Did Israel post comments online?

thank you for that. the information must have been added after i found her a year ago because i distinctly remember there being no information about her. it's interesting that she was still in alaska after being reported missing. i think she's still a possible victim, considering that an alaskan serial killer was known to encounter prostitutes.

edit: duh, i just checked the bottom of the page to see if they dated the information. they did. the details of disappearance was added may 7, 2016 (over 4 months after i found her and identified her as a possible victim).

ty for the link!

thank you for that. the information must have been added after i found her a year ago because i distinctly remember there being no information about her. it's interesting that she was still in alaska after being reported missing. i think she's still a possible victim, considering that an alaskan serial killer was known to encounter prostitutes.

edit: duh, i just checked the bottom of the page to see if they dated the information. they did. the details of disappearance was added may 7, 2016 (over 4 months after i found her and identified her as a possible victim).

ty for the link!

Np, mjk2015. Its nice to know I'm not the only one interested in trying to unravel this mystery.

hi.

late last year i had been researching the death penalty when i came across a crime website featuring serial killers. i arrived at keyes but quickly googled samantha koenig's name. i watched videos about her and cried. i was hooked. i turned my attention back to keyes and began researching and learning. i watched the FBI's 5 interview videos. then i began looking for potential victims. i found four people who i think are highly likely to have been victims.

the first person i found is sheila kathleen mcbroom.

her family believe she committed suicide. another theory is that she may have suffered sudden death due to an unknown illness. i felt, very strongly, that she was one of keyes' victims. there was too much information i found while learning about her that points to keyes.

kathleen wrote a blog. i learned a lot about her. she was mormon (so was keyes). they lived in the same city. a year and a half before she went missing her church burned in a fire (keyes was an arsonist).

i found the webpage where kathleen left a comment about the church fire. the other commenter is "Judith" who blatantly mocked kathleen. when i saw it, i was sure that i had found a comment made by keyes himself.

attachment.php

that isn't the only suspicious comment i found. there are more.

two weeks before kathleen disappeared somebody left a comment on her blog. they called themselves "not an anonymous stranger" (remember what "Judith" wrote) and asked if she would pine for something she once had.

keyes was the taker of souls, the taker of lives, and the destroyer of families. he told police that he could tell who would be missed more. that's pining.

attachment.php

i found another suspicious comment on kathleen's blog. keyes liked to hunt for people in campgrounds. take a look at this commenter's name,

attachment.php

kathleen's truck was found on october 31, four days after she went missing. i found what i think is an anniversary comment (keyes posting as "Lindy"). “Lindy” mentions an atheist and anonymity. those things are highly relevant to keyes, a former mormon.

attachment.php

there's a blog called slam dunks which i think keyes would have liked, a lot. i found comments there that i think may have been keyes,

1. anonymous, august and september 2010
2. patricia, november 2009

even if he did not abduct and kill kathleen, he certainly would have been aware that somebody in anchorage, alaska had gone missing.

lastly, i think this is what happened. since they lived in the same city i think he saw her truck and her license plate. i think he would've followed her and began casing her. since we know he really liked the internet, a lot, i think he invested a lot of time in planning his attack. i think he cased her, i think he toyed with her and i think he is responsible for her disappearance.

attachment.php

the other possible victims i've identified are,

curtis plagge

sierra roberts

jack conright

what's interesting in jack's case is that somebody called in a tip a few days after he went missing. i suspect that caller was keyes who traveled the next day in order to watch law enforcement work from a distance.

~ melissa (mjk)

I am new at this, so please forgive me if I post too much, but here is a link for a VERY LIKELY post by Keyes, by "isreal", scroll all the way to the bottom (I hope I am not posting the entire thing)
http://aboutserialkillers.blogspot.com/2012/12/israel-keyes-alaska-serial-killer.html

At the very bottom, under comments, someone mentioned him posting and captured this from "Isreal" (name spelled different),

Has anyone ever came across a comment that you thought could have been his? I swear, I thought I remember someone took a screenshot of one of his comments that was under the user name of "Iz Reyes" or something like that. He may have been commenting about the search for the Curriers. Could have been just my imagination though. I was just wondering if anyone ever came across some of his postings.

Yes, there is one here at Webleuths, not sure which thread. There is another here:
http://aboutserialkillers.blogspot.com/2012/12/israel-keyes-alaska-serial-killer.html

Scroll all the way to the bottom of article. Someone captured it and posted it.

I am new at this, so please forgive me if I post too much, but here is a link for a VERY LIKELY post by Keyes, by "isreal", scroll all the way to the bottom (I hope I am not posting the entire thing)

At the very bottom, under comments, someone mentioned him posting and captured this from "Isreal" (name spelled different),

Isreal said on Friday, Mar 2 at 11:19 PM'
Nothing surprises me anymore. For every action there is a reaction, and playing with other people's emotions, male or female, is a very vile thing. Also i have to say people who portrayed an image or a personality trait up front and isn't the type of person that they really are , you are only hurting yourselves.'.

if that comment is his then he's talking about himself since he lived a double life, and the people who knew him didn't know him at all. in saying "you are only hurting yourselves" he would seem to be expressing pain over the fact that the people who knew him really didn't. it must have hurt him to have been keeping that secret. maybe he wanted people to know but was tortured over it (holding opposite states concurrently; wanting them to know and not wanting them to know).

i'd like to know what year that comment was made and if the FB page is accessible.

if that comment is his then he's talking about himself since he lived a double life, and the people who knew him didn't know him at all. in saying "you are only hurting yourselves" he would seem to be expressing pain over the fact that the people who knew him really didn't. it must have hurt him to have been keeping that secret. maybe he wanted people to know but was tortured over it (holding opposite states concurrently; wanting them to know and not wanting them to know).

i'd like to know what year that comment was made and if the FB page is accessible.

I believe he was posting right before he was arrested. He left Alaska on 03/01/12 and headed to Vegas, where he rented a car and withdrew money from AZ, NM, and finally arrested in TX. I don't know if you able to listen to all the interviews on ADN, but they were quite telling. He said he "got a kick" out of reading about the cases and posted stuff on various sites. I have scoured the internet for his posts, but I only became interested in this case last year, and most have been deleted.

I will dig out that WS post when I can find the time. It's very similar to the one I linked to and he also went by the name "Isreal".

Would love to see the FBI's profile on him and what they think and would love to access to all of the interviews. The links on ADN are gone, I was thinking of emailing them, too, someone else did recently (from WS). There were much more revealing, IMO, to his "inner workings". I know ADN got them by filing a FOIA request.

Also, I agree, he could have been almost talking about himself. In some kind of crazy way, he must have felt so lonely, I can't imagine carrying that kind of a secret and NO one knowing anything about your "real" self, except your victims. They are the only ones who saw him for who he really was. In that moment, that must have been some kind of intimacy for him. I have read that serial killers experience intimacy with their victims, it feeds some deep seated need, especially necrophiles, and it appears, he might have been one, at least by some reports. Please don't get me wrong, I am not in any way, shape, or form, saying I understand the motivation or sympathize with it, but that is what is so perplexing, the "why" of it all.

I believe he was posting right before he was arrested. He left Alaska on 03/01/12 and headed to Vegas, where he rented a car and withdrew money from AZ, NM, and finally arrested in TX. I don't know if you able to listen to all the interviews on ADN, but they were quite telling. He said he "got a kick" out of reading about the cases and posted stuff on various sites. I have scoured the internet for his posts, but I only became interested in this case last year, and most have been deleted.

I will dig out that WS post when I can find the time. It's very similar to the one I linked to and he also went by the name "Isreal".

Would love to see the FBI's profile on him and what they think and would love to access to all of the interviews. The links on ADN are gone, I was thinking of emailing them, too, someone else did recently (from WS). There were much more revealing, IMO, to his "inner workings". I know ADN got them by filing a FOIA request.
do you think the FBI are trained to be suspicious of people who take an interest in a serial killer? ADN could file a freedom of information act request because they're an established / authorized entity but if an unassociated independent citizen did it, they'd probably be suspicious. i need clearance, i need a hat. i'm going to file an FOIA to obtain his computer so i can do my work.

i know, i know. dream on.

i'm unfortunately very familiar with that bony fingered demon and i know for a fact i could read his activity with my eyes closed. i want the computer!

do you think the FBI are trained to be suspicious of people who take an interest in a serial killer? ADN could file a freedom of information act request because they're an established / authorized entity but if an unassociated independent citizen did it, they'd probably be suspicious. i need clearance, i need a hat. i'm going to file an FOIA to obtain his computer so i can do my work.

i'm unfortunately very familiar with that bony fingered demon and i know for a fact i could read his activity with my eyes closed. i want the computer!

I was wondering the same thing in regards to them being suspicious about a private citizen researching a serial killer. But screw it, I'm going to file a FOIA tonight, I really hope they don't give me a hard time but based on my limited knowledge of FOIA they're really not even allowed to ask why you want it.

