Found Safe TX - Averi Bright, 13, Manvel, 31 Jan 2017

No, it hasn't, you're right.

First, she doesn't have a phone because it's broken. Now she has a samsung galaxy.

I have seen nothing out there to suggest this and I am not one to typically jump on the human trafficking 'bandwagon' but in this case, I am concerned that HT could be a very real possibility. Her activities/proximity to Super Bowl events are worrying!

This article is from Feb. of 2015
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...t-human-trafficking-event-in-the-country.html

I worry about this too, KayElJay. Not just Averi, but other girls and young women are vulnerable around the Superbowl.

I hope they find her tonight!

According to the Help Us Find page, there have been sightings of her in the Heights area at Walmart. That's not far from Discovery Green, but probably 30-45 minutes from her home.

Her family is out searching again. She was seen with another young lady. I hope they can find Averi tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the Help Us Find page, there have been sightings of her in the Heights area at Walmart. That's not far from Discovery Green, but probably 30-45 minutes from her home.

Her family is out searching again. She was seen with another young lady. I hope they can find Averi tonight.

I'm getting the feeling at the two girls are hanging out. Playing hookie, maybe?

It's starting to get late now so perhaps they will find their way home?! That would be the best scenario! Fingers crossed.

Averi Mckenzie Bright, who is 5-foot-5 and about 260 pounds, vanished from the Sedona Lakes subdivision just outside Manvel, where she was last spotted around 1:10 p.m. at the corner of Sedona and Wolf Berry.

Averi was wearing red glasses, a black hoodie and black yoga pants at the time of her disappearance.

920x920.jpg

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...old-last-seen-in-Brazoria-County-10898576.php
Whoa, this young girl is no where near 260 lbs. Really?

Hooray! This is exactly what I wanted to read this morning.

Averi, don't do this again.

Waiting for MSM, but the Help Us Find page confirms that she was found safe last night.

Edit: dang Tapatalk is so slow! I didn't see the previous posts that she was found safe until after I posted mine. Thanks, folks. :)

Fantastic! :happydance:

From the article above re: UBER:

"Uber's policy says riders have to be at least 18 years old to catch a ride. The drivers we spoke to say they are not required to ensure someone's age when picking up a rider.

Parents we spoke to says there should be a better method.

"They need to know the rules before they let them become a driver or before they put the sticker on,” said Chris Fore, a parent. “They need to be able to pass a basic test understanding the rules and regulations."

The policy is clearly stated on the app’s website.

Now, Uber drivers do go through background checks, but a lot of parents are worried about teens travelling alone."

I'm confused. How did a 13 year old call Uber twice without her cell phone? Does she have her acct memorized? Did she use a pay phone? Or did someone else hack the acct and use it. I'm curious if it could have been someone she trusted that she gave her Uber info too. Sounds like she had quite the day. I'm surprised she had money to pay for food at Buffalo Wild Wings. Is there anyone estranged from Averi who may have coaxed her into leaving with them? Most kids wouldn't just leave their dog and jump in a car and run away.

Yay! They found Averi! Excellent news.

so glad this young woman is safe. I, too, say no way is she 260lbs at that height in that picture. Regardless, she is beautiful and home now and hopefully never runs away again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back