TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believethis blog has explored about every direction (and changed directions as more evidence has become available.) I’m not going to critique anyone for complicated or expensive theories. The cheap and simple ones haven’t seemed to get us very far either. Though Occam probably was right.

For whatever it's worth, I think that critiqueing theories is precisely the point of this place. Not everyone sees things from the same perspective, and I owe it to you just as you owe it to me, due to our mutual interest in solving a murder, to give you my honest perspective on your theory, and vice versa.

Maybe I missed it but I’d be interested in hearing your thesis (starting point); it’s sometimes easier to discredit others than postulate and defend your own. Beyond reviewing the evidence, where shouldwe look.

My past dozen or so posts have been a combination of both critiqueing others' theories while postulating my own.
I've posted my thesis a few times, but it's a boring one, by comparison... I'll state it in its entirety:

I think the driver of the Altima is our SP, and I think he acted alone (and I think it's a he).

I think he was out on a mission to do some mischief, be it a break in or some other crime of opportunity. He was prepared for video cameras, and confident enough in his disguise that he couldn't be identified. I think he pulled into the SWFA parking lot with headlights off to prevent any other cars on the highway from knowing he did so. I think when he pulled around the far side of the SWFA and turned his lights off again, it's because he saw the headlights of another car coming up or down the highway. I think it's possible he was considering breaking into the SWFA, but decided against it. I think he waited until the coast was clear on 287 Northbound (not caring about southbound) so he could head back that way and pull into the church lot without being seen.

I think he broke into the church, and I think it took him a while to do so (maybe taking time to get dressed up beforehand, thus killing some time between 2 AM and 3 AM). I think the casual nature of his actions, and the implicit lack of a firearm, indicates he was there to cause mischief, maybe steal something, maybe just get off on pretending to be a cat burglar. I think that his stature, gait, and actions show no signs of professionalism at all. I believe he was not expecting company, and that MB confronted him, and in an act of desperation, he killed her with his hammer to avoid being caught at the scene. I also think he left immediately the same way he came in, fleeing in his vehicle.

If there were no CG class that day, and MB was never there, this would have been a simple break-in, and the video cameras at the SWFA probably never would have even been reviewed. If this were a murder-for-hire made to look like a burglary, and a professional job, at that, I would think that our SP would have looked a lot more like your typical burglar, hooded sweatshirt, mask with eye holes, etc. Anyone doing this professionally would probably have known that a person dressed in swat gear murdering a woman with a hammer in a church would make national headlines.

I think there's no good reason to believe killing MB was a financial decision, and I think there's no good reason to believe that family had anything to do with it, and LE, at least on the surface, outspokenly agrees.

I invite you to poke holes in my theory, because that's what this is all about. The last thing I want you to do is go on letting me believe what I believe, I would rather you convince me otherwise, because that's how people come to agreement.

I respectfully disagree.
There are many alternatives to getting to that destination via that dirt road or north of the church as well.
Four wheel drive pick up, four wheeler etc.
AND we don't know if SP could have changed out of any if at all wet or muddy clothing at any point In the kitchen or other that was not caught on camera.
JMO!
But a vehicle if any sort would've tracked a ton of mud into the parking lot. And if you hypothesize that they walked to prevent that, there wasn't mud all over the sidewalk outside the kitchen door. Or the broken windows.

^ bbm sbm IIRC LE said: MB's FiL & MiL were in RV out of state (CA?) on day of MB's death. While some ppl would conclude that means they were on a vacation, away from their regular Midlo/DFW area home and therefore timing of trip is a cohinkydink, is that necessarily true?

If a couple owns/occupies home/apt in Midlo-DFW area and has an RV they 'take trips' in, then yes, an out-of-state trip (far from Midlo/DFW area) timing may seem suspect. But somehow, I got impression MB's FiL had previously vacated/sold home/apt in Midlo/DFW area (IDK when) and either:
1. permanently moved far away from Midlo/DFW area (perhaps CA?) or
2. moved into an RV, traveled in it, & were 'RV full-timers.' *

If 1. or 2. is true, then imo their timing of being away from Midlo at time of MB's death was not suspicious. Not intending to sleuth, in fact, saying FiL being far away (if true) is not necessarily a cohinkydink, meriting suspicion (as some ppl suggested). All JM2cts.

{ETA: If anyone can link LE's stmt re FiL's location on day of MB's death, thx in adv.}

* Some ppl live in RVs full time and have no 'other home-base' and perhaps no belongings elsewhere, esp when ~ 60 y/o or close to retirement. Some stay in one place for months or years; some move around every few days. Some ppl travel in RVs for business/work purposes and some travel in RVs only for vacations.
More info at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulltiming and http://www.motorhome365.com/ and https://escapees.com/ .
I believe your #2 is true, that RB and VB full time in the RV. She had a FB post from Sept saying, "they are booked near Austin Oct 20". I take to mean at one of the many RV resorts, which I believe is how they stay in CA and OR.

Have the injuries sustained by Missy ever been officially released? Has there been confirmation by authoritative sources as to the weapons used?
There have been so many rumours - am looking for confirmation, and who else would I ask but my WSer mates. TIA

Imo, pretty much individual-specific, depending on hit-purchaser and hit-seller, how emotionally/financially/mentally desperate they are; as identity of intended target; the city or state; logistical difficulties of carrying out plan; likelihood of being caught, arrested, etc. In some cases, how drunk or drugged one is or both are. Occasionally ppl agree to work for consideration other than cash, e.g., 'I'll do it, if you'll sign over the title on your Mustang." Many elements factor into the equation.

I agree. There are many other possibilities in terms of payment or benefit (which are both very broadly encompassing terms) for murder. The problem here, in my opinion, is that there is no one standing to benefit from MB's death. I'm pretty confident that every angle in terms of family and friends and extramarital relationships has been covered by LE at this point to no avail. Even in theory, knowing the way she was killed, and the attention it has drawn (as any of us could have guessed it would), there's no one who stands to benefit from her death. Unless there's some key relationship or piece of information that hasn't been shared..

Respectfully, I think you are misunderstanding. Per Texas statutes under certain conditions an affidavit can be sealed for 30 days, and one 30 day extension. Then has to be filed with Clerk of Court for public viewing. That is what was done here.
Arkansasmimi has the grace of Mother Theresa and the smarts of any supreme court clerk around....... don't mess with her lol....

bbm

Apropos: I read comments which said the Altima driver positioned the car at this certain lot because he could see the church in his rearview mirror .....

Why rearview mirror? Altima driver spent several minutes sitting in that lot all alone, circled it once, and could have parked at any angle.. if the objective was to observe the church parking lot, then why restrict your view to that of a 2.5 x 8 inch rectangle?

^bbm sbm rose222 Thanks for you post. Agreeing w you - MB's husband & FiL both being hundreds of miles away at same time her death occurred may be huge coincidence and suspicious.

OTOH it may not, depending on typical frequency of FiL's travel for business/his job or vacation.

For a person who is always in one city/county/metro, except for annual 2-wk Hawaii vacation, then yes, that person's absence may be suspect, perhaps a well planned alibi for time of spouse/SOs death. But some positions require an employee to fly out of town to work at another location(s) for multiple days every week. Or work at HQ for a week, fly to other location & work there the next week. Shampoo, rinse, & repeat.

I'm firmly convinced that I don't know :gaah: if BB or FiL absences are mere coincidence or suspicious cohinkydinks.
I think we find the FIL being in CA hinky because our first impression of the SP seemed like a larger person who matched his body type and gait. Then we saw his lack of emotion, and the FB post that he hated her, then him being out of town was a red flag. The fact is I think he is seldom here, being out of town is the norm.

I have entertained the thought they may have returned as a first responder, Le agent either with MPD or an out side city or county or even posed as someone that was going to attend her class. Or a nosy neighbor. Only speculation and my own thoughts, not based on any personal knowledge.

I still think SP could have been at the crime scene with the outfit in their trunk. It's my personal opinion that MPD didn't check trunks, etc. and the killer was right there. mOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could have even been one of the campers. Someone is waiting outside for them, they drive off, s/he changes quickly and returns in a different car, possibly in time to discover her body.

Could have even been one of the campers. Someone is waiting outside for them, they drive off, s/he changes quickly and returns in a different car, possibly in time to discover her body.

Very good !!!

I agree. There are many other possibilities in terms of payment or benefit (which are both very broadly encompassing terms) for murder. The problem here, in my opinion, is that there is no one standing to benefit from MB's death. I'm pretty confident that every angle in terms of family and friends and extramarital relationships has been covered by LE at this point to no avail. Even in theory, knowing the way she was killed, and the attention it has drawn (as any of us could have guessed it would), there's no one who stands to benefit from her death. Unless there's some..

re ^ bbm
Agreeing it's possible but LE has not released enough info for me to positively conclude nobody benefits from her death, in some way. Perhaps monetarily. Perhaps by a shift in relationships in MBs family or circle. Or???

Imo its possible/likely/maybe virtually incontrovertible, LE has "key relationship or piece of information that hasn't been shared" as ^ post notes.

JM2cts, could be all wrong.

If you're really just up for mischief, then why go to the extensive cover up of your outfit? And I've tried to look at that theory, but logically it just doesn't make sense...and yes I realize murder never makes sense.

ETA: We haven't heard anything directly out of MPD since what July? I don't believe everything I read in articles. They've been strategic in what they say. I personally think the Altima was to give the people something since they kept asking. It distracts public and gives MPD room to work their case without being hounded...also think it makes perp think they have know clue who they are. They're not going to come right out and say we're watching and waiting for you to choke and get caught.

Also, why would all these facts about their marriage be coming out if it was untargeted? That would have no motive...

ALL JMO

The footage of Old Limpy has been out since virtually Day 1.

IMHO is simply not possible for him to not already be ID'd and known.

The delay MUST be the Alibis. Untangling, and disproving.

EXCELLENT point!

I feel that the Altima driver plays a part in the murder of Missy. I have a new question to ponder. If we were able to review the security cameras from the church (including outdoor security cameras) and the gun store for, let's say, 6 months prior to the murder, I wonder what those cameras would reveal? What I am trying to get at is that how many people have pulled into the parking lots at these two places? (at 2 a.m.) and flashed lights, circled, turned off their lights, etc. How many break-in's have been attempted? This horrific murder of Missy seems way too planned out for just a typical "burglary gone wrong."

Justice rides a slow horse, but she always arrives. I think they'll find the creep, hopefully sooner rather than later.

re ^ bbm
Agreeing it's possible but LE has not released enough info for me to positively conclude nobody benefits from her death.

Imo its possible/likely/maybe virtually incontrovertible, LE has "key relationship or piece of information that hasn't been shared, as ^ post notes.

No one can positively conclude anything at this point. In every murder charge I've ever seen that took enough time to happen for there to be room for speculation, there have always been some significant quantities of information either held back or learned thru the investigation but not released to the public. In this case, however, they continue to be outspokenly perplexed. Instead of simply saying that investigation is ongoing and that they're processing new leads, they're actually saying they have no new leads, and they are relying on the public for help.

There was an 18 yr old kid who went missing the day after Christmas while out on his dirtbike. A text was sent by him saying that he crashed and hurt his leg, and no one heard from him at all after that. It took 3 weeks for search warrants to give LE access to his facebook messenger account, at which point what happened became quite easy to solve. Turns out he was dealing pot with his father that they grew on their property, when they ran out, he continued to deal and buy at varying times. He set up a meeting to buy $500 worth of pot from a high school friend and that very friend stabbed him to death with a knife. That case is still ongoing, actually.

I would be extremely surprised if LE didn't have at least SOME idea of what happened and who they are dealing with at this point. We're not 3 weeks into this investigation, we're 9 months in. I'm sure we can agree that virtually every means of electronic communication has been covered, and they've been left with very little or nothing. The Altima driver is almost certainly involved or responsible, since it's been 9 months with no identification or contact or help from that person, who would probably want to clear their name if they knew they were being suspected of a murder by hammer.

I just tend to think that after 9 months of ongoing investigation by both LE and the community at large, theories would start to line up with each other a bit more and make a bit more sense, but they haven't.

I also think if they really thought it was untargeted, they would be telling the public to be on high alert that a murderer was out on the run. JMO

I also think if they really thought it was untargeted, they would be telling the public to be on high alert that a murderer was out on the run. JMO

targeted or untargeted, a murderer IS out.. maybe not on the run, but certainly on the loose

EDIT: or maybe not even on the loose... if we're to infer meaning from LE's lack of a warning about a murderer at large, what would that meaning be? That the murderer is already apprehended? That the murderer is dead? If either of these things were the case, I'm sure something would have been said by now.

The footage of Old Limpy has been out since virtually Day 1.

IMHO is simply not possible for him to not already be ID'd and known.

The delay MUST be the Alibis. Untangling, and disproving.

One can only hope. However you must also consider the alternative, that the gimpy walk could have been caused on that morning, in the dark. If the perp injured his/herself it would be easy to call in sick and nurse a sprain and go unnoticed. There is also the possibility it was from the gear as Mimi has suggested or shoes to large as others have theorized.

I would love to believe that they are know and ID'd but I'm not holding my breath.

Of course all MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members