UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the real possibility of a non working rear Cornhill cam but why are family insisting even in the recent video walk that it would catch a person or vehicle then?

There are several cameras on the back of cornhill. Only one can see short brackland so if teens weren't in the car park it's possible they missed the working camera?

You'll confusing me again....

I thought there were 3 non-working cameras in the HS itself (one of these can be seen on Google Streetview) The rear Cornhill cameras aren't in the HS and besides we only recently deduced that the rear Cornhill cameras were the private cameras a lady tried to get Police to check?

You'll confusing me again....

I thought there were 3 non-working cameras in the HS itself (one of these can be seen on Google Streetview) The rear Cornhill cameras aren't in the HS and besides we only recently deduced that the rear Cornhill cameras were the private cameras a lady tried to get Police to check?
I'm confusing myself too don't worry. What we need is a list of all the cameras not working on the 23rd Sept not just the H/s ones because we already know they don't work otherwise we would know where he went.
Ps.getting late I'm afraid. Back tomorrow.

I think, though possible, suicide is an unlikely outcome. Going on C's extroverted nature throughout the evening, I think it unlikely that he wouldn't have texted a form of suicide message or 'sorry' to someone he cared for.

I agree about the real possibility of a non working rear Cornhill cam but why are family insisting even in the recent video walk that it would catch a person or vehicle then?

Maybe it would now, but didn't then. It is a very dark area it would seem. I would think that due to this case and the difficulties of it, more of the cameras would now be active.

I was wondering if Corrie was seen in the horseshoe area on earlier occasions?

Is there any CCTV material that puts him there around the same time at an earlier date? Like when he disappeared for some hours when he was out with his mates?

The reason I ask is that I found it strange that he did not return to his car, but went almost in the opposite direction. IMHO he might have had some relationship with someone who works late shifts or has a partner working early.
Wherever they met, Corrie did not have the key (and had to sleep in the street).

There are several cameras on the back of cornhill. Only one can see short brackland so if teens weren't in the car park it's possible they missed the working camera?

If that's the case, then that could also apply to the loading bay?

I also wondered if C had visited the HS before. It would suggest that there was some reason/ pattern behind him doing so. Also it is worth thinking he might be waiting for someone whose shift ended at 3 to 3.30, perhaps someone who worked in a nightclub (Flex?) or food joint.

None of the buildings were occupied, although an empty drug rehab centre accessed from a staircase close to the bin area is sometimes used by rough sleepers. (Quote from the Sun feature higher up thread). What if the two people Nicola saw exiting Focus 12, she said weren't supposed to be there were homeless people? Corrie shared his food with a homeless man and it was the homeless man who told them that Corrie told him he was walking home. Another possibility of someone or persons who could have been unseen in the area and who could have called him over. This is not my original theory as many here know but it could be another reason to want to search all the buildings in that area.
MOO at this very late hour!

Many threads ago it was said that it was in a house not too far from the golf course, which is on the NW edge of BSE. Since the hosts were reported to be a military couple there was no more detail than that, no doubt for security reasons.

What if he decided to go there while sitting in the Hughes entrance and made arrangements for a lift there, before sending the 3:08 text, which is said to be the last time he used his phone? On Google maps there are several golf courses/clubs and all are within (I think) the range of the two phone masts, i.e. BSE and/or BM.

There's no cameras apparently that can see that loading bay as it's before the end of cornhill where the cameras are for the car park and deliveries

does anyone have a google maps link of the route usually took from the pub to base? (if it exists) just started looking into this case, thanks in advance.

Question; have they checked the weight of ALL the bins collected from the horseshoe? Quite possible he climbed into a bin to sleep. And either got injured by what was inside or passed out. A cadaver dog search of the dump where the bins are taken might help. i hope he is ok.

does anyone have a google maps link of the route usually took from the pub to base? (if it exists) just started looking into this case, thanks in advance.

We don't have an actual map of that route. It has since been said that Corrie didn't ever walk back to base.

The theoretical route would be to zoom into BSE on G maps and focus where Corrie disappeared from, but keep going instead of turning into the horseshoe, down Loom St to Mustow St, Eastgate St and then follow the roads around to Great Livermore and Troxton. (It's hard to get all of that on one single G maps image as it requires zooming in and out to different levels (you want to be close zoom for the Loom St part and zoomed out a bit to see the entire route back to Honington).

There's an alternative, but imho less likely route, going up to the Tesco roundabout and then onto Honington. While that route seems less likely to me for walking, it does offer the advantage that it looks like it would have more traffic and therefore could be more likely for someone hoping to thumb a lift.

Okay, so I stopped reading right before everything went crazy with the big announcement, and it's taken two days of reading to catch up through five days of your posts!

And now those articles in the DM and Sun. The DM one was clearly compiled from sending a reporter to read the social media and also this forum. And the Sun says they have some info that may or may not be relevant but they're not telling anyone what it is...that's helpful.

I feel terrible for April. She's in a very difficult situation already, and now she has social media and forums discussing her relationship with Corrie and her pregnancy. Corrie's family kept quiet about her to protect her, and now that's led to some feeling "what else might be being covered up that could possibly be relevant to Corrie's state of mind at the time of his disappearance?" Which is a valid question, but a great shame that it might now be phrased more as an accusation.

I think the family have been as open as they felt they could be. I don't believe Corrie's relationship with April was a great secret (if the guys from base called her to let her know C was missing, then she's not been hidden from them). If she found out she was pregnant just a few weeks into the disappearance, then it's understandable to me that she wouldn't want to be the subject of a full-page DM or Sun story about Corrie's private life. On the statement Nicola made that's been put on the FindCorrie website, Nicola has said that technically Corrie was/is single (not married). I think that from Nicola's perspective that Corrie was single, he was happy (and currently happily single and seeing April, which made him happy) and he had used dating sites (which was how he met April). So to Nicola it would have been a white lie out of protection of April, rather than a great big whopper.

I noticed when looking at the baby scan that Corrie's forehead is the only one of the three boys who has the Wringe forehead (Uncle Tony's forehead) .... I think the baby is going to have that forehead. It might be completely irrelevant but Corrie favours Uncle Tony in looks, and he seems to have recently taken to emulating Uncle Tony's clothing style. The boy on those YT videos is really growing up and maturing in a lot of ways. And at the same time, Corrie's found a nice girl and they've gone in the past five months from being casual dating friends to being something more, but they're still both very young and only a few months into this deeper, closer, part of their relationship.

I've read with interest the links about missing people, but I haven't processed it enough to consider whether it might have relevance to Corrie's disappearance. It still seems to me that Corrie has a lot of good things going on in his life, plans for the near future, and plenty of options of people he could 'run to' if he wanted to 'run away' -- which is effectively what those missing people stories were about, people running away. Knowing that Corrie has a steady girlfriend seems like just another reason for Corrie to not 'run away'. Seeing his style maturing gives me the impression that a surprise pregnancy might mean he's going to react by manning-up and being a dad, just like all the people he looks up to in his life ... his parents, his grandparents, his uncle whose style he seems to be emulating. I found it very sad the way one of those 'newspaper' articles made it sound like April was just one of a dozen girls that Corrie was seeing and she'd got pregnant that way...I don't think that's what April was trying to say in her interviews. And she must have strong feelings for him if she couldn't stay on holiday knowing he'd gone missing...she wanted to be back home in case his body turned up in one of those roadside searches.

I would take with a pinch of salt the article that said Corrie was drinking before going out that night. I think it was erroneous conflation of some of the earlier reports of Corrie drinking before he went out, and has now been corrected to drinking in his car when he was already in BSE. In some ways those articles may be a hindrance rather than a help as they may end up fixing errors or misperceptions by being put in print. Corrie's a human being, and neither he nor his family or relationships deserve to be fodder for tabloids.

Okay, so I stopped reading right before everything went crazy with the big announcement, and it's taken two days of reading to catch up through five days of your posts!

And now those articles in the DM and Sun. The DM one was clearly compiled from sending a reporter to read the social media and also this forum. And the Sun says they have some info that may or may not be relevant but they're not telling anyone what it is...that's helpful.

I feel terrible for April. She's in a very difficult situation already, and now she has social media and forums discussing her relationship with Corrie and her pregnancy. Corrie's family kept quiet about her to protect her, and now that's led to some feeling "what else might be being covered up that could possibly be relevant to Corrie's state of mind at the time of his disappearance?" Which is a valid question, but a great shame that it might now be phrased more as an accusation.

I think the family have been as open as they felt they could be. I don't believe Corrie's relationship with April was a great secret (if the guys from base called her to let her know C was missing, then she's not been hidden from them). If she found out she was pregnant just a few weeks into the disappearance, then it's understandable to me that she wouldn't want to be the subject of a full-page DM or Sun story about Corrie's private life. On the statement Nicola made that's been put on the FindCorrie website, Nicola has said that technically Corrie was/is single (not married). I think that from Nicola's perspective that Corrie was single, he was happy (and currently happily single and seeing April, which made him happy) and he had used dating sites (which was how he met April). So to Nicola it would have been a white lie out of protection of April, rather than a great big whopper.

I noticed when looking at the baby scan that Corrie's forehead is the only one of the three boys who has the Wringe forehead (Uncle Tony's forehead) .... I think the baby is going to have that forehead. It might be completely irrelevant but Corrie favours Uncle Tony in looks, and he seems to have recently taken to emulating Uncle Tony's clothing style. The boy on those YT videos is really growing up and maturing in a lot of ways. And at the same time, Corrie's found a nice girl and they've gone in the past five months from being casual dating friends to being something more, but they're still both very young and only a few months into this deeper, closer, part of their relationship.

I've read with interest the links about missing people, but I haven't processed it enough to consider whether it might have relevance to Corrie's disappearance. It still seems to me that Corrie has a lot of good things going on in his life, plans for the near future, and plenty of options of people he could 'run to' if he wanted to 'run away' -- which is effectively what those missing people stories were about, people running away. Knowing that Corrie has a steady girlfriend seems like just another reason for Corrie to not 'run away'. Seeing his style maturing gives me the impression that a surprise pregnancy might mean he's going to react by manning-up and being a dad, just like all the people he looks up to in his life ... his parents, his grandparents, his uncle whose style he seems to be emulating. I found it very sad the way one of those 'newspaper' articles made it sound like April was just one of a dozen girls that Corrie was seeing and she'd got pregnant that way...I don't think that's what April was trying to say in her interviews. And she must have strong feelings for him if she couldn't stay on holiday knowing he'd gone missing...she wanted to be back home in case his body turned up in one of those roadside searches.

I would take with a pinch of salt the article that said Corrie was drinking before going out that night. I think it was erroneous conflation of some of the earlier reports of Corrie drinking before he went out, and has now been corrected to drinking in his car when he was already in BSE. In some ways those articles may be a hindrance rather than a help as they may end up fixing errors or misperceptions by being put in print. Corrie's a human being, and neither he nor his family or relationships deserve to be fodder for tabloids.

IMO You've certainly picked up on the picture the family have painted and that is the story they wish the public to believe. To me, it is quite different.

C wasn't in a happy place, I feel he was really struggling with life! That is why he was 'allowed' the puppy.

I hope he has found a place where he can live the life he wants. I think it it was a planned disappearance with help, for that new life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO You've certainly picked up on the picture the family have painted and that is the story they wish the public to believe. To me, it is quite different.

C wasn't in a happy place, I feel he was really struggling with life! That is why he was 'allowed' the puppy.

I hope he has found a place where he can live the life he wants. I think it it was a planned disappearance with help, for that new life.

I hope you're right.

I've read all of the info available regarding Corrie and I honestly can't tell one way or another anything about his personality, really and truely.

And that is the aspect of the case I've tried to look into the most, his behaviour and personality, to see how this might attribute to his disappearance.

It's impossible to tell if he was truly happy or not. But I'd say he's probably not overly unhappy. JMO

At the minute my brain is saying it's either one extreme or the other.

It's either mental health, AWOL, covers up etc

Or

He's had a tragic accident and is yet to be found.

At the minute my brain is saying it's either one extreme or the other.

It's either mental health, AWOL, covers up etc

Or

He's had a tragic accident and is yet to be found.

Mental health specifically depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics