Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know all the evidence? It is in the FBI's hands now that Burke is doing time. You can be sure the FBI is revisiting everything in the Shannon case with a fine tooth comb especially evidence that was not probably handled by the SCPD that was fluffed over. It is not a coincidence her body was found with the other victims. You think it was an accident just because Dormer and the Suffolk County LE say it was? along with Burke deemed 'Possibly the Dirtiest Cop in America" by Newsweek. Rest assured the FBI is sorting it all out now. Looking forward to the final determination and arrests.
Common sense tells me Shannan was murdered. Connect the dots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

SO to date there is no final determination by the FBI, they have not ruled it an accident. It does not matter what the SCPD or the commissioner said. If they could be trusted the FBI would not be involved right now. The FBI will over rule any findings of the SCPD as they deem fit. The FBI was called in by Sini to review all the evidence of dead bodies including Shannon Gilbert's that were found on Gilgo Beach, Oak Beach and every where else. If they find evidence proving other wise, they will most definitely OVERRULE the lameness of SCPD.

It's going to take some time but the spirits of Shannan, Melissa, Megan, Maureen, Amber, Jessica, and Mari are screaming loud for justice and people are hearing them. Like the Robbie Robertson lyric "you don't stand a chance against my prayers" Gil go Beach is hallowed ground and a very haunted place. I hope the liskers are scared.

I thought I was imagining the same thing you just said "nefarious".

NEFARIOUS first became popular during a 440 hearing in The Tankleff case. Judge Steven Braslow called a priest and two nuns 'nefarious' when they testified in Tankleff's behalf. BTW, Brewer said 'pie', not 'egg.'

NEFARIOUS first became popular during a 440 hearing in The Tankleff case. Judge Steven Braslow called a priest and two nuns 'nefarious' when they testified in Tankleff's behalf. BTW, Brewer said 'pie', not 'egg.'
I sense there is a deeper meaning to why you posted this.

The question is, why are you assuming something and arguing with people about it, when her death is undetermined? It could have been an accident, yes. But consider the facts.

She may not have been an actual victim that was "dumped" there, for lack of a better word. But that doesn't mean she wasn't meant to be. Clearly things went wrong that night.

The fact of the matter is WE DON'T KNOW. Until the 911 tape is released (IF it is), nobody knows. So we shouldn't sit and argue about something that is simply an opinion and nothing more.

We can throw scenarios and things around all day but we DO NOT KNOW for sure.

However, I've seen many links to support the fact lots of people have been drinking the SC police/political corruption koolaid.
Or maybe you're speaking as a self-proclaimed insider?

The distortions spread by "insiders" has been the Achilles' Heel of online discussions.

The fascinating thing to me is watching their narrative shift from Dr. Hapless to efforts morphing police corruption into some ring of serial killers.

It's another dead end. Smacks of desperation on behalf of certain parties.

http://listverse.com/2016/01/02/10-serial-killer-cops/

This is a list of "cops" that became serial killers. Cross out the security guards and the Chinese, Brazilian and Russian police. How many ACTIVE American cops have become serial killers????? How many American cops were aware of a SK and shielded them?

The distortions spread by "insiders" has been the Achilles' Heel of online discussions.

The fascinating thing to me is watching their narrative shift from Dr. Hapless to efforts morphing police corruption into some ring of serial killers.

This is a list of "cops" that became serial killers. Cross out the security guards and the Chinese, Brazilian and Russian police. How many ACTIVE American cops have become serial killers????? How many American cops were aware of a SK and shielded them?

I agree that jumping to the conclusion that there's some cop serial killing club where they meet on Tuesdays and have members only jackets is ridiculous. But equally ridiculous, imo would be dismissing the fact that Members of SC law enforcement could have some role in this.