I was wondering the same thing in regards to them being suspicious about a private citizen researching a serial killer. But screw it, I'm going to file a FOIA tonight, I really hope they don't give me a hard time but based on my limited knowledge of FOIA they're really not even allowed to ask why you want it.

Wow BD1989, that's awesome! I think it's natural to be fascinated by these cases, that's why shows like Criminal Minds are so popular. I think it's because we all want to know the "why"? I mean, the people at the FBI were probably fascinated, too, that's may be why they went into the field.

Mjk,

Good work. Also, in one of the audio clips, Keyes talked about how he was thinking of burning churches. He stated that he thought of taking someone to a church and then he wanted to burn it. He stated that he had "a lot of problems with religion" and added that he thought it would be a way to get more attention for his crimes, though he didn't use those words (can't remember the exact words).

As I was reviewing the Pacific NW thread this evening, I found that Bessie how posted info on sheila kathleen mcbroom sometime ago. Thought I would bring it over here:

Sheila McBroom, 40, Anchorage, 27 Oct 2008

This might be a long shot, but since I don't see a definite location for IK on October 27, 2008, I'm going to add it to the thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74922"]AK AK - Sheila McBroom, 40, Anchorage, 27 Oct 2008 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Woman's disappearance puzzles friends
Published: November 11, 2008

By JAMES HALPIN
jhalpin@adn.com
Along the Seward Highway, between the towering cliffs of exposed rock and the fast-icing waters of Turnagain Arm, an abandoned pickup found last month looked to be a promising lead in the search for a woman who vanished on her way to work.
But inside the green 1996 GMC, found some six miles below McHugh Creek on Oct. 31, the belongings of Sheila Kathleen McBroom, 40, remained untouched. There were no signs of foul play, nothing wrong with the car suggesting mechanical malfunction, no suicide note

McBroom made a blog post on October 26. A post on her blog made by her daughter on Oct 29 says McBroom didn't make it to work on "Monday", which would've been October 27. The article above is partially incorrect. Her truck was found on Oct 31, but the policeman stopped her on Oct 27.

http://sogratefultobemormon.wordpres...-mom/#comments

Also read post here dated October 31, 2008, "Update on Kathleen".

http://www.themorganfollies.blogspot...07:15:00-06:00
Last edited by bessie; 09-09-2013 at 12:13 AM.

good luck with your request, i hope it gets things moving in a good direction. :)

Mjk,

Good work. Also, in one of the audio clips, Keyes talked about how he was thinking of burning churches. He stated that he thought of taking someone to a church and then he wanted to burn it. He stated that he had "a lot of problems with religion" and added that he thought it would be a way to get more attention for his crimes, though he didn't use those words (can't remember the exact words).

As I was reviewing the Pacific NW thread this evening, I found that Bessie how posted info on sheila kathleen mcbroom sometime ago. Thought I would bring it over here:

Sheila McBroom, 40, Anchorage, 27 Oct 2008

This might be a long shot, but since I don't see a definite location for IK on October 27, 2008, I'm going to add it to the thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74922"]AK AK - Sheila McBroom, 40, Anchorage, 27 Oct 2008 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Woman's disappearance puzzles friends
Published: November 11, 2008

By JAMES HALPIN
jhalpin@adn.com
Along the Seward Highway, between the towering cliffs of exposed rock and the fast-icing waters of Turnagain Arm, an abandoned pickup found last month looked to be a promising lead in the search for a woman who vanished on her way to work.
But inside the green 1996 GMC, found some six miles below McHugh Creek on Oct. 31, the belongings of Sheila Kathleen McBroom, 40, remained untouched. There were no signs of foul play, nothing wrong with the car suggesting mechanical malfunction, no suicide note

McBroom made a blog post on October 26. A post on her blog made by her daughter on Oct 29 says McBroom didn't make it to work on "Monday", which would've been October 27. The article above is partially incorrect. Her truck was found on Oct 31, but the policeman stopped her on Oct 27.

http://sogratefultobemormon.wordpres...-mom/#comments

Also read post here dated October 31, 2008, "Update on Kathleen".

http://www.themorganfollies.blogspot...07:15:00-06:00
Last edited by bessie; 09-09-2013 at 12:13 AM.

i wailed for kathleen. i read her entire blog and pained heavily for days weighing up the options: suicide, spontaneous death or victim of a serial killer. each had probability and some substance and weight but no matter what i did, it kept coming back to keyes and would rest there. it was so conclusive to me, as conclusive as could be, that i moved forward with submitting a report to the FBI. i still pain over the lack of acknowledgment and response from them. it kills me. they asked for the public's help. the public are helping. the FBI are not doing their part, and they leave people hanging on hooks. it's not right.

