GUILTY SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston, 2015; Dylann Roof GUILTY #3

Chad K. Mills ‏@ChadKMills 2m2 minutes ago
The jury steps out. Roof's face doesn't show any emotion. @wis10 #RoofTrial #DylannRoof #BREAKING

Chad K. Mills ‏@ChadKMills 1m1 minute ago
Now, the court is working out the details of scheduling the sentencing hearing. @wis10 #RoofTrial #DylannRoof #BREAKING

Karina Bolster ‏@KRBolster 1m1 minute ago
Gergel would like to hold the sentencing hearing tomorrow at 9:30. Prosecution asks for more time. #chsnews #RoofTrial #RoofVerdictWatch

The hearing will be conducted at 9:30 tomorrow morning. @wis10 #RoofTrial #DylannRoof #BREAKING

Karina Bolster ‏@KRBolster 53s54 seconds ago
Prosecution wants to allow time for more family members to process what they just learned. #chsnews #RoofTrial #RoofVerdictWatch

Sentencing hearing WILL be conducted at 9:30 tomorrow AM. That's when formal sentence will be given. #chsnews #RoofTrial #RoofVerdictWatch

Karina Bolster ‏@KRBolster 53s54 seconds ago
#DylannRoof stands and requests motion to appoint new lawyers to filed for a retrial. #chsnews #RoofTrial #RoofVerdictWatch

Roof stands to speak. "I'd like to request court-appointed new lawyers," Roof says. @wis10 #RoofTrial #DylannRoof #BREAKING

His current attorneys, David Bruck and Kim Stevens sit beside him. @wis10 #RoofTrial #DylannRoof #BREAKING

Karina Bolster ‏@KRBolster 2m2 minutes ago
Karina Bolster Retweeted Chad K. Mills
Both sit looking at the table and occasionally glancing up at the judge. #chsnews #RoofTrial #RoofVerdictWatch

[video=twitter;818939581059960833]https://twitter.com/KRBolster/status/818939581059960833[/video]

"I feel like that I haven't heard...why they would not be appropriate filing...motions," Gergel responds. @wis10 #RoofTrial #DylannRoof

"I'm strongly disinclined," Judge Gergel says to Roof's request for new court-appointed lawyers. @wis10 #RoofTrial #DylannRoof #BREAKING

Chad K. Mills ‏@ChadKMills 10s10 seconds ago
"Think about it overnight," the judge tells Roof. @wis10 #RoofTrial #DylannRoof #BREAKING

had K. Mills ‏@ChadKMills 2m2 minutes ago
"Very good," Gergel says. "9:30 tomorrow morning." @wis10 #RoofTrial #DylannRoof #BREAKING

Court in recess until 9:30 a.m. Wednesday morning when the formal sentencing will take place. #chsnews #RoofTrial #RoofVerdictWatch
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/KRBolster

https://twitter.com/ChadKMills

https://twitter.com/postandcourier

https://twitter.com/CarterCoyleWCSC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yep, I am surprised.

ETA: especially so because of the jury questions. I am anti-DP but have nothing but respect for these jurors.

Still contend we need professional juries in this country.

Thanks to these folks who provided an important civic duty.

We don't have a federal facility here in SC and he'll go to Indiana. Local news here reporting.

Carter Coyle Live 5 ‏@CarterCoyleWCSC 4m4 minutes ago
Family members were quietly crying and praying as Jury's decision read, sentencing Dylan Roof to death. #RoofTrial #BREAKING

We don't have a federal facility here in SC and he'll go to Indiana. Local news here reporting.

Question for anyone, does that mean he will be executed under indiana or south carolina? And will he return to south carolina for the state trial? TIA

The Post and Courier Retweeted
Andrew Knapp ‏@offlede 16m16 minutes ago
Dylann Roof sentenced to death. But execution likely a ways out. Also faces state #RoofTrial. Points to consider: http://www.postandcourier.com/archi...cle_157d0493-a5a9-50c5-9221-a15f5ddd7046.html …

C11zv6YUAAAVkkQ.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark Sanford ‏@RepSanfordSC 3m3 minutes ago
Dylann Roof's sentencing brings closure in the wake of tragedy, & accordingly, my continued prayers go out to the families affected...

C113wbQWQAAypCR.jpg

Karina Bolster ‏@KRBolster 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Statement from #DylannRoof's attorney and family comes in. #chsnews #RoofTrial #RoofVerdictWatch

C114UYnUQAEIiDS.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He has got everything he wanted....he had lawyers and represented himslf, now wants new trial, new lawyers so he can do the same again? No way.

I am surprised i thought there would be a hold out but I approve of the verdict...death.

Now on to the next trial for him. Will he represent himself? Same lawyers?

John Monk ‏@jmonkatthestate 2m2 minutes ago
Roof trial - media setting up outside fed courthouse after jury gives Dylann Roof the death penalty Tues #thestate

C1153eRXEAMCzpZ.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He has got everything he wanted....he had lawyers and represented himslf, now wants new trial, new lawyers so he can do the same again? No way.

I am surprised i thought there would be a hold out but I approve of the verdict...death.

Now on to the next trial for him. Will he represent himself? Same lawyers?

BBM Your guess is as good as mine....who knows, but he probably will want to (because, you know, he's smarter than everyone else- Pftt).

Don't know if he will get new lawyers, but I don't see why not.

ADL News ‏@ADL_News 2m2 minutes ago
We urge S.C. to pass a #HateCrimes law in the wake of the closure of the #CharlestonMassacre trial --> http://bit.ly/2jANF7w #DylannRoof

C118S2AUkAAJBMf.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abigail Darlington ‏@A_Big_Gail 2m2 minutes ago
Melvin Graham is only family giving statement today about #RoofTrial verdict. Other family to speak tomorrow after formal sentencing

Maya T. Prabhu ‏@MayaTPrabhu 2m2 minutes ago
Statement from @scdp Chairman @harrisonjaime on death sentence of Dylann Roof for Emanuel AME Church killing

C118hcXXgAAIYyF.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jennifer Berry Hawes ‏@JenBerryHawes 44s44 seconds ago
Big tour bus of #EmanuelAME shooting victims families just left courthouse without comment. @postandcourier

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/latest-prosecutors-expect-lengthy-closing-sentencing-44675819

Dylann Roof's relatives say they will always love him and are praying for the families of the nine slain church members.

In a statement emailed to reporters after Roof was sentenced to death, his relatives said they will "struggle as long as we live" to understand why he killed nine black parishioners during a Bible study at Emanuel AME Church.
Roof's relatives, who have not returned to court since the start of his trial, "express the grief we feel for the victims of his crimes, and our sympathy to the many families he has hurt."
In another statement, Roof's legal advisers said they are sorry that "despite our best efforts, the legal proceedings have shed so little light on the reasons for this tragedy," a veiled referenced to the mental issues they wanted to present during sentencing. Roof acted as his own attorney and said he wasn't mentally ill.
Father John Parker, an Eastern Orthodox minister described as Roof's spiritual adviser, said in a statement he denounces "Dylann's unspeakable crimes" and prays for the victims.

hmmm, wonder what these purported "reasons" were for this tragedy.

NO I DON'T.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back