I also think that no one could possibly ever know how many cops are aware of sk's and shielded them, if done well. I'm about the most pro law enforcement person on earth. My husband is a state trooper. I struggle to even comprehend that police could have any role in this, but my views are skewed because the cops and people I know are a group of amazing people. Clearly the LE involved with this lisk investigation are not, and so they've opened themselves up to a lot of people who are going to make terrible assumptions about their roles. I'd say those assumptions, for the most part are both deserved and not all together inappropriate. But, that's all my opinion. I really, really hope things are made a whole lot clearer in the near future

I agree that jumping to the conclusion that there's some cop serial killing club where they meet on Tuesdays and have members only jackets is ridiculous. But equally ridiculous, imo would be dismissing the fact that Members of SC law enforcement could have some role in this.

Nothing should be dismissed, but it should be recognized as highly improbable as opposed to the dominant or ascendant theory. And trying to tie Dr. Hapless into some Burke theory makes me cringe.

I also think that no one could possibly ever know how many cops are aware of sk's and shielded them, if done well. I'm about the most pro law enforcement person on earth.

The most pro LE person on earth would be me lol. As far as unknown cop SKs or cops shielding SKs goes, I would suggest that if the phenomena has not been observed, it is a rare thing indeed.

And more to the point: if we know one thing about LISK it is that he ticks almost every box on the description of an organized serial killer. Burke ain't organized.

Jumping the gun and nearly "factualizing" what is likely a remotely possible speculation can and does aid in confusion between facts, speculation, and opinions. Requiring links from MSM and LE helps clear things up, but still the phenomena persists everywhere. I strongly doubt Burke is Lisk. It would be an extreme long shot based on statistics alone.

Instead, I believe Burke and his corrupt associates, above and below him, did not want anyone to open their own sick laundry bags in the process of investigating several cases, especially, the Lisk case. Burke and likely other government officials and/or Suffolk County LE put themselves at the most risk for being exposed because of the similar natures of what Lisk did and what Burke "et al" did. For example, Burke's parties with sex workers, drugs, and other illegal doings, and Lisk who murdered sex workers. I would think of all the cases to prevent from being properly investigated, Lisk would be it.

Nothing should be dismissed, but it should be recognized as highly improbable as opposed to the dominant or ascendant theory. And trying to tie Dr. Hapless into some Burke theory makes me cringe.

The most pro LE person on earth would be me lol. As far as unknown cop SKs or cops shielding SKs goes, I would suggest that if the phenomena has not been observed, it is a rare thing indeed.

And more to the point: if we know one thing about LISK it is that he ticks almost every box on the description of an organized serial killer. Burke ain't organized.

I agree, RA. I keep the idea that Burke and/or his associates are involved directly with Lisk. But, it is on the the top shelf in the back closet, and I need a ladder to get to it. For now, the idea that Burke "et al" want to keep the FBI and honest LE away from certain cases, especially Lisk, is on one of the easier shelves to reach.

Jumping the gun and nearly "factualizing" what is likely a remotely possible speculation can and does aid in confusion between facts, speculation, and opinions. Requiring links from MSM and LE helps clear things up, but still the phenomena persists everywhere. I strongly doubt Burke is Lisk. It would be an extreme long shot based on statistics alone.

Instead, I believe Burke and his corrupt associates, above and below him, did not want anyone to open their own sick laundry bags in the process of investigating several cases, especially, the Lisk case. Burke and likely other government officials and/or Suffolk County LE put themselves at the most risk for being exposed because of the similar natures of what Lisk did and what Burke "et al" did. For example, Burke's parties with sex workers, drugs, and other illegal doings, and Lisk who murdered sex workers. I would think of all the cases to prevent from being properly investigated, Lisk would be it.

This is very well put and I agree with pretty much all of it. Not being from anywhere around NY or SC and not having lived/seen the obvious corruption, my mind is just blown that it exists, and that it's been allowed to go basically unchecked. BLOWS.MY.MIND. Around these parts if you got caught with *advertiser censored* of any sorts in your patrol vehicle (let alone child, allegedly) you would be gone. This seems like the most innocent of burkes offenses which went unchecked. How do you ever even find out how deep this corruption goes when it seems like just about every player is a part of it, even if unknowingly.

For now, the idea that Burke "et al" want to keep the FBI and honest LE away from certain cases, especially Lisk, is on one of the easier shelves to reach.

I think the problem lies with the word "especially" here. Burke couldn't very well say to the FBI "Stay away from everything except LISK". If he is going to keep them at bay, he's keeping them at bay.

