Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think we should focus on the secret to much. It could be anything from she was using again, pregnant, got back with the ex, running away.... basically anything. We should just stick with the facts. IMO

Can't be accessed from outside the US though. (Easy to change by going to settings at the page and click country restrictions and clear those). But not sure if the family wants it changed.

I can see it fine in the UK...

I agree that speculating on what someone's secret could have been is not really useful in a practical sense. But considering that we now know Maricela was a drug user and a drug dealer, and that she frequented the area she came up missing in, it seems more likely that this secret of hers is related to her disappearance. It was so heavy that she mentioned it, was terrified to the point that she actually slept with her sister for multiple days, then she came up missing. I think she witnessed a crime as frightening as murder. And I think someone related to that event disappeared Maricela so she couldn't talk. I think she knew her abductors, and they knew her. And they decided she was a liability.

I do not think she will be found.

I agree that speculating on what someone's secret could have been is not really useful in a practical sense. But considering that we now know Maricela was a drug user and a drug dealer, and that she frequented the area she came up missing in, it seems more likely that this secret of hers is related to her disappearance. It was so heavy that she mentioned it, was terrified to the point that she actually slept with her sister for multiple days, then she came up missing. I think she witnessed a crime as frightening as murder. And I think someone related to that event disappeared Maricela so she couldn't talk. I think she knew her abductors, and they knew her. And they decided she was a liability.

I do not think she will be found.

This has been my thought. Although I haven't made up my mind about whether I think she can be found or not... and if she's found, if she'll be found safe. (I have my doubts, but I always hate going there).

I'm not able to access the facebook pages from over here either. I hope she is found. It's been too long.

I believe Maricela knew her abductor and I also believe her disappearance could be related to her lifestyle. IMO.

In the back of my mind though- maybe because she's very pretty they won't kill her? Maybe they'd try to traffic her instead because she's pretty? But I know that's just wishful thinking. I know the statistics and odds for abduction cases so I know that the odds favor her not coming home at this point.

This is probably way out there but when I first told my DH about this case and he said they need to look over in the Santa Susanna Park/Stoney Point.

It's been several years since we were in the area and it may have grown up some with houses etc and may not be as remote and wild as it was then but in our younger days we went out there a lot for climbing, hiking and rappelling. It was a common thing for our circle of friends and us to do and the phrase was always "watch out for bodies and rattlesnakes". Rattlesnakes we saw frequently but we never stumbled across a body although they seemed to be found out there quite often.

The parks are a straight shot if you take Sherman Way to Topanga Canyon Blvd up to Chatsworth. It's not a long distance at all in my memory but then the Valley never seemed big to us because we had family and friends all over the place and would criss cross it every weekend while off on one adventure or another.

All I know is I (and others) can't see it on the mainland, and Mistivon said it was because of the country settings on the Facebook page.

I am on the mainland! Is it maybe due to your internet providers isp? I know my sky isp is usually london based so maybe thats why it works for me?

That's a good option. Sunday, we are focusing on the Sepulveda Basin. I don't think we can even really make progress in such a large area :( It all looks like this:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
This is probably way out there but when I first told my DH about this case and he said they need to look over in the Santa Susanna Park/Stoney Point.

It's been several years since we were in the area and it may have grown up some with houses etc and may not be as remote and wild as it was then but in our younger days we went out there a lot for climbing, hiking and rappelling. It was a common thing for our circle of friends and us to do and the phrase was always "watch out for bodies and rattlesnakes". Rattlesnakes we saw frequently but we never stumbled across a body although they seemed to be found out there quite often.

The parks are a straight shot if you take Sherman Way to Topanga Canyon Blvd up to Chatsworth. It's not a long distance at all in my memory but then the Valley never seemed big to us because we had family and friends all over the place and would criss cross it every weekend while off on one adventure or another.

Attachments

• basinstreet.jpg
    basinstreet.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 566
  • basinstreet2.jpg
    basinstreet2.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 595
  • raymer.jpg
    raymer.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 569
I have been thinking all week about the information that was released regarding Maricela. I have held off voicing an opinion or instinct about the latest events because I really wanted to think it through first. I now realize that, at least for me, this latest information finally explains Maricela's behavior the night she disappeared.

It never made sense to me that she would voluntarily disappear and leave her sister stranded in a downpour. I could see the disappearance as being voluntary if she had given her sister the car keys before she left the GW store, but that didn't happen. It seems much more logical that she did go outside under the pretense of smoking a cigarette, but actually intended to meet someone - especially since her cigarettes were still in the car. However, the route she took that night now seems to indicate (to me) that the meeting turned into something that Maricela didn't expect or plan for.

The two things I could never make sense of were why she left her sister and why she took such an erratic path that night. This new information and the possibility of a preplanned meeting gone wrong finally makes her whole illogical path that night and abandoning her sister make more sense - JMO.

When I was in my 20's and partying way too much I did something very similar - I left a house I was at with friends. It was the middle of the night and someone showed up that I knew to very extremely violent and dangerous, so I crawled through the bathroom window to leave. I ended up walking 2 miles to another friend's house and luckily made it there safely. I just hope that Maricela has someone up above looking out for her once again so she can come home safely this time. Knowing the reality of the situation she's most likely in I'm praying for her more than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leese, Balboa Mom, Katy....are any of you going to the search tomorrow? I need two people in a specific location about 945-1015 and I can't. Mr. Mistivon and I are going to be in two locations besides the third one at the same time.
It must be a pair or team, tho.
If you can help, please let me know.
We also need men if anyone can bring a guy or two.
Thanks

If MG was protective of her younger sister, seems odd to me to take her to that area to shop. Especially if MG had a secret that was frightening related to a drug life. So...MG says she's stepping outside to smoke a cigarette. That gives her "about" 15 minutes maximum to make a quick buy or sale, if that was what she was up to. But, she would have had to set up the meeting in advance? Or, she stepped outside and called someone who lives nearby? Her meetup would have been messed up if sister said I'll go with you while you smoke, or I'm not seeing anything to buy for the decades party. As has been said before, the phone records seem so important. I believe it was said the phone records were in the hands of a third party. I didnt understand what that meant.

I'm so glad you are safe and I very much agree with your theory. I think she may not even have realized how dangerous this person was until too late. I don't remember who posted this previously, but I also believe two people were involved. Maybe someone was in the backseat who "surprised" her when she met the driver. She tried to escape and the car followed her. She thought she was safe until she realized the unexpected person was on foot. I also agree with last night's post that she may very well have witnessed a crime or someone THOUGHT she did and ESPECIALLY if she had ratted people out previously in exchange for a lighter sentence (speculation), they would have known she couldn't be trusted to keep a secret.
I firmly believe that IF she is running the streets, we will know after tomorrow. I don't think she is, but we have some good leads we will be dealing with.

I have been thinking all week about the information that was released regarding Maricela. I have held off voicing an opinion or instinct about the latest events because I really wanted to think it through first. I now realize that, at least for me, this latest information finally explains Maricela's behavior the night she disappeared.

It never made sense to me that she would voluntarily disappear and leave her sister stranded in a downpour. I could see the disappearance as being voluntary if she had given her sister the car keys before she left the GW store, but that didn't happen. It seems much more logical that she did go outside under the pretense of smoking a cigarette, but actually intended to meet someone - especially since her cigarettes were still in the car. However, the route she took that night now seems to indicate (to me) that the meeting turned into something that Maricela didn't expect or plan for.

The two things I could never make sense of were why she left her sister and why she took such an erratic path that night. This new information and the possibility of a preplanned meeting gone wrong finally makes her whole illogical path that night and abandoning her sister make more sense - JMO.

When I was in my 20's and partying way too much I did something very similar - I left a house I was at with friends. It was the middle of the night and someone showed up that I knew to very extremely violent and dangerous, so I crawled through the bathroom window to leave. I ended up walking 2 miles to another friend's house and luckily made it there safely. I just hope that Maricela has someone up above looking out for her once again so she can come home safely this time. Knowing the reality of the situation she's most likely in I'm praying for her more than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So she was going for a smoke, someone(s) she hadn't dealt with that day...she just happened to see them while smoking? Or it was an arranged meeting? Just trying to figure how this meeting might have came about.
I think she frequented the area and purchased and/or sold there in the past. She may have spontaneously flagged someone down that she bought/sold from in the past, or maybe merely saw hanging around sometimes. So, she may have encountered someone and made the supposed buy/sell, and that person or persons took advantage of an opportunity.

The other FB page was removed, gone, as far as I know, so don't have a link.

I don't know anything about an update for yesterday, never mentioned one in my post. Maybe whomever mentioned a post on 2/9 will respond.

Everything only leafs to one site, the same missing site. If there are two Facebook pages, please post them both.

Also, I am unable to find an update for yesterday (2/9) that was mentioned ... ???

The only update from yesterday was informing everyone that leads were still being followed up on. The last "official update" was on Monday. Hopefully that answers your question?

The other FB page was removed, gone, as far as I know, so don't have a link.

I don't know anything about an update for yesterday, never mentioned one in my post. Maybe whomever mentioned a post on 2/9 will respond.

That's a good option. Sunday, we are focusing on the Sepulveda Basin. I don't think we can even really make progress in such a large area :( It all looks like this:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Was there a tip to search this area or is if close?

Leese, Balboa Mom, Katy....are any of you going to the search tomorrow? I need two people in a specific location about 945-1015 and I can't. Mr. Mistivon and I are going to be in two locations besides the third one at the same time.
It must be a pair or team, tho.
If you can help, please let me know.
We also need men if anyone can bring a guy or two.
Thanks

Sorry, but we will be out of town this weekend for a family wedding.

I probably would be useless anyway, as I have severe asthma, and going out into the remote brush areas would be a bad idea, healthwise. I think I am too old for this kind of a search. :candle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie