Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Jodi entered the talent show this year?

She may be too occupied with other talents which are more in demand. Besides, she may not feel like singing; she may be a bit disappointed of late in her Buddy on High now that the nights are not so Holy.

She may keep her ribbon though, along with one or two 'Free Jodi' placards from brighter days and watch them slowly burn yellow.

IIRC he was quite detailed and graphic about his private meetings with during the time of his representation. As I understand it, all interactions between attorney and client outside of the courtroom are considered privileged and cannot be revealed publicly without the consent of both parties.

I don't think the purely salacious nature of the revelations bear so much weight in the case, but instead just the simple fact that they were private meetings between client and attorney.

Nurmi clearly knew as much and decided to roll the dice anyway and was apparently at least prepared for, if not expecting, the consequences.

Not sure if anyone already posted this (or was remotely interested, quite frankly)...

Kirk Nurmi Interview:
http://www.12news.com/news/local/valley/why-jodi-arias-lawyer-wanted-to-be-disbarred/357165040

Not sure if anyone already posted this (or was remotely interested, quite frankly)...

Kirk Nurmi Interview:
http://www.12news.com/news/local/valley/why-jodi-arias-lawyer-wanted-to-be-disbarred/357165040

Three traits I would use to describe Arias are psychopathy, narcissism, and duplicity.

I see the last two in Nurmi.

His book was a defense only if you believe offense is the best form of it. It was justification, not defense. Expending effort to cut everyone around you down to your already small size does not really even the playing field nor justify your smallness.

While I'm sure Arias was as difficult a client as they come, I don't see Nurmi's book as a justified reaction to anything other than his own injured narcissism, or a defense to anything other than his own questionable duplicity.

Does anyone think that Nurmi will finish publishing his othe book on Arias? And if he does what would happen to him? Is he free to publish it now?

Does anyone think that Nurmi will finish publishing his othe book on Arias? And if he does what would happen to him? Is he free to publish it now?

Good question. He has a lot less to lose now, that's for sure.

I suppose he could be sued by for those as well. She has a reputation to defend, after all.

In writing his book, Nurmi saw dollar signs. He probably made quite a bit of money defending her thanks to the good taxpayers of Arizona and wanted the gravy train to continue. He made the personal choice to spill the beans and simply grabbed an opportunity to shore up his bank account. Then he conjured up the rationale that he thought he was dying of cancer and wanted to quench the thirst of trial watchers and set the record straight before he left this world. Laughing all the way to the bank.
It was unfortunate he developed cancer and went through horrible chemotherapy. What is suspect to me is that he wants us to think while he was terribly ill the most pressing item on his mind was writing his book about being "Trapped".
IMO he had the first draft completed before his diagnosis.
Another irony is how he blamed the big, bad media for not allowing his princess to get a fair trial. Then afterwards we saw the great Nurmi on every interview circuit discussing his book and even writing a column in a newspaper waxing prophetic about how defendents don't get fair trials in this country.
All this, of course, after he dragged Travis through the mud emphasizing lurid details of a sex life between TA & the monster that had limited merit in her defense. I can't remember offhand the phrases he used so frequently in her defense that Martinez referred to in his book that lost all impact because Nurmi used them so much.
If Nurmi lost his drive to work as a lawyer so much that he willingly gave up his license, it was purely because of his own bad decisions.
Cry me a river. Agree with Steve- narcissist much?

Hi Everyone,

Hope you remember me! Hey I was interviewed by Phoenix Magazine and it came out this month and references my involvement in this trial, Websleuths, Tricia, her radio show, etc.

If you're local, it's on newstands right now. If not, you can read it here:

http://www.phoenixmag.com/people/podcast-p-i-s.html

Hope you are all doing well.
love,
Katie

Hi Everyone,

Hope you remember me! Hey I was interviewed by Phoenix Magazine and it came out this month and references my involvement in this trial, Websleuths, Tricia, her radio show, etc.

If you're local, it's on newstands right now. If not, you can read it here:

http://www.phoenixmag.com/people/podcast-p-i-s.html

Hope you are all doing well.
love,
Katie

Nice piece. Hope life is treating you well...

LOL. I cringe every time I hear "Oh Holy Night", no matter who is singing it.

OT: Where did H4M go? It says former member! Is she ok?

Last time I saw Hope was on the Papini threads. They were pretty heated and folks kept getting time outs. Not sure why she'd quit WS and I was kinda bummed cause we were on the same side on the case and she's a strong advocate. So if y'all hear from her tell her her buddy Mister hopes she's doing great

Last time I saw Hope was on the Papini threads. They were pretty heated and folks kept getting time outs. Not sure why she'd quit WS and I was kinda bummed cause we were on the same side on the case and she's a strong advocate. So if y'all hear from her tell her her buddy Mister hopes she's doing great

I'll let her know...

Messages sent TexMex and Rickshaw Fan! :wave:

Why are there no work records listed for Jodi from late November through today. Other inmates, Devault etc are showing up to date work records.

Why are there no work records listed for Jodi from late November through today. Other inmates, Devault etc are showing up to date work records.

Possible fallout from the Radar online stories about toilet scrubbing and $530 check sent to the Alexanders? Those came out Nov 15ish and Dec 5.

Eta: Devault is raking it in at 40 cents an hour.

From me, too! It's just not the same without her. If she needs encouragement, I can deliver!

I also figure at the very least, she's pleased that JA is no longer a weekly (or monthly) headline. I'm thinking JA's fan mail has considerably evaporated...

I also figure at the very least, she's pleased that JA is no longer a weekly (or monthly) headline. I'm thinking JA's fan mail has considerably evaporated...

So has her appeal fund.

Oh! Such a shame.... /sarcasm off...
haha-bom-smiley.gif

JMO
Somehow I missed that Mr. N ended up losing his license over this case and the book he wrote.

It sounds like it was really JA fault though. Because it sounds like she instigated the action against him if I am reading things right. She is considering even more action to possibly sue him and I would hope she cannot profit from that. It seems to me the As should get any funds if she does sue.

Wasnt there a law passed that prevented the guilty parties from profiting off of their murders. I would hope the state of AZ nips this in the bud.

Maybe Mr. N didnt mind to take off 4 years as he may be working on the rest of the trilogy.

"Nurmi's book, Trapped with Ms. Arias, is meant to be a trilogy, no word if we can still expect the next volumes."

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...rees-to-be-disbarred-over-book-about-the-case

Hi everyone, miss y'all. Much love to my cyber buddies now and forever. Has that bit*h been shanked yet, and if not, why not? Humongous hugs to all. Katie I read the story, thanks. I am still one of the BAB's and just know you are. LOL.

So sorry to not read Hope posting on here, she was the bomb!! Zuri, please let her know I am just too sad, and that I miss my sister from another mister.

I can't be on here as much as I would like, but know this... I think of each of you often. Love you all. :loveyou:

So there's been no recent news to report on from behind Perryville's pearly gates?

I guess she's been keeping busy making new friends one toilet at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks