GUILTY CA - Two women, three kids found slain in Modesto home, 18 July 2015

This dirtbag killed his 6 month old baby girl, a 5 yr old, a 6 yr old and his own MOTHER and his ex-girlfriend? Maybe he will help Cali reinstate our DEATH PENALTY.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Child-welfare-workers-were-suspicious-of-Modesto-6398245.php

Police had shown photos to Ripley that were taken at his son’s day care center, showing injuries he had suffered in the weeks before his death, including a black eye and split lip, he said.

“They showed me four or five pictures of injuries — some were really bad ones,” Ripley said. “They asked if I had seen these. I said, ‘No.’”

He said he had been told that Martinez gave several different versions of how the boy was hurt. “Usually, when you are telling the truth, there is just one version,” he said.

An affidavit in support of Martinez’s arrest in Christopher’s death, written by Modesto police Detective Phil Owen, indicates that the boy was treated at day care for three “suspicious” injuries that were each photographed in the weeks before his death.

Both Martinez and Crews blamed the injuries on potty training, although day care staffers told police that the child was not ready for such training, Owen said.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Child-welfare-workers-were-suspicious-of-Modesto-6398245.php

Police had shown photos to Ripley that were taken at his son’s day care center, showing injuries he had suffered in the weeks before his death, including a black eye and split lip, he said.

“They showed me four or five pictures of injuries — some were really bad ones,” Ripley said. “They asked if I had seen these. I said, ‘No.’”

He said he had been told that Martinez gave several different versions of how the boy was hurt. “Usually, when you are telling the truth, there is just one version,” he said.

An affidavit in support of Martinez’s arrest in Christopher’s death, written by Modesto police Detective Phil Owen, indicates that the boy was treated at day care for three “suspicious” injuries that were each photographed in the weeks before his death.

Both Martinez and Crews blamed the injuries on potty training, although day care staffers told police that the child was not ready for such training, Owen said.
This makes me incredibly angry !!! So the daycare ,AC AND TR. All knew about the precious injuries to little Christopher and not one of them contacted LE or CPS about it . What the heck is wrong with people . This poor baby who can't fend for himself is KNOWINGLY being subjected to abuse by his moms BF.

Furthermore , AC a flippen family doc who is trained to spot child abuse buries her head in the sand and let's her own son suffer unril he ultimately dies a terrible death . ( my own family doc asked my 4 to son how he got a bruise across his chest , I started to tell him , he looked me square in the eye and said " I asking him " . He has slipped in the tub and fell across the shower track . At the time I was a little offended but soon realized he was just doing his job and I was glad .)

TR seems a little bit of an estranged disconnected uninterested father . That's just my own opinion tho . Based on his letting it go after the daycare brought it to his attention .

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don think the daycare called CPS/LE either .

This whole thing is just a fail on so many levels .

This makes me incredibly angry !!! So the daycare ,AC AND TR. All knew about the precious injuries to little Christopher and not one of them contacted LE or CPS about it . What the heck is wrong with people . This poor baby who can't fend for himself is KNOWINGLY being subjected to abuse by his moms BF.

Furthermore , AC a flippen family doc who is trained to spot child abuse buries her head in the sand and let's her own son suffer unril he ultimately dies a terrible death . ( my own family doc asked my 4 to son how he got a bruise across his chest , I started to tell him , he looked me square in the eye and said " I asking him " . He has slipped in the tub and fell across the shower track . At the time I was a little offended but soon realized he was just doing his job and I was glad .)

TR seems a little bit of an estranged disconnected uninterested father . That's just my own opinion tho . Based on his letting it go after the daycare brought it to his attention .

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don think the daycare called CPS/LE either .

This whole thing is just a fail on so many levels .

TR was shown those pictures after his son's death.

I wonder what AC's patients think of her now.

This man should never have been born! He kills 5 people ~ his tiny child, his child's mother, 2 more children, AND his OWN mother, and the next day he goes to a movie with his father? Now accused of a total of 6 murders. I just can't imagine . . . .

WTF was the name of the movie?

Not a man, a beast!

This dirtbag killed his 6 month old baby girl, a 5 yr old, a 6 yr old and his own MOTHER and his ex-girlfriend? Maybe he will help Cali reinstate our DEATH PENALTY.

OOPS! Katyd .. we think alike about a lot of things. (I already knew that.)

http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/article28396087.html

Martin Martinez was arrested at 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, Modesto Police Chief Galen Carroll said. Martinez had been held at Santa Clara County Jail after his arrest early Sunday. He was booked into Stanislaus County Jail at 12:08 a.m. Thursday, and is being held at the Public Safety Center, Sheriff Adam Christianson said.

From November:

http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/nob-hill-court-homicides/article45109440.html

Martin Martinez was arraigned in court Monday morning and was ordered to stand trial in the death of his girlfriend’s 2-year-old son, Christopher Ripley...

Stanislaus Superior Court Judge Ricardo Córdova ordered the defendant to return to court Jan. 4 to schedule his trial. Martinez, 31, remains in custody at the county jail...

While authorities have said Martinez is the suspect in the five deaths, prosecutors have not said when they will file charges against him. Martinez has been formally charged only in Christopher’s death.

Martin Martinez pleads not guilty in killing of Modesto doctor, four others
http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/nob-hill-court-homicides/article59142123.html

Prosecutors believe Martinez killed Crews and his mother with a knife. The criminal complaint filed Monday includes knife enhancements in the deaths of Crews and Romero. Those enhancements do not appear on the murder charges for the children. Goold said he could not comment about the manner of death for the children found at the Nob Hill Court home.

The special circumstances allegations in the newly filed charges make the case eligible for the death penalty, but Goold said prosecutors have not decided whether they will seek the death penalty in Martinez’s case.

Prosecutors will seek death penalty against Martin Martinez in 5 Modesto slayings

A prosecutor on Tuesday informed the court that the Stanislaus County District Attorney's Office will seek the death penalty against Martin Martinez, who is accused of killing his girlfriend, Amanda Crews, her 2 daughters, his mother and his niece last summer.

(...)

In a separate case, Martinez has already been ordered to stand trial on charges of murder and child abuse in the Oct. 2, 2014, death of Crews' 2-year-old son, Christopher Ripley. The trial in Christopher's death has not yet been scheduled.

(...)

According to prosecutors, the evidence in these alleged factors in aggravation will include:

-- Testimony of friends and relatives who discovered the victims' bodies.
-- Photographs and videos of the victims in life.
-- Victim impact evidence including testimony of family and close friends of the victims.
-- The defendant's lack of remorse at the crime scene.
-- Evidence of defendant's statements regarding the victims. -- Violence used in the homicides.
-- Crime scene details to show advance planning and lack of remorse.
-- All trial evidence regarding premeditation and deliberation, multiple homicides and lying in wait for the victims.

(...)

For now, the cases in the 5 slayings and Christopher's death will be prosecuted separately. They could be consolidated in the future.

(...)

Martinez, 31, remains in custody at the Stanislaus County Jail. He is being held without bail. Judge Cordova scheduled the defendant to return to court March 21 for another pretrial hearing.

http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/nob-hill-court-homicides/article60655341.html

im hitting paywall despite clearing cache too, but I could see it by maneuvering around.

sounds like the all too common "frustration with potty training someone else's kid" abuse. when will ppl learn that many boys aren't ready until 3? quit being lazy and follow the kids cues!!!

Warrant details allegations against suspect in death of child, 2
Daycare workers documented injuries the child sustained Suspect’s story changed several times, authorities say Expert believes fatal injury came from abuse
http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/article27980536.html

So there WERE signs of abuse prior to the toddlers death . This is so sad .

this woman was in some severe denial about this dude, and now her family has been eradicated. how sad.

im hitting paywall despite clearing cache too, but I could see it by maneuvering around.

sounds like the all too common "frustration with potty training someone else's kid" abuse. when will ppl learn that many boys aren't ready until 3? quit being lazy and follow the kids cues!!!

I agree. Potty training followed by kids not eating their meals seems to really set off "boyfriends" who have been tasked to take care of the children. Maybe this is a groundbreaking thought, but why not have moms not leave their children with their boyfriends? That would eliminate a lot of this.

:bump:

This is latest since the last post here in February. Trying to find out "what" happened in this trial!!

Brief court appearance for defendant charged in 6 Modesto deaths ...
www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/article67327912.html

The Modesto Bee
Mar 21, 2016 - Martin Martinez accused of killing girlfriend; her 2 daughters; his mother; his niece. Defendant faces death penalty in July 18 Modesto slayings.
Superior Court Judge Ricardo Córdova scheduled Martinez to return to court May 16, 2016 for another pretrial hearing. The defendant remains in custody at the county jail.

On this Mod Bee site - no where to search for any progress... anyone?? There are no articles after the March one I found...

:confused:

No rumors or chatter going on anywhere around here, I'm local and I've literally heard nothing in soo long..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A judge on Monday gave the defense more time to review evidence, declining the prosecution’s request to schedule a preliminary hearing for Martin Martinez, who is accused of killing his girlfriend, Amanda Crews, along with her two daughters, his mother and his niece.

(...)

Chief Deputy Public Defender Sonny Sandhu asked for more time, telling the judge there are about 6,000 pages of evidence the prosecution provided, along with about 100 hours of video and audio recordings.

Stanislaus Superior Court Judge Ricardo Córdova agreed with the defense. He said he recognizes that the victims’ families might want to have this case proceed sooner rather than later, but that he doesn’t want to rush this case.Córdova scheduled

Martinez and the attorneys to return to court Dec. 2.
http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/nob-hill-court-homicides/article108817812.html

I really do hope this guy gets the needle. He wiped out that whole entire family, ALL her kids and her. His own mother. This person is not fit for this Earth.

Update from Dec. 2nd hearing:

Link: http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/nob-hill-court-homicides/article118444373.html

A judge on Friday scheduled a preliminary hearing to start April 24 for Martin Martinez, who is accused of killing his girlfriend, Amanda Crews, along with her two daughters, his mother and his niece.
[....]
In a separate case, Martinez has been ordered to stand trial on charges of murder and child abuse in the Oct. 2, 2014, death of Crews’ 2-year-old son, Christopher Ripley. The trial in Christopher’s death has not been scheduled. That case will be set aside, for now, as the case in the 2015 killings moves forward.
[....]
The preliminary hearing is expected to last a few weeks, the attorneys said in court. At its conclusion, Stanislaus Superior Court Judge Ricardo Córdova will determine whether there’s enough evidence for Martinez to stand trial.
The defendant remains in custody at the county jail. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Martinez. He has pleaded not guilty to five counts of murder, as well as the charges in the toddler’s death.

Modesto capital murder case could be delayed for Martin Martinez
An April preliminary hearing could be delayed for Martin Martinez, who is accused of killing his girlfriend, Amanda Crews, along with her two daughters, his mother and his niece.

Martinez appeared briefly in court Tuesday morning.

Chief Deputy Public Defender Sonny Sandhu, one of Martinez’s court-appointed attorneys, told the judge the defense is continuing to receive evidence collected by the prosecution. So far, the defense has received about 10,000 pages of documents, he said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back