Found Alive FL - Kamiyah Mobley, newborn, Jacksonville, 10 July 1998 *guilty*

Meanwhile Williams, who also has two biological children who grew up with Kamiyah, will be extradited back to Florida as soon as possible and is being held without bond, according to Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...obley-cries-says-goodbye-kidnapper-court.html

So, presuming the other two actually are her bio children, she was obviously capable of having her own.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I NEVER SAID SHE DIDN"T DESERVE TO GO TO PRISON. Jeez.

Personally I consider a 'monster' to be someone that purposefully causes suffering and I'm not quite willing to call Williams a 'monster' just yet.

If she were a narcissistic sociopath you'd think her daughter would have some awareness of that; most older children hate their narcissist parents.

People are so quick to throw diagnoses around and I think that's really irresponsible.

No need to yell. My point was that there were a lot of people devastated by her actions, which included not just the kidnapping but 18 years of lies and cover up, years that can never be restored to her real family. She had bio kids, so it's not like she went nuts over not being able to have her own kids. She drove three hours, so this was planned and intentional... not like she saw a baby in a stroller and impulsively grabbed it. She spent hours in the hospital deliberately acting as a nurse. Purposeful? Yup.

I'm sorry, but IMO she is indeed evil and a monster.

I have removed some posts discussing Kamiyah/Alexis's Facebook page. While some news orgs have referenced her facebook please avoid discussing her social media here. Whether her settings are open and public or private, she is a victim, a living victim of a crime who has done nothing to warrant sleuthing under our TOS.

She has been thrust into the spotlight but we can afford her some privacy, even if others elsewhere may not be. Thanks, t

More on the family reunion.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/parents-reunite-with-abducted-daughter-18-years-later

Aiken said he never gave up hope that his daughter would be found alive.
“I always thought I would find her,” he said. “For anybody that lost hope, just keep hope alive. Keep praying. Keep fighting. If it happened to me, it could happen to anybody."

Local, national and international media outlets have contacted them hoping to learn more about the dramatic discovery, but the family has asked for privacy now as they deal with the aftermath of the news.

While I'm so happy that this beautiful young girl was found alive and well, I can't help but to feel badly too. She must be extremely confused right now and will probably need much love and support to get through this ordeal. Most kidnappings don't end up like this , I'm so grateful that she's been found safe.

Dad's Heartbreak: Girl He Raised as His Own Was Really Kidnapped as a Newborn

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dads-heartbreak-girl-raised-kidnapped-newborn/story?id=44798183

One father's joy was another father's heartbreak, after Charles Manigo learned that the girl he raised and believed to be his own daughter for 18 years was really another man's child.

"I named her -- a name I had for a year. Alexis Kelly," Manigo said. "She was the love of my life."

But what Manigo didn't know was that his former girlfriend, Gloria Williams, had allegedly snatched the girl from a maternity ward, and lied when she told him she'd given birth to the baby when he was away. The girl he called Alexis was really Kamiyah Mobley.

Meanwhile Williams, who also has two biological children who grew up with Kamiyah, will be extradited back to Florida as soon as possible and is being held without bond, according to Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...obley-cries-says-goodbye-kidnapper-court.html

So, presuming the other two actually are her bio children, she was obviously capable of having her own.

The other two are younger. Sounds like authorities determined she is the bio mother of the two younger ones (see link). She had a miscarriage before the abduction. So sounds like she was trying to keep the boyfriend by presenting him with a child (as happens in pretty much all of these baby abduction cases). Usually a woman abductor has a boyfriend/husband she is trying to keep and she thinks the only way to keep him is to present him with a baby. If these abductors have children already, they are not with the same guy they are trying to keep. In this case, it sounds like she suffered a miscarriage, then allegedly abducted a baby, then was able to actually have two bio children.

http://walterborolive.com/2017/01/w...-1998-kidnapping-news-the-press-and-standard/

This perp caused HORRENDOUS suffering.
No "maybe's" about it.
Ms. Williams purposely caused horrible pain to the biological family of Alexis/Kamiyah...not to mention the other victims -- the young ladies' 'father' who thought she was his own, Williams' children who grew up with her believing her to be their sibling , and last but not least-- this girl who may or may not bond with her bio family.

To the credit of the biological parents ... they appear to not be rushing her and they're keeping it positive.

How can someone do this to other people ???

And a sociopath isn't necessarily 'stupid' -- she or he can be very cunning . Also getting some "Stockholm Syndrome" vibes here.

There are those who have had miscarriages or still births , and they would NEVER cause the pain of losing a baby to anyone else !!
They'd grieve their loss , but not make another family suffer the same. Worse in a way, as with a miscarriage/still birth , at least you know your baby is safe with the angels.

Alexis/Kamiyah's family had to suffer with 'not knowing'. Unbelievable agony.

This Williams perp is a monster and she will get no sympathy from me. :(
The damage she has done ... not enough words to describe it.
:moo:

I truly hope that A/K's immediate and extended families in both South Carolina and Florida can come together as one for the sake of their beloved A/K. She is gaining her biological family but I don't want her to lose the only family she's ever known, nor them to lose her. It would be wonderful if they could all get to know each other and be part of each other's lives. That kind of love from both families could undo some of harm and pain Williams caused. A/K shouldn't have to choose one family over the other. And if she wants to visit Williams in prison, that's up to her IMO. Williams however, has no rights in this situation. She stole a baby and lived a lie, causing immeasurable grief and loss to the family of the child she stole and to the child she raised, as well as to the family who thought of A/K as their relative and love her.
JMO

If this young lady is as strong as I believe her to be, she is going to continue her familiar relationship as a member of the Manigo family, and extend that to include her bio family. She appears to have grown up with a lot of love that includes her dad/cousins/aunts and more from these 18 years of living. Her photos of the reunion with her bio family look as though she is happy to have them in her life, also.

Her father who raised her appears quite heartbroken and cares very much for how his daughter processes and grows from this situation. He won't turn away from the daighter he raised and loved, and will be very supportive, I believe.

The parents who raised her separated in 2003.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dads-heartbreak-girl-raised-kidnapped-newborn/story?id=44798183

One father's joy was another father's heartbreak, after Charles Manigo learned that the girl he raised and believed to be his own daughter for 18 years was really another man's child.

Manigo and Williams raised her from the time she was a newborn, sharing custody after they split up in 2003, and celebrating milestones together, like her prom, he said.

"The person she called dad for 18 years isn't her dad," Manigo said.

[genuine tears from a loving man--JMO]

http://www.news4jax.com/news/source-accused-kidnapper-lost-baby-had-mental-breakdown

Williams has two sons, and the boys' father filed for divorce from her in 1993. She later met Charles Manigo and became pregnant with her third child.

Williams' two grown sons, who live out of state, returned to South Carolina to see their mother after her arrest.

They are reportedly very close with their mother and were shocked to learn the true identity of the girl they believed was their half sister.

The two who thought they were half siblings are older, not younger.

I lived in Jacksonville when this happened (still work here) and now live right over Fla/Ga line. This was a huge story 18 years ago. Kamiyah has to be such a confused young lady right now. I hope she gets the help she needs to help her through this and into her adult years. So happy she was found alive but heartbreaking too!

I'm so interested in this. Walterboro is about 30 miles from me and is a small quiet rural town. I've been there several times as there is a large auction house I've been to. And that's about all there is!

DaisyMae, I've stopped at the Wal-Mart in Walterboro on my way to Edisto...and hope to again.

Great news for Kamiyah!

:seeya:

Blondie ... this link isn't working for me.

Sorry daisy.....let's try this one:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ey-hits-man-thought-father.html#ixzz4Vxg6p0w7

The 18-year-old girl who found out she was kidnapped at birth has hit out against the man who claimed to have raised her, hours after he sobbed on television about how heartbroken he was at learning she had been abducted from the hospital as a baby.
Charles Manigo says he only found out he was not Kamiyah's biological father last week when his former partner Gloria Williams, 51, was arrested in South Carolina over the girl's abduction back in 1998.
Manigo tearfully told ABC News the couple had named the girl Alexis Kelly Manigo after Williams led him to believe she had given birth to her while he was away.
He claimed that they raised her in Walterboro, South Carolina as Alexis Kelly and even shared custody of her when they split in 2003.
But the teen girl took to Facebook and slammed the man she called 'dad' while growing up saying quite the opposite of what he sobbed on television over.
'He did nothing, he didn't even help with nothing (sic) that was done for that prom,' she wrote.
'He was the reason I didn't go to my senior prom, he was not there when I moved to Georgia, never saw him.
Of his alleged claims that he contributed money to Williams for child support, Kamiyah wrote, 'He like (sic) to bring up a $40 check a week? Thats (sic) nothing but $160 dollars. My bundles [of weave hair] cost $290.'
She continues, 'Do the math? Who was there? Gloria Williams. So what is a Charles Manigo? (sic)'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ey-hits-man-thought-father.html#ixzz4VyZBvjVX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back