone in the local community holds the key to unlocking this case. It’s unclear, though, who this “someone” might be. Caroline’s new boyfriend? Someone known to Caroline? A stranger? Caroline hadn’t been robbed or sexually assaulted. This makes me seriously wonder about the motive behind this “violent attack.”

There is, however, a person of interest in Caroline’s case. A taxi driver, who had known Caroline since she was a child, saw her walking along Dillchip Loan at around 12:15 am. He also saw a man approaching Caroline from behind. The man was wearing a dark green hooded top and had “sharp features.”

Caroline’s loved ones are steadfast in their quest for answers. Like the authorities, they believe that someone in the local community knows something. Joanne, Caroline’s best friend, explained, “Caroline was only 14 when she was murdered. There’s people who know who done it, or who are shielding whoever done it and I would ask them to come forward.”

The Unsolved Murder of Caroline Glachan

This is all 2018 I found tonight. I have no idea if I quoted anything right, I'm just getting to grips with the website. I hope something comes of this case for this poor girl and her mother. I can't deal with cold case!

"Caroline was killed by a local and the identity of this person is being kept secret by individuals in the community. The police are positive that someone in the local community holds the key to unlocking this case."

From the article above. . . why? Why do small towns (no matter where they are, US or UK) hide the killer? I grew up in a small town in Texas and cannot understand this mentality. It is horrible.

Three people are due to appear in court in connection with the death of 14-year-old Caroline Glachan.

Caroline's body was found in the River Leven, near to Place of Bonhill in Renton at around 4pm on Sunday, August 25 1996

Police have confirmed this morning that they have arrested two men, aged 42 and 43 and a woman aged 42.

Three people arrested and charged in connection with death of Caroline Glachan

I’m really glad arrests have finally been made for Caroline’s murder.

The Unsolved Murder of Caroline Glachan

This is all 2018 I found tonight. I have no idea if I quoted anything right, I'm just getting to grips with the website. I hope something comes of this case for this poor girl and her mother. I can't deal with cold case!
I wonder if there is any link with Christopher Halliwell here as his MO is to dump in rivers.
Halliwell travelled widely was keen on fishing and the Modus Operandi is the same leaving his victims beaten and on the waters edge.
I also have a strong feeling about Overtoun bridge in Dumbarton, the same town. Possibly more bodies to be found there which would account for dogs mysteriously jumping into the water. Possibly sensing the smell of death
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...ws/mystery-dog-suicide-bridge-50-14202654.amp

Three people are due to appear in court in connection with the death of 14-year-old Caroline Glachan.

Caroline's body was found in the River Leven, near to Place of Bonhill in Renton at around 4pm on Sunday, August 25 1996

Police have confirmed this morning that they have arrested two men, aged 42 and 43 and a woman aged 42.

Three people arrested and charged in connection with death of Caroline Glachan

I’m really glad arrests have finally been made for Caroline’s murder.
I am pleased to hear these arrests have been made and it will be interesting to see what comes to light at the trial. I think still a good idea to look at all angles and I remain open minded. Police obviously have some kind of non circumstantial evidence though so we will wait and see.

I can't find any updates. Hopefully, the three people who were arrested last year will go on trial soon so her family can get some justice.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back