UK Several male disappearances UK

I have been going through Missing People UK, area by area, looking at under 30 only. Many were depressed, though the articles don't say clinically depressed, but depressed about things in their lives. One (not stated as having depression) had finished lunch with his parents and said he was going to the toilet, he wouldn't be a minute and was never seen again. Excluding the list above, missing after a night out, there seems to be young men who walk away from their current life and so many families, not knowing years later if they are alive or dead.

There have been several cases recently (last few years) of young men falling into rivers, a couple of cases which were in Bath, Somerset, UK. There has been many abroad... there was one in Canada I remember following on WS. I think the young chap was never found.

Some are found and some never due to the nature of rivers.

It usually happens to lone males who have been out on the lash, have had to much to drink and become separated from friends / colleagues.

The reason males usually succumb to drowning is that we need a pee and will pee into bodies of water such as rivers, whereas the fairer sex are usually a bit more refined outside.

In Bath the stretch of the river in the main town has very high sides, so once you fall in its almost impossible to get back out again, unless you happen to come across a landing platform (rare) or are strong enough to pull yourself out/find some rope (again rare) attached to the steep metal sides.

There is an appeal right now for a guy from Weston-super-Mare in Somerset who is missing from going out to a night club.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Maybe also look at similar cases where they HAVE eventually been found. Adrian Lynch springs to mind. I know he died "naturally" (he fell into a reservoir) but that type of scenario could well be the case in some of the ones you've listed. Sadly, lots of people fall in water and never surface. Also, quite a few will be suicides (recent Scottish case where a lad seems to have jumped off a bridge after a night out).

I think when we hear "drunk lad, early hours, water" a fair assumption is drowning. If they're not found, it doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I agree some of these cases will definitely be foul play.

UK Index is below if anyone didn't know about it, worth subscribing to.
I was going to ask, are you just wanting 'still missing' cases ScottishHem or ones that were missing in those circumstances but now found?

This one is fairly local to me. He rang his Mum at around 5a.m ish and she drove from Telford to Shrewsbury to pick him up but couldn't find him.

Shortly after the call, he'd somehow ended up in the river via a towpath gate which should've been locked. Dan was missing for almost a month before being found.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...fter-towpath-gate-was-left-open-inquest-told/

Could you please add (family friend) Jason Norfolk Hull very close to my heart and the police believe he went in the river only thing that gets me is the items they found which included a pair of trousers I can give more details if anyone wants any thank you

Could you please add (family friend) Jason Norfolk Hull very close to my heart and the police believe he went in the river only thing that gets me is the items they found which included a pair of trousers I can give more details if anyone wants any thank you

bbyblueeyez - I have just started a thread for Jason so you could add some detail if you'd like to. Hope you're feeling a bit better today.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-in-Hull-6th-Dec-2015&p=13093444#post13093444

What about the David O'Halloran case for similarities as well? David went missing after going out with friends in Stirling on a night out. Like Corrie he got split up from friends after being asked to leave a nightclub as they felt he'd had enough to drink. Was found 3 months later in a remote field outside Bridge of Allan but post Mortem showed date rape drug was in his system. Family still believe his drink was spiked. Just another of many possible angles to add? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4137906/KATIE-HOPKINS-missing-RAF-man-Corrie-McKeague.html

I was going to ask, are you just wanting 'still missing' cases ScottishHem or ones that were missing in those circumstances but now found?

This one is fairly local to me. He rang his Mum at around 5a.m ish and she drove from Telford to Shrewsbury to pick him up but couldn't find him.

Shortly after the call, he'd somehow ended up in the river via a towpath gate which should've been locked. Dan was missing for almost a month before being found.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...fter-towpath-gate-was-left-open-inquest-told/
I think both as if there was a link in some cases maybe some will have slipped through the net in looking incidental but are not . Thank you all so much for adding to this thread , I'll need to get Reading and catching up as not got online here today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What about the David O'Halloran case for similarities as well? David went missing after going out with friends in Stirling on a night out. Like Corrie he got split up from friends after being asked to leave a nightclub as they felt he'd had enough to drink. Was found 3 months later in a remote field outside Bridge of Allan but post Mortem showed date rape drug was in his system. Family still believe his drink was spiked. Just another of many possible angles to add? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4137906/KATIE-HOPKINS-missing-RAF-man-Corrie-McKeague.html
Thank you for this I'll have a wee read as this case is new to me :)

Yes definitely I'm going to do some reading later :)

I cannot fathom why the police in the Sean Ritchie case didn't look in to the 999 call sooner ? I'd have thought if something was important enough to call 999 about it should be followed up to some degree

and of course their list of 'most prolific' doesn't include those they know committed many more murders than they were not brought to justice for, Peter Tobin and Robert Black being the two that immediately come to mind.

You've really got me thinking now Scottishem!
Thank you 😊 there are so many to be a coincidence I feel . Yes Peter tobin was looked at for a series of murders in Glasgow "The bible John murders" but I think he lived elsewhere at the time but it just goes to show how many unsolved murders can be tied up to one man who is found guilty years later , the awful thing is Tobin couldn't have killed Angelika had he been kept in jail to serve his full jail term but he was released early 😥 There will be alot more murders put there that he has committed

Does anyone know of Luke Durbin having any connection to Drugs ? someone mentioned it on the main forum and I can't find who 😕

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back