Searching for Anna

Sending prayers of love, comfort and strength to all who search for answers for where Anna is.

I will never stop believing in miracles and the kindness and compassion shown by members of Websleuths confirm that I am not the only one!

Sending love and comfort to Anna's Mom and family. You are never alone. Others share your heartbreak and will never give up.

I don't post much on Anna's forum, but I do browse the old threads when I can to learn as much as I can about what is known and what has been done about Anna's case.

I don't currently have any ideas to suggest, but I do wish you all the best and I always hope that Anna will be the next missing person to be found safe.

Such a lovely post Annasmom :)
Along with. Ancestry I think it viable to look into gedmatch and upload your DNA there as it can match with 23me another very popular testing site and other common testing sites other than ancestry!

Perhaps we can Brian storm on how we can contact Anna.
.xo

Smile, you may be the only long-time WebSleuther who still posts here, and it always gives me a lift to read your words.

Thanks Anna and you and your family are always in the back of my mind I hope and pray 2017 brings you answers and Anna home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Along with. Ancestry I think it viable to look into gedmatch and upload your DNA there as it can match with 23me another very popular testing site and other common testing sites other than ancestry!

.xo
Good idea, SideKick, but I'll have to save up for it.

.xo

I wonder if any of the companies would donate their services, if they hear the story behind it?

Good idea, SideKick, but I'll have to save up for it.

Annasmom, Gedmatch is free.

GEDMATCH.

Gedmatch can be a great place to collaborate with others who have been tested at other companies and gain access to more genetic tools to try to figure out how you are related to others.

It is a FREE (yes, FREE!) service provided by very intelligent and motivated genetic genealogists. Anyone with genetic genealogy test results from 23andMe, FTDNA.com (the Family Finder test), and Ancestry.com.

1. Head over to www.Gedmatch.com and click on “New User.”

https://www.yourdnaguide.com/upload-to-gedmatch/

Annasmom, Gedmatch is free.

GEDMATCH.

Gedmatch can be a great place to collaborate with others who have been tested at other companies and gain access to more genetic tools to try to figure out how you are related to others.

It is a FREE (yes, FREE!) service provided by very intelligent and motivated genetic genealogists. Anyone with genetic genealogy test results from 23andMe, FTDNA.com (the Family Finder test), and Ancestry.com.

1. Head over to www.Gedmatch.com and click on “New User.”

https://www.yourdnaguide.com/upload-to-gedmatch/
Whoa. I took one look and I think you'd have to have a Master's Degree in Genetics to do this. Really, I just couldn't understand a word of it. Sorry to be so dense.

Whoa. I took one look and I think you'd have to have a Master's Degree in Genetics to do this. Really, I just couldn't understand a word of it. Sorry to be so dense.

Anna's mom,
DNA detectives, the group we belong to on FB will guide you. That is what they are there for. Why don't you post the question on how to upload your Ancestry DNA, and also ask the reason for doing this, if it is viable?
I'll look forward to reading your post. You are not alone on this!
People will assist.
Xox

Bumping for Anna we need regroup and brainstorm some new ideas

I feel that we are getting closer to find her but we just need to unlock that key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lately the Chev Impala which Anna's brother recalls seeing on Pursima with the long dark haired woman, gypsie style blouse with a man has been on my mind.
The plates were presumed to be from Washington State.
Has anyone tried to research these people, who, if took children, took others as well?
Would by chance, did they know of Waters or Brody?
Could they have been contacted by the them to preform the task of taking her?
Seems odd that one child could have two possible groups of people interested in abducting her.
The two Georges
And maybe, the two in the car. Trying to persuade her in the car that day.
Two separate non linked kidnappers!
This has always on my mind.

Anna's mom,
DNA detectives, the group we belong to on FB will guide you. That is what they are there for. Why don't you post the question on how to upload your Ancestry DNA, and also ask the reason for doing this, if it is viable?
I'll look forward to reading your post. You are not alone on this!
People will assist.
Xox

I think this is a really good way to go.

If Anna is alive and well, she has probably wondered about her origins and family situation, for many years. I would think she might have sent her DNA in to one of the do it yourself companies, to try and find biofamily members.

I sent my son's swab in for him as a birthday present because he was adopted and we know little about his biofamily. He has since, spoken to 2nd cousins and even found a half sister, online. It helped him answer much pondered questions.

Here is an example of what the company sends to him, routinely:

New Relative Found!

We found 1 new mtDNA HVR2 match(es) for _______ (kit 2%&*%$).

Understanding your matches

Your mtDNA HVR2 test results can help you find new ancestors and relatives on your direct maternal line (your mother&#8217;s mother&#8217;s mother and so forth).

After you log into your kit, your first step should be to look for your closest maternal matches. You will want to look at their family tree and email them to find your possible common ancestors.

So This^^ is how it works at Family Tree DNA. I think it was about 125 dollars for the DNA test.

I am sure we could come up with that much here from supporters if Anna's Mom is interested. She doesn't need to know how to match anything or do anything--they do it all for her.

My daughter had her's done through Ancestry and it's pretty accurate. It did give contact for a few "second" and "third" relatives, but none of them had logged in anytime recently, so there's no way to contact them. The person has to be active on Ancestry.com.

My daughter had her's done through Ancestry and it's pretty accurate. It did give contact for a few "second" and "third" relatives, but none of them had logged in anytime recently, so there's no way to contact them. The person has to be active on Ancestry.com.

But those 'relatives' are given notifications. And if someone is looking for contacts, they would answer their notifications. My son doesn't answer his anymore either, but he did at the beginning so he could find some birth family.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children plans to circulate a blog and video about Anna's case around her birthday, this coming September 25. I can't believe she would be 50 years old.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back