Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following this thread and something I don't think has been mentioned before is in all the photos of Maricela she never shows her teeth, is this something she means to or is she self conscious about her teeth? Perhaps a photo of her with her teeth showing could help ppl looking for her?

mist , so little would be known without your phenomenal effort, I'm in awe

I now wonder if she was selling drugs again, getting messed up with the wrong ppl (secret) I think the constant ringing of her phone in GW meant she had to meet someone then and there, she had no choice, she couldn't ask for help as you don't call cops on these sorts of ppl. i don't have a theory of the discarded items of hers though unless she left the choker herself as a clue to be found idk

Do not become personally involved in cases by reaching out to case players and then post about it on the forum. If members want to help, they should respond only to valid requests for volunteers.

Do report valid information or tips to the proper authorities. DO NOT, however, post your tips on Websleuths.

Did I break the rules? I didn't mean to, if so :(
So, Alan has been reading here and will be discussing Mari again today. Per the DA, Mari's charge was not prosecuted but no reasoning as to why not.
Not sure if I could continue posting. The last thing I want to do is hurt this girl or her family. I'm sad and I'm afraid I've been so wrong. I just want to find her.
I want to thank all of you for your help. You have all been so amazing, so supportive and so dedicated. I am just not sure what the right thing to do is.

What other jobs has she had/does she have?
Is the BMW her car? That's a pretty expensive vehicle to own on the income of a courier, IMO.

Shared family car? Any gps tracking? I would imagine I would want my own apartment before I would want a fancy car but that's only IMO (first time using this term!). But if it is her car I wonder when she got it. If she was selling drugs before she got clean perhaps this was a motivator- quick cash no need to work. What other jobs did she have?

Mistivon keep your chin up. I know personally, you have made me care for someone I never met. I've read many Missing Persons cases and Maricelas has been so different for me. All because of you, you have made me and I can see, many other people want to help in anyway, care for her and learn about someone where we probably would have not been able to. Just by reading all your posts, my heart aches for you because you can seriously see how much you care for this young lady and her family. Do not get down on yourself. You have been the reason why so much progress has happened. I wish for everyone to have a person like yourself in their lives. You are truly amazing, don't forget that.

Maybe the person to whom the items/food are being delivered can't request a particular driver, but couldn't the driver see a particular job and grab it? Maybe it was kind of prearranged? She knew the job would pop up and took it when it did. Kind of a stretch tho. Maybe that is completely innocent but I have wondered about those deliveries from day one. If the PI can't call PM today, I will. I think he is working on getting someone in the LAPD to talk to him and he's got sick babies :(
This wonderful PI is completely free. He never charges anyone money. What he does need, tho, is money raised through so that he can purchase air fare and whatever else he needs. I can't get him here until I do that but he is working on everything from New Jersey, which is where he lives. I'm really hoping he can get somewhere and I have faith that he can.
I hope he can go to CA soon.

I'm thinking either the Thai restaurant deliveries were totally legit PM deliveries and have nothing to do with the disappearance .... OR.... they were not PM deliveries but MG told her sister they were.

I'm leaning toward thinking they were legit and are red herrings. JMO at the moment.
She would pick something up from one place and deliver it to the other, right?

She would pick something up from one place and deliver it to the other, right?

Yes. It would say you have a pickup and blank Thai place and then provide the address. The Postmate is the. Supposed to deliver to customer within the advertised time window that the place provides. The Postmate later receives an additional tip and rating from the person who received their goods. My guess is it was the same Thai place and two different orders. But we only have Sarah to vouch that these deliveries took place. I guess not having to pay rent means she didn't need another job, however, that would leave one with a great deal of spare time. I wonder how she filled it.

I believe so. Ok, so IDK why Nancy Grace is basically doing a commercial for this alarm company...but I would like opinions on whether or not to post this podcast on the FB page. I really feel it could generate some funds for this PI. What I'm not sure of is that the family's will be used for that. That puts me in a big dilemma :(

My Sweet Sweet Private Eye Girl (Mistivon)

Any mother could relate to the intense labor pains they feel consecutively just as they are about to birth a new life. That's what's I believe is happening here. We are getting very close to truth and the pain we felt the day she disappeared is rapidly increasing every time we get one step closer. Now we have the media's attention, we have the community actively involved, we have LE's attention and we have this awesome group of"sleuthers" figuring things out, the truth will be revealed and Maricela's family could have some peace.

I agree, I feel unsure what to post and what not to post. God forbid if my good intentions jeopardize this case and someone is hurt. So for now Ill be "sleuthing behind the scenes" so to speak. haha If you need me Mistivon you have my email. Don't give up we are just about to uncover the truth behind what happen to this beautiful lost soul. <3

Did I break the rules? I didn't mean to, if so :(
So, Alan has been reading here and will be discussing Mari again today. Per the DA, Mari's charge was not prosecuted but no reasoning as to why not.
Not sure if I could continue posting. The last thing I want to do is hurt this girl or her family. I'm sad and I'm afraid I've been so wrong. I just want to find her.
I want to thank all of you for your help. You have all been so amazing, so supportive and so dedicated. I am just not sure what the right thing to do is.

Regarding postmates and fwiw I googled "postmates reviews" and they are not rated very favourably by employees and by customers (or are they called clients?) alike. At indeed.com (employee/driver reviews) the overall average is 3.6 (out of 5) with many complaining about low pay (some as low as $3 or $5 an hour etc) and bad management. On sitejabber.com (customer reviews) the average is only 1.2 with many angry customers who never got their delivery but were charged anyway and didn't get their money back, saying their customer service is terrible. The app itself is rated on itunes a 3.5.

If these reviews are true I wonder how MG made enough money from this job.

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Postmates/reviews

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.postmates.com

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/postmates-food-delivery-faster/id512393983?mt=8

There even is a "Strike against Postmates" fb page (now pretty inactive though) with people suing the company, and a filmmaker who just a few weeks ago posted that they exploit people and he wants to make a docu about them.

https://www.facebook.com/strikeagainstpostmates/

I was just informed that PM needs a subpoena to confirm or deny Mari was a PM. I explained I only wanted a yes or no not even dates of employment. I asked if that was SOP anytime someone used them as a job reference... The potential employer needed police help??? What's really going on?

I was just informed that PM needs a subpoena to confirm or deny Mari was a PM. I explained I only wanted a yes or no not even dates of employment. I asked if that was SOP anytime someone used them as a job reference... The potential employer needed police help??? What's really going on?

Maybe there is someone here with HR experience?

Sounds to me like CYA, though that doesn't necessarily mean any involvement with her disappearance.

jmo

Could be driven by company discretion for employee privacy, or LE could've advised them to plead the 5th, or they may just not care to do employment verifications - I did stumble across a post (a PM employee) asking how to deal with this dilemma, nor could I find anything telling in my online searches.... Seems they see delivery parties as independent contractors.....

My guess is someone not wanting to say anything for fear it would reflect badly on the company. At a minimum, if it was a situation where someone listed PM as past or present employment on a job application, HR should be able to confirm dates of employment, job title and whether or not the person was eligible for rehire.

I believe so. Ok, so IDK why Nancy Grace is basically doing a commercial for this alarm company...but I would like opinions on whether or not to post this podcast on the FB page. I really feel it could generate some funds for this PI. What I'm not sure of is that the family's will be used for that. That puts me in a big dilemma :(
I don't think you should secure the PI, the family should. You can be the contact on their behalf though, until they cut you out. [emoji54]

They pick up a purchase from a store or restaurant and deliver it to the purchaser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So if she made 2 deliveries to 2 Thai places, when did she pick up the goods? Wouldn't they want their stuff right away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288