GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that! Wasn't thinking! Of course you can't put the name's here. I did know someone who used to own a gym and tanning salon. It went out of business along time ago.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Sorry about that! Wasn't thinking! Of course you can't put the name's here. I did know someone who used to own a gym and tanning salon. It went out of business along time ago.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk
I worked too hard over the years to get and verify the information

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I read in one of those sites way back when that a group outside of LE actually had her car completely taken apart. I assume searching for evidence not noticeable to the eye, like blood under the bolted down area of the seats. Did that really happen?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fawkes, you posted some insight a while ago. We haven't heard anything from you since. Do you have any other info to add after listening to the podcast or anything? You seemed to have a local feel of the case and know a lot about what is/was going on down there. Do you have any news or updates for us? The podcast has me wanting more info and I know you had some cool stuff to share in the past.

Dr. G curious about the snapdragon fire - I would think the chemicals that make up the scent for a decomposing body would be different than in a sewer or outside place used as a toilet. A decomposing body releases a huge number of different chemical compounds. An outside toilet or sewer would not have the different body tissues, blood, bone and fat that a whole body does.

Wondering what your thoughts are about the cadaver dog hitting because of a place used as an outdoor toilet or sewer line.

Really enjoyed the video & the really good discussion. A big thank you for all the time & effort you put into this case.

Not sure where you got your info, but I know for a FACT that MHs truck was black. I don't know what truck you saw, but during the time this transpired, MH drove a black jacked-up single cab Ford truck.
The MP letter was real, just like the ring.

Is this the same truck?

IMG_2096.JPG

The original source of this photo is Fox News Corp, and the caption was "Marcus on way to lawyers office." Unfortunately, it is no longer linkable.

Anyword on the drifters found in the panhandle of florida that are now under arrest charged with a few murders? It was a couple

Listening to the newest episode of True Crime Garage (re: Gary Hilton), they mentioned an unidentified woman's body discovered Dec. 6th, 2007 off of stitcher road in LaGrange, GA. Right away, Tara Grinstead popped into my head. Although they mention the deceased in connection with Gary Hilton, I am not. I do not know the condition of the decedent's remains, other than being found in five black plastic garbage bags, with feet, hands, and head missing, and an attempt having been made to burn the remains, and thus don't know the estimated month/year of death. I simply wonder if anybody knows if this victim has been ruled out as being Ms. Grinstead?
I lived in LaGrange when that happened!! If I remember correctly, (she was set on fire by a friend of ours home) she didn't burn completely and they found receipts linking her to Gary. I hope my memory serves me correctly! I remember how horrified everyone was and scared to death!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hilton was looked at reference Tara's case

No, diminishes year after year

Hmm. I wonder if the remains are under a slab if that would "contain" the scent for a longer period since the elements haven't been able to spread the remains?
I recently acquired two beautiful German Shepards (for safety) and goodness they can find ANYTHING! Lol they constantly bring me "gifts" lol The older one is actually the father of many of the canine officers in the area. My younger one is his nephew. I adore them but I can tell you they have an excellent sense of smell!
Someone mentioned while doing their mediumship a body of water and Tara walking into it.
I can tell you that there used to be a place in Fitzgerald that was popular back in the day. It was a beautiful beach like atmosphere amusement park. My Aunt used to take us allllll the time. Occasionally it would suddenly go dry. It had a spring under it that would drain it overnight occasionally. There is an under water cave system that scuba divers would explore. A few went missing and was never found. I believe it was called Holiday Beach. Now the water has receded to basically just around the cave entrances. I've always felt that was a possible area of significance. It's a hunting club now if I'm not mistaken and there's still some left over rides etc still at the site. There's also Crystal Lake near Ocilla too. Just some possibilities and have probably been discussed already. But those bodies of water are interesting to me in regards to this case. If anything went into the cave system network, it would probably never be found honestly. A few divers have went missing over the years and it also connects to a big river far away by these caverns. These could actually be the same place honestly. We used to go every weekend. I will get on the comp and link you to it. Give me a few <3. I'd be interested to know if these areas have been searched.

Hilton was looked at reference Tara's case

Was he in the area at the time possibly? I still feel in this case it was someone in her circle though but at least rule him out right?

Here's a link to Crystal Lake in the area or well what's left of it. It's a hunting club now I believe but would be worth a search if they haven't already.
[video=youtube;Ayj38uKJxBw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayj38uKJxBw[/video]

Here's the history of the Lake. Pretty interesting to read if you like history or grew up going to this park every summer a ton! Great memories for sure. But it does explain many important things. Mainly that anyone from the area would have visited it growing up and if they are possibly members of the hunting club they would know a body could be easily hid there.
Holiday Beach as I always called it is in fact the same park. It was Crystal Lake which was eventually changed to Crystal Beach. It was a very fun place to go and has been around for a VERY long time.Several photos are at this link also!
The youtube is a fly over view of it as it stands now.
https://vanishingsouthgeorgia.com/2014/04/10/crystal-lake-irwin-county-2/
Just really curious if this area was ever thoroughly searched. I do know now what river fed the natural springs there : Alapaha River. So if she was hidden in the cave network it is possible she ended up in the river after some time.
This park was located in Irwin County.

This was searched, a t-shirt was found but not linked to this case

I know of a case in the U.K local to me, where two bodies had been buried under concrete for 18 years. They were also wrapped in plastic and in 'good' condition due to these circumstances. They weren't skeletonised either. Sorry if this isn't much help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a relief to know it was searched!!! Thank you so much for the response!

I will say in regards to the neighbor, I have always had suspicions. These are my thoughts on him and questions. He could be completely innocent mind you but I believe everyone involved should be thoroughly questioned and their actions before and after the incident should also be looked at. Him washing the car is VERY suspicious to me. Why did he do that knowing there could be vital evidence and it would be important to have the car in the exact condition it was in when she went missing.
We know money was left out in plain sight in the car and it was unlocked. Something Tara wouldn't do normally and it was out of character for her. So the car was important. Dr. Godwin did find debris under the car that could possibly tell where the car had been recently. The neighbor apparently looked over that detail and thankfully Dr. Godwin discovered it!
I've always thought the "bedroom light" deal they had was very weird. Why not the porch light? Something more visible would be more "proper" in my opinion. Did she normally sleep with her lamp on? That would seem odd to me to have a light glaring in your eyes as you try to sleep. Also why was this very important to them? Was she in fear of someone? Also, if the lamp cue was so important, why did he not immediately try to check on her when the lamp wasn't on for several nights? UNLESS he knew why it wasn't.
Another question too. Was the glove dropped possibly as someone walked towards his home? Which direction was the glove dropped?
Next we all know a spouse will cover for their husband/wife. That is no secret. So I personally take what a spouse of a POI states with a grain of salt. Plus they can't testify against their spouse.
My next point of interest is even if he was elderly, it doesn't mean he wasn't infatuated with her. She may not have even been aware of possible feelings he had for her. She may have looked at him as a father figure but he could have seen it differently.
Age has nothing to do with whether a person has the capability to do harm to someone. There are many ways a weak person can commit a crime such as murder without actually physically attacking them with a method such as strangulation which would require strength.
If you want to rule out completely POI you must ask the questions that you may not want to. Know what I mean?
Two people can see a relationship between them completely different. One can see friendship the other romance.
This crime could have happened while the spouse was asleep.
This of course is all my opinion and he could be completely innocent and I truly hope he is. But the questions should be asked.
Each person close to Tara should be deeply and thoroughly checked out.
My personal opinion is this case will be solved by DNA and a confession. Otherwise she will never be found sadly.
BUT cases are solved and prosecuted without a body all the time.
I just want to see justice for beautiful Tara. She deserves that as well as her loved ones and friends.

I know of a case in the U.K local to me, where two bodies had been buried under concrete for 18 years. They were also wrapped in plastic and in 'good' condition due to these circumstances. They weren't skeletonised either. Sorry if this isn't much help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's the exact thoughts I'm having. If she is under concrete, her remains may be preserved very well actually.

Also as a side thought, maybe she was buried close to where the person who committed the crime could always "see" her and know that no one can get to her without their knowledge. A location either in their yard or somewhere they can easily see from their home.
My mama has always said in cases like this or missing kids, when they go missing from their home, you can stand on their porch and see the perps home.
I've always found that interesting and many times true. Especially in missing kids cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson