UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that would depend on the circumstances of the party as to whether anyone would come forward. IIRC the pings showed him moving around BSE area for some time before it was picked up by the BM mast. The suggestion of Tesco was just me trying to fill in a bit of time so that it would be more likely to coincide with the bin lorry. I apologise if that has confused anybody. IMO the bin lorry is somewhat coincidental and I don't go along with the being in the bin theory. It was said that all routes out of BSE were checked on CCTV and I believe the Tesco roundabout was one of them. If he was on a bike, then he would be seen? If he was in a vehicle, probably wouldn't be. I doubt Tesco store would have been checked, but even if it has, maybe only the driver would have gone in.
I'd agree, the phone in bin theory doesn't work for me ATM either. I'm sure the police would not have discounted the driver without due reason. I'd agree also that C in light clothing would most probably be easily identified. I also agree that only the driver might have gone into Tesco (if at all..), but the type of immediate shopping for a party/ meet would be easily remembered by someone on a till if questioned?

Reading through the Sun article again. 'None of the buildings were occupied, although an empty drug rehab centre accessed from a staircase close to the bin area is sometimes used by rough sleepers.' Is it possible that C knew of this place and had used it before to lose the hours in 'safety' before picking up his car in the morning? Is it possible that he already knew the homeless person he gave some food to from here? Is it possible he slept here? IF he wasn't alone, and had fallen asleep, is it possible (I'm really trying here!) that someone else sleeping here stole his and left with his phone (somehow) to BM? All just possibilities, and IMO I still think that C and the phone travelled together, just putting it out there..

My first post in this thread but have read on and off from the start. I've always leant towards AWOL as that made most sense to me, possibly because of my own history with mental illness.

I kept my own struggles inside to the point where nobody would have know what was going on, until the point that I ended up in psych hospital for months. Friends and family had NO idea that I was unwell.

<modsnip>

Deleting stuff of his SM seems odd to me, if it was a member ofThey my family (brother, father, husband) I'd leave everything as is, incase any of it is evidence or even just so family/friends can go on when they miss him and see his photos/read his posts. It really just seems odd.

They could have possibly made all posts private just a thought.

Exactly where is the camera that captures the last shot of Corrie, and what is it facing? Captions on MSM says he is seen leaving the doorway of a shop, which I assume they mean Hughes. It is clearly not from Hughes. It almost appears he is leaving an alley and turning onto the road not the other way around. I can google earth all around this area, and cannot find anything with the few landmarks. It almost appears he went into the pedestrian shop area and is walking out or some other area. the camera might be giving a false impression of width, but he seems to walk out of an alley, kind of trips, looks back in the direction he came, then walks down what could be Brentgovel Street. you have to walk quite a ways to get to the HS in that direction, cutting through the back. The path directly behind greggs does not match these landmarks. sorry if this has been settled earlier, but I cannot locate it.

But he might not know him. Isn't it likely that he was asking for directions?

I would say anyone on a cycle at that time on a morning is either going TO, or coming FROM work? Suggesting to me a local.
That aside, and regardless....asking for directions at that time of day seems suspicious to say the least unless the driver AND cyclist knew each other AND had the time to exchange convivialities?

I would say that they'd both finished work at the same place and we're going home?
JMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly where is the camera that captures the last shot of Corrie, and what is it facing? Captions on MSM says he is seen leaving the doorway of a shop, which I assume they mean Hughes. It is clearly not from Hughes. It almost appears he is leaving an alley and turning onto the road not the other way around. I can google earth all around this area, and cannot find anything with the few landmarks. It almost appears he went into the pedestrian shop area and is walking out or some other area. the camera might be giving a false impression of width, but he seems to walk out of an alley, kind of trips, looks back in the direction he came, then walks down what could be Brentgovel Street. you have to walk quite a ways to get to the HS in that direction, cutting through the back. The path directly behind greggs does not match these landmarks. sorry if this has been settled earlier, but I cannot locate it.

The first page of this thread has maps and photos that provide an orientation to his movements.

Just coming out of lurkdom to say something about the apparent lack of planning to go AWOL. I have personal experience of 'doing a runner' from a workplace with live in accommodation (not military!) in an impulsive manner. I was in a job I hated but only had about a month left until I finished so I was sticking it out to the end. One night I went out for a drink with workmates, one said something very hurtful, I left the pub and went back to the living quarters, packed my bags and got up the next morning to catch the first bus out of town (which involved sneaking out the back of the living quarters and climbing over a wall!). Now, I went straight home to my family but what if I hadn't wanted to go to them? I often think that I could've just disappeared.
I was only giving up a job, whereas Corrie would've been giving up a career but I still believe this is what he has done; as I said in the Parking Lot thread, unplanned AWOL possibly due to depression, an impulsive act. Even if he wants to make contact now, I just don't see how he can with all this media attention and pressure, just hope he's ok, obviously.

My concern is, that if he has gone AWOL (clearly for personal reasons that are still very serious to him), what may have been a troubled state of mind may have evolved into a much, much more seriously troubled state of mind given all the media attention, which he can't be unaware of if he is out there. Thank you for your really helpful post.

...another thought...
I wonder if Corrie was trying to sort a lift out to BM from an OFF GOING taxi driver? Pick up point being the 'Horseshoe'?. Off duty taxi follows bin lorry. Taxi driver drops Corrie off in BM/M and continues on his merry way home within that area? How many taxi drivers remember the faces of punters?

The FC website has an item on it about cadaver dogs to be used by Sulsar in Bury town centre and N will give more info when available. Also on website just 3 left to id the white t, the cyclist and the gentleman with glasses (possibly homeless ). Re the cyclist talking to taxi drivers, could it be one of the town pastors or a doorman?

...another thought...
I wonder if Corrie was trying to sort a lift out to BM from an OFF GOING taxi driver? Pick up point being the 'Horseshoe'?. Off duty taxi follows bin lorry. Taxi driver drops Corrie off in BM/M and continues on his merry way home within that area? How many taxi drivers remember the faces of punters?

Very good point.

you'd maybe not remember his face....but his clothing was memorable, as was his personality. Taxi drivers would remember,they arent given enough credit! i'm sure all taxi firms will have been approached. uber taxi drivers included

Another thought is perhaps C did not disappear that night but went to wherever he usually went to as has been already suggested on here. He had the whole weekend ahead of him and often left his mates so what were his plans? Surely he must have told D what his plans were that weekend during one of the 4 conversations on that Friday? JMO

Of the outstanding photos, old man with rucksack (can potentially see him never being identified as I fear he may not be on facebook to see the images) bike man (who is being very elusive, maybe they could do with trying to work out make and model of bike) and white tshirt man. I have a question about the photo of white t shirt man- he looks to me like he is at a bar in a club/pub. Could corrie have had contact earlier in the evening with this man also.

15505b20079593d5e8133f33703d0776.jpg
f439e2ae9c959fafed01067451d59848.jpg

Looks like this guy has a MAHOOSIVE handlebar 'tash to me?
JMO

The first page of this thread has maps and photos that provide an orientation to his movements.

Thank you for that. The tree in the middle of the screen was throwing me off. I went back and found the video of the expert walking the area on youtube and that tree is barely visible. It's either been trimmed or the darkness makes it look bigger.

I have seen post that C might have walked to the HS to meet up or something but I just rewatched it a few times and want to add another angle. If you notice he walks down the side of the alley opposite the bins. He gets to the HS area and looks over towards the bins. Right there is that tree and its a little blocked from the light. It appears he turns toward that as if discovering a more private place to relieve himself. It did not appear to me he knew exactly what was back there. Looking back down the alley, I think he is just checking for anyone coming. If that camera never moves it would be hard for him to walk back or towards the shops and not be caught for a second on this camera. I would have expected him to continue down brentgoval though after the rest stop. I think his original plan was to continue on, until he saw the opportunity for a moment of privacy. For just a second before he turns, it does appear he was about to continue on.

Of the outstanding photos, old man with rucksack (can potentially see him never being identified as I fear he may not be on facebook to see the images) bike man (who is being very elusive, maybe they could do with trying to work out make and model of bike) and white tshirt man. I have a question about the photo of white t shirt man- he looks to me like he is at a bar in a club/pub. Could corrie have had contact earlier in the evening with this man also.
Ruth, midsummer and all, white t is also 03.21 cornhill white t, the person closest in time to C near the H/s.

Can I just throw in here, since people seem to be mentioning it a lot, that forensic testing, specifically DNA testing as a part of an active line of enquiry ought to be consigned to the rubbish bin of history.

If you're using it as the icing on the cake of a well worked investigation then maybe it has some merit, but using it as an investigative tool just leads to lazy Policing, lazy investigating, lazy thinking, and dismal outcomes.

Especially in the UK where we use the "more akin to witchcraft than science" of low copy number DNA profiling.

I was going to use fairies as an example, but lets use squirrels instead.

Suppose someone says to you that a squirrel was seen in an specific area, and I say to you that I don't believe squirrels exist, you can prove me 100% wrong by going out and coming back with a squirrel in a specimen jar - there can then be no argument - squirrels clearly DO exist.

If you went out to that location but found no squirrels or evidence of them and you come back with an empty specimen jar - that does NOT prove that squirrels do not exist - it just proves you didn't find any.

I can't say "aha - I was right, you see, squirrels clearly do NOT exist". That would be nonsense, but that is eactly what happens with DNA profiling in particular.

If some DNA of Corrie as an example was found in the cab of the bin truck - some skin, blood, saliva, hair, semen, or whatever - all that this would prove is that his DNA is there.

It doesn't explain HOW it got there, it might infer a few things, but it is not proof of one thing or another, just that his genetic material somehow got there.

If you tested that cab and there is NO DNA material - that does not mean he wasn't there, or his genetic material wasn't there - just that either a) you didn't find t, or b) it wasn't deposited there.

It DOES NOT mean (like the absense of squirrels) that they/it does not exist / wasn't in that place.

But it seems like this is how the Police operate, particularly in the Uk where they like to use low copy number DNA profiling which is so full of holes it makes a swiss cheese look particularly solid.

Lets not forget that not so long ago the Police were searching for a missing girl called Tia Sharp, and despite searching the loft umpteen times they failed to find her body wrapped up in bin liners - right where it had been all alog, it was only as the summer got hotter, and the body decomposed that it became obvious that this is where she was.

So, if they can't find a whole body in a small area after numerous searches, why on earth does anyone put any faith in the notion that they'll find DNA - potentially microscopic particles in any other area?

And if they do and they use low copy DNA technoques (trying to analyse DNA that is 1 milionth the size of a grain of salt) - it's useless - read this if you don't believe it - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7154189.stm

So they didn't find Corries DNA in the cab, or the truck or on the utside of the truck, or in the horseshoe, or the bins - SO WHAT?

What they need to do is start by THINKING then INVESTIGATING then using these tools later as the final touches.

It seems they start with them FIRST, then shape their thinking - if you can call it that - based on the outcomes.

It is not the way to go, thinking first, investigating second, testing third or later than that even.

They will never solve this if they don't get back to basic real world hands on Policing - but sadly THAT is what seems to have been consigned to the rubbish bin of history - the thing that actually works.

I have seen post that C might have walked to the HS to meet up or something but I just rewatched it a few times and want to add another angle. If you notice he walks down the side of the alley opposite the bins. He gets to the HS area and looks over towards the bins. Right there is that tree and its a little blocked from the light. It appears he turns toward that as if discovering a more private place to relieve himself. It did not appear to me he knew exactly what was back there. Looking back down the alley, I think he is just checking for anyone coming. If that camera never moves it would be hard for him to walk back or towards the shops and not be caught for a second on this camera. I would have expected him to continue down brentgoval though after the rest stop. I think his original plan was to continue on, until he saw the opportunity for a moment of privacy. For just a second before he turns, it does appear he was about to continue on.
I agree and that cam would then rotate and C could then leave. Some of us have said this. If he went up SB and that rear Cornhill cam didn't catch him meeting someone in a vehicle that would be the way he left imo.
Eta he could continue up but there are a few more cams up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member