Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so finally here are the pictures of where the phone was found. It was in what the media called a planter in front of a dumpster. It is directly behind GW and you can like drive around it...it is literally in the center of the parking lot. Margarita, in one picture you can see down the side of the building..you would have to walk outside the GW door, down the sidewalk and all the way around the building. You can also see just how big that back lot is. I think if the phone is hers, someone meant to throw it in the dumpster and missed. Of course, it could have been picked up at the other end of the parking lot by a homeless person or anyone...maybe there was a lock screen and they couldn't open it, in a fit of anger, they stomped on it. Not sure. Hopefully I can upload pics because I failed the other night...OK can anyone fix these? I am having horrible computer issues and hate to have them all sideways, geez.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• close.jpg
    close.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 384
  • dumpangle.jpg
    dumpangle.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 374
Ariana Khalil's sister says she was advertising on CL that she wanted to run away. Someone contacted her and she called him to come get her. Wonder if Mari advertised on CL.

I'll check if I can find her on the model Management site

The sister says she was advertising on CL that she wanted to run away. Someone contacted her and she called him to come get her. Wonder if Mari advertised on CL.

I think I missed something? Did MG's sister say something about CL or are you talking about another missing persons case?

I think I missed something? Did MG's sister say something about CL or are you talking about another missing persons case?

NO. I think she is talking about the 16 yr old missing from Newbury Park. NOT MG.

Steph I'm sorry. I should have been clear. I was referring to the new missing girl from FB. ARIANA KHALIL. I will see if I can edit the post. Thanks for bringing it to my attention...I forget that not everyone jumps between fifty things going on in their brain at all times...can't you keep up ;)

That's what I still don't get. If she was telling the truth to her sister, about wanting to smoke a cig---why didn't she just go smoke one in her car, or right outside the GW, under the awning, where it was warm and well lit? Why walk all the way down to Jons?

I smoke. I would go right outside of GW, under cover due to rain, but to a spot where I wouldn’t exhale onto people. A lot of smokers don't smoke inside their car (or home) due to smell. What would compel me to walk toward Jon's to smoke? A light. Got a cig/pack in my pocket but no lighter. I "might" ask a passerby for a light or see if the dollar store had free/cheap matches or lighter. Would they have free matches at Jon's? No, but someone says go out back, people smoke back there, they'll have matches. I pull out my American Spirit pack, offer a smoke to someone with matches. Now why do I decide to go into the church? Not to use restroom, I could do that at Jon's. Sis is waiting so wouldn’t go to church...

Answering my own question as to why I go into the church after being behind Jon's...behind Jon's I'm spooked, accosted, propositioned...I get to the church because it's safe in there. I'm safe. I sit for 10 or 15 minutes. But I can't stay here forever. I have to get back to my sister. I'm still shook, worried, upset. I rush/storm out. I go out the side door...

I would go to church to confess the secret I couldn't tell anyone else. I would go to the church to pray for forgiveness for what I was about to do. I wouldn't but maybe Maricela saw the church as a safe place - surely no one would come in this holy place to hurt me! - but sit right by the door just in case

I smoke. I would go right outside of GW, under cover due to rain, but to a spot where I wouldn’t exhale onto people. A lot of smokers don't smoke inside their car (or home) due to smell. What would compel me to walk toward Jon's to smoke? A light. Got a cig/pack in my pocket but no lighter. I "might" ask a passerby for a light or see if the dollar store had free/cheap matches or lighter. Would they have free matches at Jon's? No, but someone says go out back, people smoke back there, they'll have matches. I pull out my American Spirit pack, offer a smoke to someone with matches. Now why do I decide to go into the church? Not to use restroom, I could do that at Jon's. Sis is waiting so wouldn’t go to church...

Answering my own question as to why I go into the church after being behind Jon's...behind Jon's I'm spooked, accosted, propositioned...I get to the church because it's safe in there. I'm safe. I sit for 10 or 15 minutes. But I can't stay here forever. I have to get back to my sister. I'm still shook, worried, upset. I rush/storm out. I go out the side door...

I totally get what you re saying about her not wanting to smoke in her car. And it is true that she might have needed a light. But the 99cent store is immediately alongside the GW. so she could have found matches or a cheap lighter right there, imo.

But maybe she needed to use the restroom, which Jon's has. I used it Thursday night, and didn't see any other ones in the strip mall. So that might have been why she headed down to Jon's.

However, I am not going to agree about her going into the church because something spooked her behind Jons. If someone was scaring her out back, it would have been MUCH quicker to run back inside Jons then to go through the long dark parking lot to get to the church. I would not run into that long dark alley if someone was scaring me. The doorway to Jon's is much closer and well lit. And there is a security guard stationed right there at the entrance.

I would go to church to confess the secret I couldn't tell anyone else. I would go to the church to pray for forgiveness for what I was about to do. I wouldn't but maybe Maricela saw the church as a safe place - surely no one would come in this holy place to hurt me! - but sit right by the door just in case

I think this is right on. :candle:

Exactly. It was raining. Why not just sit in the car? I'm not sure that's what she planned to do...unless maybe she wanted to get a drink or something? Just thought she'd run into Jon's to get something first? If the dogs are accurate, although again, they stress that it was an old scent in a high traffic area so she COULD have gone to the car, why didn't she go to the car first? Maybe she went to the car and just grabbed one cigarette? I do that. But if she was going into Jons to buy something, wouldn't she take her purse?
There's just so very much that doesn't make sense. I definitely believe someone got her. I just don't know the how, where, when or why :(

Does she smoke in her car though? I know some folks dont like doing so. I dont drive, but as a smoker if I was out and it was raining and I didnt like to smoke in the car, Id choose a empty doorway or under a shop cover-thingy.

The brother said she always carried two phones. One for internet and one for talking. Sara has not said anything about her having both, I think the brother did but he wasn't there. I will try to ask Sara tomorrow. That phone would have been the internet phone because the other one was a Samsung GoPhone. The family has said that was her phone. I did not confirm that with the detective.
If you put a battery in the phone, even with the SIM card missing it should still boot up the first screen. Is it the correct background image? If it isn't locked, check to see if any of the apps are familiar. There still could be info on that phone. Not everything goes onto the SIM card. The cost of the battery... $30-80 maybe. That would be worth it to know for sure.

In response to the poll I have no idea. My gut says it was a crime of opportunity. Wrong place wrong time. I think if she hadn't left her sister there maybe voluntary could be more believable. From all accounts they were close. If she wanted to leave on her own she could have easily done that at her age without taking her sister along and leaving her at night without keys to the car on a rainy night. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this motor home still parked out behind CVS? How long has it been there? There are no license plates so it should be safe to post here.

Public image from Google Maps.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 485
In response to the poll I have no idea. My gut says it was a crime of opportunity. Wrong place wrong time. I think if she hadn't left her sister there maybe voluntary could be more believable. From all accounts they were close. If she wanted to leave on her own she could have easily done that at her age without taking her sister along and leaving her at night without keys to the car on a rainy night. JMO
I 100% agree.

Ok, so finally here are the pictures of where the phone was found. It was in what the media called a planter in front of a dumpster. It is directly behind GW and you can like drive around it...it is literally in the center of the parking lot. Margarita, in one picture you can see down the side of the building..you would have to walk outside the GW door, down the sidewalk and all the way around the building. You can also see just how big that back lot is. I think if the phone is hers, someone meant to throw it in the dumpster and missed. Of course, it could have been picked up at the other end of the parking lot by a homeless person or anyone...maybe there was a lock screen and they couldn't open it, in a fit of anger, they stomped on it. Not sure. Hopefully I can upload pics because I failed the other night...OK can anyone fix these? I am having horrible computer issues and hate to have them all sideways, geez.
Heres an aerial view, courtesy of Google maps.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 361
I have been following this thread, though not commenting. As my name implies, I'm not as quick as many of you (see my handle, "slowpoke"? lol) and am so impressed with the posters here, and mistivon most of all, of course. I hope your brilliant minds help bring Maricela home.

