Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to BE's antics after getting drunk at the wedding, people have described it as an act of social akwardness that led to excessive drinking, others have assumed he is "cheap drunk" or just can't handle his alcohol.

Another scenario is he was at a wedding, the booze was free, drink up. I barely ever drink, but at work break ups when the boss throws down a bar tab, I get utterly shitfaced.
To be fair in all the Crocs newsletters, I only saw BE mentioned once for his drunken antics whereas I saw other names multiple times (sometimes in the same newsletter!) . Names like "Stalker" and "The Urinator" . Seems it was quite an achievement really in their group to get totally sloshed and BE didn't make the headlines often. He was one of the few probably embarrassed to be named and shamed as that drunk.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I would say, it looks like he was at some stage a linesworker, likely taking him all over the place. I would say if there's a link between his work and the locations JR and CG were found it would be safe to assume it would exist for SS.
I am not entirely convinced by the North, South, East theory. Assuming SS was the first, it is possible he used a similar abduction MO to KK but something happened along the way leading him to move to having to think about disposing of a dead body.
His primary motive appears to be sexual. Murder was potentially an unintended consequence at that point with SS. I think JR was possibly the point he'd decided he's already evil enough to kill and get away with it. SS had not been found, so why not use this method again?

With CG he knew JR had been found in Wellard, so he's established he cannot go back to that area. Instead he goes North in an attempt to throw police off.
I am of the belief the more likely location of SS would then be a familiar location for him (example previous work area, fishing location) somewhere remote enough she wouldn't be found easily but not too unlike JR's location. I think it would most likely be south, a bit closer to where he lived and in shrub off a road that is quiet. Reason I say it would be closer to his place is he's not on the radar at this stage and it's his first one, so he's not going to be as careful to put distance from his home. He's going to be more overwhelmed by the situation and possibly a little more intent on getting it over and done with quickly and getting back to normal. I'm also not totally off the idea he dumped her closer to Claremont.

Of course, if SS was not his first kill, my theory is shot to sh**t.

You've read my mind. First victim will be in the direction he lives and is familiar with. It worked so he puts second victim near but not close to the first. She was found and he wanted to draw the attention away from where he lives, hence the next victim found way up north. Sound feasible?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would be nice if we could find absolute proof of a link between a possible sister and one of the victims, it would certainly change an opinion of mine that the girls were targeted based on opportunity alone and were not known to him.

Ah, so the link could be they were acquaintances of his sister's? Interesting. I wonder if his sister was in any sports clubs?

BE is not the first person to get sloshed at a wedding.. Serial killers often have normal everyday lives just like everyone else. Not everything they do is somehow suspect or connected to "that part" of them, Most of them have quite compartmentalised lives....Perfectly normal lives most of the time...with a little side gig going on...

I'm a bit bemused by DNA sampling laws. I thought you would have to give written consent for authorities to take DNA samples. It seems like an invasion of privacy. Insurance companies would love to get hold of everyone's DNA! Its a minefield that we as a society haven't grasped yet, but wait until you try and get health insurance and they (health insurers) know a disease runs in your family.

I agree, he would of meant 'towards Welshpool', when driving to the city its hard to see the stadium properly, but going east it really does look nest like. I drive on the GFF a bit and I would never refer it as towards the airport, more to the industrial areas (Kewdale, Welshpool) if I had to describe it.

I don't think the mentioning of Welshpool is of significance, more that he headed that direction home so using that suburb is common and effectively Welshpool is at the end of the graham farmer freeway.

I (and others before me) have made mention of whether the "Eagles Nest" refers to the location in Gidgiegannup? I do think the post has some significance, either as a location (for SS?) or perhaps simply to notify WAPOL that he knew they were coming. I believe this could well be both of these (infact I think it a given he knew).

I would love to know how often he posted publically on the WCE site, particularly "him" starting the discussion as per the eagles nest line.

- When did he last comment on WCE or other?
- When did he last comment as a initiating author?

There has been some discussion he deleted a previous account and reopened a new one, but I would still like to know his posts (public or otherwise) prior to 22 Dec 2016

BRE is innocent until proven guilty

My point is why bother mentioning where your heading. Why not just say"Gee the new stadium looks such and such" or " hey when you drive past the new stadium doesn't it look such n such"

My point is why bother mentioning where your heading. Why not just say"Gee the new stadium looks such and such" or " hey when you drive past the new stadium doesn't it look such n such"

Maybe you would Maybe you wouldn't I really see nothing sinister in this

He put a lot of thought into everything he wrote online (often editing and adding words that most wouldn't bother) there probably was a reason in his head but I don't see anything in his eagles nest post as cryptic

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I doubt if he was a liney, they didn't usually have cars but worked in teams with small trucks etc. He may have been an exchange/subscriber technician responsible for connecting phone lines to houses/businesses etc. which means he may have frequented exchanges but he wouldn't have "worked" in an exchange unless it was one of the main ones in and around the city.

Another scenario is he was at a wedding, the booze was free, drink up. I barely ever drink, but at work break ups when the boss throws down a bar tab, I get utterly shitfaced.

This seriously made me laugh out loud!

Different Brad Edwards.

What if BE was an umpire for WAFL instead of a player? Or a runner? Or somebody on the periphery of football? Somebody who would have cause to be hanging with the cool players around Claremont?

Way too many things need to line up for that scenario to occur. I'm still of the view that the alleged offender was simply an opportunistic predator. The KK attack affirms that. He didnt know his victims, he simply prowled around in his late model Holden, was well dressed, presented well, probably impersonated a Police Officer, (probably had a fake Freddy), got them into the car with no fuss, no screaming, no scenes to attract attention to what he was doing. Once in the vehicle the unfortunate girls were under his control. It was simply an evolutionary process. The KK attack was crude and messy, the SS pickup clearly went smoothly for him and the heightened alert it caused amongst young women in the area simply assisted his method of pickup. Nervous woman, few drinks, impaired judgement (no criticism intended) seemingly friendly helpful cop, promise of safety in a dangerous area, and in a few seconds they are in the car. Again, no noisy scenes to attract attention.

I totally agree. He has evolved into the next stage of becoming a serial killer. Kalkatta or whatever it's called, was opportunistic, spur of the moment. Messy so he has to sit down and think about the next one, then wait for the right opportunity. He may not have even needed a badge, just tell a drunk person you are a cop and they might believe you. I myself have done a few very dumb things and gotten myself not some strange situations and I was just lucky.

Different Brad Edwards.
For a different Brad Edwards, the facial features look awfully similar to me. He's how I'd expect a younger handsome BRE to look.

Wouldn't surprise me if both Brad's are blood related.

If I had the same first and last name and year of birth as an alleged killer, I'd be wanting to get my recent picture and whereabouts and a more detailed past profile on the internet pretty quickly, to give people a hint that we are 2 different people. Particularly if there was a same sport connection between us and we appeared to come from the same Australian City.

Then again there may be a whole host of personal reasons why the other Brad might prefer not to give himself a public web presence.

I didn't think much of his comments at the time, thought it was BS

Hi, 1st time poster so apologies if I don't get this right first time.

I was 22-25 during the time of the murders. I distinctly remember my Dad telling me 'Trust No-one' because he'd read about a football club/team being at the Hotel at the time of JR and CG going missing. His reasoning was 'the murderer could be young'. Dad only read the West Australian and Sunday Times. Our local paper was The Stirling Times but I don't remember him reading that.

I haven't read every Thread/post but quite a few. I have read some posters saying girls were complacent about the murders until CG. I don't agree with this. As soon as SS went missing my heart was in my mouth. My gut feeling was a serial killer was on the loose. It was horrifying. It was out of the blue and there was nothing to be complacent about. I frequented Claremont when I was 18 and studying around 1990 because I had friends who were from Cottesloe but at the time of the murders wasn't really going out there. Once SS was missing I remember stating 'I'm not going anywhere near Claremont'.
I have a hazy memory of reading in the media at the time CG had been working o/seas and had not been in Perth long before she was abducted. This is the only reason I can see for her being complacent and walking off alone. The fact she wasn't here when SS and JR were abducted. From memory I'm sure she had only been in Perth for a month but this was a long time ago and details may not be correct?? Has this been brought up previously?

I have just spoken to someone he worked with. They said he was quite high up in Telstra level 5? And that he was very lazy which used to annoy his co workers

You have no idea how much I want to hug you right now, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!:loveyou: fingers crossed this ends that!

and please people, don't claim these other posts hide other cryptic clues!
Just until the next batch of new people come in and don't read the previous posts and start on the bloody nest theory...

I have just spoken to someone he worked with. They said he was quite high up in Telstra level 5? And that he was very lazy which used to annoy his co workers
They didn't give you much information?

They didn't give you much information?

Just about how he was a nice person, always well dressed, ( clean neat tidy) friendly. But not someone you would actually take much notice of. Very shocked to hear this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member