Mjk,

I think his crimes were so numerous over such vast locations that all of his victims will never be identified....

I don't know if you have read all of the postings here on WS or not but there are some pretty frightening stories of people who believe that they were being stalked by him.....When I have read those stories I sleep with my bedroom door locked...

Two people think they encountered him at trailheads where they were walking....Another couple were out gardening near their home and he just walked up to them and started questioning them.....One woman said that she was sure that he had parked across from her home for several days watching her....The worst , was a woman who thinks that he came to her door several times for a few nights just terrorizing her by rattling the doors and windows...

I think he stalked Loraine Currier for months prior to him killing ...Just a few weeks prior to her death her husband (Bill) bought her a gun....she told a friend that "she thought a man was stalking her"....

It terrorizes me that people like that could walk among us....

I never really bought into the "random" theory. I know that's what the FBI said, but I am just not convinced. I also believe he had a victim preference.

"If you're set up in the right spot...you know...using binoculars...you can see who's in the car, you know, like shopping".

I do believe he frequented remote areas, and kind of had to take what he could get, just as he said. But that was due to hiding his crimes, not because he had no preference.

That's all just my own opinion. Of course, we don't have access to all the info the FBI does.

I never really bought into the "random" theory. I know that's what the FBI said, but I am just not convinced. I also believe he had a victim preference.

"If you're set up in the right spot...you know...using binoculars...you can see who's in the car, you know, like shopping".

I do believe he frequented remote areas, and kind of had to take what he could get, just as he said. But that was due to hiding his crimes, not because he had no preference.

That's all just my own opinion. Of course, we don't have access to all the info the FBI does.

i think it was two-fold; originally, victims would be very randomly selected. but with the arrival and expansion of the internet i think he graduated to victim selection (as would be the case with kathleen, if she was truly one of his victims). i think he would have crossed paths with her in their town but then located her online presence. i strongly believe he invested a lot of time in her (over a year). she would have been very challenging; domestic life, career, community life at her church. i think she would have been irresistible for him, because of religion.

Here's the one from WS:

• 08-20-2013, 10:29 PM
    GGE

"But Keyes' relationship with the media was odd, said Bell. Before his arrest he would comment under news stories about the kidnapping of Samantha Koenig, and the murders of Bill and Loraine Currire, a Vermont couple that he admitted to slaying.

“He enjoyed seeing the media reports on all the crimes he did, and knowing he did it, and nobody else knew he did,” said Bell.

On March 3, 2012 Keyes left the following comment under a KTVA story: “I hate to say this, at this point there is no hope. And I would also like to point out innocent until proven guilty. Stupid people like to blame others because he sounds like a prime suspect without any proof that they actually did it. And she wasn’t so innocent either, the dumb b**** played with others emotions, and with this guy, and she has a boyfriend, so you have to wonder about the consequences. I really wish she is found, learned lessons.”
    "

http://www.ktva.com/home/top-stories....html?strypg=1

I remember coming across a comment under an article discussing the murder of Pastor Carol Daniels, and it felt very much like Keyes.I remember him saying something about having a few too many whiskeys and reading on his crimes late at night. I can't imagine him resisting the urge to taunt investigators when under the influence of alcohol, especially towards the end when he found himself getting sloppy.

it was so conclusive to me, as conclusive as could be, that i moved forward with submitting a report to the FBI. i still pain over the lack of acknowledgment and response from them. it kills me. they asked for the public's help. the public are helping. the FBI are not doing their part, and they leave people hanging on hooks. it's not right.

I really don't know how the tips are handled by the FBI, but I can't imagine they wouldn't follow up on that information. They might not necessarily reach out to the person giving the information, especially if it was very detailed. It is frustrating/annoying I imagine when they don't want to play with you. But I think they are doing their job's behind the scene's.

I'm going to catch up on this thread on my day off. From my past interactions with people with massive mental disorder...the idea of Keyes lurking on the Internet to bask in his yet-to-be revealed infamy makes perfect sense.

IK admitted in one of his confessions that he started using library computers to check on his storys, but eventually he got sloppy and was getting drunk and commenting on stories from his home computer. There's posts out there by him if our gov hasn't found and erased them. With that being said, IK was a pretty sophisticated serial killer up until the very end; I doubt any such posts of his we're juicy enough to call attention to himself, and his screen name probably wouldn't have any discernible connection to him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back