So, just a few thoughts.

I think her sister and/or Maricela's friends must have more clues to help figure out what the secret may have been, which may be key to her disappearance. Hopefully they have gotten together and racked their brains, compared notes, went over Maricela's statements and behavior in the days before to see what kind of conclusion they might arrive at as to what was going on with her. Her mother says she knew something was bothering her, and I think maybe the mom got the sense from that phone call that she observed that Maricela was talking to someone on the phone that might have information important. Who was it, and is there any way to find out her phone records for this smashed phone?

And, in regards to the smashed phone that was found: is that the one she used for internet, or the one she used for texting/calling?

Her mother, in that "open letter to the LAPD/MPU", says that she overheard Maricela on the phone that was found smashed. Mistivon has said the smashed phone would have been her internet phone, not her usual talking phone--am I understanding right? If so, couldn't this have significance? That she was taking a call from her phone that is not her usual talking phone one night, at the time the mother feels Maricela was feeling scared of something in those days before her disappearance.

Also, if we assume the other phone is still in her possession, is that the one that was playing music and that Maricela turned off in the Goodwill store or was it the phone that was found smashed? Maybe it was the one found smashed, and Sarah wasn't familiar with that phone's musical ringtone since Maricela usually used the other phone for calls and texts?

What gets me from the start is Sarah stating MG had to turn off her phone because music wouldn't stop playing. Sorry, doesnt make any sense. First thing I thought was someone is blowing up her phone. Was someone looking for her or could she have made contact via text or call before she even arrived at GW? Was that person at her house 15 minutes away or lost and GM made the excuse to smoke to make contact and give directions? She goes to Jons for (smokes, lighter, matches, drink, bathroom?) and walks into the church, because its a safe inconspicuous place to lurk while waiting for whoever (hookup drugs, meet pimp/manager, an x) . Then while in church gets a text from that person/persons in the back parking lot telling her to meet him/her at a vehicle in the lot which makes MG pissed and so she storms out and as per the dogs scent either went to the wrong lot and possibly per via text or call realized the perp was at the Kaiser lot and backtracked there. Or with the possible new clothing evidence was abducted out back of the church and items of clothes were picked and tossed at different locations throughout the weeks, or the dog smelled GM or her clothes from a dump truck trail. I believe she new the perpetrator. Although it could've very well been a team of abductors from the area which would explain the two sketchy guys that went back to make sure Sarah didn't know or see anything. Who knows?

As far as a 5150 episode that makes no sense to me that someone just breaks down, flips out, then rips her clothes off tosses her phone and runs away down a major street.

As far as a RSO it was on my top list of maybe, but the ringing phone, sitting in the church, not notifying anyone she's hiding from a perpetrator doesn't make sense. Now could the person she was meeting there be tied to some sex trafficking ring, yes I think it's a possibility, but a lone abductor chasing her around the strip mall without anyone being alerted doesn't sit well. On the other hand if it was a team in the area and they had her pinned in the church with one in the back door and another in the front, why didn't she tell someone at the church, and why would she head out the side door and straight to the back, or why didn't she just stay in the church? Seems to me she had to know who abducted her.

She could've run away and that person could've been waiting for her at her house, the person takes 15 minutes to drive to GW, she waits in the church, then disappears to Mexico or wherever. The photographer who liked her pics on line lists him as being in europe. Could some perv have manipulated her into sneaking into another country with his help for a future life together. Dought it.

What needs to be followed up on is:

Call all morgues for Jane Does fitting description

Call all hospitals for any Jane Does fitting description

Get phone records

Computer browser information

Yes, hard to believe, but check inmate rosters

Check criminal records

Set up a sting in the area to see whos taking the flyers down outside of the business district ( store managers most likley taking down at business ) then again an employee who lives in the area could know more.

Branch out and canvas surrounding residential neighborhoods with flyers and questions. Maybe someone has a home security camera pointed out back. Have a bodygaurd or someone with CWP to be safe.

Idk? Jmo. Good luck today out searching

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members