GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will KM's defense be at trial?

1) SG and LR aren't the shooters. Someone else entirely killed DM.
2) SG and LR are the shooters but they coordinated directly with CA, DA, or WA and she wasn't involved. She just happened to be CA's girlfriend and had nothing to do with this.
3) SG and LR are the shooters but they were doing it for the Adelsons.
4) Only LR was the shooter, and SG had nothing to do with it. SG is lying to get off the hook and implicate her boyfriend.

None of these theories makes any sense based on what we know.

What will KM's defense be at trial?

1) SG and LR aren't the shooters. Someone else entirely killed DM.
2) SG and LR are the shooters but they coordinated directly with CA, DA, or WA and she wasn't involved. She just happened to be CA's girlfriend and had nothing to do with this.
3) SG and LR are the shooters but they were doing it for the Adelsons.
4) Only LR was the shooter, and SG had nothing to do with it. SG is lying to get off the hook and implicate her boyfriend.

None of these theories makes any sense based on what we know.

Burden of proof is on the state. KM doesn't have to and won't present a theory IMO. It will just be - she's an innocent victim of circumstance. And the last thing this defense team will do is implicate CA, IMO. Piss-Ant is making sure turkey neck is protected at all costs.

Burden of proof is on the state. KM doesn't have to and won't present a theory IMO. It will just be - she's an innocent victim of circumstance. And the last thing this defense team will do is implicate CA, IMO. Piss-Ant is making sure turkey neck is protected at all costs.

What a waste of a breast augmentation!!!!!

Do y'all think that CA will get a bail option even though KM didn't get a bail option?

They didn't release Rivera's testimony before KM was arrested. She was arrested on Saturday, October 1st. He pled and they released the interview video on Tuesday, October 4th. He proffered testimony before her arrest that was included in her affidavit to issue warrant and redacted from publication. If/when KM decides to cooperate, I predict it will go the same way. She will proffer testimony in the presence of her attorney and the state attorney and law enforcement only, the information will be included in warrant affidavits for other parties, warrants will be issued and arrests made, then we will see her plea and get to hear/read about her testimony.

If KM does flip, I'm looking forward to the video of her testimony - it should be very, very interesting. And on the subject of videos, I have a question. I only saw a small portion of WA's interrogation at the police station on the day of DM's murder but I understand it went on for hours. Did the police tell her at the outset that DM had been targeted? She seemed to conclude rather quickly that he was, which strikes me as odd. If I were to hear that a gangster had been shot, my first thought would be that it's a hit - but a respectable, law-abiding professor? I would think a robbery gone wrong, being in the wrong place at the wrong time or something similar - it wouldn't even occur to me that it might have been a hit man.

At first I thought that KM would stay hush if the Adelsons promised to leave her kids a 1 million dollars trust fund.

But now I must remember that KM is more selfish than that. Jmo

So imo. She will flip soon. Jmo

If KM does flip, I'm looking forward to the video of her testimony - it should be very, very interesting. And on the subject of videos, I have a question. I only saw a small portion of WA's interrogation at the police station on the day of DM's murder but I understand it went on for hours. Did the police tell her at the outset that DM had been targeted? She seemed to conclude rather quickly that he was, which strikes me as odd. If I were to hear that a gangster had been shot, my first thought would be that it's a hit - but a respectable, law-abiding professor? I would think a robbery gone wrong, being in the wrong place at the wrong time or something similar - it wouldn't even occur to me that it might have been a hit man.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/fl-fsu-slain-professor-discovery-20161008-story.html

Florida State University professor Daniel Markel had just been gunned down outside his home. And his ex-wife said she had a notion why.

On that day, in July 2014, Wendi Adelson told police someone might have done it for her benefit.

"I can't help but feel that this is all my fault. This can't be a random act of violence; this has to be on purpose. Someone did this for a reason," she said during a recorded police interview. "I'm so scared that someone did this, not because they hate Danny but because they thought this was good somehow."

Lacasse also told investigators Wendi Adelson told him her brother had looked into hiring a hit man and was told it would cost $15,000.

"Wendi had reported to me that Charlie had considered all the options possible to take care of this problem," he said. "She said it in a dead serious, chilling, uncomfortable way."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/fl-fsu-slain-professor-discovery-20161008-story.html

Florida State University professor Daniel Markel had just been gunned down outside his home. And his ex-wife said she had a notion why.

On that day, in July 2014, Wendi Adelson told police someone might have done it for her benefit.

"I can't help but feel that this is all my fault. This can't be a random act of violence; this has to be on purpose. Someone did this for a reason," she said during a recorded police interview. "I'm so scared that someone did this, not because they hate Danny but because they thought this was good somehow."

Lacasse also told investigators Wendi Adelson told him her brother had looked into hiring a hit man and was told it would cost $15,000.

"Wendi had reported to me that Charlie had considered all the options possible to take care of this problem," he said. "She said it in a dead serious, chilling, uncomfortable way."

Cooked.

Did they ever find the gun used to murder DM, iirc.the one found was not the right gun?
Could this be in any way related ?
speculation, imo.
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2017/01/12/suspect-gunshot-wound--10-taken-hospital/96487702/
Jan 12/17
A man working with a contracted road cleanup crew along 1-10 was hospitalized Thursday afternoon after a gun he found in a ditch discharged.

How the gun went off is still being investigated, said Leon County Sheriff’s Office Spokesman Lt. Grady Jordan. The man is in stable condition. How the gun ended up in a ditch on the shoulder of the east-west highway is also being investigated.

Even though the Defendant has no burden at trial, if KM ever goes to trial her attorneys will be sure to have a "theory of defense" even if they never present any evidence and she never testifies. It will be the angle at which they cross examine the state's witnesses and the arguments they present at closing. Based on quotes I read from the bond hearing it seems like their early angle is to throw Rivera under the bus (fair enough) and say that he is a liar and the one that actually shot Markel, and it seemed like they were implying that Rivera was hired to kill Markel, but of course without KM as a conduit. I think they stopped short of saying who hired him but who really needs to say it?

But of course, as I said before...I don't think KM's going to trial :)

Even though the Defendant has no burden at trial, if KM ever goes to trial her attorneys will be sure to have a "theory of defense" even if they never present any evidence and she never testifies. It will be the angle at which they cross examine the state's witnesses and the arguments they present at closing. Based on quotes I read from the bond hearing it seems like their early angle is to throw Rivera under the bus (fair enough) and say that he is a liar and the one that actually shot Markel, and it seemed like they were implying that Rivera was hired to kill Markel, but of course without KM as a conduit. I think they stopped short of saying who hired him but who really needs to say it?

But of course, as I said before...I don't think KM's going to trial :)

KM reminds me of the average hoochie moma groupie that I knew growing up in SOFLO that always wanted the bad guy and the good guy with $$$$. In this case she had two bad guys.

my thoughts exactly.

KM reminds me of the average hoochie moma groupie that I knew growing up in SOFLO that always wanted the bad guy and the good guy with $$$$. In this case she had two bad guys.

KM best trial defense is to blame it on SG and CA .. Jmo.

She could say that she was sleeping with both men and she heard talks of the plot between them but didn't take it seriously. Jmo

Plus she can probably say that she was told to cash checks and keep a piece for whatever reason.

Jmo. KM has wiggle room on both sides .

The crazy part is that the state knows that this was a paid hit and LR plus SG and plus KM was too flat broke and never attempted to rob Dan of any cash while all the players seem to show big spending after the murder.

So why is the prosecutors waiting to charge CA since him and his family was the money and motive of the hit. Jmo

So why is the state scared to charge CA.

Especially since it will take a year to go to trial.
Jmo

The dots are connected. So stop being scared to charge a dental family as if they are the Clintons or something. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth