TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... Here is a hypothesis to consider....
At 4:23, MB enters the building, I believe, within moments, SP aimed a laser light and shot once, as an expert marksman. The weapon causes some of the gait issues. SP is able to puncture with the tools after removing the dart in a determined effort to make it appear there was no shot at all. In other words, only the SP should know there was a shot and that the ammo is missing....

^ bbm sbm. Is it possible ^ post inadvertently confuses --
-- laser sights which are accessories/features attached on firearms to help shooter aim gun at intended target, to improve accuracy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_laser_applications#Laser_sight
and
--- Tasers, a brand name for weapons which "fire projectiles that administer the shock through thin flexible wires." That is, Tasers shoot darts into person/target w wires keeping the darts attached/tethered to the weapon. Unlike a stun gun* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroshock_weapon

Is theory in ^ post: SP had firearm w laser sight, like we see in TV & movies, where shooter aims gun at person/target's heart or center mass, & person/target looks down at own chest & sees little 'red dot' there.

Okay, could be, but where/how does 'the dart' enter the situation, esp. as something to be removed from person/target? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the theory altogether. Entirely possible. Anyone? Thx in adv.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Tasers differ from 'stunguns' which administer an electric shock by direct contact with the person/target. To be effective, stungun shooter must be within ~ arms' reach of intended person/target, so the stungun has contact w. person/target's skin or thru thin clothing. Tasers can be used further away from person/target. Both Tasers & stunguns are electroshock weapons, designed to cause electric shock aimed at temporarily disrupting muscle functions and/or inflicting pain without causing significant injury.

Sorry Cannonball I'm not convinced yet:) I'll give you the sunrise part but not the rest. Lol The height reference was just pointing out that MB was a small person even though she was strong. I do not think a vandal would have to do all that was done to her just to get away. What was she going to do keep them in a headlock until help arrived? Maybe they wanted to burglarize, vandalize and murder her but IMO no to the first two.

Ok but I won't stop until I've worn you down completely. ;)

I can't imagine a burglary gone wrong resulting in a rumored to be horrific, gruesome and over the top murder. JMO...way too many coincidences for me to go down that road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't imagine a burglary gone wrong resulting in a rumored to be horrific, gruesome and over the top murder. JMO...way too many coincidences for me to go down that road.

But once again we have nothing but unsubstantiated rumors as to what the crime scene was like. We can only go with what we know - not whisperings in PMs.

MPD is intimately familiar with what the crime scene looked like. And yet, months into a thorough investigation, they say they believe it was untargeted. So how do you reconcile that?

^ bbm sbm. Is it possible ^ post inadvertently confuses --
-- laser sights which are accessories/features attached on firearms to help shooter aim gun at intended target, to improve accuracy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_laser_applications#Laser_sight
and
--- Tasers a brand name for weapons which "fire projectiles that administer the shock through thin flexible wires." That is, Tasers shoot darts into person/target w wires keeping the darts attached/tethered to the weapon. Unlike a stun gun* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroshock_weapon

Is theory in ^ post: SP had firearm w laser sight, like we see in TV & movies, where shooter aims gun at person/target's heart or center mass, & person/target looks down at own chest & sees little 'red dot' there.

Okay, could be, but where/how does 'the dart' enter the situation, esp. as something to be removed from person/target? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the theory altogether. Entirely possible. Anyone? Thx in adv.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Tasers differ from 'stun guns' which administer an electric shock by direct contact with the person/target. To be effective, stungun shooter must be within ~ arms' reach of intended person/target, so the stun gun has contact w. person/target's skin or thru thin clothing. Tasers can be used further away from person/target. Both Tasers & stunguns are electroshock weapons, designed to cause electric shock aimed at temporarily disrupting muscle functions and/or inflicting pain without causing significant injury.
Dart, I think it comes from the theory I posited back in July in terms of MB being shot and what I think she was shot with.

For a while I was sure the motive was a love triangle but now I am thinking the motive is not so clear cut, something that does not occur to us as a motive for murder.
If this was not a murder for hire I think SP is someone Missy knew, someone fairly intelligent, crazy but maybe is able to keep their crazy hidden from others, lives alone and has a lot of free time...perhaps unemployed.

For me I have to have a Suspect in order to try figure out a motive. Different people/different set of circumstances = different possible motives. JMHO

What leads you to believe she was shot with a dart?
Well, the first thing is that I believe she was shot. I don't believe that was known until the autopsy. I also believe that investigators did not observe any bullet holes in walls or anything at the scene. I also believe that the ME did not recover a bullet or any fragments. Hence, bringing the ATF dog out the day after. So, if she were shot then it had to be with something other than a bullet.

MPD is intimately familiar with what the crime scene looked like. And yet, months into a thorough investigation, they say they believe it was untargeted.

I agree that LE has the best take on whether the murder was most likely targeted, or untargeted. But my recollection is that the most recent (and ongoing) statements from LE are that they really aren't saying either way, between targeted or untargeted. Are you sure that their most recent and ongoing stance is that "We believe it was an untargeted murder"? (And of course, if so, would you show me where they said that, so I can see whatever I missed. Muchas gracias.)

But once again we have nothing but unsubstantiated rumors as to what the crime scene was like. We can only go with what we know - not whisperings in PMs.

MPD is intimately familiar with what the crime scene looked like. And yet, months into a thorough investigation, they say they believe it was untargeted. So how do you reconcile that?

I think they're leaving all options out there, and they don't owe the public specific details. Knowing I heard similar stories from local people, not on WS...I have a hard time believing that every single person is wrong. Some of the details are sickening and I can't imagine someone making that up. JMO

Yes, at this point they're rumors, and could be wrong but, we can agree to disagree. ;) Scroll and roll.

I agree that LE has the best take on whether the murder was most likely targeted, or untargeted. But my recollection is that the most recent (and ongoing) statements from LE are that they really aren't saying either way, between targeted or untargeted. Are you sure that their most recent and ongoing stance is that "We believe it was an untargeted murder"? (And of course, if so, would you show me where they said that, so I can see whatever I missed. Muchas gracias.)

Here ya go. Now the People Magazine article references them "exploring the option" of an untargeted hit. But I think I remember that the more direct quote at the time was "leaning toward" untargeted hit. Just can't locate where the "leaning toward" article is at the moment.

http://people.com/crime/missy-bevers-texas-murder-update/

During their investigation, police discovered through search warrants that Missy was dealing with “an ongoing financial and marital struggle,” and that she’d sent “flirtatious and familiar” messages to someone else. But after looking into that revelation as a possible motive, “the love-triangle thing is not really panning out so far,” Johnson said this summer.

That meant investigators were exploring the option that the crime was “an untargeted type of hit,” which greatly opened up the field of suspects — that it could be someone Missy knew or it could not. And while Johnson said in July he would not officially eliminate anyone as a suspect, Missy’s family was not a “focus of the investigation.

Well, the first thing is that I believe she was shot. I don't believe that was known until the autopsy. I also believe that investigators did not observe any bullet holes in walls or anything at the scene. I also believe that the ME did not recover a bullet or any fragments. Hence, bringing the ATF dog out the day after. So, if she were shot then it had to be with something other than a bullet.

What's the basis for your belief that the ME didn't recover a bullet or bullet fragments?

The theory I lean towards is the simpler, not twisted, in your face kind of motive. Missy and her husband were having marriage problems, money problems and possible affairs. We have a husband out of town on a annual trip as well as the father-in-law vacationing at the exact same time. Then you have the husband's behavior which seems peculiar to me in that he appears distant and unemotional when talking about Missy on camera. I just get a weird vibe! The murder itself appears to be planned in advance, rain or shine...either way, I believe the plan was for her to die in that church, that morning, while her husband was out of town. I really don't put any weight on the fact that she posted on FB the evening before that due to rain the class would be moved inside. It was said that Missy would open the church to unlock the bathrooms for the campers even when holding the class outside which I believe is a known detail to the person who hired the hit...so even if it weren't raining, she would have still entered the church that morning. I feel the murder was a hired hit - no burglary - and well planned by an individual that knew Missy's routine very well. That individual would also make sure they had an ironclad alibi like being out of town.

I think they're leaving all options out there, and they don't owe the public specific details. Knowing I heard similar stories from local people, not on WS...I have a hard time believing that every single person is wrong. Some of the details are sickening and I can't imagine someone making that up. JMO

Yes, at this point they're rumors, and could be wrong but, we can agree to disagree. ;) Scroll and roll.

Are the stories consistent?!

We have not had an official release from MPD since last May. Yes, we have had mainstream media reports, including quotes, but I do not trust the media at all (disclaimer - I am only speaking for me). The media frequently takes source documents (SWs, press conferences, official police statements, etc.) and misrepresents them when attempting to paraphrase or summarize. For that reason, I am sticking with what we heard in May.

However, I know the quote to which you are referring. It first appeared in the July issue of People. I think that the quote referred to MB's death as an "untargeted hit." I will link the article shortly.

ETA: From the article,

[FONT=&amp]But after looking into that revelation as a possible motive, “the love-triangle thing is not really panning out so far,” Johnson says. This means they are exploring the option that the crime was “an untargeted type of hit,” which greatly opens up the field of suspects.

[/FONT]http://people.com/crime/murdered-texas-fitness-instructors-family-furious-by-slowed-investigation/

ETA2 - I see that you already found the source.

The theory I lean towards is the simpler, not twisted, in your face kind of motive. Missy and her husband were having marriage problems, money problems and possible affairs. We have a husband out of town on a annual trip as well as the father-in-law vacationing at the exact same time. Then you have the husband's behavior which seems peculiar to me in that he appears distant and unemotional when talking about Missy on camera. I just get a weird vibe! The murder itself appears to be planned in advance, rain or shine...either way, I believe the plan was for her to die in that church, that morning, while her husband was out of town. I really don't put any weight on the fact that she posted on FB the evening before that due to rain the class would be moved inside. It was said that Missy would open the church to unlock the bathrooms for the campers even when holding the class outside which I believe is a known detail to the person who hired the hit...so even if it weren't raining, she would have still entered the church that morning. I feel the murder was a hired hit - no burglary - and well planned by an individual that knew Missy's routine very well. That individual would also make sure they had an ironclad alibi like being out of town.

Couldn't agree more!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members