I think it is crucial that we all stay focused on Shannan. It has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that she was actually a victim of foul play, even though I firmly believe she was.

I am not sure the LISK, was involved in her death either. However I believe if we learn the true facts of that night/morning in Oak Beach, it might lead us to discover who is the LISK. Speculating who might be the LISK is not productive.

Most of us do not know what the FBI has discovered if anything, related to Shannan and the Gilgo 4. I think it is crucial to focus on the people who interacted with Shannan that night and their interrelationships.

As a side point, I am not familiar with New York state laws regarding Grand Juries. Am I right in believing that Grand Juries have investigative powers? Could the New York State Attorney General launch an investigation through a Grand Jury which would compel certain witness to disclose information. If not through a Grand Jury then through some other investigative commission. It has been six years, already one witness has died (Gus Coletti). How cold does this case have to get?

Some questions to ask,
*What was the relationship between MP and JB, had they ever had dealings previously?
*Did MP or JB know the Gilgo 4?
*Did JB meet CPH that night, or at least speak to him?
*Was SG in CPH house?
and so on and so on.

Focusing on "the" Shannan is the best single way to not catch "the" LISK.

the 'the' before Shannan, was typo, sorry.

If catching the LISK is your goal, how could other sleuthers/investigators interested in learning all the facts regarding Shannan's death negatively impact on catching the LISK?

I am sorry I don't follow. Please explain.

Remember without Shannan we would not know about the existence of the LISK, we owe her that much at least.

Thanks

WINDSOR

I sense there is a deeper meaning to why you posted this.

No hidden meaning. 20+ witnesses testified at Tanleff's hearing, including a priest and 2 Nuns and this *advertiser censored* judge called them 'nefarious scoundrels'' He would deny the motion only to have it reversed by the appellate court in an opinion that raked this Spota Kool-Aid drinker over the coals.

Remember without Shannan we would not know about the existence of the LISK, we owe her that much at least.

Thanks

WINDSOR

No question there. In a better world it would have been enough instead of turning her involvement into a media circus and a lawsuit.

I think it is crucial that we all stay focused on Shannan. It has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that she was actually a victim of foul play, even though I firmly believe she was.

I am not sure the LISK, was involved in her death either. However I believe if we learn the true facts of that night/morning in Oak Beach, it might lead us to discover who is the LISK. Speculating who might be the LISK is not productive.

Most of us do not know what the FBI has discovered if anything, related to Shannan and the Gilgo 4. I think it is crucial to focus on the people who interacted with Shannan that night and their interrelationships.

As a side point, I am not familiar with New York state laws regarding Grand Juries. Am I right in believing that Grand Juries have investigative powers? Could the New York State Attorney General launch an investigation through a Grand Jury which would compel certain witness to disclose information. If not through a Grand Jury then through some other investigative commission. It has been six years, already one witness has died (Gus Coletti). How cold does this case have to get?

Some questions to ask,
*What was the relationship between MP and JB, had they ever had dealings previously?
*Did MP or JB know the Gilgo 4?
*Did JB meet CPH that night, or at least speak to him?
*Was SG in CPH house?
and so on and so on.

The New York State Grand Jury:Under New York State law, unless the defendant consents, all felony cases must be presented to the Grand Jury. Grand Juries are empowered to hear evidence presented by prosecutors, and to take various actions regarding the evidence and legal charges they are to consider. The Grand Jury can also conduct independent investigations. Grand Juries sit for a term of approximately one month. Each Grand Jury is comprised of 23 citizens who hear and examine evidence concerning offenses and take action based on such evidence.

The Grand Jury can vote an
indictment (a written statement charging an individual with the commission of a felony), direct the filing of a prosecutor's information (which contains non-felony charges), direct the removal of a case to Family Court, or issue a report. For the first three actions, the Grand Jury must determine that the evidence is legally sufficient and that it provides reasonable cause to believe that the defendant has committed the crime. Otherwise, the Grand Jury dismisses the matter. If the Grand Jury votes an indictment, the case is adjourned to a Supreme Court Arraignment Part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23